PDA

View Full Version : Y-wing and skiff revisited

matt_ox
08-17-2001, 11:18 PM
Alright boys and girls, These definately need to to be re-released. Probably like most others, I totally missed these the first time they came to target. I also think the demand for them is high enough that Hasbro could make a pretty penny off of these things. Hopefully they will think about it. Write if you agree. Thanks

Eternal Padawan
08-18-2001, 02:18 AM
I agree. Target sucks. They should put these out thru the Fan Club.

bigbarada
08-18-2001, 02:34 AM
Yes, please. I've never seen either one. :(

Obi-Dan Kenobi
08-18-2001, 12:40 PM
By divine intervention or something, I was able to get a Y-Wing the first week of August or something, and found the first wave of POTJ Collection Two hanging right above it. (I only got the Coruscant Guard 'cause I was even poorer than usual at the time.) Never, ever saw a skiff in stores, and was too stupid to buy it when I saw it on Target's website (only once, of course). I would do a dance of joy if the skiff was re-released, as it's one of the things I wanted but never got as a kid.

Oh, and Target exclusives suck. Other than that, I think it is a fine store.

humsup
08-19-2001, 08:08 AM
Exclusives means more expensive selling here. So for me, not only Target Exclusives sucks, ALL exclusives sucks!! :mad:

JediTricks
08-19-2001, 08:48 AM
Fan club, these SHOULD be available through the Fan club once Target no longer has any interest in selling more of them.

Eternal Padawan
08-20-2001, 10:59 AM
JT, do you know if they even PRODUCE these anymore? I kind of got the feeling that the production run had ended on the Skiffs and Y-Wings. If the run has ended, how hard is it to start back up? And if it hasn't ended (overseas distributors and such) then how come Target isn't perpetually getting them in stock?

JediTricks
08-21-2001, 03:19 AM
I believe production has ceased on these 2 pieces, and Hasbro is selling off all that Target didn't take to overseas retailers since Target has the "exclusive" right to sell these in the US. That doesn't preclude Hasbro starting another production wave of these though.

GNT
08-21-2001, 04:14 AM
If you want a SKIFF just come to "Australia",Skiffs are falling off the shelves because there is so many of them!

Shelfwarmers!!!!!!! Stupid Hasbro!

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 02:23 PM
Did you hear that Hasbro? We want more Skiffs and Y-Wings!!:mad:

And get crackin' on a Sith Infiltrator while you're at it.

DarthMaulSithLord
03-28-2002, 06:11 AM
I want more Force FX Vehicles made with proper plastics, landing gear and a pack-in non-generic looking figure:

- Darth Vader's TIE-Fighter w/Darth Vader (from gunner station with added articulation).
- Y-Wing w/Gold Leader.
- B-Wing w/Blue Leader.

:happy:

Lman316
03-29-2002, 02:21 PM
Since there is no Target near me (the closest being over two hours away), I have very little chance to get Target exclusives. I did manage to get my B-Wing because I happened to be taking a trip up there and I got lucky.
I have been looking for the Skiff and Y-Wing on Ebay, and I absolutely refuse to pay $50 plus shipping for the Skiff and anywhere from $50 - $75 for the Y-Wing.
I too am puzzled as to why they don't put these on the Fan Club. I mean, they released exclusive figures on the Fan Club: Oola, B'Omar Monk and the Cantina Band Member. And I'm pretty sure that those sold rather well. Wouldn't the same logic apply to the vehicles?
It could possibly give everyone a fair shot. Because if you don't have Internet access, you can always call them.
What about it Hasbro?

Sidiously Darth
03-30-2002, 01:16 AM
Here's my story on the Target Exclusives I wanted:

Skiff - Never saw it in the store. I bought one off of ebay for $50 but that included a Slave-I, a GC Boba Fett and shipping.

Y-Wing - Thank goodness I kept my vintage one and timelyness. I called a Target store and they had one left. I broke some traffic laws that day.

B-Wing - I bought one for retail. They actually asked me how many I wanted...Weird!!! Then a few months later I find them on clearance and got one for $10. I wish I had waited. This was by far the easiest to find.

Taichi
04-13-2002, 12:39 PM
I wish I could find just ONE of them.....

the B-Wing and Skiff especially (I'm not even INTERESTED in their bastardized Y-Wing).....

sith_killer_99
04-13-2002, 12:58 PM
Well, I was LUCKY enough to find a few EXTRA TIE Interceptors to trade.

1 for a Y-Wing
1 for a B-Wing

As for the Skiff, sadly, I am still missing this from my collection.

RooJay
04-15-2002, 09:02 PM
This is along the lines of something I posted before. I really think Hasbro should throw us a bone and give us a second shot at some of the harder to find stuff. Items that, in my opinion, Hasbro could stand to make a lot more money off of still. Even if they are slight re-decos in the new packaging. Not only the Y-Wing and Skiff, but also Han/ Taun Taun Beast pack, Series 2 (or was it 3) of the Ep. 1 accessory packs, Commtech Trooper (they can even leave the Commtech Chip out this time and just make this great figure more widely available. Figures like this should be made in such high quantities that they become Pegwarmers, in my opinion.), etc..

Beast
04-15-2002, 09:15 PM
Well, RooJay...The Star Wars Fan Club will have an army builder 4-pack of the Commtech Imperial Stormtroopers later this year. 2 of them come with the POTF2 Imperial Blasters, and the other 2 come with the Long Rifle that the original carded figure was packed with. Hopefully the set is widely sucessful, and will lead to more army builder sets in the future. CloneTroopers, SandTroopers, Biker Scouts, and Rebel Fleet Troopers would be a good start.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
04-15-2002, 09:29 PM
In a perfect world, it would be nice if everyone got what they wanted, wouldn't it?

Hasbro doesn't want pegwarmers, they want stuff to sell. For every one Ketwol you see on the shelves, that's one Bo Shek that Target isn't ordering. Target managers don't care either, one figure is as good as another, from their point of view.

As for the exclusives, well, that sucks that people didn't get them. But as for CT stormtroopers, not only are they releasing a "troop builder pack," but the fact that some people have hundreds, means that they were out there.

In Hasbro's point of view though, the stuff sold. And it would be more trouble to go through the trouble to put the toys back into the mold, and into production, then make new packaging, etc. then its worth, IMO.

Eternal Padawan
04-15-2002, 11:43 PM
(sigh) I finally broke down and got a Skiff for $35 and a Y-Wing for $50. I still have my Target rain check for two $14.99 Skiffs. :rolleyes:

Damn you Target.

RooJay
04-16-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Well, RooJay...The Star Wars Fan Club will have an army builder 4-pack of the Commtech Imperial Stormtroopers later this year. 2 of them come with the POTF2 Imperial Blasters, and the other 2 come with the Long Rifle that the original carded figure was packed with. Hopefully the set is widely sucessful, and will lead to more army builder sets in the future. CloneTroopers, SandTroopers, Biker Scouts, and Rebel Fleet Troopers would be a good start.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

NO! ...really?!:rolleyes: :D

LOL! JarJarBinks, that reminds me of some of the stories posted in the "Dealing with the uninformed" thread posted elsewhere in these forums. Thanks for explaining to me what you thought I didn't already know, but what I was trying to say was that these figures should be released carded (or boxed in a troop builder set) back onto the mass market so everyone, fanclub member or not, has a second shot at them.

...and we should hope that the fanclub exclusive troop builder set becomes common practice!

RooJay
04-16-2002, 02:08 PM
Remember the good old days when you could go to the store years after a figure was released and could still pick one up if you didn't mind buying it on a new card. What happened to those days when Kenner would just gather up all the pegwarmers from a previous release, repackage them in the style of the latest movie and send them back out? In my opinion, this is what should still be happening with figures like the Stormtrooper.

Ahhhhhhhh the good old days....:happy: