PDA

View Full Version : Is this real, or a knock off?

bobafrett
04-23-2003, 01:10 AM
Ebay Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2170633719&category=154)

I was shopping on eBay, when I came across this. First I think the person is nuts for starting the bidding so high, next, I don't recall their being a Stormtrooper Luke back in the vintage era. The body looks like something from the early Kenner years.

2-1B
04-23-2003, 01:40 AM
It's a real knockoff. :D

It looks legit to me, the pic is a bit fuzzy but the sculpt looks accurate.
There was indeed a vintage Stormie Luke released in the POTF line and that pic looks like all the ones I've seen over the years. :)

JediBoulton
04-23-2003, 09:26 AM
The figure shown looks exactly like my old Luke Stormtrooper. This figure and Han Solo in Carbonite were the last two figures I bought while I was a child. Now, some twenty years later -- I wish I would have left these in the package -- oh well!!

This is the real thing.

bobafrett
04-23-2003, 02:02 PM
Thanks, I don't remember the Luke in Stormtrooper disguise, but then I don't remember to much from those early collecting days. I just went through my vintage figures, but found that I didn't get one of those. Actually, I might have had one, but my mom threw away a bunch of my figures from that time. And just because I don't remember it, doesn't mean it wasn't made.

Thanks!

Dr Zoltar
04-23-2003, 03:50 PM
I personally don't remember this fig at all. But I stopped collecting right around the time Kenner starting attaching those coins to figs. I wasn't into what seemed to me rehashes of previously released figs. So no POTF, or Droids, or Ewoks cartoon figs. But I really think I would have heard about a vintage Luke in stormtrooper disguise.

LusiferSam
04-23-2003, 06:07 PM
I remember this figure and I remember really wanting this Luke. One of the last Star Wars figures I got as a kid was Warok who came on a 92 back card of course, a card which I later lost. So later when I'd till friends (who at that time didn't care) about the POTF figures, I was told I was crazy.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-23-2003, 07:31 PM
This was the one I also drooled over, once I saw it on the back of my POTF Lando General figure's card; that and the Imperial Gunner. I found both on the secondary market (about $35 each, Luke was carded, Gunner loose). Actually, the $79 US price is about average (maybe a tad above average) for a loose Luke Trooper.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-23-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
This was the one I also drooled over,

Same, and now I look at his misproportioned lil' pinhead and still love him so!

:kiss: :p

Kidhuman
04-23-2003, 09:34 PM
I too never had this figure. I had stopped collecting as well when they started putting the coins with them. I really wanted this figure and Amanaman at the time but never got them.

bobafrett
04-23-2003, 11:36 PM
I remember seeing the coined figures, and wanting them all, but because I was only bringing in very little money, I had to pick and choose. I remember passing on some of the figures, that I now wished I had bought.

Yes, Luke does look a little funny with his tiny head, but the figures from that time all looked a little funny, I mean I was looking at my Lando, and I laughed. I'm so much happier with "most" of the sculpts of today.