PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Troopers Bald Spot!!!

GNT
11-16-2001, 08:27 PM
Why does the Rebel Trooper have a bald spot,is it so the helmet fits on???

Check out the image here (http://www.collectstarwars.com/potj/basic/rebtrooper_backhead.jpg)

It totally ruins the figure without his helmet off,poor loose collectors :( !?

Thoughts?

master jedi
11-16-2001, 09:58 PM
Good thing I'm not a loose collector.

Beast
11-16-2001, 10:01 PM
Well, I have good news, and bad news.

It's an ugly bald spot, but not many loose collectors will get to see it, because they won't be able to get the bloody helmet off. :(

According to what some of the people that already have these are saying, it's an attachment point for the helmet. And that the helmet is actually glued on. Which sucks for us customizers, means we have to work on removing the stupid thing.

First they mold the chinstrap directly to his head, and then they glue his helmet on. *Sigh* With Hasbro it's always two steps forward, one step back. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
11-16-2001, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
Good thing I'm not a loose collector.

Same here :) (Although I wont get a few to open this time!)

derek
11-16-2001, 10:29 PM
no GNT, that's no bald spot. before vader choked the ships captain, he scalped one of his troopers to get him to talk. after that didn't work, he resorted to the good ol' choke.:)

Wolfwood319
11-17-2001, 12:38 AM
Isn't the figure labeled as having a "removable helmet"?

Well, this figures. (no pun intended)

Fulit
11-17-2001, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Isn't the figure labeled as having a "removable helmet"?

Well, this figures. (no pun intended)

I thought the same thing. I recieved mine today (ordered online) and I can report that my Rebel Fleet Trooper's helmet DOES NOT come off. I swear I saw a picture of one months back w/ a removable helmet. Other than that though, it's a great figure, the way his knees and ankles swivel 'round, so he can stand or kneel w/out an ugly knee joint is ingenius.

evenflow
11-17-2001, 09:05 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. First reaction was like cool figure, then i saw those damn chin straps and it was all down hill from there.

GNT
11-18-2001, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Fulit

I thought the same thing. I recieved mine today (ordered online) and I can report that my Rebel Fleet Trooper's helmet DOES NOT come off. I swear I saw a picture of one months back w/ a removable helmet. Other than that though, it's a great figure, the way his knees and ankles swivel 'round, so he can stand or kneel w/out an ugly knee joint is ingenius.

I guess they glued his helmet to his head! :mad:

master jedi
11-18-2001, 05:15 PM
Maybe it's some sort of star wars chia pet or something.

Emperor Howdy
11-18-2001, 10:31 PM
Permanent helmet...not permanent (snicker-snicker..."permanent"....), let's not split hairs (snort-bwahaa...."split hairs...")

Probability is we'll all have a bald spot someday. :cry:

But wouldn't you think that if they could invent lightsabers, they could cure baldness?......not having to resort to plugs or something? Maybe I'll permantly glue a cap on my head if it happens to me. I'm babbling, aren't I? Who is this?.......mom?:eek:

Mandalorian Candidat
11-19-2001, 02:49 PM
At last! A realistic figure! First we got the chubby american guy figure (Porkins) and now the middle-aged cueball. They could have at least shipped him with a case of Rogaine or some of Ron Popeil's hair-in-a-can.

Jayspawn
11-19-2001, 03:23 PM
I'm hoping to pick up an army of these suckers to battle my COMMTECH Stormtroopers. Removable helmets would have been nice.

Wolfwood319
11-19-2001, 03:29 PM
Porkins wasn't fat, it was glandular.

GNT
11-22-2001, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy
Probability is we'll all have a bald spot someday. :cry:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it cant be true!!!!!!! NNNNOOOOOOOO! :cry:

Obi-Don
11-22-2001, 06:40 AM
Most people think that my baseball cap is glued on anyway.If I do start having a problem with hair lost, no-one will notice. :D

JediCole
11-22-2001, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by GNT

It totally ruins the figure without his helmet off,poor loose collectors :( !?

Well, I for one am a loose figure collector, and quite frankly I don't care that the helmet is glued on! This is vast improvement on the original Rebel Fleet Trooper, which (after TWENTY PLUS YEARS as a loose figure collector) I was glad to have. Frankly I am tired of all of the complaints about minor details. Customizers complain the most, but when was Hasbro (or Kenner) ever in the business of suppllying figure customizers? And who cares about the bald spot? As if that is somehow less of a detractor to the permanant chin strap! Perhaps it is because I have collected since 1977 that I take such issue with these petty complaints. I've devoted a lifetime to the persuit of this hobby and I think that gives me a clear perspective of the evolution of the line from the Early Bird Set to the soon to be released unified Star Wars line. The Power of the Force line was a VAST improvement over the Early Bird Four, and with some the exception of some poor sculpting choices, the POTF2 line was the next step in a progression that continues to improve. It seems to me that for many, the better the figures become, the better they want them to become. Only FASTER!

GNT
11-23-2001, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by JediCole
Well, I for one am a loose figure collector, and quite frankly I don't care that the helmet is glued on! This is vast improvement on the original Rebel Fleet Trooper, which (after TWENTY PLUS YEARS as a loose figure collector) I was glad to have.

Its still a nice figure to have,I plan to get it with or without a removable hat :) This is a HUGE IMPROVEMENT OVER THE LAST ONE! :)