PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Saga Lightsabers, Better Quality?

mm74md
04-23-2003, 03:08 PM
I just noticed that 6 figures (maybe more if you count Ashla & Jempa which I don't have yet) Aayla, Barriss, SC Anikin, Yoda, Chian, & Darth Tyranus all have lightsabers that don't "come apart". Meaning that they more resemble POTJ lightsabers & are more sturdy.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a trend that will continue? You think Hasbro has fixed the lightsaber issue? Let's hope!

Lman316
04-23-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by mm74md
I just noticed that 6 figures (maybe more if you count Ashla & Jempa which I don't have yet) Aayla, Barriss, SC Anikin, Yoda, Chian, & Darth Tyranus all have lightsabers that don't "come apart". Meaning that they more resemble POTJ lightsabers & are more sturdy.

If you're talking non-removable blades, then Tyranus actually has one. If you just mean as far as quality and that they don't break as easily, well, then I might agree with you.
But the 2003 Darth Tyranus figure does have a removable blade - the blade comes off attached to the saber guard at the top.

End...

Sidiously Darth
04-23-2003, 06:55 PM
My Barriss has a removable blade. That's why I was able to give her a proper blue blade instead of the green one she came with. Lman316 is right about Tyranus but I don't know the rest you indicated.

Jargo
04-23-2003, 07:15 PM
Hasbro says that 2003 sabers will return to one piece. Dookus saber from the speeder set is a really nice saber. Perhaps a little chunky but really nicely made, as is Anakin's from the speeder set. I still don't see why they didn't pack a saber hilt with figures and a one piece saber, the way they did for episode one figures like obi. That worked fine then can't see why it wouldn't work now.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-23-2003, 09:32 PM
I thought they said 2004 sabers would be non-removable, not 2003. Even though I know Anakin's saber is one piece (not sure about the others, I don't have them). While most of the lightsabers from 2002 were fine for me, a few broke, so it's good now that they're back to one piece. :)

Teeska Mon Eebon
04-23-2003, 09:48 PM
Yeah I would like the episode 1 type sabers (one peice) but like the look of the metal hilts so maybe they could co both... and My Ayla has a removable, so when are the one peices starting?

Jargo
04-23-2003, 09:49 PM
2003 - 2004, who's counting? :crazed:

Teeska Mon Eebon
04-23-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
I thought they said 2004 sabers would be non-removable, not 2003. Even though I know Anakin's saber is one piece (not sure about the others, I don't have them). While most of the lightsabers from 2002 were fine for me, a few broke, so it's good now that they're back to one piece. :)

Woops answered my question 2004 :crazed:

mm74md
04-24-2003, 11:07 AM
Weird, I wonder why mine all have 1 piece sabers? What are the copyright dates on yours? Mine all say 2003. I wonder if they made a batch with the removable & all the new batches have the one piece blades?

The only two piece blade I've seen in a while is the new Mace.

mm74md
04-24-2003, 01:08 PM
It looks like even the 2002 Saga figures have the "new" stlye 1 piece lightsabers. I just went to the mall during lunch and at KB the old Dooku, Anikin Hanger, Yoda, & Darth Maul all had the 1 piece sabers!

aceguide
04-24-2003, 02:09 PM
I hope that it is rue. I have had it with the breakable blade lightsabers from the early SAGA releases.

pthfnder89
04-24-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by mm74md
It looks like even the 2002 Saga figures have the "new" stlye 1 piece lightsabers. I just went to the mall during lunch and at KB the old Dooku, Anikin Hanger, Yoda, & Darth Maul all had the 1 piece sabers!

I'm not sure about that mm74md. Althought the red saber from the original Dooku figure has always been a one piece, the green metal one should be a two piece.

Do the lightsabers with your Aayla and Barris figures have metal hilts? If so, then the blades have to be removeable since they are plastic.

Out of curiosity, are the figures you are talking about still packaged or have you actually taken them out and inspected them?