PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever made/seen a Star Wars themed Pinata?

mm74md
04-23-2003, 04:01 PM
My son wants a Star Wars theme birthday party in a few weeks. My wife wants to make a Star Wars themed Pinata (like the Death Star). However, we are having a hard time finding anything online.

Any suggestions?

LTBasker
04-23-2003, 04:32 PM
Usually you can get things custom made, I think I vaguely remember seeing just a rectangle box one time that had the SW logo on it, but that was it and years ago. It shouldn't be hard to get one made, probably a lightsaber would be good...

Lobito
04-23-2003, 04:37 PM
Now thats something i haven seen...A SW piņata!!! But dont loose hope, ´'m sure there would be a way to get one or if not, it would not be too hard to change the design of a spidey piņata and make it a SW character.

Good luck!

Kidhuman
04-23-2003, 05:57 PM
Never seen one either. Maybe one of those party stores would have them or could possibly order one.

kool-aid killer
04-24-2003, 06:33 AM
Im thinking you might have to make your own. You could buy a regular figure pinata and somehow make him a star wars costume or if there are any stores that make them maybe you could ask them to customize one for you. You could make the stick that you beat it with look like a lightsaber too.

bobafrett
04-24-2003, 08:39 AM
Making your own pinata shouldn't be to difficult. But honestly, if you were to buy a Star Wars themed pinata, would you be able to watch your child beat & smash it to pieces? I know if I ever saw one, it would become part of my collection.

I did want to make a pinata of the old lady who used to manage the gretting card section of the Wal-Mart where I worked. She was evil.

mm74md
04-24-2003, 10:10 AM
We are seriously thinking of something simple like the Death Star. Then we will let the kids smash it with lightsabers. It we get one made or make it ourselves, I'll have to post some pix.

bobafrett
04-25-2003, 12:21 AM
I think if you can get a large enough balloon and use paper mache', then decorate it with gray paper like material you should be good to go, just make sure you leave somewhere to put the goodies in!

stillakid
04-25-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by bobafrett
I think if you can get a large enough balloon and use paper mache', then decorate it with gray paper like material you should be good to go, just make sure you leave somewhere to put the goodies in!

I was just gonna say that! ;)

Take a variety of balloon sizes, then tape them together in roughly the shape you want to make. Let's use JAR JAR BINKS as a good example. I mean, even the adults will want to get into the action with that head swinging from the gallows. :D

Anyhow, tape a long balloon to a rounder one to form the head and snout. Then a couple longish ones for the ears (or just attached cardboard ears later for a flatter look). Then another roundish one to the bottom for the neck. A couple of smaller longish ones for the eyes.

Then paste on a thin layer (one or two layers only) of newpaper/glue. Use wads of newspaper to fill in the gaps where necessary.

Let dry.

Pop the balloons.

Fill JAR JAR's head with anything as it has always appeared to be mostly empty.

Seal the hole (at the bottom of the neck) with more paper mache.

Let dry.

Paint.

Hang em high.

Serve with picante or barbeque sauce.

Enjoy!

bobafrett
04-25-2003, 02:34 PM
Well, a Jar Jar pinata would be something of a stress reliever. I'd be beating that Gungan silly. Take that you stupid computer generated fish like thing, arrgghhhhh!

plasticfetish
04-26-2003, 02:42 AM
I've seen some pretty weird pinatas. If I happen to be driving by one of the local ... uhh ... pinata-rias, I'll take a look. You could try and find a big baseball or basketball pinata and just repaint it grey.

I love pinatas ... my son had a pirate b-day party this year and we got him a nice big parrot pinata. Think about it ... a bunch of little kids wearing eye patches clubbing a parrot to death and then fighting over his candy guts. F-u-n!

I would think that someone might have a Jango Fett pinata somewhere.

Exhaust Port
04-26-2003, 08:47 AM
My mom and I use to make pinatas for my birthday parties as a kid using the method stillakid and bobafrett mentioned. It's easy and fun. My only word of advice is to not get too crazy adding layers of paper mache. A couple of times we used too much and ended up with a nearly bullet proof pinata. Laying it on the ground and smacking it with an aluminum bat yielded only a little damage after a while.

Another thought. Use strips of newspaper instead of larger pieces. They're easier to control and lay better on curving surfaces.