View Full Version : Cowtown Baby!!!

04-23-2003, 07:35 PM
Hi all anyone in here from calgary im moving there from london soon wandered if anyone was out there

04-24-2003, 01:13 AM
yeah, prairie oysters, mmm - yummy!

what's bringing you to Canada? no offence to anyone but even as an avid snowboarder it would take a lot to get me to choose Calgary over London.

04-24-2003, 06:13 AM
the way of life is better!!!! its way too stressful over here

04-24-2003, 06:27 AM
what im trying to say is the standard of living is far greater....you are welcome to come and spend some time in london to see what i mean.......for example a average sized 3 bedroom house in london which you would think was tiny would cost around say 230,000 pounds thats like half a million dollars how do u think someone like me could afford to but a house like that, theres no way i would rent so...well yu get the jist of it, have you ever been to london?? its a fantastic city but i want somewhere better for my kids you know (when i finally have them) what other city in the world is there where most criminals carry guns but the police dont????

04-24-2003, 01:07 PM
true, very true. all your reasons are very valid. I spent two weeks there, but the tourist perspective is totally different. I was (still am) a big fan of brit pop and tons of other things british, plus urban settings in general so I was like a kid in a candy store. all my memories have a silver lining that I'm sure would quickly disappear if I was to live there. my earlier comments certainly weren't meant to discourage you and after thinking about it with an unbiased opinion, you are definitely making the right choice.

04-24-2003, 03:07 PM

04-24-2003, 03:18 PM
ive also got loads of family all over canada vancouver, calgary, toronto so it will be cool. most of my cousins about 5 are in the police in different forces around the country so hopefully ill do the same!....fingers crossed oh one thing i forgot to mention and how could i forget you have some damn fit (HOT) girls out there the accent just drives me nuts!!!!!:D