PDA

View Full Version : Enter the Matrix...will you own it?

AmanaMatt
04-23-2003, 09:29 PM
Personally, I am a had core fan, and am currently preparing for all things Matrix (just conquered my Buffy game), and think (translation: hope) that this game rocks. Will folks here pick it up? Which system? I gues on 05/15 we will see if this is sweet or not.

Anakin2121
04-23-2003, 09:33 PM
Thankfully it's coming on every system....Xbox, PC, PS2, Gamecube....

Go to www.enterthematrixgame.com, the official gamesite....there's a documentary you can view that shows just how much the game ties into the movie! It's amazing. The guys that wrote/directed the movies wrote the game story and approved of everything in it! :)

QLD
04-24-2003, 03:21 AM
I am pretty sure I will be owning this.

Patient Zero
04-24-2003, 10:24 AM
I think that I am going to wait as so many high profile games turn out to be junk. Perhaps I will buy it used.

jpak001
04-25-2003, 10:14 AM
I'll probably get it. So far everything Matrix has been great, I'm sure the game will be too!

AmanaMatt
04-25-2003, 09:06 PM
Tell you what, for those on the bubble about this, I will pick this up 05/15 (already preordered); once I play this for a bit, I'll give a mini review on the look, controls, and camera - the things that tend to concern most folks. That way, for those that want this but are afraid this will not be good, it'll make your decision easier. I am getting the xbox one, and the review will be based on this - I'll be as objective as I can be

mini-rock
05-05-2003, 12:34 AM
I'll be picking it up on XBOX also. Absolutely can't wait!:D

mrmiller
05-05-2003, 11:19 AM
I will definately be playing this- but I doubt I'll be buying, more likely renting. I only buy XBox Live games any more, unless I find good prices on used games (plus my atari collection fettish).

=MATT=

jpak001
05-11-2003, 03:23 AM
Check out the new issue of X-Box magazine, the demo disc has a pretty cool trailer for the game.

Looks like it's gona be a great game! Apparently there's an hour of Matrix movie footage (done by the Wachowski Bros) that you can only get in the game...... Damn, I'll have to buy it for sure now!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-15-2003, 02:25 AM
Yeah, count me in. I won't get it until summer, when i have that thing called "money" but any reviews (for ps2, if possible, but i'm curious for all formats) will be greatly appreciated. Cheers! :D

AmanaMatt
05-15-2003, 04:16 PM
I just bought the Xbox version today - have not yet played, but will have thoughts up tomorrow.

First thing noticed about the game was the package itself: only one plastic security strip or whatever you call that. This game had no other shrink wrap, and was the easiest game I ever opened.

More tomorrow...

jpak001
05-15-2003, 10:21 PM
I just got it today also. Mine had only one security strip too, plus the cigarette box style opening strip. I hope they continue this "consumer friendly packaging" trend. Just wish they would start doing that with dvd's too!

I haven't played it yet, but I'm about to now! :D

mini-rock
05-16-2003, 02:13 AM
I've been playing it since about 3p.m. today. This is hands down the best game I have played. Anyone with a Hi-Def RPTV will be amazed, and even if not, the action is awesome. I could go on, but you have to play to believe it. :)

DewMan37
05-16-2003, 09:19 PM
I'll get it, one way or another...;)

mini-rock
05-16-2003, 09:27 PM
Persefone & Niobe kissing in the chateau, what's not to like about this game? Oh yeah, flying the hovercraft. That is the only part that I do not care for

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-16-2003, 09:41 PM
Just got mine for PS2. About to kick back, do some drinkin' and enter the matrix. I'll post info later. so so giddy!! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-16-2003, 11:30 PM
Update: wow, just wow. this game is beautiful. I just got owned by an Agent, but it was too much fun. I'm going to play the first part over and try not to fire a bullet for most of it. Anyway, ps2 users, get this game, now!! :D

mini-rock
05-16-2003, 11:43 PM
Well, I just beat the gamw as Niobi, and now I'm gonna try it as Ghost. This game rocks!!:)

jpak001
05-17-2003, 12:17 AM
Damn dude! You already beat it? You must be good!

mini-rock
05-17-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by jpak001
Damn dude! You already beat it? You must be good!

LOL!:p:D No, I'm retired and have alot of time on my hands.

BTW, If anyone gets stuck in the game (XBOX version) lemme know. Be glad to help.:)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-17-2003, 12:37 AM
Mini-rock, how long did it take you and how many levels are there, roughly? I'm curious, i wanna make sure the game was worth my purchase. :D thanks!

mini-rock
05-17-2003, 01:04 AM
Well, I got the game home and started playing it at around 3p.m. yesterday, played it here & there off & on, and beat it around 4 today. I tried to save after each level, and count 52 saves, but I know I missed a few. I'd say between 55-60. My favorite is Persephone's bedroom. Heh heh :D

AmanaMatt
05-19-2003, 05:11 PM
Ok, I have played this game off an on for a couple of days, and to this point, I am only now past the airport and know I have a long way to go, but for my impressions:

First off, I'd say buy this game only if you are a hard core fan of the Matrix.

The look: the character details are awsome - far and away the best thing about this - that, and the focus abilities are a lot of fun, and the saving grace of an obviosly rushed game. Does it live up to the hype? No - not really. That does not stop this from being a lot of fun. The backgrounds, while look pretty darn good, are only marginally interactive environments, but acceptable. On the xbox version, I have encountered two glitches: the first in the post office that is so small to be no biggie, but in the tunnel section, right before you duck out, and head to the aiplane, the one right before where you have to use the siper rifle. There, the tunnel section is quite dark, then when you pull out a gun, the whole are lights up, but when the gun goes back in the holster or whatever, the area is still lit for a time, then darkens - this was a tad annoying...not the biggest deal.

The movements: this, I feel will depend on personal tastes. For me, I like having control of where I can view, as opposed to this game that has an active 'camera' which can be annoying. Meaning, I like have the left control for the vertical axis and the right for the horizontal, but here the one control does it all, with the other used as a first person perspective, which I find lame, since you have to use this when only standing still. A few time where I am using judo on someone, the camera changes to what seems like the worst possible vantage point, for the viewer to play...sometimes it is just fine...

The Hacking: almost a game itself, and a source of great frustration and fun for me. Overall, I have had as much fun here as the rest of the game, which is cool...

The storyline: NICE! No complaints here so far...

Overall grade B or so. I cannot say B+, nor would I say as low as a B- but somewhere in the slightly above average category. Overall, this game is fun, it is not horrible as some have suggested, but it could have been a lot more polished...the timeframe in which this game had to come out obviously caused the folks making this to rush it out, and thus the game can stand some polishing. THis may seem like I am being negative at the game, but karate choping a cop has been fun.

Is there Neo anywhere in the game? Did they get permission to use Keanu's likeness, 'cause I have seen nothing to really indicate we will see him. We hear him in the hacking section, but even the multiplayer levels sport everyone (sort of) except Neo, which is odd...

mini-rock
05-19-2003, 06:10 PM
Yeah you do get to see Neo a couple times. First when you go after Morpheous on the truck (Neo comes to the rescue) and then for a second or two when Morpheous calls for Niobi's help, and they meet. Neo is standing just behing Trinity. We get to see Trinity longer though when she goes into the construct down on Zion to "mix it up" with Ghost (playing as Ghost). You also get to see Neo a few times at the end of the game.:D

QLD
05-20-2003, 12:25 AM
Picked this up today, and played the first couple of levels. Pretty sweet so far. I am playing with Niobi. She runs a little funny, but otherwise I am impressed.

AmanaMatt
05-20-2003, 04:31 PM
Hey, thanks for the Neo info; ok, I do not know about all platforms, but from the start this game seemed a tad dark, so yesterday, after posting my comments, I messed around with the visuals - and under the options section, specifically under video, there is a 'automatic gamma setting' that on my xbox was defulted to 'Yes' so I switched that, and low and behold, the picture then jumped out at me, and I could really see the levels - I was on the Tunnel one at the time, after the meeting scene from the movie - WOW, what an improvement.

The background quality, while still marginal in its interactiveness, looks quite a bit better with this off....

Happy hacking....

derek
05-20-2003, 08:49 PM
this might be a dumb question, but does this game have "bullet time" mode, like in MAX PAYNE?

if so, is the bullet time limited, or can you use it at will? does the game take place "outside" the matrix at all?

how would you compair the P.O.V. and controls/character movements of this game to others? is it 3rd person view all the time, or does it switch to 1st person view ever?

thanks,:)

QLD
05-20-2003, 10:19 PM
You can switch from 3rd to first person driving I know....but I am not sure about the fighting stages. I would think 1st person would not be very good in the fighting stages.

You can use the "bullet time" as often as you want, as long as you have some left in your meter, which recharges quickly.

mini-rock
05-20-2003, 10:45 PM
Yeah some of the game does take place outside the atrix, but only towards the end when you're flying the Logos.

As for the P.O.V. I'd pretty much consider it like most games of this type. Just like others of this type you can lock on to a target and move around the room while firing on it till it's dead, but the really cool part is if you run into a wall (say sideways) and if you have "focus" pressed you'll run off the wall to avoid being hit. It's too bad this game wasn't longer b/c I really enjoyed playing it, but still by far one of the coolest (if not the coolest) games I have played.:)

derek
05-20-2003, 11:50 PM
It's too bad this game wasn't longer b/c I really enjoyed playing it, but still by far one of the coolest (if not the coolest) games I have played.

i'm really conflicted about getting this game. you guys love it, but i've read some really bad reviews from users on other sites.:confused:

Anakin2121
05-20-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by derek
i'm really conflicted about getting this game. you guys love it, but i've read some really bad reviews from users on other sites.:confused:

I wouldn't worry about it. Actual friends and acquaintances that saw the Matrix Reloaded (As well as myself) thought it was an outstanding movie, while it received plenty of negative reviews online.

My point: Don't shy away from a game just because some douche bag's opinionated review says it's no good. Instead, find out how the game is for yourself and form your own opinions. :) The hour or so of exclusive DVD-quality footage with the actors, the sheer fun factor of the gameplay, and the outstanding level where Ghost fights his sister, Trinity, alone make the game worth giving a try. If still in doubt, you could always rent it. :D

mini-rock
05-21-2003, 04:27 AM
I'm in total agreement with Anakin2121. Enter the Matrix is a definite owner, no brainer.:D

derek
05-21-2003, 08:30 AM
these reader reviews were what i was referring to:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/enterthematrix/readers.html

what do you guys think of thier opinions?

QLD
05-21-2003, 09:23 AM
derek, are you looking at getting the game on PC or perhaps X-Box or PS2?

The reviews you are looking at are for the PC version, which has received a lot more negative remarks...why I am not sure. I haven't played it, but a lot of the complaints I have heard, such as the mouse/keyboad control, are not an issue on the console versions. I myself own the X-Box version.

Here are a few reviews for the X-Box version.

http://www.gamers.com/game/1297547/

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-21-2003, 11:52 PM
Meh, rent it first Derek. If you like it, buy it, if not, don't. You can listen to our reviews or their reviews, but you won't know until you play it. If you want the PC version, then i dunno what to tell you, borrow it or something...hehehehehehe

My friend found some cheat codes and we "enabled" the one for Multiplayer, but we can't figure out how to access it in the game. I'll let y'all know if i we figure it out! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-22-2003, 02:01 AM
Update: my neighbors who also have the game got the "Multi-player" thing unlocked and running. They're being schmucks and not tellin me how, but i give it a few days before a more detailed way of getting there pops up on the web. They said the had to talk to Morpheus and do all this wacky stuff. Anyway, the multi-player is a two player, one-on-one mode where two characters face off in locations in the movie. I came in late, but i saw Trinity Vs. Niboe, Niobe Vs. Ghost, Agent Smith vs. Morpheus, Janitor vs. Sewing Woman, Ballard vs Sephard (???), and the last level, quite funny, had two cars facing off transformers style, quite funny. The different locations included: the subway, dojo, alley, ballroom, bedroom, pit, and atrium. Good stuff, and i'll post a way to get it once i find out. night! :D

mini-rock
05-22-2003, 02:08 AM
WHAT?!! That sounds awesome!! Oh man, I'm dying to know how they did that.

mrmiller
05-22-2003, 01:24 PM
I loved the Movie, and want to play this game just to see how it fits in the story line. I'm going to wait for some cheat codes so I can rent it and blow through it for the story- I hear that's the best part of the game anyhow. Has anyone made it through yet to confirm if the story line is cool and intricate to the movie?

=MATT=

Anakin2121
05-22-2003, 04:41 PM
Mini-rock and I have both beaten it, and the game definitely makes the movie make more sense. :)

derek
05-22-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Anakin2121
Mini-rock and I have both beaten it, and the game definitely makes the movie make more sense. :)

.........so did the game reveal the creator of the matrix was lying to neo..............???:crazed:

James Boba Fettfield
05-22-2003, 10:04 PM
I have no idea what you guys are talking about with this multiplayer stuff, as I do not have the game, but I'd recommend reading through this here: http://www.gamewinners.com/playstation2/EnterTheMatrix.htm

I'm sure they have most, if not everything revealed for the game.

AmanaMatt
05-23-2003, 01:20 AM
Go to, I believe this is it, www.gamecheats.com to get all the secret stuff on this game.

mini-rock
05-23-2003, 01:43 AM
All the hacking info is poping up on a bunch of different sites now.:)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-23-2003, 02:39 AM
You are correct, MR. It's everywhere i turn now. But i shall remember that for a few brief minutes, i was one of the first few million people to stumble across and "hack" into the matrix. Oh, sweet memories (mike skips off to admire his Matrix figures) :D

mini-rock
05-23-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
You are correct, MR. It's everywhere i turn now. But i shall remember that for a few brief minutes, i was one of the first few million people to stumble across and "hack" into the matrix. Oh, sweet memories (mike skips off to admire his Matrix figures) :D

Yeah, it was only a matter of time. But IMO It doesn't realy matter what site has the info. The fact that you were kind enough to send me the info (b/c I was too stupid to figure it out :crazed:) earlier saved me from doing any house work today. I tell ya there's nothing like sitting on your *** and playing video games all day. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-23-2003, 03:06 AM
lol No problem MR, i meant to unlock it, but i went to class, which got cancelled....then it was between Matrix and nap, and nap won. I'm at home now away from school, and i won't be back till Monday. After i get done with anymore assignments, i plan to start a crap game and just use that to load my multiplayer stuff.

Did everything you tried work alright? any examples/info would be good, as i'm curious. :D

mini-rock
05-23-2003, 04:42 AM
Yeah, everything so far works. I've only used the cheats, multiplayer, and viewed some of the pre-vis art (I think that's what it is). I spent most of the time walking back & forth from my theater room to the webtv following the steps when I got stuck.

When I first played this game I immediately though it was one of, if not the, coolest games I have ever played. And now with all the hacking info it's even better. Well, worth the purchase IMO.:)

QLD
05-24-2003, 12:02 AM
Thanks to being off work today, I finished the game.

Not bad overall. And it does fill some holes in the movie nicely.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-26-2003, 09:50 PM
MR- i tried to continue hacking in, and bust this, i hacked in, did all the stuff and Sparks said he had unlocked it for me. When i got out and checked my game, it wasn't there!! Argh!!!! I'm assuming i did osmething wrong, so we'll see!! so irked!! :mad:

mini-rock
05-26-2003, 10:15 PM
JMG, are you referring to the "multi-player?"

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-26-2003, 10:59 PM
Yeah, i am. I did the whole hacking thing and nada! any ideas?

mini-rock
05-26-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
Yeah, i am. I did the whole hacking thing and nada! any ideas?

OK cool. Go into the hacking section and select cheat. Then type in D5C55D1E and the you should be able to access multiplayer mode when you load your character. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-27-2003, 12:31 AM
MR- actually, i realized that in order for the multiplayer to show up, i needed to have controller #2 plugged in. D'oh!!! I did all that hacking stuff and it was good and i also started a new game and did the regular code and it both worked. The hacking thing was alot of fun though, hella interactive. Now if only i can get past this curse'd Agent copter!! grrr!! Thanks! cheers! :D