PDA

View Full Version : Star Destroyer & Death Star

britcit3
04-25-2003, 01:24 AM
As ever, if this is old news then please forgive me, but the Cargo Bay now has the Death Star & Star Destroyer AF's listed for release later this year.

http://cargobay.starwars.com/webapps/cargobay/browse/351

Looks like those Hasbreens have been rumaging through Galoobs old mould bin again.

BC3

Grif
04-25-2003, 03:57 PM
Hey man this is not old news with me. This is awesome news!

RobertDD
04-28-2003, 10:20 AM
This is great news. Just maybe we can expect those two unproduced podracers sometime, too.

LTBasker
04-28-2003, 04:01 PM
Since they were part of Galoob's work, I know they'll be alot better than what Hasbro has done by itself for the AF line so far, however I'm only disappointed cause I know they're yanking out the figures and features of them. I remember the Star Destroyer was shown with an Imperial Officer and removeable top..

good shot jansen
04-28-2003, 05:24 PM
a firing missle as well :(

we know that the figure is gonna be cut, unfortunately, they'll prolly also do away with the opening top, and firing missle. heavens forbid that some one mistake these display pieces as toys:rolleyes:

RobertDD
04-28-2003, 10:33 PM
I mostly agree with ya, GSJ, but thank god for Hasbro getting rid of the firing missiles!

good shot jansen
04-29-2003, 10:48 AM
i always liked the firing missle feature when used on the action fleet (ok ok, i woulda prefered the t-16 without that rediculous appendage hanging off the bottom), but it's what added playability to what otherwise would have been a dull dull toy (flash speeder fer examp.)

and even though at times the missles may whack a vehicle outta proportion (the gian speeder), it's what made the toy fun to play with.

masons biggest gripe about the republic gunship and the at-te has nothing to do with the details, and smallness of the cockpit that we all moan about, nor does he complain too much about the lack of figures (he has plenty of em, though he'd love a young boba fett) he always syays that he wished that they both had missles to fire during his battles.

LTBasker
04-29-2003, 11:18 AM
I'd have to agree with him, there was nothing stopping them from putting firing missiles in the Gunship. It's like they molded those warheads on the turrets to mock us. :mad:

RobertDD
04-29-2003, 12:55 PM
OK, on the Gian speeder I didn't mind them at all. But on the falcon and the T-16 they are horrible!