PDA

View Full Version : SSG Peace Treaty

keith koth
04-25-2003, 04:25 PM
Let me begin by once again apologizing to everyone who may have been offended by any comment or opposing view I may have ever posted.

Now, with that being said, I think a peace treaty between myself and many other users (including moderators) is long over due. So here are the conditions (feel free to add new conditions, as this treaty is entirely negotiable).

1. I recognize others rights to post their comments and opinions;

2. Others must recognize my rights to post my comments and opinions;

3. If I utilize the QUOTE option in the forums, or if the QUOTE option is used on one of my posts, then I willingly accept and expect a response (e.g., debate) to be made;

4. If a response is made to a quote, and I am offended by the quote, then I may:
A. ignore the upsetting post; or
B. report said post to the appropriate moderator;

5. however, at no time shall I show my displeasure for any such post in a nonconstructive (negative) manner within the public forum;

6. When debating, I will try my best to rationally lay out the reasons for my opposing point of view; however, I will not accept unfounded opinions with no legitimate proof to be tolorated in my threads. (i.e., if you want to debate, then please provid your reasoning for the opinion that you have formed);

7. Be respectful; and

8. Do not let issues from past topics interfere with the current topic unless it is directly related to the current discussion.

If you agree to these terms, or if you would like to negotiate these terms, then please feel free to let your intentions be known (whether you feel like this treaty is directed towards you or not). Otherwise, please do not respond to this thread, as I will consider any negative rhetoric as harassment and will immediately report your SSG rule violation to the proper authorities.

Thank you for your time, and I hope we can all coexist in a friendly environment.

-Keith Koth

Exhaust Port
04-25-2003, 05:47 PM
Hey, we can make up our own rules!

1. When anyone quotes me please only use lower case letters and the color red.

2. The word "chillin' " must be also be used in any post within a thread that I either start or add to.

3. I chose the right to exist on the SSG forums.

4. I also may chose to revoke my own choice.

5. Fridays will be "Pointless Thread" day.

Keith, everything that you rambled on about is just common forum courtesy and doesn't (shouldn't) need to be agreed upon. You seem to be the only one having trouble grasping that concept. Why would the other participants have to agree to just being courtesy when we already do. Plus any rules of conduct would be issued by a Moderator not by you.

Oh, and I guess this will fall under "harassment" of your post and I must be reported. Darn, and my day was going so well.

How can you report me or anyone for that matter. What does your Rule #2 say? I'm sure we all have the same rights here, or did you make up a rule stating otherwise?

Beast
04-25-2003, 07:15 PM
I thought we already had forum rules. So sorry, I follow only one true lawgiver on the forums. And that's the rules that Sir Steverino imblazen on stone tablets so many years ago. You wouldn't have had problems with anyone, if you wouldn't have started them in the first place. So I basically gotta agree with Exhaust Port. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Capitan_Moroni
04-25-2003, 08:03 PM
thats great...I'm gonna go eat mayonaise....

NOW LETS GO CRAZY BROADWAY STYLE!!

Darth Sidious
04-25-2003, 08:28 PM
I don't know about the whole treaty thing, let's just agree to try to get along. Everyone mind you, not just Keith or anyone else in specific. Let's all just be courteous! It is much easier and simpler that way... :)

derek
04-25-2003, 09:25 PM
sir steve already has a set of rules you agreed to when you signed up at this forum.