PDA

View Full Version : Target A-wing with Pilot Boxed Mock-up

SirSteve
04-26-2003, 07:26 PM
Take a look HERE (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=31&show_article=724).

DarthChuckMc
04-26-2003, 07:30 PM
Well that's just darn right perdy. Hopefully these will show up in larger supply than Target's past vehicle exclusives.

Jargo
04-26-2003, 07:56 PM
October? what the hell happened? first December 2002 then May then June now October. These hasbroken clowns wanna make up their minds. And haven't we already seen pics of a prototype box? Only difference with this one is that they used what looks like pretty pink Barbie packaging to rough it all out. Don't get what that box shape is all about though, unless it'll be printed to look like a crate or something. The A-wing as before looks sweet. The pilot is wearing the wrong uniform as he's actually a B-wing pilot and as a b-wing pilot would be wearing a grey flight suit. but let's not let flagrant negligence of detail spoil the fun.

Can't wait.... for the next reschedule of release dates. :rolleyes:

Deoxyribonucleic
04-26-2003, 08:45 PM
First question: Is this the same mold as the 96 A -wing which if I remember correctly was the mold from the vintage A-wing? Just curious. The paint apps look great and the pilot looks pretty good too.

:)

mtriv73
04-26-2003, 08:57 PM
Hopefully Target will take a clue from FAO and the shuttle and allow pre-ordering of these puppies. That way they get just enough to satisfy everyone and nothing is left clogging the shelf.

LTBasker
04-26-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
The pilot is wearing the wrong uniform as he's actually a B-wing pilot and as a b-wing pilot would be wearing a grey flight suit.

Actually the original fig is a Y-wing Pilot, and Ten Numb was the B-wing Pilot, they just got mixed up with their info.

The A-wing Pilots are also green, however he just has the wrong helmet. If they had given him the B-wing helmet then he would be perfectly accurate. The flight vest I think is a little off but oh well, they're pretty similar.

I hope the A-wing looks like that but it's doubtful, it's got some nice weathering and stuff to it, but since key paint detail is always lost in the translation...

Sidiously Darth
04-26-2003, 10:44 PM
I have 2 of the POTF2 versions. I doubt I'll buy one of these, unless I get if for $9.99 like I did on my 2nd B-Wing.:D

TheDarthVader
04-26-2003, 10:45 PM
Looks like the person used a jedi starfighter box (kb exclusive). Is this correct?
Also, since we are talking about A-wings, why did the original vintage A-wing have a "battery" compartment (what feature)? The clowns at hasbro thought it would be cool to add this compartment to the newer potf2 red a-wing but why? It serves no purpose! I guess they just wanted to use the same mold.

jonboy
04-26-2003, 11:22 PM
That looks like the same helmet as the one the suicide A-wing pilot in ROTJ was wearing. The one that flew into the bridge of the Super Star Destroyer. Seems accurate to me.

LTBasker
04-26-2003, 11:36 PM
No, they had more padded helmets instead of the more astronautish Y-Wing helmets. Here's a pic of the A-wing pilot:

RussUAE
04-27-2003, 12:11 AM
Wow, I like the look of this one.

I had originally thought I might skip this one due to the fact that I'm trying to cut back on vehicles and just concentrate on figures. but it does look v v nice, and I don't yet have an A-Wing.

Jedi Law Student
04-27-2003, 04:14 AM
I was going to ask whether that is the same mold as used on the POTF 2 version, but then I checked the Collector's Database. It is the same mold. I guess that's a hard design to improve upon. :)

Jargo
04-27-2003, 07:24 AM
Y'know, I know it's a Y-wing I meant to say, having customised my Arvel Crynyd to pilot one. I have no idea why I said B-wing. That's what comes of staying up past your bedtime I guess. Brain meltdown. Yes he's a Y-wing pilot and as such his vest is different to the A-wing pilot. As shown here, A-wing green, B-wing red, X-wing orange and Y-wing gray.
It looks like Hasbro completely missed the tan colored leg wraps.

As far as the vehicle goes it looks cool. It's an EU color scheme but it looks good. They can even re-release this again with the white and blue production concept color scheme. The toy is fine apart from weak landing gear mechanism and weak canopy opening mechanism. But for scale and detail it holds it's own with the current crop of toys. It's actually my favourite ship of the saga.

I have a feeling this thing will sell out fast. I pre-ordered mine from Forbidden planet international last year. When the schedule was saying a december 2002 release. And I thought the wait for the shuttle was a long one.........

LusiferSam
04-27-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by TheDarthVader
Also, since we are talking about A-wings, why did the original vintage A-wing have a "battery" compartment (what feature)?

The vintage A-wing had a "battery" compartment for batteries. But seriously the feature was for the sound. A lot of the vintage vehicles had a "laser sound" effect. The sound is made by a small motor with a toothed gear running on a thin piece of plastic.

aceguide
04-27-2003, 03:30 PM
This looks like a great vehicle. While not entirely accurate, thank goodness for the pack in pilot. It seems to be increasingly rare that we get the fig with the vehicle. Looking forward to picking this up - whenever it might be released....

Dark Marble
04-28-2003, 08:44 AM
I know I will be picking this one up too. I like the a-wing, and I like the smaller vehicles. My collection of toys is getting to big for At-Ats and shuttles now. But the little guys, bring them on! :)

Sidiously Darth
05-08-2003, 10:36 PM
The website that cannot be named has comparison pics of the Saga A-Wing w/ the POTF2 version. Nice closeups!

For those not in the know, that site is (g a l a c t i c h u n t e r dot com).:D