PDA

View Full Version : It makes me wonder.

Kidhuman
04-27-2003, 10:46 PM
Did you ever sit and ponder some thoughts like

Would we think the new trilogy would be awesome if the OT never had been made?

Late at night I actually do lie awake in my pajamas and think of these things. What are some things you wonder? Type em up and lets discuss them.

Exhaust Port
04-27-2003, 11:34 PM
Or better yet, if the new trilogy came first followe by the OT would the OT be considered as great as it is now?

EricRG
04-27-2003, 11:53 PM
If TPM had come out first, there never would have been an AOTC.

Myself, I often sit up at night and wonder why humans are so stupid.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-28-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by EricRG

Myself, I often sit up at night and wonder why humans are so stupid.

I can't think about that any more or I'll go crazy as 4 out 5 people I meet throughout the day are stupid, especially on the freeway!!! :crazed: :D

I've thought about it and I agree that if TPM was the first movie there would be NO WAY Star Wars would be what it is.

Often I think of the figures coming out and how long it'll take me to get them all and then as I'm going to sleep I end up dreaming of being in a store and finding ALL of the new figures and then seeing all these other new ones that I didn't even know existed (some of them characters not even in the movies, just something my dream made up) and then to top it all off, because in the dream I have NO money, the store put out all of the vintage figures on the pegs too. AAaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh! It's horrible. This happens probably a couple times a year lol :crazed:

darthvyn
04-28-2003, 02:23 AM
sometimes i wonder how bacon can taste so good...

scruffziller
04-28-2003, 07:54 AM
The PT would be nothing with the OT being there first.

Exhaust Port
04-28-2003, 11:17 AM
There is a lot of explainational dialog in the OT that would have been added to the PT. ie Light Sabers, the Force, Jedi. Without that previous knowledge the PT would seem a bit mystical or something. I still think that the PT would be well received even without the OT precurser.

The 'Xir
04-28-2003, 12:32 PM
mmmmmm bacon!

sometimes I wonder...what was I thinking!!!? :crazed:

Then I think of wondering wounderous things, but then I can't remember what I was thinking about so it gets me to wonder what it would have been like! :confused:

Jargo
04-28-2003, 10:19 PM
If Jedi aren't allowed posessions then how come they all have personal lightsabers and starfighters? How come the council has specific chairs for each member? Surely they should all be a generic chair of the one size fits all variety and all lightsabers should be the same and all starfighters should be the same. And Obi wouldn't have ever owned a droid because it would have been forbidden so the line in ANH makes no sense according to the Dialogue in AOTC spouted by padawanakin to spudme.

Why is the outside of the lars homestead so different to the interior? at ground level there should be a pit next to the garage roof that we see from the inside that holds the skyhopper. When we get external shots in AOTC there's no pit whatsoever but there is one attached to the main crater pit but that's too far away to work physically. You cross a gantry across the garage pit from the main complex to the garage itself, daylight floods in from above the gantry and skyhopper indicating a large opening in the ground not an underground cave. It's a glaring mistake made in two movies. Why? They have set plans matching the Tunisian locations surely in 25 years someone would have noticed. especially when they had to replicate the set for the garage. and the set in the desert of the hmestead exterior.

This bothers me enormously. It is a question without answer.

Flies. Why?

Why do people build skyscraper office towers and not subterranean office columns? If they built underground they could preserve more open spaces at ground level and help to sustain the planet.

Why do they never sew up belly buttons properly at birth so your stomach is all flat and unblemished by a horrible scar?

Why do we grow toe and fingernails?

How are you supposed to see your ear hairs to trim them?

Kidhuman
04-28-2003, 10:38 PM
Why do we park in a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Where does the wind originate from?

Tonysmo
04-29-2003, 02:21 AM
I really never ponder the thought.. but sometimes Ill sit for hours just concentrating on an object... trying to make it move...

I have the power of the force.. Ive used it before... just cant seem to make it work when I want it too.

I do ponder coffee... and what makes it special.. I mean. its beans. and water. water, that is run over crushed beans.. What if they tried that with other beans.. they mustve... right? Lima beans n water.. mmmm no.. baked beans n water... nope..

and then SPAM. not the email crude, but the "meat". What in sam hell is that stuff that covers it? its like ectoplasim. I have found that if I run out of the thermal grease to use on my CPU I can always use that stuff..

Dialogus
04-29-2003, 02:38 AM
Who's God?

Who's dog?

Patient Zero
04-29-2003, 06:37 AM
So I was watching The Matrix last night and I was wondering two things.

1. If most every human is 'loaded' into the matrix for the sake of using them as an energy source, what about all other animals? Wouldn't you get much more energy from larger animals? So is there an animal farm somewhere or are all other animals in the matrix merely programing that do not have an origin in the real world?

And....

2. If people are not physically having intercourse then how do the computers decide how becomes pregnant in the real world? And do the computers bother to get sperm from the actual partner or what?

Tonysmo
04-29-2003, 06:59 AM
in the words of Neo... "whoa..."

scruffziller
04-29-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
The PT would be nothing with the OT being there first.

Actually I meant to say that the PT would be nothing without the OT being there first. If the prequels were made and shown first, they would not hold up as well. What makes the prequels what they are is the fact that most people are taking them in with the OT in mind as a reference. Thus one of the downfall of prequels that are not SW. I have said this before. With other stories making prequel stories is really irrelevant and they make the prequel story more interesting than it is suppose to be so it will hold up well as a medium. Because the original story that we know is where the exitement is at and that is why we start with it, not the story/history before it because it wasn't that important, because if it was, then we would start with that one.
And technically, the PT is not really a PT. We knew the basic premise going into the OT somewhat, they just had not made any movies about it yet.;)

InsaneJediGirl
04-29-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
If Jedi aren't allowed posessions then how come they all have personal lightsabers and starfighters? How come the council has specific chairs for each member? Surely they should all be a generic chair of the one size fits all variety and all lightsabers should be the same and all starfighters should be the same. And Obi wouldn't have ever owned a droid because it would have been forbidden so the line in ANH makes no sense according to the Dialogue in AOTC spouted by padawanakin to spudme.

Techincally,Obi-Wan never owned a droid.The Starfighter and droid unit belong to the Jedi Temple,not to Obi-Wan personally.:)As for the other comments,like the lightsaber,I have no idea:crazed:

Sometimes I ponder dust bunnies.How did that many get under my bed?Will they murder me?Do they eat dust carrots?

Kidhuman
04-29-2003, 09:42 AM
What would happen if someone pulled the Earths emergency brake and stopped us from rotating?

bobafrett
04-29-2003, 10:13 AM
Well, if George had made the PT before the OT, then the PT would be the OT and visa versa. Just think, then Hayden might be in the role of Luke Skywalker, and Mark Hamill might have been cast in Haydens role as Anakin. NO, I don't want to think about that. Oh, and The PT would have a Special Edition where Lucas could add more crappy dialogue. No, I think I'll take the movies that I grew up loving and be glad that they were released just in the order that they were.

Jargo
04-29-2003, 09:28 PM
and it makes me wonder.......

"There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven
And when she gets there she knows if the stores are closed
With a word she can get what she came for

Woe oh oh oh oh oh

There's a sign on the wall but she wants to be sure
And you know sometimes words have two meanings
In the tree by the brook there's a songbird who sings
Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven

Woe oh oh oh oh oh

There's a feeling I get when I look to the west
And my spirit is crying for leaving
In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees
And the voices of those who stand looking

Woe oh oh oh oh oh

And it's whispered that soon, if we all call the tune
Then the piper will lead us to reason
And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
And the forest will echo with laughter

And it makes me wonder

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow
Don't be alarmed now
It's just a spring clean for the May Queen

Yes there are two paths you can go by
but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on

Your head is humming and it won't go because you don't know
The piper's calling you to join him
Dear lady can't you hear the wind blow and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind

And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our souls
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
Woe oh oh oh oh oh

There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
And when she gets there she knows if the stores are closed
With a word she can get what she came for

And she's buying a stairway to heaven, uh uh uh. "

Ummmmmm, wonder why this damn song is being murdered by some bloody amateur guitarist every time my brother drags me with him to the music shop to buy his drumsticks or replacement drum skins. I thought music shops banned Stairway to heaven from being played? Damn you Robert Plant and jimmy Page!!! Damn you to hell!!!

LTBasker
04-29-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
What would happen if someone pulled the Earths emergency brake and stopped us from rotating?

We'd be forever in a loop of Kit-Kat bar jokes..

I wonder why "because" isn't the official answer to "why"?

Kidhuman
04-29-2003, 11:20 PM
Jargo, I swear I was thinking of the last verse a few hours ago, the whole .....it makes me wonder line.

Kidhuman
05-01-2003, 09:46 PM
You know, I was watching friends and couldn't help but wonder why no one, but no one sits on the couch in the coffe shop but them?

bobafrett
05-02-2003, 12:31 AM
Jargo, is that word for word the lyrics to "Stairway to Heaven"? If so, I've been singing some wrong words because I couldn't hear the right ones.

Jargo
05-02-2003, 08:48 AM
I did a search and came up with a site that was just the lyrics to that one song. Someone must really like it. I don't know how accurate the lyrics are. They probably copied it from sheet music or the vinyl album sleeve or something. Not being a fan I never pay much attention to the lyrics, just enough to make it from the chair to the radio to change channels whenever it's played. I probably only ever hear as far as 'if there's a bustle in your hedgerow' Now if anyone has the lyrics to Bohemian rhapsody that will stop me getting stuck halfway singing it in the shower......

2-1B
05-02-2003, 09:45 AM
I thought music shops banned Stairway to heaven from being played?

Hey, it worked in the Wayne's World movie. :crazed:

Now if anyone has the lyrics to Bohemian rhapsody

Is this the real life-
Is this just fantasy-
Caught in a landslide-
No escape from reality-
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see-
I'm just a poor boy,I need no sympathy-
Because I'm easy come,easy go,
A little high,little low,
Anyway the wind blows,doesn't really matter to me,
To me

Mama,just killed a man,
Put a gun against his head,
Pulled my trigger,now he's dead,
Mama,life had just begun,
But now I've gone and thrown it all away-
Mama ooo,
Didn't mean to make you cry-
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow-
Carry on,carry on,as if nothing really matters-

Too late,my time has come,
Sends shivers down my spine-
Body's aching all the time,
Goodbye everybody-I've got to go-
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth-
Mama ooo- (any way the wind blows)
I don't want to die,
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all-

I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche,scaramouche will you do the Fandango-
Thunderbolt and lightning-very very frightening me-
Galileo,Galileo,
Galileo Galileo
Galileo figaro-Magnifico-
But I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me-
He's just a poor boy from a poor family-
Spare him his life from this monstrosity-
Easy come easy go-,will you let me go-
Bismillah! No-,we will not let you go-let him go-
Bismillah! We will not let you go-let him go
Bismillah! We will not let you go-let me go
Will not let you go-let me go
Will not let you go let me go
No,no,no,no,no,no,no-
Mama mia,mama mia,mama mia let me go-
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me,for me,for me-

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye-
So you think you can love me and leave me to die-
Oh baby-Can't do this to me baby-
Just gotta get out-just gotta get right outta here-

Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters-,nothing really matters to me,

Any way the wind blows....

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Patient Zero
05-02-2003, 11:25 AM
I just keep wondering what the hell the difference is between General Discussion and Other. I think that it is just a big plot to seperate us. A George divided against itself can not stand!

Jargo
05-02-2003, 05:51 PM
Why are there no peas named green peas? we have green beans but no green peas. And yet all types of peas are green. Garden peas, petit pois, marrowfat peas, mushy peas, dried peas, frozen peas but not one green pea. And even more strangely the color green or certain shades of it are referred to as pea green. Pea green is even referred to in the famous poem 'the owl and the p.u.s.s.y.cat' Now that does make me wonder.

EricRG
05-02-2003, 06:57 PM
I often wonder about the awesome power of duct tape (APDT), and long it would be before society fell apart without it.

JediElf
05-20-2003, 06:33 PM
I wonder why we grow wisdom teeth but some of us get them pulled because they don't fit in our mouths. Why would the boyd make them then?

Jargo
05-20-2003, 06:37 PM
I once knew the answer to that question but had it surgically extracted because it didn't fit in my head...

DarthChuckMc
05-20-2003, 06:45 PM
Where do farts go?

Are robots stealing my luggage?

Did I make a bad decision buying a 32 story...one bedroom apartment?