PDA

View Full Version : Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight thoughts

Darth Trymybestus
04-29-2003, 06:23 PM
Ok, I was looking at my POTF2 Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight figure and I think it's awesome, I think it's better than I thought to be honest. (I hadn't looked at it for ages!)
Who agrees that this figure is awesome? Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to the 2004 version but the one we have now is very cool still.

I'm also very impatient to see detailed piccys of Luke Skywalker - Throne Room Duel, I have this figure on pre-order but I wanna see more detailed pictures.
Does anyone have any idea when we'll see detailed pictures?!
Personally, I think it goes together with Darth Vader - Throne Room Duel perfectly. Do you think Darth will have a removeable hand?

Am I rambling? :stupid:

Jargo
04-29-2003, 07:17 PM
Are you talking about girly high heels Luke Skywalker jedi knight with hard plastic robe? I'm not a fan myself. I think they've yet to make one decent figure of luke Jedi. I think the upcoming one is absolutely terrible. You couldn't get a face sculpt less like Mark hamill aside from all the other bad luke sculpts. I don't even think they try to get it right. I realise the skill and time it takes to sculpt something accurate in such a small scale but if they can get a head sculpt of Ahmed best and Tony Daniels so spot on then they can do any of the other human actors too.
Seriously there are two main human characters i would expect to see done well every time because the whole saga is about Anakin and Luke. Neither character or the actors that play them has ever been sculpted accurately. The two main characters and all sculpts of them are poo. This has become even more glaringly obvious to me since getting my eyeglasses which correct an eye defect and now i see things sharply and clearly i notice how slapdash the head sculpts for Anakin and Luke are. I can forgive the sculptors for not getting the bodies right or absolutely accurate. Close is good enough, but the faces should be spot on and they aint. So this is one collector who won't be bothering with anymore of these two characters until there's a sculpt that satisfies.
And by the looks of the designs for the Jabbas palace Luke for 2004 that could be a long wait. If they sculpt from the design then - I just shudder to think of the horribleness.

Darth Trymybestus
04-29-2003, 08:10 PM
Yeah, the girly high heels Luke Jedi with the plastic robe :D You're right though, Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight has not been done enough!
Are you not optimistic about the 2004 Jedi Luke? I am to be honest... although call me weird, I think it sucks that it looks like he won't be able to hold the lightsaber with the right hand. :)

You gonna get the upcoming Luke Skywalker throne room duel?
What do you think of the upcoming Darth "Daddy Dearest" Vader throne room duel? :)

Darthvader7677
04-29-2003, 08:46 PM
Well I think the figure was cool at the time and is still. And it has been way to long sense they have had a new jedi luke. I mean how many tatooine luke's have been made since POTF, (too many if you ask me) So it is nice to see hasbro finally making a new one. But I have to admit the Movie Edition Jedi Luke is still awesome. Maybe cause not everyone has one.

Jargo
04-29-2003, 09:21 PM
Not forgetting that the new luke jedi is action featured. Even if the sculpt had been great I wouldn't buy it because it's got a button in his back. To be honest, the face on the new luke reminds me too much of the Hulk and I would hazard a guess that the sculptor is a Hulk fan, I mean the way the eyebrows are drawn together and his grimacing mouth, the way the hair is sculpted. Everything about that head sculpt screams GREEN HULK SMASH!
The accompanying Vader has the potential to be really good looking or so lame it's unreal. I wasn't that impressed with the hardcopy paintjob so i don't hold out much hope for the production version. However if the head on vader looks good i'll buy one and keep the head but throw away the body. Got no use for figures with action features and capes all blowin' in the wind.

What I'd like to see is a Jedi Luke captive with binders on his hands, a saber hilt and an ignited one piece saber as accessories. His hands being in binders means he'd be perfectly poised for two handed saber weilding if you took the binders off. The face would be passive but sculpted to look exactly like Mark Hamill - a first for Luke Skywalker toys. His articulation would be key and I see fourteen points being good to go. Ball jointed shoulders, elbows, wrists. Neck ball jointed, waist ball jointed, hips, knees and ankles. Seems like a lot to cram into one little figure but if you want a fighting Jedi Luke that's how I see it.

Anything less just isn't worth the bother.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-29-2003, 09:34 PM
There have been a few:
*Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker with Lightsaber and Cloak - 1996
*Complete Galaxy Tatooine with Luke Skywalker with Lightsaber - 1998
*Rancor with Luke Skywalker with Bone - 1998
*Tatooine Skiff with Luke Skywalker with Lightsaber and Damaged Hand - 2000
*Luke Skywalker (Throne Room Duel) with Lightsaber and Balcony - 2003
*Luke Skywalker (Jabba's Palace) with Lightsaber, Blaster and Cloak

The ones from 1998-2000 are basically the exact same Luke figure, only with different accessories or paint jobs (ie battle damaged hand). Then there are the Speeder Bike and Coin Collection ones, with the Endor Ponchos, but also molded-on helmets.
The first one doesn't really stand the test of time, IMO. Goofy-lookin' and light-in-the-loafers, somewhat. Th 1998-2000 ones are okay, good for Skiff battles and whatnot. The 2003 one is pretty cool, but we still need a calm Luke in those threads. The Jabba's Palace is amazing! I can't wait!!!!!!!

Darth Trymybestus
04-29-2003, 10:21 PM
I agree that there have been a few but seeing as he's the main character in the old trilogy and his Jedi Gear is his coolest outfit, I'm surprised that we haven't had more of him you know.
Hell I had to resort to ebay (I got a great deal though) to get Luke Skywalker POTF2 green card Jedi Knight.

I'm really excited about the 2004 one, I guess the 2003 one is great for me, I just display my figures and he'll look cool I guess cause he can hold the lightsaber in 2 hands but I guess he can't be used for any scenes other than the end part.

I wonder how they'll pull the cloak off on the 2004 Jabba's Palace one cause they way they have it in the sketches looks PERFECT, but how will it look when it's actually made?

You gonna get the new Vader jargo?

TheDarthVader
04-29-2003, 10:29 PM
They need to do a soft goods cape for the jabba's palace luke. They also need to do a soft goods cape for Darth Vader and KEEP IT THAT WAY. I am tired of these hard plastic cloaks. JEEZ! It drives me crazy. ;) This is one reason why I am a big fan of the commtech chip vader. Finally, a soft goods cape. The soft goods capes are the best IMO. I would have one over hard plastic any day. They also need to do a jawa with soft goods cloak.

Darth Trymybestus
04-29-2003, 10:32 PM
I agree with you about soft goods cloaks, when they are done well they're awesome! when they're done bad, they're done bad! Look at Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter pilot! :D
I wonder if it will be a soft goods cloak on the 2004 Jabba's Palace Luke, I think it might be something like the Padme Amidala Droid Factory chase, I think it'll be done that way.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-29-2003, 10:49 PM
Ugh! That figure makes me shudder! Seriously though, it was WAY cool at the time it came out but now I look at it and how HUGE his chest is and how he doesn't stand very well and as Jargo pointed out, those girlie Jedi Stillettos...I don't like him anymore and eagerly await the new ones. I'm excited to see what the Jabba's Palace Luke will look like, especially face wise. My favorite Jedi Luke to date is the one that came with the Rancor as his body is toned down and not looking like Awnold S.

Those are my thoughts. :cool: :zzz:

Jerjerrod
04-29-2003, 10:53 PM
I actually look forward to both of the new ones, Throne Room Duel and Jabba's Palace. They both look much better than the previous ones.

Kidhuman
04-29-2003, 10:55 PM
Well I for one want a new Luke Jedi. It should have a soft goods cape similar to POTJ's Lando Bespin escape. I think the soft capes look better and are alot easier to deal with. The hard plastic ones are annoying to get on and off.

As far as Luke goes, can someone repost a pic please. JJB perhaps, I know you got pics galore and know what threads they have been in too.

QLD
04-30-2003, 03:39 AM
I was pretty stoked to get the old Jedi Luke at the time.....I still like the figure, but I would like a better one as well.

And MORE LANDO!!!!!!!!!!

aceguide
04-30-2003, 11:29 AM
I am looking forward to both new Luke sculpts. I never had the POTF Jedi Luke - so I cannot comment. I do remember my vintage one with find memories. It was not a bad figure - and had the cool blaster!

RussUAE
05-01-2003, 07:52 AM
I hadn't realised they'd announced a Jabba's Palace Luke too. That is very good news. It it scheduled to eb an action-feature figure too?

Jargo
05-01-2003, 04:36 PM
No the action features are dead after the Luke Jedi throne room duel figure wave. So by the time Jabba's palace Luke Jedi comes around he'll be just a plain old action figure. Hopefully. I suppose they could still screw it up somehow with a bad head sculpt or something. The sketch makes him look really short and I reckon the face reminds me of someone, an American actor seen often in made for TV movies but I just can't think of the name. Looks nothing like Mark Hamill though yet again.

Kidhuman
05-01-2003, 06:41 PM
Thanks for posting the picture Jargo. It looks like the jabba's Palace Luke will most likely have a soft cape/cloak. I am only saying that because the hood is down in the pic.

TheDarthVader
05-01-2003, 08:01 PM
I don't see how they would make that figure without a soft goods cloak. Yes! ;) Finally, it looks like it has potential to be the best jedi luke figure made! I am excited about this figure.

Darth Trymybestus
05-01-2003, 09:05 PM
To be honest, I think it'll be sculpted like Padme Amidala's cloak on the droid factory escape figure, I think the hood will be molded down.
It's gonna be plastic, it's EXACTLY from the scene where Luke says "nevertheless, I am taking Captain Solo and his friends... " Yes, Hasbro is THAT scene specific. :)

Speaking of Jedi Luke, I just ordered the Final Jedi Duel Cinema Scene, thoughts of the Jedi Luke in that???

Bobajames
05-02-2003, 12:02 AM
i have a thought... ugh.
i know many people disagree, but i hated that one. Mainly because it is a cinema scene and not supposed to be articulated and such, but it just doesn't move well. The only way you can possibly display it is if he is in that scene and when i try to get him in a different pose, the lightsaber falls out of his hands. I don't like that one at all. I am however looking forward to the new one (in hopes the face isn't actually THAT bad). new pictures could show it to be better..... maybe :)

rherk
05-02-2003, 07:28 PM
The 1996 POTF Jedi Luke was not that bad. The biggest problem was the cloak was black.

The Final duel Luke coming out looks terrible.

The 2004 Jabbas palace brings high hopes. However, a soft goods cloak would be a dissapointment. Soft goods have prooven to me to be undisplayable. The soft plastic is the way to go. I just hope they get it the right color this time.

Jargo
05-02-2003, 07:44 PM
The trouble with doing black cloth costumes in plastic is that cloth has it's own light refraction and absobtion properties, whereas plastic has a lot more reflective properties. Luke's cloak is actually black cloth but because of the texture which is broad weave it reflects light strangely. Not to mention the lighting in jabba's palace was either blue or amber. So his cloak is lit with strong colors that make it appear a different color, most notably a sort of bluey dark gray. If hasbro were to do the cloak in very dark gray plastic and use a paint application whereby they paint on black and wipe off most of it leaving the black in the grooves of the weave texture it'd probably look more realistic than simply making it plain black. But when i say dark gray i mean dark gray. And it will undoubtedly be a soft molded plastic. They've only tended to do soft goods where the hood is up and the design shows that they intend it to be down. With an opening wide enough to get it over the figures head and remove it for Rancor pit or Skiff action.

Kidhuman
05-02-2003, 11:39 PM
You are right about the light thing Jargo. I didn't think of that. Either way I just hope it isn't a hard cape/ cloak.

Bobajames
05-04-2003, 11:09 PM
you guys, look at this pic from entertainment earth... doesn't look so awful from this angle

Jargo
05-04-2003, 11:14 PM
Aha, but......

Bobajames
05-04-2003, 11:18 PM
aha... oh nevermind you got me there

Deoxyribonucleic
05-05-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Aha, but......

Now that's down right scary! Like a 50's Sci-fi/Horror flick....

IT CAME FROM BELOW!!!

or more up to date C.H.U.D.

:stupid:

rherk
05-05-2003, 11:38 AM
The trouble with doing black cloth costumes in plastic is that cloth has it's own light refraction and absobtion properties, whereas plastic has a lot more reflective properties. Luke's cloak is actually black cloth but because of the texture which is broad weave it reflects light strangely. Not to mention the lighting in jabba's palace was either blue or amber. So his cloak is lit with strong colors that make it appear a different color, most notably a sort of bluey dark gray. If hasbro were to do the cloak in very dark gray plastic and use a paint application whereby they paint on black and wipe off most of it leaving the black in the grooves of the weave texture it'd probably look more realistic than simply making it plain black. But when i say dark gray i mean dark gray. And it will undoubtedly be a soft molded plastic. They've only tended to do soft goods where the hood is up and the design shows that they intend it to be down. With an opening wide enough to get it over the figures head and remove it for Rancor pit or Skiff action.

rherk
05-05-2003, 11:40 AM
"Not to mention the lighting in jabba's palace was either blue or amber. So his cloak is lit with strong colors that make it appear a different color, most notably a sort of bluey dark gray. "

I could have sworn when I saw the costume on display at a museum the cloak was clearly brown. Hmm

JEDIpartner
05-05-2003, 12:05 PM
Luke's nose... what is UP with that? It looks like they stuck a potato on his face!!! Geez!!!

Bobajames
05-05-2003, 04:17 PM
may look good with a head swap.... POTF2 Luke bespin's head?

I am Jabba the Hutt
05-05-2003, 07:25 PM
Maybe a head swap with Luke Skywalker from the Final Jedi Duel Cinema Scene?
That to me is the most accurate head from any Luke.

I know a lot of people aren't too pleased about the upcoming Luke Jedi, how about the Vader, who's excited about that? :)

Jargo
05-06-2003, 09:47 AM
It depends on the final product. The head looks okay but the body is trash IMO. Swapping the head onto a different vader will work for me. I'll just wait for the thing to hit clearance. pick it up for buttons and discard the body and that stupid billowing cloak.
other than its head I can't really say I'm that excited about its existence. I think this the Luke and the Palpatine are truly awful figures. Mini McFarlane isn't the way I want to see the star wars figures line to go. Backpeddle hasbroken boys, backpeddle.

mm74md
05-06-2003, 12:52 PM
I've said it in another thread & I'll say it again, I like it! And I'll bet when I buy & it open it...I'll LOVE IT!

Jargo
05-06-2003, 05:21 PM
I just went through all the books i have and i have to retract my earlier assertion that luke's cloak is black. I accept the thought that it's brown but dismiss it. I think the exhibit was probably lit by filament bulb which gives a yellow glow similar to the amber lighting of the palace scene. In my humble opinion the cloak is charcoal gray. Cloth is a funny thing to color. it depends on what thread is used and what density as to how the color dyes take. I believe that Luke's costume is basically black with a different fabric tabard that catches the light in certain ways that make it appear lighter in color to his main costume. Yet in the Dagobah scenes he's still wearing the same costume but it all appears black because there's an absense of amber lighting like they used in the palace set. Ergo the amber lighting makes the heavier textured fabrics appear lighter in color than the main costume wheras the blue lighting used in the palace but more so in the dagobah scenes is absorbed by the cloth not reflected. So therefore with luke's cloak being made from a heavier textured cloth than his main costume but not so heavily textured as his tabard the cloak appears to take on a reddish brown tint in amber light but is in fact charcoal gray. I say this because they chose the different cvloths obviously to stand out against each other so his costume didn't all blend into one big black smudge. Much in the same way Palpatines outer cloak is heavily textured and his inner robes are more velvety. It adds shape and clarity to the costume, lines are better delineated. So I say it's charcoal gray.
I also add that there is no true black where pigment dyes are concerned. Black dyed cloth or thread is either intense red, yellow or blue. Wash a black item of clothing into submission and it starts to fade into either reddish gray, yellowish/greenish gray or blueish gray. Charcoal gray thread will often have red threads spun into it to add depth to the color. If that was the case with the thread used to make the cloth for the cloak then that would account for a slight reddish tint too. I know this because as a student I took textile studies and fashion design. Failing the exams but retaining some of the stuff I learned.
I add a pic I scanned from the action figure archive book by Steve Sansweet and Josh Ling. I played around with the contrast levels to bring out the foreground more and the cloak looks charcoal gray. Not brown and not black.

JangoFart
05-06-2003, 05:35 PM
Well, in that pic it looks dark brown. However, my thoughts were that Luke's entire outfit was supposed to be leaning more and more toward a Vader-esque look. I read that's why he had a grey outfit in ESB and a black-ish outfit in ROTJ. (Don't recall where I read that, but I read it. Perhaps in the Insider when they were talking about Anakin's new look for EP2 and how it correlated to Luke's outfit changes.)

But, yes, I agree the outfit was neither black nor brown. I'll go with charcoal grey; although that pic is not the best one to use to put forth that argument. Of course, if I'm as color blind as my wife accuses me of, what the heck do I know? :)

J

plasticfetish
05-06-2003, 06:37 PM
Not brown and not black.
On the monitor I'm using right now, it looks to be brown ... I'd say it's a heavy wool (?) so it appears to have black flecks. In contrast to what's beneath it, it doesn't look black. The cloak is closer to his hair color in that photo than the shirt it's covering.

I hope they do a soft cloth cloak ... and use a decent fabric. Not some scrap off an old polyester dinner napkin like they glued on the Interrogation Droid Vader.

I am Jabba the Hutt
05-06-2003, 09:48 PM
Swapping the head onto a different vader will work for me. I'll just wait for the thing to hit clearance. pick it up for buttons and discard the body and that stupid billowing cloak.

Which body would you use? Oh and what did you think of the Bespin Duel Darth Vader?

Jargo
05-06-2003, 11:05 PM
I currently have Bespin vader in my Death star hangar escorting Palpy but I don't like him at all. It's just that he's the right height. I can't get along with the half finished look of his detailing. He seems rushed and scratchy and his cape is too small. Not to mention the offending action feature. The helmet is nice though and he has nice boots.....
I prefer my Commtech vader over all the other ones. But he's short and skinny so he stands next to palpy, who's on his throne, on a shelf of their own.
I'm waiting for a nice tall neutral vader with good articulation and a cape that's not wind blown or over sculpted. Cloth cape would be cool with a cloth inner robe skirt too.

As for which body would I shove the head on, probably Dagobah spirit vader. Perhaps again a tad small but it's nicely made, neutral and once repainted black it'll look pretty darned cool. And as I happen to already have a spare.... :)

One question, why on earth would luke have a brown cloak? He chose black for his jedi garb so he'd choose black or dark gray for his cloak. He's mimmicking vader because he's father obsessed here. It's a freudian thing. He's not likely to go making a brown cloak. He's a powerful jedi like his father before him and needs no protection travelling the jundland wastes alone now. He doesn't need to blend into the background he wants to stand out just like his father did. He chose black and gray for his jedi apparel. That I feel fairly sure of. And, if it was brown then why did hasbro make it black for the POTF2 Luke Jedi? because they were correcting their earlier mistake with the vintage version? I'd say so. Opinion only, not starting a war.

I am Jabba the Hutt
05-06-2003, 11:15 PM
Yeah, you're right about the action feature, it ruins the figure cause you have to pretty much take the cloak off.
Do you not have him in a diorama with Luke Bespin?

Which Palpatine do you have in your diorama? I love the POTF2 one, you gonna get the new Emperor Palpatine?

Oh and about Luke, I totally agree with you, his gear is all black and his cloak is a black/dark grey.
I think the all black outfit looks so much better, the black and brown variation sucks.

plasticfetish
05-06-2003, 11:47 PM
why on earth would luke have a brown cloak?
Because brown is the new black?

rherk
05-07-2003, 08:18 AM
Again, I saw it with my very own eyes and it appeared very brown. I understand that different materials and different textures can give the illusion of a slightly different color but when looking at something an inch away from your eyes, I don't care what it's made of. It was very obvious to be a brown colored material. Did anyone else see it on display that can confirm it's color?

Jargo
05-08-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by I am Jabba the Hutt
Yeah, you're right about the action feature, it ruins the figure cause you have to pretty much take the cloak off.
Do you not have him in a diorama with Luke Bespin?

Which Palpatine do you have in your diorama? I love the POTF2 one, you gonna get the new Emperor Palpatine?

Oh and about Luke, I totally agree with you, his gear is all black and his cloak is a black/dark grey.
I think the all black outfit looks so much better, the black and brown variation sucks.
Luke Bespin is in my Bespin area but currently just sits on top of the busted up Threepio between takes kind of thing. I have no use for luke right now.
I'm using POTF2 Palpatine with the walking cane. His face is a litle yellow but I prefer it to the new version. The new version is too unfinished looking. There's too much hood for the face and the arms are too skinny and he just seems all out of proportion. I also don't need an Emperor with sith lightning so don't need one with outstretched hands and flexed fingers. All I need my Emperor to do is look regal and Imperious. And old man like.

As to the color of Luke's cloak. I see it charcoal, you see it brown, you see it black you see it gray. All that matters is that hasbroken get the source photos from the LFL costume continuity archives and get the color right. :)

I am Jabba the Hutt
05-08-2003, 06:47 PM
I agree, that POTF2 Palpatine is probably the best. The new one though, it's listed as "Darth Sidious" but it's actually Emperor Palpatine. I would have liked a new prequels Darth Sidious actually.
I love the Episode I Darth Sidious... the hologram still eludes me grrr!!

Which Han Solo Hoth are you gonna get then Jargo? :)

Jargo
05-08-2003, 07:07 PM
Well, that's a toughie. He's got an action feature. Curses to that. If i buy one it'll be later in the year when the brown version comes out and i'll wait until the prices are reasonable so I won't go for a pre-release that's for sure. But now that I finally have the Han and tauntaun set and there's a split belly tauntaun coming i might just buy the new Hoth Han for that reason, to set up a mini scene of han spilling the guts of the dead beast. Might be cool to do, make some guts for the belly, build a fake snow mound, set the tauntaun in the snow and Luke lying half buried nearby. Han struggling against the elements to cut open the animal and save his friend from death.... or not :evil: I might pose Han flipping a coin. :p

TheDarthVader
05-09-2003, 01:09 PM
I agree with EJ when he says we need a Vader with a neutral stance, a lot of articulation, cape and robe skirt cape, and the capes need to be CLOTH. I also think that the Jedi Luke should have soft goods. Hasbro can't go wrong using soft goods. I love them! The best Vader is the commtech Vader. He has a cloth cape. Now we need one with a cloth robe skirt cape too! :)

rherk
05-09-2003, 01:16 PM
Forget about the cloth capes. They look cheap and ar far less presentable then the sculpted capes. Cloth never flows right and looks like it was cut from an old sock. Please stick with plastic on the Luke jedi knight. It has to be perfect and cloth will completely detract from the look.

Jargo
05-11-2003, 05:24 PM
Well if they sculpt a plastic cape all blowin in the wind I'll chew off my own legs and find the culprits and beat them to death with my bloody stumps. There is no wind in the palace, not even a breeze so there is no need for luke to have a wind blown over sculpted 'dynamic' cape. in the movie it just hangs. In the photos Hasbro will undoubtedly use for reference it just hangs. so a sculpted cape should just hang there limply - like cloth does.
Cloth capes on figures don't work because it's human scale cloth. When they can get mice to weave scale cloth for four inch action figures that looks right and hangs right then cloth capes will work. Until then unfortunately plastic is the best option. Soft plastic obviously.

I am Jabba the Hutt
05-11-2003, 08:42 PM
I think you're right Jargo, we don't need a Luke Skywalker cape blowing in the wind, I think they'll do it as the prototype shows... I hope!
I mean, the last Jabba's Palace Luke that we got, the POTF2 one, that has the perfect cape, well as perfect as an action figure's cape.
But.. why do all the Darth Vader figures have the cape blowing in the wind? I mean, obviously Darth Vader the Bespin Duel is accurate but the new Darth Vader Throne Room Duel seems to have a cape blowing in the would.

Jargo
05-12-2003, 07:41 AM
Could be to represent the moment he chucks the Emperor down the chute and the winds of hell blow fast and furious all around him. Or the point where he takes a tumble down the steps of the throne room. There are a couple of times in the duel where his cape blows around but I just don't think it works on the action figure scale. Fine for unleashed but you need something more general in action figures. A little movement in there perhaps, like the slightst breeze ruffled the cape but not a billowing gale force wind. You can't exactly use this Vader for the Emperors arrival or aboard the Executor or on the tantive IV or interrogating Leia. You can only use this figure for one specific moment. Hardly a lot of play in that is there?

I am Jabba the Hutt
05-13-2003, 08:58 PM
Check how the Evolution of Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight in the figures and you'll clearly see that Hasbro has improved and the upcoming two Luke Jedi's are damn cool! (http://www.thebothanspy.com/~bothanusers/barada/figevl/lukejedi.htm)

gibbspaulus
05-14-2003, 09:36 AM
I have no use for luke right now.

I think maybe someone is getting too Vader obsessed here....

:p

plasticfetish
06-07-2003, 01:22 AM
Hey! Look what thread I'm bringing back from the dead.
(Sure beats complaining about Hasbro for a few minutes.)

I just went through all the books i have and i have to retract my earlier assertion that luke's cloak is black. I accept the thought that it's brown but dismiss it. I think the exhibit was probably lit by filament bulb which gives a yellow glow similar to the amber lighting of the palace scene. In my humble opinion the cloak is charcoal gray.
I just dug up my ROTJ "Collectors" magazine thing that I've had for 20 years and the photos inside do NOT look brown at all. I'd say charcoal grey and maybe a shaggy black that looks grey. The pics where it could look a little brown are HEAVILY filtered, so that everything in the shot looks brown and blue. So, I think Jargo's right and that's that.

Well, there. Now back to the other stuff ...
"Damn Hasblo!
I aint got no figures or nothin' and I'm gonna go crazy and buy'em off the eBay for a million dollars.
Aaaaarg!"

Dark Lord Kakorotto
06-09-2003, 05:19 PM
they have nailed every characters' face scuplt except for luke skywalker the frickin main man in the OT. Chris lee's figure is a spot on match along with leia's and han's potj figures. sure there is nice sculpt of luke as a pilot and on bespin but not one of what everyone really wants...a jedi luke i hope the jabba palace is everything i hope it to be

rherk
06-09-2003, 06:26 PM
I hope we are all talking about the same thing here. The vest is like a charcoal grey. However, his cloak is brown.

LightsaberHandle
06-11-2003, 01:40 AM
In my opinion, the new throne room duel Luke looks like the best sculpt yet of that figure. The "angry hulk look" aside, the costume detailing looks great right down to the belt buckle. The articulation doesn't seem to be obtrusive on the sculpt and seems to blend in quite well. My only problem with the figure is the accessories, namely his lightsaber. How hard is it for hasbro to sculpt the proper ROTJ Luke hilt? Heck, why not even re-tool Obi Wans' ANH saber to match Lukes'? The sabers are so close in design the re-tool would take only moments to do. It's the tiny details that bother me and this has bothered me since POTF2 Jedi Luke first came out.

mm74md
06-12-2003, 07:49 PM
Please tell me I'm seeing things...does it look like the wrong hand is black in this picture? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Luke's right hand got cut off???? These pics show the left hand colored black. Ugh!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=3134625198

http://www.takewhole.com/eBay/looseluke01.jpg

plasticfetish
06-12-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by mm74md
Please tell me I'm seeing things...

This same question got asked and then an answer was posted over here ...

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=19737&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

... I'll trust that answer for now. (Though I'm not gonna be surprised if that figure starts showing up in the stores like that.)