PDA

View Full Version : Ephant Mons

Darthvader7677
04-29-2003, 08:53 PM
Hey all

I've noticed lately that Ephant Mon seems to be a huge needed figure. I was wondering who has one, and how needs one. In the past I've seen some now and then. For X-Mas I bought 4 of them and gave them out as present's to friends that collect. So who's got em

TheDarthVader
04-29-2003, 09:30 PM
I just found 2 so I'm good to go. If I see him again, I will buy him again. I can not say enough about this figure. Its perfect!

Kidhuman
04-29-2003, 10:48 PM
I have one but have never seen one. I traded some comics that a friend wanted for one thta he had extra. A trade well worth it in my opinion. If I do find any I will pick em up for people that don't have them. If I get stuck with them so be it, it is a great figure. I do want another to open for myself though. :D

bobafrett
04-30-2003, 01:35 AM
I have one, carded thanks to someone here at SSG. I won a second open one on eBay. After I got the carded figure, I had to have an open figure. If I see another, I will definitly pick one up.

Jerjerrod
04-30-2003, 01:59 AM
I have one, but would like to get another one to open. Since Canada doesn't have Ephant, I'd say that's pretty impossible.

aharry
04-30-2003, 02:57 AM
I have only ever seen one on a peg here and I got it.

Adam
04-30-2003, 10:11 AM
I will find him one day! He will be mine! Oh Yes.....

oh who am I kidding? There's never one those in the midst of those blasted Jango Pilots. Or Dexter Jettsters. Or The entire Bespin wave my KB got..:cry:

aceguide
04-30-2003, 10:20 AM
I have yet to see one. My local retailers also got a huge shipment of bespin waves. Unbelievable! Pegs clogged with Vader, Like and of course arena Padme...

sease9
04-30-2003, 11:49 AM
I been having one,I need another one,any help would be appreciated.....

tgr3328
04-30-2003, 01:03 PM
I have only seen one--at my own local Walmart. I couldn't believe it. I snatched it up in a heartbeat!

Dark Marble
04-30-2003, 01:27 PM
I never found one here in the stores, but I got one off ebay with a lot of saga figures. At the time Ephant was going for unresonable prices on-line, so with the lot I got it for a song. I only have one, but it is open. I don't keep my figures on the cards. It is one of the best figures to date in all of the star wars lines IMO, and it is hard for me to try and compare it to other figures. He kind of stands alone.

I would love to see more figures along these lines, but hasbro needs to distribute better. It is very unfair that everyone does not have access to this wonderful toy!!! But with all that plastic, and a price point of $4.99 it is no wonder they couldn't be had. :(

tgr3328
04-30-2003, 01:39 PM
Hasbro should consider a special case assortment of just Ephant Mon. Why not! You know they would sell!

TheDarthVader
04-30-2003, 02:18 PM
I agree with you on that one. If there was a case full of Ephant Mon, he would sell. I was lucky to find mine. He definately stands alone when compared to other figures. You can't say enough about Ephant Mon. Hasbro hit the nail on the head this time. And he's so heavy! I feel very lucky to have gotten him. Keep searching and don't give up!

robman71
04-30-2003, 03:42 PM
I have bought the only one I ever saw in a store. Still waiting for a second one to open.

u156446
04-30-2003, 04:48 PM
I've bought 5 Ephants: opened one, kept one carded of each variant (2), mailed one to a friend, and sold one. I also saw 8 more on the pegs right before Christmas Eve, figuring that was a sign they were going to be everywhere shortly.

seth_quinn
04-30-2003, 05:01 PM
I've got an extra from a pair that had a good eBay bin price but I got hooped bad on shipping and duty. it's on a 9/9.5 card with the easy to peel off Euro sticker on the back. I just want to break even on it. it's $35US shipped anywhere in North America. (yeah, I know - like I said, hooped bad) if anyone just has to have one - pm me.

OC47150
04-30-2003, 05:07 PM
I was fortunate enough to find three within a week's time -- two at Target and one at Kmart. I had to wait until late January or early February before I found them. Two are in my collection and the third went to a friend.

I saw Ephant Mon at the flea market over the weekend and the asking price was $20. I didn't think that was too bad.

DarthBrandon
04-30-2003, 05:15 PM
I only bought one and I'm still waiting to locate another to keep carded.:D

OC47150
04-30-2003, 05:22 PM
I thought, at least by now, he'd show up in more places, but I'm wrong. He's still scarce.

jpak001
04-30-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by u156446
I've bought 5 Ephants: opened one, kept one carded of each variant (2)

There was a variant on this figure ? Wow, like it's not hard enough to even get one. Variation hunters must've had a hard time with this one! BTW: What are the variations anyway ?

I've found two at TRU (on seperate occasions). I bought and opened the 1st one, and left the second for someone else to score..... A local collector show sells 'em for $15 too, I've seen a few there.

Turbowars
04-30-2003, 08:24 PM
I think the variants are dark and light skin tones.

Dialogus
04-30-2003, 09:52 PM
Living in Canada, I got mine on secondary market for $12.95 (around $8.75 US). A definitive must have!

Never saw it in the stores.

bobafrett
05-01-2003, 01:32 AM
I saw several at different vendors this past weekend at an outdoor toy show. They were running about $20 on average. I already have one opened and one carded. If I see another, I hope it's at regular retail.

u156446
05-01-2003, 10:21 AM
The two I have a different in that one fig is noticeably darker than the other, plus the bubble insert is shaped differently below the left hand. There are pictures of these in the ssg collector database.
http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=29489

JON9000
05-01-2003, 05:07 PM
I have 2. One in the package and one in Jabba's Throneroom. His cloak droops a little too low in the rear, forcing his tail down which makes it hard for the figure to stand up. I had to do some trmming with a pair of scissors to make him stand up.

Darth Sidious
05-01-2003, 05:58 PM
Never seen one, never had one... :(

Deoxyribonucleic
05-01-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by brandon
I only bought one and I'm still waiting to locate another to keep carded.:D

Check! ;)

I'll keep my eye open for him, AGAIN lol :D

You know I still haven't seen him on the peg, out of the good graces of two good SSG forumites, I got one free and one for retail, very lucky!

DarthBrandon
05-01-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
Check! ;)

I'll keep my eye open for him, AGAIN lol :D

You know I still haven't seen him on the peg, out of the good graces of two good SSG forumites, I got one free and one for retail, very lucky!

Why thank-you D, you know I really appreciate that. You've probably heard that like a zillion times already.:D

jjreason
05-07-2003, 01:36 AM
I would love to see one at retail too, but it won't be up here. Im happy to have mine (scored on ebay with a lot of figures I needed so my deal was fine) and have found one for a fellow Canucklehead in need (also ebay, also part of a group). The statement above about the figure being TOO worth the money (paraphrased) is so accurate... no one would pass this thing up for 5 bucks. It's amazing.

MaxRebo34
05-08-2003, 02:04 PM
I have yet to see one at the Walmart or Toysrus in my area.....hopefully soon though.....by the looks of it, figure of the year could be attached to it....

Reagan Davis
05-12-2003, 10:30 PM
Still no EM here in south Louisiana, but I will not give up. Waiting on Hoth Han wave too!