PDA

View Full Version : UK Exclusives

RussUAE
04-30-2003, 12:17 AM
Hasbro's UK site, HasbroJedi is reporting that there will be two exclusive figures available in the UK later this year.

Pretty interesting news, although I imagine that they will be the Silver Clone Trooper and maybe the Silver Boba Fett. If it was something different though that would be great.

Any thoughts or suggestions what exclusives we need?

Sentinel18725
04-30-2003, 07:58 AM
Being a completist is getting pretty discouraging. There are less and less possibilities of getting them all. The silver figures are nice and all. I agree that they might be the silver figures. I wish the exclusives would be maybe the Ice Cream guy from Cloud City or how about the Stormtrooper that hits his head on the blast door.....you know with the Brits cooky sense of humor!

evenflow
04-30-2003, 12:57 PM
As long as they are released here in some way its cool with me.

Jargo
04-30-2003, 02:36 PM
Most likely it'll be our opportunity to get US exclusives so I don't think it'll be anything singular to the UK. Most likely it is the chromed figures. The only things I know of that are non US are the cantina sets with bar. But US stores have managed to get hold of those too so I doubt anything is going to be that exclusive.
I just hate all the cloak and dagger mystery and teasing about stuff. Just tell us what's scheduled for chrissakes! Man, anyone would think this stuff was the crown jewels or something not damn lumps of plastic toy. :rolleyes:

odb
05-02-2003, 02:11 PM
Call me a cynic, but I doubt we will really get a UK exculsive. I'm doubting that Hasbro will release a figure that isn't sold in their main markets (ie the US).

I'm with Jargo in that we will probably rehash a former exclusive and try to palm it off as a new exclusive. It would be nice to know whats coming, but a pleasant surprise would go down well.

In terms of what I'd like to see them do would be to release characters that are portrayed by famous or well known English actors (eg Anthony Daniels in his appearence in the Coruscant nightclub, or whatshisface from Grange Hill playing an imperial officier (I can't remember his name currently)

Jargo
05-02-2003, 04:43 PM
Michael Sheard who played Admiral Ozzel. :) Anthony Daniels as Lt. Faytonni is due out later this year. With a head variant of Ahmed best as achk Med-Beq. Same figure different heads and hands but both with a bar pedestal accessory/stand.
I'd like to see Jeremy Bulloch as the Imperial officer on Cloud city done. We need more imperial officers and it'd be a away to kill two birds with one stone. And he'd work perfectly with the existing Leia bespin escape figure.

odb
05-03-2003, 02:07 PM
Thanks Jargo I remembered the character was called Admiral Ozzel at about 10 o'clock this morning, better late than never:rolleyes:

I still think he was more menacing in Grange Hill though:D