PDA

View Full Version : Does "the kiss" make you cringe???

scruffziller
04-30-2003, 10:04 AM
When Leia kisses Luke and knowing what we know now, does anybody think ewwwwww?? I do somewhat, but I wonder if GL even had in mind for them to sibilings when he did ESB.

JEDIpartner
04-30-2003, 10:56 AM
No... I just think it's funny. We'll KNOW that they are siblings once the PT is completed but, when the OT came out, we were all just as surprised by the revalation.

Perhaps Leia's name won't be mentioned in the PT... that way, the relation revalation is still just as surprising in ESB.

Pendo
04-30-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
No... I just think it's funny. We'll KNOW that they are siblings once the PT is completed but, when the OT came out, we were all just as surprised by the revalation.

Perhaps Leia's name won't be mentioned in the PT... that way, the relation revalation is still just as surprising in ESB.

I hope it's not mentioned that there are twins, I hope it trys to make us think there was just the one child, but possible leaves clues to a twin (but clues you'd only realise when Yoda say's "There is another, Sky-Walk-Er......:dead: ).

The :kiss:kiss:kiss: doesn't really make me cringe, because they didn't know at the time.

PENDO!

Deoxyribonucleic
04-30-2003, 12:29 PM
It's pretty funny as she goes around kissing EVERYONE (well, just Han and Luke) in ESB. Whatta shameless hussie ;)

Remember she kisses Luke again when he has come aboard the Falcon after hanging on the weather vein, a kiss smack on the mouth :D

hehe

2-1B
04-30-2003, 12:35 PM
Why doesn't she ever give Chewie some action ? :mad:

Nah, the kiss doesn't bother me. It's harmless and innocent enough, and since they didn't know of the sibling connection it's not "gross" to me.

Jargo
04-30-2003, 04:05 PM
They don't use tongues so it's alright. Once you tongue someone it's not good. Does she tongue han or do they too just do the lips smoochie thing? Is there tongue action in ESB? Is there tongue action in ROTJ? I never notice cuz I hate watching people smooch.

TheDarthVader
04-30-2003, 04:22 PM
Personally, it does not make me cringe (to answer your question).

Exhaust Port
04-30-2003, 07:25 PM
It doesn't bother me but I'm forced to exclaim "EW, SHE'S YOUR SISTER!" everytime I see it just because I find it funny. :D

bobafrett
05-01-2003, 01:03 AM
"Touch your tongue to mine, to make it, you know, all official"

Hey, at least she didn't use that line!

No, it doesn't bother me, if my sister was as hot as Leia looked in ESB, I wouldn't have minded a little longer kiss, especially if I didn't know she was my sister.

mini-rock
05-01-2003, 02:12 AM
No, it doesn't make me cringe. Everytime I see it I LMAO though. Especially afterwards when Luke put's his hands behind his head & thinks he's the you know what. I just think to myself "yeah enjoy enjoy it MF 'cause in the next film you find out she's your sister.":)

scruffziller
05-01-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by mini-rock
. Especially afterwards when Luke put's his hands behind his head & thinks he's the you know what. I just think to myself "yeah enjoy enjoy it MF 'cause in the next film you find out she's your sister.":)

YEA YEA!!!:D

El Chuxter
05-01-2003, 12:09 PM
No, but it made Leia cringe in ROTJ. You know the first thing she thought after hearing "You are my twin sister" was "Eeeewwwieeee!!"

stillakid
05-01-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Why doesn't she ever give Chewie some action ? :mad:

Well, she's too short to reach his lips. But, now that I think about it, she is the right height for....:eek:

uh, never mind. ;)

Exhaust Port
05-01-2003, 12:38 PM
Foot rubs....you were going to say foot rubs right?

JediTricks
05-01-2003, 07:28 PM
It didn't used to, it was kinda goofy and gross in retrospect (especially when you think about the deleted scene just before that where they supposedly share a more passionate kiss), but after I met my sister - who was given at birth to my mother's aunt and uncle, is only 18 months younger than me, and was raised within 40 miles of me - in 1990, that ESB scene REALLY made me cringe.

Kidhuman
05-01-2003, 08:58 PM
Nah it is just funny. Lucas has a sick twisted demented mind. I wonder if he has a sister that he has thoughts of?

scruffziller
05-02-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
It didn't used to, it was kinda goofy and gross in retrospect (especially when you think about the deleted scene just before that where they supposedly share a more passionate kiss), but after I met my sister - who was given at birth to my mother's aunt and uncle, is only 18 months younger than me, and was raised within 40 miles of me - in 1990, that ESB scene REALLY made me cringe.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!:D

JediTricks
05-03-2003, 05:41 AM
In what... way?

JEDIpartner
05-12-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
It's pretty funny as she goes around kissing EVERYONE (well, just Han and Luke) in ESB. Whatta shameless hussie ;) hehe

Yeah... well, good thing for us they cut that scene where she uses Artoo for a particular purpose... :eek:!!!

The Overlord Returns
05-14-2003, 09:07 AM
Ya know...considering the inclusion of the "No, there is another" scene....GL must have put the kiss in ESB already knowing they would turn out to be brother and sister.......

Dirty old man that Lucas is ;)

scruffziller
05-14-2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns

Dirty old man that Lucas is ;)

ah.....HEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-14-2003, 01:03 PM
It does not bother me.

JediTricks
05-14-2003, 08:13 PM
Ya know...considering the inclusion of the "No, there is another" scene....GL must have put the kiss in ESB already knowing they would turn out to be brother and sister.......

Dirty old man that Lucas is ;) In Lucas' defense, I believe he didn't write either scene. He laid the basic frame for the ESB plot and Lawrence Kasdan wrote the movie itself.

The Overlord Returns
05-15-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
In Lucas' defense, I believe he didn't write either scene. He laid the basic frame for the ESB plot and Lawrence Kasdan wrote the movie itself.

Still, I'm sure he was aware of the overall plan to make luke and leia twins..........

and what's to defend? That kiss has given me comedy value for over 20 years!

stillakid
05-16-2003, 01:36 AM
Still, I'm sure he was aware of the overall plan to make luke and leia twins..........

I agree completely. I've heard the conspiracy theories that Lucas had another person in mind to be, well, the other. But I don't buy it at all. The OT works too well for that to be a last minute change. Besides, tossing in a random new character in the third act of the play would have made absolutely no sense at all. It would have been completely adrift of conventional storytelling. Although, as I say this, I am reminded of the amateurish writing mistakes in the Prequels, so we do know that Lucas is capable of f'ing stuff up. But at that time, back in the day, he had people to help him avoid those pitfalls unlike today.

mini-rock
05-16-2003, 11:22 AM

Agreed. When Luke puts his hands behind his head afterwards cracks me up.:)

JEDIpartner
05-16-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by mini-rock
Agreed. When Luke puts his hands behind his head afterwards cracks me up.:)

There's nothing like basking in the afterglow of kissing one's own sister... aahhhhhh.... :rolleyes:

InsaneJediGirl
05-16-2003, 11:01 PM
There's nothing like basking in the afterglow of kissing one's own sister... aahhhhhh.... :rolleyes:

LOL:crazed: The kiss doesnt affect me now..but after I watched the Trilogy for the first time I thought it was gross.Now..I just hope he had alot of mouthwash to use at the end of ROTJ.:D

stillakid
05-16-2003, 11:29 PM

Well, Luke was a country hick and you know what those types are like...;)

2-1B
05-17-2003, 02:50 AM
If a couple gets married in (insert any southern state here) and move to (insert any northern state here) are they still brother and sister ? ;)

:crazed:

scruffziller
05-22-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
If a couple gets married in (insert any southern state here) and move to (insert any northern state here) are they still brother and sister ? ;)

:crazed:

Whoah..................careful hee hee:D

Not all of us on here are Northerners.

Dar Basra
05-22-2003, 10:27 AM
And here I was thinking the title of this thread referred to Gustav Klimt's painting. Sure the patterns on the cloaks make me cringe, but the use of colour commands your attention.

As to Luke and Leia - not at all. I never had a sister, but I'd like to think that if I did ... er, nevermind.

stillakid
05-22-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Dar Basra
And here I was thinking the title of this thread referred to Gustav Klimt's painting. Sure the patterns on the cloaks make me cringe, but the use of colour commands your attention.

As to Luke and Leia - not at all. I never had a sister, but I'd like to think that if I did ... er, nevermind.

Even I had to look that one up. ;) Who let Dennis Miller in here?

Deoxyribonucleic
05-22-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
Even I had to look that one up. ;)

I am thouroughly surprised at this statement Stilla!!! ;)

On a side note, I wonder if there were another 3 movies if Leia would still go around kissing people, maybe she would even start kissing other women :eek: :crazed: :p

hehe :evil:

stillakid
05-22-2003, 10:30 PM
I am thouroughly surprised at this statement Stilla!!! ;) No need to be facetious. ;)

maybe she would even start kissing other women For $29.95 a month, it can be arranged I'm sure. :cool:

Deoxyribonucleic
05-23-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by stillakid

For $29.95 a month, it can be arranged I'm sure. :cool:

Hey Stilla, we might be on to something here . . . CHA-CHING :greedy: :greedy: :greedy:

hehe ;)

The Overlord Returns
05-23-2003, 11:57 AM
Hey Stilla, we might be on to something here . . . CHA-CHING :greedy: :greedy: :greedy:

hehe ;)

Do I need to post a current picture of carrie fisher to put a stop to this "idea" of yours? ;)

El Chuxter
05-23-2003, 12:12 PM
Okay, guys, this is starting to slide into PG-13 territory. Not that I don't think it's funny, but any further and I'll have no choice but to give in to the Dark Side and start editing posts. ;)

scruffziller
05-23-2003, 01:34 PM
Do I need to post a current picture of carrie fisher to put a stop to this "idea" of yours? ;)

ah---HEE!!!!!!:D

The mental visual did it for me.;) :dead:

stillakid
05-23-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
Okay, guys, this is starting to slide into PG-13 territory. Not that I don't think it's funny, but any further and I'll have no choice but to give in to the Dark Side and start editing posts. ;)

Denial is this societies greatest impediment to progress.