PDA

View Full Version : What's under YOUR bed???

Deoxyribonucleic
05-01-2003, 12:38 AM
a remote control robot fighter

a tennis racket from 1920

assorted "important" papers (that's why they are under the bed)

a box full of stuff that belongs to someone from New Zealand.

Bear Feet slippers

and of course the ever-present dust bunnies and. . . . ;)

2-1B
05-01-2003, 12:43 AM
Crumpled up X-Men 2 poster that I got from the DareDevil showing . . . a phone book . . . a corpse . . . a box of computer paper . . . that's pretty much it ! :)

Deoxyribonucleic
05-01-2003, 12:46 AM
Can I have the corpse?

bobafrett
05-01-2003, 12:49 AM
Oh Goody, let's see, under my bed is the following:

Two roller totes of clothes that don't fit me.

Several Star Wars stand up promotional items from EPI

One Pepsi Stand up of Kerry Wood (Cubs pitcher)

One duffle bag with my long underwear, that I forget is under there until the following summer

Gumby slippers

Star Wars Taco Bell banner frrom the SE release (never used)

My two cats (they climb up into the box spring)

Other misc. Star Wars promo cardboard items.

QLD
05-01-2003, 01:04 AM
Hmmm........actually, everything under my bed is my dogs doing. He stashes all his "treasure" under there.

So at any time there might be......

bones, soda bottles, underwear, bras, panties, tape, paper, dog toys, various wrappers, pens and who knows what else.

2-1B
05-01-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Lando In My Pants
bras, panties,

Thanks, I've been looking all over for those . . .

Lord Malakite
05-01-2003, 01:34 AM
You could of just borrowed mine Caesar. :D

aharry
05-01-2003, 02:21 AM
My underwear drawer. And a tent.

seth_quinn
05-01-2003, 03:00 AM
over 1000 comic books from the late 80's/early 90's that today aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

Jargo
05-01-2003, 06:30 AM
A large plastic storage tub full of Lego, A big box full of all my old audio cassettes, posters in storage tubes, a signed by Mr Bulloch framed Boba Fett photo, A stash of plasticard sheets waiting to be turned into the walls of the death star docking bay, an A3 graph paper pad, various toolboxes containing mini tools for modelling and craftwork including my 'equivelent product' Dremel.
A thick layer of dust and lint balls.
I used to have three large plastic storage tubs of unused star wars toys under there too but they now live in the newly refurbished loft space. And when I say large storage tubs i mean large, the bed is three feet high and these tubs only just fitted underneath. I consider what's there under the bed now to be a small amount of clutter.

Kidhuman
05-01-2003, 01:25 PM
A broken picture frame, a box of EU books, a wicker basket with pictures, one sneaker, a dirty pair of socks, a set of weights, a heating pad, probably 38cents in change and Jimmy Hoffa.

Rogue II
05-01-2003, 01:35 PM
Good question. I think I stuffed a box of Star Wars legos under the bed. I'll have to look to see what else is there.

When I was little, the boogie man lived there. Or was it a monster? Well, one lived in the closet and the other lived under the bed. I'm sure they wanted to eat my toes...but they never got them. Ha! The old batman night light must have worked. Thank you Adam West.

Patient Zero
05-01-2003, 02:07 PM
There is nothing...NOTHING under my bed and if anyone tells you any differently they are a filthy lier!

El Chuxter
05-01-2003, 02:13 PM
Just a canister of Bat-Shark Repellent.

keith koth
05-01-2003, 04:29 PM
A Darth Vader mirror I won at the State Fair of Texas way back in 1978, a plastic tub full of various extra vintage SW figures, my dog, 2 chew toys, a plush squeeky toy, a Rancor, and various other things I hide from my wife...albeit not too hidden! :crazed:

JediTricks
05-01-2003, 04:55 PM
Nothing, my bed is on the floor.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-01-2003, 04:59 PM
I was waiting to see who would be the first to have their bed on the floor ;)

Seriously though I knew that would come up....see I thought ahead ;) :crazed: teehee

:D

Patient Zero
05-01-2003, 05:02 PM
Your bed is on the floor!?!?! Well, what's it doing there? Amateur!

dr_evazan22
05-01-2003, 06:55 PM
The nice thing is you don't have too far to fall.

My bed is prety close to the ground, I have just enough room for a roller storgae box w/ posters in tubes, and reently I put my boxed B-Wing under there, until I get the shleves reorganized (it could be a long time).

JediTricks
05-01-2003, 09:59 PM
This building's last landlord, his wife rolled out of bed, broke her neck and died. That's not why I don't use a bedframe though, just an additional reason. :D

bobafrett
05-01-2003, 11:22 PM
Oh, that's great, and I just bought some "lifters" to give my bed additional sytorage space underneath. I'm glad it's a queen size bed, I'll just sleep in the center.

Patient Zero
05-02-2003, 09:45 AM
Mine is nailed to the ceiling. It's just this thing I do.

scruffziller
05-02-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Nothing, my bed is on the floor.

Yep me too.

keith koth
05-02-2003, 02:25 PM
Has anyone ever feared that their bed frame may collapse and destroy everything under your bed? :(

I think I'll go relocate my things now. :crazed:

Jargo
05-02-2003, 05:10 PM
Hmm, so having your bed on the floor means you don't fall out of bed but do you run the risk of falling face first onto your bed from standing and thus incurring more personal damage having fallen from a greater height and not having quite so much give in the springs as they are on a hard surface rather than nesting ona frame that is designed to be somewhat elastic under the weight of a human form?

I used to have a futon bed witha proper Japanese futon mattress. But I couldn't sleep on it. Felt like sleeping on a bed of rocks. What i really want is a remote controoled adjustomatic orthopedic bed. They look like fun. :)

Oh yeah, under the bed, I have a large artists cutting mat also. And that roleplaying game that came with Rorwoorr the Wookiee scout figure.

DewMan37
05-02-2003, 08:19 PM
Stuff.

Darth Sidious
05-02-2003, 10:19 PM
Let's see... A sausage, corpse (Like Caesar also has), the Precioussssssssss, SARS, a Charlie Manson PEZ dispenser, Elves and Men and Orcses, bean sprouts, feather duster made from the cilia of bats, bacteriophages, tubing, cocoons, Hitler's speedo (Don't know HOW that got there...:eek: ), DVD of Beard III: The Second Coming, Russia, Jesus Christ action figure with karate-chop gimmick, Deadeye and his Natalie Portman blowup doll, a bed, Rick McCallum talking exercise bike, a cactus, rock blood, Michael Jackson's nose, the Shards of Narsil, inbred Ysalamiri, buttered springs, death, Satan's cucumber, God's pickle, infusions of silica gel, wriggling rice, a brick, Count Dooku's beard comb, the glove, the cure for cancer, ...and a rug.

Lord Malakite
05-02-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by keith koth
Has anyone ever feared that their bed frame may collapse and destroy everything under your bed? :(

I think I'll go relocate my things now. :crazed:

Actually, James Boba Fettfield had that happen to him before. :D

Luckily, nothing was under his bed. :rolleyes:

EricRG
05-02-2003, 11:42 PM
spiders, duct tape, tumbleweeds and bananas.

dr_evazan22
05-03-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Darth Sidious
... a bed

You have a bed UNDER your bed? Top bunk and bottom bunk? I don't feel like sleeping on THAT bed, tonight I'll sleep on the OTHER...? Is this the bed you bring out when guests are over?

Michael Jackson's nose

Which version?

Kidhuman
05-03-2003, 01:47 AM
Muffins.

JediTricks
05-03-2003, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Hmm, so having your bed on the floor means you don't fall out of bed but do you run the risk of falling face first onto your bed from standing and thus incurring more personal damage having fallen from a greater height and not having quite so much give in the springs as they are on a hard surface rather than nesting ona frame that is designed to be somewhat elastic under the weight of a human form?

I used to have a futon bed witha proper Japanese futon mattress. But I couldn't sleep on it. Felt like sleeping on a bed of rocks. What i really want is a remote controoled adjustomatic orthopedic bed. They look like fun. :)
Jargo, why would one fall into bed at all? I'm not a belly-flopper, I can't imagine why anybody would drop themselves into bed that way. Also, using a frame under a box spring which itself is under a standard spring mattress seems like it's all just working to displace more weight to the edges - which might strain the frame and the floor in 4 small places prematurely, as well as encourage the bed to sag - rather than an even displacement.

I use a futon mattress right now, I've tried waterbeds, expensive mattresses, large mattresses within waterbed frames (that was probably my favorite, the box spring was on the floor, the frame just kept things from sliding), and futons on their frames, and almost none of those were all that great for me. If I had the space, I'd probably go for a huge traditional bed and box spring instead the futon, but the futon has 3 things that work for me - no sagging, can be moved out of the way for extra floor space (though it's been a while since I've needed that), and it's low to the ground so I won't fall out the window. Dang designers put the large window right at a height where a bed, box spring, and frame would meet it - you roll out of the wrong side of bed one day and you fall 3 stories to your death!

Oh, and I checked when I changed the sheets, there was a penny, a Lego red ninja mini-figure, an unpopped kernel of popcorn, and a POTF2 Weequay's vibro-axe under the foot of the bed. If this crap had been westward by a foot, I would have noticed a lot sooner since I'm very sensitive to such things.

Jargo
05-03-2003, 09:14 AM
Say you have a little too much drink one night and head for bed and trip on a shoelace and fall from standing and crack your face wide open on the hard futon mattress on the hard floor and have to have maxillo-facial treatments to rebuild your once pretty face and you end up looking like a G.I. JOE instead of your old self? Then having your bed on the floor aint no good.
And as for having your bed next to the window and falling out, as I said my bed is three feet high and butts up to the window ledge so if i roll over I end up with my butt hanging out the window. I'm on the first floor of a standard cottage sized house but that's still a long drop to the ground. Luckily only one side of my window opens so i'd only half fall out if i did and could stop myself from slipping all the way. One thing though, Having a window opening at bed height means that when you pass wind you have ventillation to take the smell clean away. Just shove your butt out the window and let her rip baby! thrrrrrrrrp!
Oh yeah, used to sleep in bunk beds on the top bunk with just three feet between the mattress and the ceiling. That got a little claustrophobic for me so i ditched the top of the bunks and kept the bottom half as a standard bed but then i sold the bed for profit to a friend who had need of a bed and we built the current captains bunk I use. I have so much space under my bed i could rent it to a refugee family or three at a pinch. Warm, dry, secure, what more could they ask for apart from a lavatory and running water?

Darth Sidious
05-03-2003, 10:19 AM
No, no bunks dr_evezan22, there's a small bed under mine. :)

Deoxyribonucleic
05-03-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Jargo, why would one fall into bed at all?

I can think of one BIG reason why one plus one more would "fall" into a bed!!

But I won't give it away, y'all have to figure that one out on your own :rolleyes: :D :p ;)

James Boba Fettfield
05-03-2003, 02:25 PM
Siamese twins? It's involving siamese twins, right?

Deoxyribonucleic
05-03-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
Siamese twins? It's involving siamese twins, right?

Well I'll be a sono***un! How'd you know?

I guess it wasn't such a mystery after all, sighhhhhhhhhhh, oh well.

;)

InsaneJediGirl
05-03-2003, 10:21 PM
Considering I live in a tiny room overtaken by SW stuff(or "junk" as my family reffers to it),a futon works great as a bed too.So whats under there?..Dust bunnies..a dog eating the Dust bunnies(dumb mutt),cookie crumbs,sand,unpopped popcorn,and a few tibits of dry dog food.:D

JediTricks
05-04-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Say you have a little too much drink one night and head for bed and trip on a shoelace and fall from standing and crack your face wide open on the hard futon mattress on the hard floor and have to have maxillo-facial treatments to rebuild your once pretty face and you end up looking like a G.I. JOE instead of your old self? Then having your bed on the floor aint no good.
And as for having your bed next to the window and falling out, as I said my bed is three feet high and butts up to the window ledge so if i roll over I end up with my butt hanging out the window. I'm on the first floor of a standard cottage sized house but that's still a long drop to the ground. I don't drink, and I'd rather trip and fall onto the floor than onto a bed 3 feet off the ground which acts as a trampoline and bounces me right out the window. :D I'm on the 3rd floor, so it'd be pretty likely that it would be a fatal fall.

BTW, what is it with unpopped popcorn and futons? It's like the damn things are a magnet for those tiny little kernels of sleep-ruining.

Patient Zero
05-05-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
I can think of one BIG reason why one plus one more would "fall" into a bed!!

But I won't give it away, y'all have to figure that one out on your own :rolleyes: :D :p ;)

Wait! I can get this. Letssss seeeee...one plus one....carry the three...hold the mayo.....a side of onion rings....throw salt over shoulder....pick up dry cleaning..........oh, forget it! I give up; is the answer blue?

Lobito
05-05-2003, 12:54 PM
Right now there's nothing, but in the house i used to live, i had old posters, pictures, albums, stickers, books, old handheldgames, etc.

The good stuff wasnt there, but in a drawer under lock:)

Jargo
05-05-2003, 03:07 PM
Nothing? Nothing at all? My that's some good Feng shui.

Good stuff.....? :sur: ;)

Lobito
05-05-2003, 04:45 PM
Yup yup yup!! State accounts, recipes, letters, great old comic books, some SW related things, u know...good stuff!!:D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-05-2003, 09:26 PM
Nothing unusual in my bed--just a few socks with no matches, some old Star Wars insider magazines, a lot of dust, books ranging from children's literature to modern history and some panties from a couple of one-night standers.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-05-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
and some panties from a couple of one-night standers.

Are they for sale? :p

Tonysmo
05-06-2003, 03:20 AM
hey uh.. If you dont mind me asking.. and I know this doesnt involve the topic at hand but.. Whats up with your new tag line there Deox? Is this the same Amy that most all coo'd over when she came online? I havent seen many posts from her anyhow.. what gives? Do we need to hit up a few Oklahoma Walmarts for ya?

Kidhuman
05-06-2003, 03:03 PM
I was wondering why she hasn't been here in awhile. I guessed she took the money and ran. Sorry to hear that Deoxy.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-12-2003, 09:51 PM
and some panties from a couple of one-night standers.

Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
Are they for sale? :p

For you Deox, no charge. :kiss:

You may just want to run them through the rinse cycle. :sur:

Deoxyribonucleic
05-13-2003, 09:27 PM
For you Deox, no charge. :kiss:

You may just want to run them through the rinse cycle. :sur:

ROFLMAO!!!

Thanks LBC, gee and I didn't get you anything!?

;)

Porcelina
05-15-2003, 09:40 AM
getting back to "under my bed"... really gross story....

when i was younger, i had newts.. i kept them in my bedroom, in a tank that had a lid, but there was a little gap in the lid in one spot where the water filter thing was, and the newts would crawl up the tank and try to get out (ungrateful schmucks!)... they're pretty slow movers, so i'd usually find them before they got into any trouble, and put them back... but one night, while i was sleeping one of them escaped and i couldn't find him.... i could never figure out what had happened until years later when i moved out of my parents' house and had to strip the entire room clean.... well..... guess what i found under my bed? his lovely little cadavre.... :cry:

actually, though, the worser death happened to one of his buddies who escaped and crawled into the heating system, where my dad found him dry and shrivelled.....

at least the other two died of natural causes...

poor inky, binky, squeaky, and clyde.... i loved them so.... *sigh*

bobafrett
05-15-2003, 01:03 PM
I had to help my sister pack up her bedroom when she was around 7 or 8 years old, and under her bed I found a moldy half peanut butter and jelly sandwich, as well as other bits of old food. luckily she keeps a bit tidier room these days.

Jedi Clint
05-15-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Porcelina
getting back to "under my bed"... really gross story....

when i was younger, i had newts.. i kept them in my bedroom, in a tank that had a lid, but there was a little gap in the lid in one spot where the water filter thing was, and the newts would crawl up the tank and try to get out (ungrateful schmucks!)... they're pretty slow movers, so i'd usually find them before they got into any trouble, and put them back... but one night, while i was sleeping one of them escaped and i couldn't find him.... i could never figure out what had happened until years later when i moved out of my parents' house and had to strip the entire room clean.... well..... guess what i found under my bed? his lovely little cadavre.... :cry:

actually, though, the worser death happened to one of his buddies who escaped and crawled into the heating system, where my dad found him dry and shrivelled.....

at least the other two died of natural causes...

poor inky, binky, squeaky, and clyde.... i loved them so.... *sigh*

What's with those escaping newts anyway?

We used to live down the street from a pet store. My parents let us purchase 2 newts. 2. They escaped. We secretly bought 2 more. One was found in the dirty laundry alive. The other made a fatal mistake by crawling into the guinea pig cage. It must have spooked them. We remember hearing them running around and around their cage making their pig noises for most of the night. They trampled it to death.

Porcelina
05-15-2003, 10:49 PM
jc, that's awesome!!!!!!!!!

no, no, not the fact that one of your newts was trampled to death by guinea pigs--my condolences for that

it's just that i've never met anyone else who had newts, let alone problems with them escaping... i've been ridden with guilt for the last ten years, thinking i was a horrible pet owner, but i honestly did everything i could to stop them running away! it's so nice to hear that it's happened to someone else....

*HUGS*

teehee.... you have relieved me of my burden :D

Jedi Clint
05-15-2003, 11:50 PM
Thank you for the *hugs*. :) Glad I was of service.

To be honest we (my brothers and I) were initially sad about the trampled newt, but we've had a laugh or two when recounting the experience. Partly about how we were naughty and secretly bought more newts (did I mention my mom found the one in the dirty laundry :eek: :D ), but also (for the one that didn't make it).......what a way to go ;)

I wouldn't mind owning another pair some day. But first, I would need a very secure aquarium! :D

bobafrett
05-15-2003, 11:55 PM
If I had a newt, would you hold it against me....... Seriously though, I had a black and white Hamster that I named Darth. One weekend when my brother and I were out of town, my dad let the dog into the our bedroom, because he normally slept in there. Well, Darth decided to escape from his cage, and the dog found him. Darth had met his match. That wasn't the first time Darth had escaped, the first time we found him in another one of our hamster cages. We found out that we didn't have two male hamsters as we had been told, and Darth became a father.

I also had a Long haired Guinea pig named Kimba, but no newts.

Porcelina
05-16-2003, 09:40 AM
i had a hampster once that was *supposedly* a male (although you can't really tell when they're babies)... two days after bringing "him" home from the pet store, "he" gave birth to eight little hammies! although i was initially freaked out, it was the most amazing experience.. baby hampsters are THE cutest creatures ever.... little pink wrinkly hairless blind and deaf things that run around and bang into everything! hehee

but two of them had an unfortunate demise that really had nothing to do with me this time! apparently chrissie (as i re-named chris) didn't have enough milk/teets to feed the 8 babies..... one day i woke up and peered into the cage and noticed chrissie eating something round and pink, and couldn't figure out what it was until i counted the babies--she was eating its head!!! she had already eaten 1 baby, so there were only 6 left....

now that's what i call tough love... ;)