PDA

View Full Version : Camouflage Stormtrooper

snakeplkn
11-17-2001, 09:34 AM
Maybe this idea has come up already ... but how about a camouflage Stormtrooper? I definitely would want a couple for the Endor display I've made. The EU take could be they were Special Forces from the Death Star II or what have you ....

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

evenflow
11-17-2001, 12:52 PM
If EU Stormtroopers are going to be done, the should be from Crimson Empire. The Death Troopers rock, who doesn't want a black Stormtrooper. Carnor Jax and Kir Kanos would be really nice too. ;)

GNT
11-18-2001, 12:24 AM
It could be a training mission figure? and could go with the cruise missile trooper!

Dark Knight
11-18-2001, 11:28 PM
That would be cool. I can see the stormies hiding in the bushes and an army of black, red, and white stormies.

Hehehehehehhe:p

Obi-Don
11-20-2001, 08:24 AM
You would think they would have those kind of troopers. It would be hard to hide in the bushes in bright white suits.The red and black would be cool.

bigbarada
11-20-2001, 10:39 AM
Y'see the basic concept behind all Imperial operations isn't like America in Vietnam. The Imperials seem to have more of a "we're here and there's nothing you can do about it" concept of operations. They don't need to hide since intimidation is their primary tactic.

Similar to the UN in Operation Joint Endeavor in Bosnia. They sustain a high-profile military presence which acts as a deterent to rebellious acts.

Not saying that it worked incredibly well, but that was their theory.

snakeplkn
11-20-2001, 02:51 PM
However Barada, the UN marching around the globe in blue doesn't help matters when they come under attack. Wearing white in the forest is like wearing a "kick me" sign during combat. The war between the Rebel Alliance and the Empire seemed to me similar a struggle between NATO and the Warsaw Pact in terms of units and tactics, but that's for another time.

Snake Plissken

bigbarada
11-20-2001, 07:50 PM
One problem I had with the Battle of Endor during ROTJ was how out of character it was for the Imperials to simply engage these "animals" (as they saw them) in the forest. Why not simply have giant ships hovering around levelling the forest?

As for their blunders, all I can say is maybe the Imperials went unchallenged for too long. They got lazy and complacent.

Wolfwood319
11-20-2001, 11:56 PM
Not to mention the Emperor's "entire legion of my best troops'' gets beaten by a bunch of teddy bears with rocks and sticks.

No wonder the empire collapsed. If their best troops can be beaten by koalas, you've got problems.

GNT
11-23-2001, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
If their best troops can be beaten by koalas, you've got problems.

But none of the imperials wanted to hurt any of the cute,little Koalas :)

Dark Knight
11-23-2001, 06:01 PM
Kill them all!!!!

Let the troopers' sort them out!!!!!

Can you say naplam?

Hehehehehehehehehhee

:evil: :evil: :evil:

GNT
11-25-2001, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Dark Knight
Kill them all!!!!

Let the troopers' sort them out!!!!!

Can you say naplam?

Hehehehehehehehehhee

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

El Chuxter
11-26-2001, 02:13 PM
About those Stormtroopers. . . .:evil:

I'd like to see Storm Commandos--they look like Biker Scouts, but wear black instead of white. Since they're supposed to be the creme de la creme of Imperial infiltrators and saboteurs, perhaps they wear other colors as well.

Dark Knight
11-26-2001, 11:13 PM
That would also be cool. Only if the make more ewoks to hunt and stuff.

heheheeheehhehee

GNT
11-27-2001, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Dark Knight
heheheeheehhehee

Your evil Dark Knight :evil: ,evil as can be!

snakeplkn
11-27-2001, 02:42 PM
What would work is a three pack of a Black, Red, and Green Stormtrooper. Yet that is nothing more than a pipe dream since Hasbro has yet to release any army builder sets. I wonder why not, kids and collectors alike would buy them.

Snake Plissken

Dark Knight
12-01-2001, 01:44 AM
Sounds good to me. Let the hunt began.

Hehehhehehee

GNT
12-01-2001, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by snakeplkn
Yet that is nothing more than a pipe dream since Hasbro has yet to release any army builder sets. I wonder why not, kids and collectors alike would buy them.

The fan club next year is having a exclusive stormtrooper 2 pack :)