PDA

View Full Version : Keep Watching The Stores: New Figures On The Way!!

Beast
05-01-2003, 01:51 PM
This is great news for those areas that still are suffering from a lack of new figures at retail. From Rebelscum:

Hasbro Going The Extra Mile?

Mark: If you've spent any considerable amount of time at your local retail chain you probably saw it; teal vested Hasbro reps filling shopping carts with older slow moving stock. As we've come to learn, this is usually done to make room for newer figures and toys but according to one well informed reader there may be a new wrinkle to this fold.

"This week (Toy 'R' Us) stores have had pretty much any/all older or non-selling figures pulled to be sent back to Hasbro... Which means, finally, new figures will be heading to TRU's most everywhere in the next several weeks. They are coming to warehouses via abnormal methods by Hasbro to re-inject stores with newer waves, so they could be at Midwest stores in a week, or maybe 3."

So what could "abnormal methods" refer to? While Hasbro has so far been unavailable to comment, we know according to one Kay Bee employee Star Wars figures were apparently arriving at Kay Bee stores via Federal Express at various times last year. Could Hasbro be bypassing standard shipping methods to get new toys to market sooner? Would Hasbro go as far as FedEx’ing these toys to ensure collectors can find what they're looking for? Short of official confirmation from the toy maker, we may never know for sure, but one thing is certain; collectors looking to catch up on the figures and toys released so far this year will do well to watch their local Toys 'R' Us (and likely Wal-Mart and Target stores) over the next few weeks. More news on this story as it develops.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
05-01-2003, 02:12 PM
Excellent!

I've been lucky at my walmarts over the last month (except this week ;( ), able to get most everything that I want, but the TRU's around here are HORRIBLE! They always hold out to the last available second to sell the older figures when obviously the market for them is saturated beyond capacity, just like it took them forever to put that 12" Sandtrooper and Dewback on sale...I saw that thing sitting for over a year (tons of them) still for $79.99 with an inch of dust....duhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :crazed:

Well, I'm glad things should be moving now! :D

TheDarthVader
05-01-2003, 02:22 PM
This is great news! Good idea hasbro. Its about time!

Kidhuman
05-01-2003, 02:30 PM
Good news and good timing.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-01-2003, 03:36 PM
I'll just throw in my $0.02 so take it for what it's worth. ;)

I was talking with a TRU employee last Friday about the lack of newer figures in that particular store. He told me (I don't know where his 411 came from) that they were expecting new figures around the end of May.

I'm hopeful this corroborates JJB's report.

Brainiak76
05-01-2003, 05:25 PM
FINALLY!! everywhere in my area is HORRIBLE!! i cant find nething!!

hopefully things will be picking up very soon!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-01-2003, 06:17 PM
This is GREAT news. I only have 6 2003 figures so far. It'll be great to walk into TRU and NOT see millions of Royal Guards, Taun Wes and Massiffs!

keithfite
05-01-2003, 06:24 PM
If I could say about FU***** time, I would. But I cant. So I'll just say yippee Thanks JarJarBinks for the good news

keithfite
05-01-2003, 06:56 PM
Something else I ment to say was that I am sure this is underway here. As I was just saying on my post, "Whats the newest thing you found", That the KB I was just at was selling star wars basic figures for 50% off and other star wars things for good prices. and they had most of there star wars were put in the front of the store where you walk in. and the toys r us I went to usually has a huge wall, but today there were just a few figures. This was all in Barboursville WV. I am not from there but go there in search of figures. Here in Oh the wal mart is getting low, they get pretty good stuff but they have let it get to be so there isnt much of the basic figures to chose from. I hope they start coming out with the new stuff. I am not wanting to keep having to look through old stuff I am sure everyone agrees when I say..... bring it on

Val Da Car
05-03-2003, 03:11 AM
My Wal Mart just got in one case (hopefully the first of many) of the Han Solo Hoth, Chewbacca Mynock Hunt, Flying R2 wave. The guy unpacking the case (thanks again) said that a major wave of figures is coming this month also...so just be patience..

btw I have to agree...the Flying R2 looks dumb.....was is with the mis colored (grey) head.....

Val Da Car
05-03-2003, 03:15 AM
The only thing that is a little goofy is the UPC label on the bottom are Hasbro UK?

Has anyone else seen this...I will post pics tomorrow cause my eyes are tired.

all of the figures has these except the Destroyer droid in the case.

Kidhuman
05-03-2003, 03:28 AM
Yeah I have the UK Yoda. Bought like 4 months ago.

Val Da Car
05-03-2003, 10:05 AM
Here is the UK Label on my Han Solo

Sentinel18725
05-03-2003, 10:34 AM
I have also had lots o' luck at Wal Marts. None here in Chicago, but down in the St. Louis area. I'm only missing Barriss. The lack of supply is almost pushing me out of collecting. But I'm always renewed when I look like a giddy child when I find something new.......come on TRU, I'm waiting!

Deoxyribonucleic
05-03-2003, 03:02 PM
ALL of the new figures I've gotten have the uk insert???

Oh, well...I don't care where they come from as long as I have them and they keep coming! ;)

Brainiak76
05-03-2003, 06:24 PM
Sentinel18725 i know what you mean!! its a diff feeling when you find new figs @ the store!!

But 03 year is really dissapointing w/ new figs!! havent even seen any in retail( Nor Ca) had to get from friends across the country! hopefully things will pick up w/kb cutting all there prices!! and my tru also only having a few pegs of figs w/ only 1-2 figs on them!

BoShek
05-03-2003, 09:35 PM
Wooo! This is great.

Val Da Car
05-03-2003, 11:18 PM
Well if anything using the UK labels can keep costs down so Hasbroken can ship figures sooner and to more places at once.

Using one label for three continents.....North American, Europe & Austraila/New Zealand......smart thinking.....

Brainiak76
05-04-2003, 02:14 AM
seriously i could careless! i noticed that also! but on the back it still has us distribution address's and #'s..etc!

Val Da Car
05-04-2003, 03:33 PM
In Stock at Entertainment Earth.com

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84851J

Case assortment with Darth Tyranus (new Scupt), Obi Wan (Acklay battle), Yoda with Council seat, Destroyer Droids, Gunship pilot.

This means is EE has them in stock (since they are on the West Coast) it will be no time before retail outlets get this case assortment and others in stock!!!!!

Yippee!!!!!!!!

Turbowars
05-04-2003, 03:48 PM
Not sure what wave that was Val, but I picked up wave 10 from EE a week ago. It has Hoth Han and Chewy in it. So EE is getting them in.

Val Da Car
05-05-2003, 12:14 AM
The link is to Wave 8 which is more figures than any of else in retail land.....have seen.

OC47150
05-05-2003, 11:54 AM
I don't know about you guys, but this is the driest period for collecting I can remember in quite some time! The last new figures (other than the flea market) I saw/bought were in early March.

I've taken advantage of clearance sales regular and on-line stores have offered this spring to help stimulate the economy.

sith_killer_99
05-05-2003, 12:11 PM
MARCH!?!?

I went from January to April without finding anything new!

Oh well, more money for Transformers.

Seriously, I am considering giving up on new Star Wars stuff. I dislike a third of the SAGA line anyway. Maybe I should pronounce SAGA dead and wait for the new "Clone Wars" line to show up.:rolleyes:

I'm having better luck finding imported (Canadian/European) Power of the Jedi stuff than I am new SAGA figures. Oh well, POTJ is a better line anyway.:D

JEDIpartner
05-05-2003, 12:12 PM
Most of the things I have gotten from the basic line (via KEBco) have had the Australian packaging. Just thought I'd throw MY $ .02 in!

Mandalorian Candidat
05-05-2003, 03:29 PM
Oh boy oh boy oh boy! My wife just called my at work/school to let me know she found eight new figures at Wal-Mart. Some of them I hadn't heard about before like a new Hoth Han and Mynock Hunt Chewie.

I hope this means the drought is over!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-06-2003, 05:36 PM
Alas . . . still nothing but Palpatines and Pilot Padmés at my Wal-Mart . . . :cry: Even though, a few weeks ago, they had 2003 figures (Anakin, Boba, Mace, Obi-Wan, Tyranus, R2-D2), they sold out in less than a week and left me with all the old crap.

C'mon Wal-Mart, throw the crap out. :frus:

Brainiak76
05-07-2003, 12:42 AM
at least you had a week! a walmart close to me got a case and it went in less then a day!!

its like a lions den with the keepers throwing meat in the den here!! Its really that bad!! You gotta act fast or the new ones are gone w/ the quickness!!

jjreason
05-07-2003, 01:29 AM
I think it's still worth it to peek in on the stores as often as you can - nothing replaces that feeling of finding a huge score of new stuff....man that's great. Hasn't happened to me for way to long, but it's just great. Maybe this summer for us Canadians.

jedibear
05-07-2003, 03:21 AM
the northbay/NorCal area is still BONE DRY for anything new.....

mm74md
05-07-2003, 09:56 AM
Maryland has been pretty decent. This past week has been dry, but all the new waves have been showing up at Wal Mart & Target stores. I haven't had to buy any new 2003 fig online yet. I've got them all at eithe Wal Mart or Target.

Be patient, the will show up soon enough. Remember Ephant Mon? It took me about 4-5 months until I saw him in a store! They will show up!!!

Good luck

CrossWizard
05-07-2003, 03:10 PM
Well my local KB just got a lot of the $7.99 4 packs last night, but the regular figures are still the same old Zams, Teemtos and 3P0s, same goes for Walmart and TRU, except TRU is flooded with Qui Gons, Pilot Jangos and Endor Hans.

Lucky for me my Kebco order with Fett shipped on Monday so I'll have some new figures by the end of the week.

hango fett
05-08-2003, 12:16 PM
thank god! actually, we have had decent luck. we(my father and i) recently found barriss and aayla(sp?)
but i want the speeder bikes! have yet to see them!!rrg!
h

MaxRebo34
05-08-2003, 01:56 PM
The Walmart in Albany had the new Han, Chewie wave, but it was gobbled up in a heartbeat, and they have come cantina set figures but are in real bad condition. anyone in my area have any better luck please let me know

Q