PDA

View Full Version : What is japor?

keith koth
05-02-2003, 04:52 PM
The japor snippet that Anakin gave Padme in EI....what is japor? Is it a type of mineral, a type of metal, a type of wood? What the heck is it?

JediTricks
05-03-2003, 07:35 AM
I was hoping it was fossilized animal dung, how romantic would THAT have been? :D But I believe one of the EU sources said it was a type of wood.

Pendo
05-03-2003, 07:35 AM
Japor is a type of tree. It is the only type of tree that can manage the heat of Tatooine.

PENDO!

keith koth
05-03-2003, 07:04 PM
Does anyone know if a picture exists of a japor tree? Maybe on a decipher card, or maybe in one of the many, many books they have released. I'm curious to see what type of tree they used to model a japor tree from...probably some generic desert scrub. Anyway, if anyone has a picture and could scan it or provide a link, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

jedibear
05-09-2003, 02:52 AM
I wonder if that little snippet will reappear at some point in Episode III...it seemed odd to include it and not have it be significant later...

mini-rock
05-09-2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by jedibear
I wonder if that little snippet will reappear at some point in Episode III...it seemed odd to include it and not have it be significant later...

No doubt, you have to wonder if she even still has it. It would be pretty cool if it showed in EP3.:)

Pendo
05-09-2003, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by jedibear

I was kinda hoping it would be in Episode II :(. I deffo want to see it in Ep3, perhaps Padm wears it after Anakin becomes Darth Vader to never forget the sweet innocent boy he once was :cry:.

PENDO!

Capitan_Moroni
05-10-2003, 05:11 PM
I belive they show the japor snipet and talk about it in the Ep.1 visual dictionary....Its not the whole tree, just the prop, though..

Mandalorian Candidat
05-12-2003, 02:43 PM
Interesting coincidence...

I was watching parts from EP1 last night while hooked up to dvd.starwars.com. I had the website screen commentary going because they alter the content every once-in-a-while. One of the scenes I watched had the japor snippet in it. The "behind the scenes" comment was in the rough cut of the movie Anakin says juniper snippet. I guess it was changed to make it sound more off-wordly.

OK, OK. So it wasn't so interesting after all. ;)

stillakid
05-12-2003, 02:59 PM
Japor is a commonly used container for Midichlorians to habitate in while waiting to hop from one generation to the next.

JediTricks
05-12-2003, 10:13 PM
In the script, it says "japor", and this is the same script that has some differences between itself and the final version.