PDA

View Full Version : Han Solo and Yoda Unleashed Revealed!!

Beast
05-03-2003, 01:06 AM
These pictures from the latest issue of Action Figure News and Toy Review magazine turned up over in another forum, and are making their way across the net. Wanted to post them here, so that we could discuss them a bit. The Han is very very nice, looks just like Harrison Ford and was as rumored, Han on the Falcon's Ramp. Needs some blaster bolts around him though. Yoda looks a bit odd, like crazed Gremlins Yoda, but still pretty cool. I had to cut down the image a bit to fit here, with the 700x700 pixel max upload size. But here ya go. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bobafrett
05-03-2003, 01:08 AM
Thanks JJB, awesome looking Solo. In the Yoda photo it is too hard to see the detail in his face. Going to be on my list to get!

Kidhuman
05-03-2003, 01:22 AM
That Solo looks great. I like it alot. Yoda looks okay. Hard to see in pic though

Beast
05-03-2003, 01:29 AM
Here are larger ones.

Yoda (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=2187)

Han Solo (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=2186&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
05-03-2003, 01:36 AM
Yoda does look pretty cool. Real angry. Good figure. I think his face is the true meaning of unleashed. I like Han better for some reason. I will get both.

Thunderstorm1
05-03-2003, 08:34 AM
Yes Please!

187-Maul
05-03-2003, 08:51 AM
I'm definitly gonna get that Yoda, it goes great with all the other Unleashed figs and is exactly what I had imagined (well, maybe not like that in a jumping pose, but with a lightsaber and a mean look on the face)
the Han is kinda boring IMO, not really to my liking, but the Yoda is a must buy

DewMan37
05-03-2003, 09:36 AM
Hmm, image doesn't work Jar Jar.

BTW, isn't image coding enabled on these boards?

TheDarthVader
05-03-2003, 12:48 PM
Yoda looks kinda hateful in that pose. Han looks real good to me. I was planning on getting the yoda but with that look on his face, I am not so sure. I was hoping for a less "angry" face. I don't remember his face being like that in AOTC. Oh well.

187-Maul
05-03-2003, 02:02 PM
and in case you guys haven't seen this pic, here's the cover of the Toy Review with a close-up of Yoda

Turbowars
05-03-2003, 02:37 PM
Wow Yoda looks great on that cover. I don't know what you guys are complaining about these two look great!

James Boba Fettfield
05-03-2003, 02:40 PM
I like the Yoda without that little blue lightning sticking out of his hand.

LTBasker
05-03-2003, 03:33 PM
I may have to end up getting Han, Yoda looks idiotic though. Psycho Gremlin or something, just not Yoda. I would've rather seen the classic promo image of him on Dagobah with just a sort of scowl on his face with lightning emitting from his hand. Then again at least he isn't pole dancing... :crazed:

Han looks great though, I love the way the ramp was done, instead of just making it a craptacular flat angled piece it's got some nice detail to it.

tagmac
05-03-2003, 04:00 PM
Now we just need an unleashed Chewbacca! THAT would be awesome!!!

Tycho
05-03-2003, 04:08 PM
Unleashed:

Darth Maul - ok. Little sick of Darth Maul stuff. Been alergic to it since 3rd Quarter 1999.

Jango Fett with Boba - cool rain details, nice bounty hunter, Boba's on Amber Alert though.

Anakin Skywalker - one of the best ever Unleashed, kicking that battle droid and with true rage on his face. "You're going to pay for all the Jedi you've killed today!" The 2 lightsaber pose is one collectors are trying to imitate with their 12" Anakin figures! I true favorite.

Padme Amidala - nice figure - but I'm complimenting Natalie Portman who inspired it. The Unleahed is rather held-back. Her lady-likeness is all that does it for this figure. A must have, but moreso if only you're a guy who likes girls.

Darth Vader - great emphasis on Power. Nice job there. I don't think it's the ultimate Vader that could have been Unleashed, but he gets above mediocrity.

Mace Windu - another awesome Unleashed. Here the lightsaber behind the back move is different, though other poses could have been cooler. Yet this pose is authentic from the movie, or at least I think it is. The flaming robes are a sweet touch. A step over most of the others.

Darth Tyranus - great figure as well. His Dark Side Lightning is impressive to say the least. That you can switch his hand for one wielding his signature lightsaber is also very cool. However, with the lightning, he captures the Dark Count at his very best! Dooku's in there with Anakin and Mace.

Princess Leia - pole dancing or not, she's definitely sexy and I can appreciate that. This looks like Carrie Fisher from Fredericks' of Alderaan and I dig it! Again, Leia like her mother, is not "Unleashed." The Bespin Escape version shows Leia in some of her heaviest combat - that or swinging the branch to club the Bikerscout on Endor - that would have been Unleashed to me. Her outfit and the detail to her uh assets make Leia a little bit above mediocrity, so she can hang out with Daddy Darth for the middle-ground.

Darth Vader 2 - redo's bore me. I'll skip it. But the image of the scarred Anakin that has seen far too many battles has grown on me. Right now this is the only one that I don't plan to buy, but I'll not say "never" right now. The right clearance sale could happen I suppose.:rolleyes:

Luke Jedi Knight - sweet! This one reaches Anakin, Mace, and Dooku in quality and I totally dig the pose, the lightsaber slash, etc. Some great Luke Jedi products are finally starting to be made.

Obi-Wan Kenobi - Geonosis Attack - cool, sort of EU like from what happened only in hologram in the movie, because his cloak was never on him during the Arena Battle, but Obi-Wan rocks. I'd hoped for Kamino, but have been pleasantly surprised by this one. Obi-Wan is now one of my favorite characters, so I can hardly wait to add him to my collection.

Han Solo - Sweet! What a hot deal they made of it by adding part of my favorite Star Wars space ship to this Unleashed. Han is Unleashed, though I thought the Freezing Process and the Torture Chair would have been other extreme situations for Solo, as would be the stormtrooper uniform, for something different for Han. However, I'd like more Hans unleashed in the future, so there's time.

Yoda - cool! This is exactly what I'd hoped for. I'm not disappointed to say the least, and I'm really looking forward to this one. Thanks for the images guys!!!

BEST

Anakin
Yoda
Luke
Tyranus
Obi-Wan
Mace

Middle-of-the-Road

Darth Vader
Han Solo
Jango Fett
Princess Leia
Padme Amidala

Forgettable

Darth Maul
Darth Vader 2

Turbowars
05-03-2003, 05:11 PM
In the AOTC, Yoda is all POed just like this Unleashed version. I agree, I would have liked a OT version, because I love the OT, but Yoda did nothing in the OT to be unleashed. I think it's perfect and yeah he looks better without the blue FX thingy. My Slave Leia and Vader are coming in from Kebco, I can't wait.

Brainiak76
05-03-2003, 05:20 PM
i like the yoda!! looks sweet!! the han is cool but doubt im goin spend my $15 on this one!! I cant wait for pics of boba fett unleashed

plasticfetish
05-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Mmmm ... I'm not sure I remember Han's pants being quite that snug looking in any of the movies and what exactly is that clear fluid looking stuff that's trailing behind Yoda? Unleashed juice?

Darth Detori
05-03-2003, 11:21 PM
holy sweet yoda's awesome! I was hoping he'd look like the Death Muppet he was in Episode II.
I don't know about Han though. It's sort of like "hey sexy mama! look at my ramp!"

Hellboy
05-04-2003, 01:12 AM
Han Solo - I'm very impressed with this one. The head sculpt looks great and the pose conveys motion nicely. I agree with JJB that it would look good if some blast effects were added but even without them this looks like it will end up being one of my favorites in the line.

Yoda - Looks great as well and is what I'd expect to see from an Unleashed Yoda. His skin coloring seems a little on the dark side though (no pun intended).

Overall I'm impressed with the direction this line seems to be taking now bring on Boba Fett. :)

BTW Tycho you forgot to mention Darth Sidious in your Unleashed summation. :)

Brainiak76
05-04-2003, 01:17 AM
if only this line was cheaper id buy every single one!!

but i cant shell out $15 plus tax for unleash padme, ani, mace, tyranus!! i really want em but just to expensive!

jpak001
05-04-2003, 01:53 AM
Nice! More great additions to the Unleashed line. I dig 'em both and would buy them in a heartbeat. So far I love the whole line!

Now if only I could find Vader2 and Leia.....

mini-rock
05-04-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by jpak001
Now if only I could find Vader2 and Leia.....

Check out D&S Toy's (http://www.d&stoys.com) . Last I checked they still had some.

As for the new Yoda & Han unleashed, Yoda looks frikkin awesome!! This will be at the top of my display case. Han however is ok. It's not that don't like the pose, it's just I'm a little sick of the same old Luke, Han & Leia figures being released. The Unleashed line managed to pull off a very cool Luke & leia, but Han I feel could have been better. Still, I'm just happy to get more Unleashed figures, and being a completist, I will get both.:)

Tycho
05-04-2003, 03:39 AM
Mini-rock is right in some ways: Han has other more exciting outfits to choose from. The Stormtrooper outfit would have been great for one!

In any case, I think they made each character in a wardrobe change they made themselves famous for:

Han's vest is a trademark Solo-thing. Not many other characters wear a vest.

Leia's slave-girl outfit is definitely her most talked about wardrobe change.

Luke's becoming a Jedi was part of the whole point to his journey.

Obi-Wan and Anakin don't change styles too much. Neither does Mace, Dooku, Maul, Jango, or Vader.

Padme really made some wild changes, but in terms of her fighting forms, the sexiness of the ripped Arena Battle outfit does stand out for her.

I DID FORGET TO MENTION DARTH SIDIOUS (aka Emperor Palpatine).

The Death Star II display base clearly emphasises that this figure is Palpatine from Return of the Jedi - that part is great! The Sith Lord's best moments! His lightning is both wild and awesome, and also sort of reminds me of someone's Chinese-finger-puzzle nightmare. Not sure which. But I think he's up there on the lowest end of the "Best of the Best" figures, perhaps doing just a little bit better than Mace Windu, who is also one of my highest regarded figures.

mini-rock
05-04-2003, 04:18 AM
I agree Tycho that was why Han in his signature vest was used instead of another, but it's just a little old IMO. The pose on Han is ok too, but I can forsee "look at my *** Han" or "runway model Han" used to discribe this fig.:D:p

As for Luke & Leia, the "Jabba's slave" Leia may be the most talked about, but IMO her "buns" from ANH are the most remembered. I agree with you on Luke though. :D

187-Maul
05-04-2003, 09:47 AM
man you guys complain about a price of 15$, I am lucky if I can get them at 20$ !!! usualy they cost about 25-30$ here...

HkChicago
05-05-2003, 12:55 AM
The Han sculpt is the best Unleashed likeness I've seen! And a great return to the big movie bases like Bespin Vader and Jango had. I was really worried about those after the Obi/Luke/Palpy had some small bases. Han is awesome!

Then I saw Yoda... OMFG!!! Except for the disorienting idea of having him block lighting and wield a saber at the same time Yoda Unleashed is the best full body sculpt I've seen for SW. Look at the feet, the hands, the cloth, the facial expression... they're all completely convincing of an angry little green man! Everything is in proportion and his movement looks 100% correct. Realistic physics don't come across well in the Unleashed line, but they nailed it on Yoda!! And I don't even love the guy, this isn't a Yoda bias thing... it's an Unleashed bias thing for me.

I didn't think the Tyrannus Unleashed wuold ever be bested because he is so perfectly on the line of contianed/unleashed... but lose the blue lighting and Yoda is the new #1 unleashed.

This line gets better every release, we've gotta have at least 12 of these next year!

mm74md
05-05-2003, 08:19 AM
They look great....Unleashed are my favorite items in the Star Wars lineup!!!

OC47150
05-05-2003, 10:51 AM
Great sculpt on both of them. That's a different pose for Han, one we normally don't see.

aceguide
05-05-2003, 02:21 PM
These both look great. Han and Yoda are both tremendous sculpts.

I have not had much luck finding any of these past the first waves. Can anyone recommend an online retailer that has not significantly marked up the Unleashed line?

Turbowars
05-05-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by aceguide
These both look great. Han and Yoda are both tremendous sculpts.

I have not had much luck finding any of these past the first waves. Can anyone recommend an online retailer that has not significantly marked up the Unleashed line? Yeah, Kebco. They are selling non mint unleashed for $13.99 and mint for $16.99. My Slave and Redux are on their way.

mm74md
05-06-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by aceguide
Can anyone recommend an online retailer that has not significantly marked up the Unleashed line?

You can also try www.dnstoys.com