PDA

View Full Version : Lucas thought the Cantina sucked?

JediTricks
05-03-2003, 06:40 AM
I've always known that George Lucas was not thrilled with how the cantina came together, but I genuinely didn't know he felt the final sequence that made it to audiences was equally as flawed. In a feature on sw.com about the cantina, one of the early paragraphs mentions this:

Lucas was surprised that the cantina became an audience favorite, since it had always represented compromise and disappointment in his mind. But the skills of Freeborn, Baker, and other makeup artists, along with judicious editing, made the cantina appear much more than the sum of its parts. In 1978, when Kenner Products began making action figures, cantina aliens were high on the wish list. The toymakers began requesting names and details for the many nameless aliens.It's strange to me because as a kid growing up in the late '70s and early '80s, the cantina scene was a mainstay of conversation for quite a while - often more from adults than kids. The cantina sequence made major impact upon a society and truly did something that no film before or after had ever been able to duplicate in terms of creating a rich and full sci-fi environment, it became a staple of cinematic history.

I guess what bugs me most about all this is that Lucas got so much credit for this when clearly he had no faith in it and made it into such a team effort, it's like finding out the lunch lady who always seems to give you a smile and an extra helping of potatoes that made you feel so special secretly hates children with a passion and the schoolboard made her give those extra potatoes... or maybe that's not the best similie. ;)

Beast
05-03-2003, 06:49 AM
I'm not suprised by that, since I swear he's always commented that the Cantina was lackluster compared to what he had in mind. The original version was even worse, thankfully they did reshoots for it.

But I know he was unhappy having to re-use masks from other films and sources to add some diversity to the cantina. That's why Lak Sivrak got the axe for the S.E. Since the mask was a borrowed wolfman mask from Baker, if I recall correctly.

So I would have to agree with that paragraph. Other then the skills of Freeborn, Baker, etc. and the editing and lighting featured in the Cantina scenes, it is a pretty boring set peice.

It's only truely visually intresting, as long as you don't focus on all the boring human characters that are background dressing. So the fact so many fell in love with it, is a major indication how important those things are to the movie. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
05-03-2003, 05:19 PM
I believe that Lucas was trying to make serious science fiction at one point. His early drafts of ANH suggest this. But then he sort of sidestepped that and went for the sight gags and the trite quips in the dialogue. The cantina was obviously intended to show the diversity of the galaxy as was mos Eisley but clearly budget didn't allow that, hence the rebuilding of the location in CG for the SE. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the cantina digitally enhanced even further with more bizarre aliens or aliens from areas of the other movies. But frankly, if we're going to talk about dull unrealistic environments we should look at the Outlander club which although bright and colorful has to be one the most boring segments of movie ever commited to the screen. I really have a major problem accepting the Outlander club as a believable environment. The sense of danger and intrigue that the editing in the cantina sequence provides feels right, the dank dingey atmosphere, the sideways glances and menacing sneers from the patrons makes you think it really is a place to watch your back. I still hate the music from that scene but I guess that'll never change.
In contrast, the Outlander sequence is lacklustre, bland, lacks atmospherics and just doesn't play out as a gambling establishment. No-one looks like they're in a club, no-one is animated Hayden waves to lucas' daughter for god's sake and it just feels like they were simply marking the scene through and then used the footage from a rehearsal. Zam creeping up on Obi is just so not like a bounty hunter there's absolutely no sense of danger or suspense like you got in the original cantina where the lightsaber work of Kenobi really took you by surprise. The cantina is vastly superior cinematicaly to the Outlander scenes. The cantina is indelibly stamped on the face of cinematic history whereas the Outlander club sequence is instantly forgetable.
Lucas really does appear more and more clueless as i learn more about him and his ideas of what works and what doesn't. He really is only bolstered by the talent that works around him. If he didn't have such a great production team and staff he'd be nobody. Lucas isn't talented his team are.

mini-rock
05-03-2003, 11:03 PM
....and he's not the only one. I never really cared for the Cantina scene, and the only thing that helped me sit through that was knowing that Han was going to shoot Greedo under the table. IMO from when Ben points out Mos Eisley to the departure on the Millenium Falcon was one big giant boring mess. There were some little bits and pieces that were ok inbetween that, not as cool as an alien chick in a thong :D, but still ok anyway. The OT is old, zombie like compared to the prequels, so the more GL does with CG to Mos Eisley and the Cantina the better, again IMO.:)

stillakid
05-04-2003, 01:28 AM
Jargo hit the nail on the head when he commented about how the Cantina showed the diversity in the Universe. Up until that time, no film had ever shown such a thing. Perhaps written sci-fi had touched on it, but to the larger mass audience, it was a new way of looking at the idea of extraterrestial life. So with that in mind, it's really no surprise at all that the Cantina sequence resonated so profoundly then and still is remembered fondly now. The same really goes for the whole "look" (used Universe) as well.

Anyone who is younger and was treated to later sci-fi offerings first, naturally wouldn't understand. Context (time, culture, etc) is very important to consider when discussing the why's and why not's of popularity.

That said, the entire concept of the Cantina was new and interesting, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the details that went into making it a whole were free of problems. Certainly, as has been pointed out, many of the masks and costumes were just plain cheap and cheesy. Given more resources, it's nice that some non-plot related visuals can be improved where applicable. I'd like to believe that this is where George is going with that comment. He understands that people love the concept, but at the same time wants to fix some of the individual pieces to smooth out the rough spots.

RussUAE
05-04-2003, 06:04 AM
I read somewhere how Lucas was pleased to be able to go back to Tatooine for ROTJ, and he said that Jabba's Palace was much mroe how he'd planned the cantina to be, with all the aliens and music etc.

So he was happy eventually.

I didn't know they had removed Lak Sivrak from the SE, that is diappointing - did they remove any others?

scruffziller
05-04-2003, 11:37 AM
Lucas just needs to listen to his fans.

LTBasker
05-04-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by RussUAE
I didn't know they had removed Lak Sivrak from the SE, that is diappointing - did they remove any others?

Yeah he was replaced by the dumb looking Ketwol. I liked Lak Sivrak better, I mean you've got humans and you've got Wookiees, why not a sorta mix between the two?

If Lucas is gonna change the Cantina into a later version of the Outlander club, well I definitely won't be getting the archival editions. There has been no movie that has matched that scene in the Cantina, you have all these species but none are actually spotlighted. They just happen to be in the scene, theres not funkular explanations on their backstories, and they don't look like were put there just to show them off. Then you have the Outlander Club, which is more like Rich and Famous Club.

Edit: just noticed I put "but" where I meant to put "not"

JediTricks
05-04-2003, 09:59 PM
Jargo, you make a good point about the stark contrasts between the Outlander Club and the Cantina. It's funny because in the article I referred to, they drew similarities between the 2. I disagree with ya about the Cantina's music though, I think it's great and very otherworldly.

Stilla, do you think parts of the cantina seem threadbare and cheap, and if so, which? I always found the scene to be rich and believable myself, the wolfman mask never bothered me... wait, I just remembered, there is 1 thing that still bothers me to this day - Lucas even left it in the SE - dang old Ima Sockpuppet, er, Dice Ibegon. I just hate that thing, looks like a bleeding sock on someone's arm, even the bend in it looks fake.

Originally posted by scruffziller
Lucas just needs to listen to his fans. I disagree with that actually. While I think many of the fans have great points of view and lots of imagination, I think Lucas really doesn't need such a heavy, non-focused viewpoint hovering around him this way. However, I do think that Lucas needs to bring in more talented people to the production (producers, writers, artists, etc.) that are willing to stand up to Lucas and challenge him to do better - I don't think the people he has around him now do that nearly enough, especially McCallum.

Jargo
05-04-2003, 11:07 PM
It's the steel drum band in the mix of the cantina music that does it for me. and the fact that it's too Jazzy. I would have used instruments and melodies from the traditional native Tunisians and just shoved a beat on it and then chopped up the phrases and re-ordered them. and possibly played the whole thing backwards with an overdub of percussion. That whole Jazz theme to the cantina is bad. Sure it's inseperable from the sequence now but it isn't alien enough. It's too grounded in earthly music.
I mean one of my favourite pieces of music from SW is the bits from Mos Espa. The street band and the other one that wasn't used. Totally other worldly and believable. The Modal Nodes are too cutesy cutesy. it needed to be more sombre and more spikey and weird. Less cheesey.

The cantina creature I'd get rid of is the giant rat in a Jawa outfit. Just looks wrong like it's a refugee from The rats of Nimh or something. Like it failed the audition for tThe rescuers and stumbled into a job as an extra instead. It's just too earthly again. Even Kabe (Tink) is a bit crap but Kabe works somehow because the little person in the suit gave it a certain amount of character. The rat is just a guy in a mask looking like he's just marking time until the pay packet at the end of the day. So I'd ditch the Rat and add in a Nikto or one of the other better aliens instead. And redo Hem dazon so you get to see the whole character. I think that's one occasion where CG would be useful. Not in creating a cartoon body but in pasting a real actors body in with a super imposed CG head of the Arcona. And i'd like to see the big jellyfish alien that ron Cobb designed added in too. Just casual and suppin' on a beer or whatever. There's loads of room in some of the shots to get him in there. WE have the means to achieve some of the aliens now so why not add in what was intended originally? I'm all for addeing in the better stuff and removing the bits that didn't work. It won't hurt to alter the background just a tad as long as the main characters and the structure of the scene isn't changed. And as long as they fix that bloody Greedo shooting thing. Lucas is wrong. dead wrong on that.

AdmiralPiett
05-05-2003, 01:57 AM
I read the article and was looking over the pictures and it left me wondering: What's the difference between the Saurins (Sai'torr and Hrchek Kal Fas' species) and the Trandoshans (Bossk's species)? They look identical!
Piett

Jargo
05-05-2003, 03:48 PM
The saurins are smaller and apparently don't have reptillian feet. We see only one trandoshan in the whole saga but we see three Saurin. The two in the cantina and the one in Jabba's palace. The masks used are the same apart from Bossk having reptillian eyes and the others having pure black eyes. Only Bossk has the feet and only bossk is tall. Other than that i can see no difference other than in basic character traits. The Trandoshan are depicted as aggresive and belligerent and the Saurin appear more timid and shifty. More opprtunistic. I'd say we have a gene split away from each other thing going on like the Duro and Neimoidian one. We also have the same thing happening with the other aliens in the saga like the different colored Nikto being from different parts of their homeworld, the aqualish looking different, some with four eyes and mandible like tusks and some with two eyes and softer tusks. We have different looking Bith and Weequay. I guess it's just echoing nature anywhere where you get similar looking variants of species. Hell even the humans in SW are all different variants of the same species how clever is that? :p

I jest but I can't think of any other reason why they'd be different. The Trandoshan are high mountains dwellers and rough as a bears backside and the Saurin inhabit the lower plains and have a more civillised society perhaps. Without the need to hunt they have no need of a super huge body and strength having found trading to be a more effective way of life and therefore have evolved to be a smaller more slender sub-species. Their feet have shrunk as they don't clinb trees or need to be able to run fast over rocky terrain so they adopted the habits of other species for wearing footwear which helps them blend into polite society.
Hey i'm just making this up, does it sound plausible?

JediTricks
05-05-2003, 09:07 PM
Don't forget that it's darker down there on the lower plains which is the reasoning for the eyes being different.

Very plausible and well-thought-out Jargo. Now explain why Bossk is wearing BoShek's spacesuit. :D

Jargo
05-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Well, perhaps it's from a bounty he caught and kept it as a trophy. He doesn't wear the boots of the lower arms so obviously it's modified. Can't be for space faring reasons or he'd need some sort of pressurised add ons. perhaps it's a confy jumpsuit with mobility in mind for hunting and again it allows him to blend in more with other species. Although why all these bounty hunters wear such bright colors is quite beyond me as far as incognito tracking goes. Only Zuckuss seems to have anything that would allow him to blend away into the landscape or background. Bossk chooses to wear white and yellow. His suit isn't quite made for him but more stretched around him. It's missing bits. Serves no real purpose. It can only be something taken from a great bounty hunt. And it's not Bo'Shek's because of course that suit was black. but i take your meaning. In fact Bo'Shek's suit is worn by another human in jabba's palace. Here he is sitting pretty in a shot I don't believe is in the movie now but probably from a discarded alternate angle of a shot we do get of yarna and the aliens as Threepio and R2 are brought before Jabba. :)

JediTricks
05-05-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Can't be for space faring reasons or he'd need some sort of pressurised add ons. If you mean a helmet, then probably, yeah (though it's possible he can go for long periods without oxygen, some species are capable of living in a vacuum for hours). However, if you mean gloves and boots, then I disagree -- if the seal around the arms and legs is tight enough, even a human can wear a spacesuit without gloves and boots in a vacuum, some capillaries in the exposed skin will burst but it's nothing major. The real threat is the absence of temperature. Perhaps Bossk's body is capable of not needing gloves.

Besides, Luke's pilot uniform has removable gloves, maybe Bossk just leaves the gloves and boots in his ship.

I meant it was BoShek's in the BTS meaning, not the on-screen meaning, but you take my meaning. ;)

Do you have any other shots of that guy? I've never seen him before, but I can't quite make out if his outfit is actually like BoShek's or not beyond the color similarities.

AdmiralPiett
05-05-2003, 11:05 PM
I think those are just generic pilot outfits. I have no idea what the cross on Boshek and Bossk's suits is for though (any ideas?). Maybe Luke has one on his suit too but it's covered by that reflector vest.
Piett

Jargo
05-06-2003, 09:20 AM
I got the picture from my Yarna collection. As far as I can tell it's the only pic but decipher may have a card with him on. They seem to have exalted all the extras and then some. I now find it hard to work out if a picture is an actual real deep background extra or just some mocked up pic. I think they've actually worked hard at muddying the scene beyond comprehension. I'll dig around a bit through all my books and stuff and see if i can find him. I may be wrong with this guy of course and as always I'm prepared to admit that. It does indeed seem to be a generic humanoid spacesuit though as there are others wearing the same in the cantina. Light gray and white suits on the far side of the bar. Of course were the OT on DVD we could see clearly on super freeze frame. The character some call Danz Borin and others call cantina dude wears similar IIRC. This shot while grainy shows the spacers in the background and the one with his back to us wears the same style of space suit.

On the subject of Bossk in space, being reptillian he'd need a serious solarium to keep him warm. He could deal with the cold but he'd basically not be able to move around. Think of any Lizard and you'll remember that they bask in the sun to collect heat that they need to survive. Perhaps Bosk wears the suit as a heater to enable him to move freely in the coldness of space? He's got to be cold blooded so that's my theory right now :) I guess that's why they end up on tatooine because it's a good place for them to get the sun.

stillakid
05-07-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks

Stilla, do you think parts of the cantina seem threadbare and cheap, and if so, which? I always found the scene to be rich and believable myself, the wolfman mask never bothered me... wait, I just remembered, there is 1 thing that still bothers me to this day - Lucas even left it in the SE - dang old Ima Sockpuppet, er, Dice Ibegon. I just hate that thing, looks like a bleeding sock on someone's arm, even the bend in it looks fake.

Honestly, I'm with you. I've never minded the original cut of the Cantina one bit. While a couple of the creatures may have looked slightly, uh, phony in hindsight, I was never "bothered" by any of it really. I can see why Lucas might have had issues though, so it's not a surprise that some things were changed.

Lucas's old style was not to showoff the sets, models, and creatures so we didn't get as good a look at many of the details as I wish we could see. But the overall flavor of the visuals combined with the music and action told the story that needed to be told. No complaints. :)

In the same way, I wish I could have seen more detail in Jabba's Palace, but he only showed what was necessary to tell the story well.

In contrast, the Prequels and elements of the Special Editions have departed from that philosophy with the prominent "milking" of the visuals. While the audience might want to see more, part of the art and skill of storytelling is in exercising self-control and not throwing all the cards out on the table. The background details that haven't been tucked away are few and far between.

JediTricks
05-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Hmm, maybe I should look in my SW Chronicles book for mr ROTJ space suit there - I've never noticed him before in it but there is SO MUCH that they've put into that book from that sequence that it's easy to miss one little thing.

That's a crazy photo, I didn't realize how claustrophobic the cantina set really was until now - it looks like a lot of background characters were cut from the final film.

I thought about Bossk being a cold-blooded reptile in space, but he's an evolved reptile so perhaps their bodies can generate internal heat within muscles or something. But if your theory that he's still cold-blooded is accurate, then I guess it could be the "gloves and boots" theory still. :D

Stilla, I think Lucas is/was bothered by things like the cantina and ANH Jabba (pre-SE) because he's too close to these things and invests too much of himself in them. I notice he never pines for the return of Lil' Flash Gordon though, so maybe it's not him that tries to keep from milking any background element too much.

I always felt there was too much crammed into Jabba's Palace, but I'm not sure who ACTUALLY directed and filmed that scene since I've heard rumors that Lucas took the reins from Marquand all the time with ROTJ.

I agree with you on the prequels and SEs milking that little stuff, as soon as I read that I thought of that alien in Ep 2 who yells "What the?!?" when Obi-Wan is flying by on the assassin droid. Then I thought of Fett mugging for the camera in ANH and that pretty much solidified that. Either it's Lucas or McCallum.

I don't know that it's always the case where the background details are never tucked away though, I think in many cases since '97 it's that there are simply too many elements back there and someone (Lucas, McCallum, Burtt as editor) gets overwhelmed or too excited about it all.

Jargo
05-08-2003, 06:42 AM
I have a beef with all the in-jokes in the prequels. Sure they were there in the OT but they were well hidden so they weren't distracting and only the crew knew about them. With the prequels you get stupid onscreen stuff intruding like the dumb Ratts Tyerell family with the pod racer toys and stuff. It's like every single member of the crew is vying to jemmy in some signature gaff or 'funny' moment and it just isn't funny. Certainly ben Burrt is doing it with sound. I understand that it must come from boredom with the project. It's two hours in a theater for us but years and years of work for them. But it's not forgivable that these things end up in the final cut. I for one would rather they ditched the crass humour and took the subject matter more seriously. I'd rather see serious science fantasy with depth than good looking mess about stuff. And what's with the sound levels on these movies? the OT was perfectly balanced and you could hear all the dialogue, I have real trouble catching half the dialogue in the PT because the music is so loud and intrusive.
I personally think that Lucas et al have been treading water with the first two movies waiting to get to the main fight. The big ding **** between Kenobi and Skywalker. I think the final prequel is what it's all been about. But what does it matter anyway since Lucas will mess with all the movies until they're unregognisable as the movies we saw at the theater. By the time he's finished there'll be stuff from the OT slapped into the prequels and stuff from the prequels slapped into the OT to make them gel as one long 'saga'. It'll all change. Coincidences are going to be contrived to fit. Chewbacca in episode three? my my.... :rolleyes:

stillakid
05-10-2003, 10:30 PM
I have a beef with all the in-jokes in the prequels. Sure they were there in the OT but they were well hidden so they weren't distracting and only the crew knew about them. With the prequels you get stupid onscreen stuff intruding like the dumb Ratts Tyerell family with the pod racer toys and stuff. It's like every single member of the crew is vying to jemmy in some signature gaff or 'funny' moment and it just isn't funny. Certainly ben Burrt is doing it with sound. I understand that it must come from boredom with the project. It's two hours in a theater for us but years and years of work for them. But it's not forgivable that these things end up in the final cut. I for one would rather they ditched the crass humour and took the subject matter more seriously. I'd rather see serious science fantasy with depth than good looking mess about stuff. And what's with the sound levels on these movies? the OT was perfectly balanced and you could hear all the dialogue, I have real trouble catching half the dialogue in the PT because the music is so loud and intrusive.
I personally think that Lucas et al have been treading water with the first two movies waiting to get to the main fight. The big ding **** between Kenobi and Skywalker. I think the final prequel is what it's all been about. But what does it matter anyway since Lucas will mess with all the movies until they're unregognisable as the movies we saw at the theater. By the time he's finished there'll be stuff from the OT slapped into the prequels and stuff from the prequels slapped into the OT to make them gel as one long 'saga'. It'll all change. Coincidences are going to be contrived to fit. Chewbacca in episode three? my my.... :rolleyes:

You're starting to sound like me! :eek: or :cool:

mini-rock
05-17-2003, 12:21 AM
I watched part of ANH today, and I say "part of" b/c just shortly after the cantina scene I turned it off. It's just too....I dunno...crappy. I see why GL wasn't happy with those rubber masks (:p) though. May have worked back in '77, but they just look horrible next to todays films IMO.

Jargo
05-19-2003, 10:38 AM
Yeah, that's why the background aliens in TPM and AOTC still wore rubber masks. :rolleyes:

stillakid
05-19-2003, 12:16 PM
Yeah, that's why the background aliens in TPM and AOTC still wore rubber masks. :rolleyes:

:cool:

mini-rock
05-19-2003, 01:52 PM

Exactly my point. The masks in TPM and AOTC were better done and look more real. The ones used in ANH look like something you'd find in the $1.99 bin at Walmart for holloween. Just horrible IMO.

BTW EJ, don't take this stuff personally. This is not an attack on you, I'm just stating my opinion of the Cantina scene, so there is no need for :rolleyes: dude.:)

2-1B
02-17-2008, 01:14 PM
That ghost faced guy whom they recently made a figure of still holds up to this day, well until 1996 at least when they used it for Scream. :thumbsup:

Slicker
02-18-2008, 12:56 AM
That ghost faced guy whom they recently made a figure of still holds up to this day, well until 1996 at least when they used it for Scream. :thumbsup:
His name's Elis Helrot. Rookie...

2-1B
02-18-2008, 07:29 AM
I bet if Kenner did him back in the day, he's be called Skull F**k or something similarly cool like Walrus Man or Hammer Head...instead Hasbro uses the lame name Elis Helrot. :rolleyes:

Definitely not thumbworthy. :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
02-18-2008, 12:25 PM
That ghost faced guy whom they recently made a figure of still holds up to this day, well until 1996 at least when they used it for Scream. :thumbsup:Ghost Faced Killa was in the movie? And I thought the rumor of N*Sync in AOTC was wack (wack is bad, right? :yes: ).

bigbarada
02-18-2008, 02:01 PM
I bet if Kenner did him back in the day, he's be called Skull F**k or something similarly cool like Walrus Man or Hammer Head...instead Hasbro uses the lame name Elis Helrot. :rolleyes:

Definitely not thumbworthy. :thumbsup:

It would have been awesome if they had made all those figures in the vintage line, because then we'd get cool names for the aliens and not the G'en-eri'k EU names.

Skull Face
Yam Nose
Goggle Eyes
Longsnoot
Cyclops
Hyena Man
Weird Girl

Now THOSE are Star Wars names.:thumbsup:

Anyways, who cares if Lucas liked the scene or not? The impact it's had on our culture since 1977 is unmistakable and unrepeatable.

ILM was working with a miniscule budget, limited time and a mask maker who had gotten horribly ill and put everything way behind schedule. The fact that they were able to put together a scene that resonated with so many people is just pure genius mixed in with a little bit of luck. It's movie history, everything that's followed has just been a pale imitation.

Sure Jabba's Palace and the Coruscant Nightclub had better special effects, but combined they didn't have one tenth of the impact that the original "Star Wars Bar" had. The Coruscant Nightclub hasn't even had one-tenth the impact of Jabba's Palace. The audience forgot that place even existed as soon and Obi-Wan and Anakin stepped outside.

TeeEye7
02-18-2008, 02:53 PM
I bet if Kenner did him back in the day, he's be called Skull F**k or something...

Don't give G.Lu any ideas! Next, he'll be coming out with the ASE* versions of the OT!

*Adult Special Editions

bobafrett
02-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Anyways, who cares if Lucas liked the scene or not? The impact it's had on our culture since 1977 is unmistakable and unrepeatable.

ILM was working with a miniscule budget, limited time and a mask maker who had gotten horribly ill and put everything way behind schedule. The fact that they were able to put together a scene that resonated with so many people is just pure genius mixed in with a little bit of luck. It's movie history, everything that's followed has just been a pale imitation.

Sure Jabba's Palace and the Coruscant Nightclub had better special effects, but combined they didn't have one tenth of the impact that the original "Star Wars Bar" had. The Coruscant Nightclub hasn't even had one-tenth the impact of Jabba's Palace. The audience forgot that place even existed as soon and Obi-Wan and Anakin stepped outside.

I agree, I remember much more what happened inside the cantina, Solo shooting Greedo, the cofontaion between Luke and Walrus man and the Doctor, the conversation between Han, Luke Obi-Wan, the Sandtroopers, the cantina band. The only thing I remember about the bar scene in AOTC is the "Wanna buy some death sticks?" line.

2-1B
02-19-2008, 08:12 PM
and Lil' Lucas eye f***ing Ani.