PDA

View Full Version : What is this?

Thunderstorm1
05-03-2003, 08:31 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew what this might be?

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008YSRV/qid=1051968147/sr=1-15/ref=sr_1_15/103-1432596-0063851?v=glance&s=toys

It is listed as Star Wars Lightsaber Bonus Pack w/Three Star Wars Figures:confused: :confused: :confused:

Any help is appreciated

Sentinel18725
05-03-2003, 09:37 AM
I don't really know, intrigued though. How about a package with the little lightsaber fighter guys like from e1 (Obi, Maul, Qui).....:) I'm sure hasbro has some of those gems sitting around that they could repackage...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-03-2003, 11:27 AM
Curious . . . very curious. I wonder?????????

Beast
05-03-2003, 11:49 AM
I read about this a while ago over at Galactic Hunter. Basically I believe it was one of those non-electronic Hasbro Lightsabers with 3 peg-warming figures in one box. There was a pic, I'll see if I can find it. And of course, GH's site is down right now. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
05-03-2003, 12:09 PM
So it is basically bunk?

bobafrett
05-04-2003, 01:07 AM
I saw these today at my local KB store. I thought it was a cool way to get rid of some of the pegwarmers and the lightsabers. They retailed for $19.99 at the store I found them at.

Dr Zoltar
05-04-2003, 03:25 AM
I too saw them at KB today. A cool little gimmick for a child that wants a light saber and 3 figs to play with. But beyond that, not really a great deal.

Beast
05-04-2003, 02:27 PM
My bad, they actually are the electronic lightsabers. So I guess it is a pretty good deal. :)

UPDATE: Kay Bee Lightsaber Bundle

Dave: Reports are coming in on a new Kay Bee Toys exclusive. Much like the four packs that have been around for the past few months, the new packs consist of three figures and Electronic Lightsaber. Unlike the previous sets, these new exclusives are sporting popular figures in place of peg warmers. So far the blue, green, and orange sabers have turned up, with the retail of $19.99 each. As of yet, there have been no reports of the character specific lightsabers in these packs.

UPDATE: Reports are in of character specific sabers being spotted.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Banthaholic
05-04-2003, 10:11 PM
Here's a few pictures.
www.gal*ctichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=1186&zoneid=2

Banthaholic
05-04-2003, 10:17 PM
I forgot SSG, wouldn't link to GH, so here's the pic from their site, ot you can follow the above link and just change the * to an a

Jargo
05-04-2003, 10:31 PM
I'm seeing re-packaged surplus figures and sabers - with added cheeeeeeez and pointlessness. Those figures hung around for so long on pegs that any kids who wanted them got them and aren't going to want a dooku or yoda or han endor. Or pretty much any of the figures available with the packs. And anyone who bought the four packs of surplus figures re-packaged and resold won't really want these either unless people have more money than sense and simply must have an item every single bloody time it's released and re-released and re-released and regurgitated and recarded and vomited out again and again ad infinitum. Can't hasbro get it through their thick skulls that if the damn things don't sell first time round repackaging them isn't going to shift them second time either. The blurb muttered something about clearing pegs fr newer stock to come through and now they reclog the pegs with the same crap they just took away? These people have playdoh for brains. Why the frick doesn't hasbro have a report drought of figures form on their website so people in figure poor areas can report the stuff they haven't seen and then hasbro can ship the surplus stock to the areas that need it and improve and even out their distribution rather than flooding certain areas with stuff and leaving others dry. But organising distribution would necessitate intelligence and they'd have to pay staff more if the staff could think for themselves. Jeez the bosses of hasbro still think Mr. frickin potato head is cutting edge toy heaven. Hell hasbro wake up and step into the present. We are not stuck in a 1950's time warp here. No-one wants a stupid packet of badly made bits of plastic to shove into a frickin potato. Wow, once you stuck the face on the potato what can it do? How is this stimulating for kids? And you're basing the whole push and drive of your company on the sales from this antiquated relic of a toy huh? Well it's no damn frickin surprise you couldn't organise a pee-up in a brewery then.
Just cut kenner free will you and do us all a frickin favour.

Ugh, bad day at the office. :rolleyes: sorry for the rant.

Beast
05-04-2003, 10:38 PM
Depends Jargo, some people wait for the lightsabers to go on sale before the buy them. So if they wanted a lightsaber for $20.00, this way they can get three figures for basically free as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jjreason
05-05-2003, 12:26 AM
Rant rating: a good, solid 9.2 on the Jargo scale. Searing, emotional, disgusted..... well done, Sir.

As far as the packs go, cast your "vote" by buying or not buying. My guess is that many, many, many people will be not buying. Taun We still sucks, even with a lightsaber in the box.

Mike Troxell
05-05-2003, 02:27 PM
Hmmmm...I hope they have a better selection than Yoda, Han, and Dooku...these are the same figures that have been festering at my Kay-Bee in those four packs for the last few months. Once they have something released after the Tusken with Massiff from late 2002, I'll buy them. That's the newest figure I've found.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-05-2003, 04:17 PM
Hopefully, I can find one with an orange or green saber, and maybe some army building figures. Then I keep the saber, and return any crappy figures to a Wal-Mart in the middle of nowhere. :D