PDA

View Full Version : 6 inch Destroyer Droid custom

187-Maul
05-04-2003, 11:06 AM
I had the POTJ 6" Destroyer Droid for quite some time now, but I always hated the accuracy level, cause Hasbro totally screwed it up (the head was wrong, the arms were hanging down, the whole upper body drooped down etc) so I finally decided to "improve" him a bit:
1: I removed the connection piece between the upper torso and the arms, so that the arms are higher and more accurate
2: I put a clear rubber band from the head to the behind leg so the body stays up and doesn't droop down
3: I put the "third eye" higher, cause it was also kinda hanging down (put it in hot water, held it up and "freezed" it in cold water)
4: I cut off the other two "eyes", made longer ones and glued them both closer to the middle (more like in the movie)

feel free to comment:)

187-Maul
05-04-2003, 11:07 AM
and a pic from the side

DewMan37
05-04-2003, 10:27 PM
Looks awesome. :)

Is there any way you could take a pic of it next to a stock one, or post a pic of a regular one, or something?

187-Maul
05-05-2003, 09:05 AM
well I forgot to take a pic of it before I customized it, but I can look if the sirsteve archive has a pic of the original, then I'll post it for comparison
BTW, thanx for the nice comment:)

187-Maul
05-05-2003, 09:32 AM
ok, I made a comparison pic (with the boxed pic from the SSG archive) and I *tried* to show what I changed, hope you understand the arrows etc.:)

DewMan37
05-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Wow dude, nice work, looks great. :) :) I wish I could do stuff like this...