PDA

View Full Version : Who is SICK of Madonna?

Deoxyribonucleic
05-04-2003, 11:41 AM
I'm just curious to see if the star wars community (us of course) feels any different about THIS person, than the average poopulous?

I myself am SICK of seeing her anywhere and everywhere and wish that she would fade into obscurity!

Not that I don't like her, I'm sure she's a perfectly nice human being :rolleyes:

:Pirate: :zzz:

kool-aid killer
05-04-2003, 11:50 AM
Im tired of her too. I think that the only reason she is popular is because of the image that she started out with. I dont hate her i just kind of wonder what the peoples who do follow her see that i dont. But dont worry Deoxtubularnuclearreactor, she will fade away in a few months or so until her next cd comes out and then she will be "in" again.

James Boba Fettfield
05-04-2003, 12:14 PM
I never see her on tv and I never hear her music. Last time I saw anything to do with her was when I saw Die Another Day. Maybe if I saw her more I would be sick of her.

Kidhuman
05-04-2003, 12:44 PM
I am sick of seeing her gap toothed mug all over the place. SHe needs to go away and saty there.

Kidhuman
05-04-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by kool-aid killer
Deoxtubularnuclearreactor

LMAO

2-1B
05-04-2003, 12:50 PM
She needs to publish another book. ;)

keith koth
05-04-2003, 01:23 PM
I can't say that I am sick of Madonna, but only because I don't see or hear her that much. However, I believe that her 15 minutes was up like back in the late 1980's, but she just keeps on going...and going...and going...

Who am I sick of? Let's see:

The Olsen twins, Christina Agularia, Brittney Spears, NSYNC (esp. J. Timberlake), Oprah and Dr. Phil...these people's voices and faces seem to be every where I go...it just makes me sick how the entertainment industry continues to "pimp out" these less than talanted individuals to main stream America.

EricRG
05-04-2003, 02:40 PM
I will never be sick of Madonna.

Jargo
05-04-2003, 07:13 PM
Het, at least you got rid of her in the sense that she now lives over here. Isn't a day goes by without her or the barrow boy she married being plastered on the newspapers and gossip peddlars publications. I admire her tenacity as a single minded entertainer and businesswoman but I do get sick of the publicity machine that pushes her into our daily lives constantly.

JediTricks
05-04-2003, 07:56 PM
I'm not sick of her, but I am quite tired of her, especially her latest "music". I'm sorry, but that garbage she made for the most recent Bond film was utterly intolerable. And her latest promotional tour seems to be even more pathetically out of steam right out of the gate than ever before - I have no interest in her electronica/beginner's acoustic guitar album, and I certainly have no interest in her as a celebrity.

DarthBrandon
05-04-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I'm not sick of her, but I am quite tired of her, especially her latest "music". I'm sorry, but that garbage she made for the most recent Bond film was utterly intolerable. And her latest promotional tour seems to be even more pathetically out of steam right out of the gate than ever before - I have no interest in her electronica/beginner's acoustic guitar album, and I certainly have no interest in her as a celebrity.

Amen to that JT, I guess I'm not the only one who feels that way.:D

InsaneJediGirl
05-04-2003, 08:39 PM
Not sick of her,just tired of her as well.Madonna,in my opinion,hasnt made any great music since the 80s.The recent stuff(Bond&American Life) is just cruddy,its more teeny-pop than Madonna.

DewMan37
05-04-2003, 10:30 PM
I'm sick of all celebs, to be honest with you...can't really stand em..they can have whatever they want, and most of em didn't even finish high school. o_O Something doesn't add up to me...

Darth Jax
05-05-2003, 12:17 AM
haven't liked any movie she's been in. haven't liked any of her songs since the 80's. her turn at bubble gum pop (american pie) and electronica are especially disappointing. with her recent surge in media coverage all the more reason for her to stay in england.

QLD
05-05-2003, 01:27 AM
I'm not sick of her.

Though my wife and I are very big fans.

I haven't liked her last two songs, but in gerneral, I am a fan of every one of her alblums from "Madonna" to "Music". I prefer her older stuff, and the Immaculate Collection is probably the most listened to CD in my collection.

However, I also like all of her alblums from the 90's as well. In fact, my favorite song by her is "Rain", from the "Erotica" alblum.

And at my recent wedding, our first dance was to Crazy For You.

As far as Madonna the person, well, I admire her for doing what she wants. She has never done anything terribly wrong, and the worst of her behavior is either inappropriate speech, or being a slut. Neither is a big enough deal to make me not like her music.

Anyway, to answer, no, I'm not sick of her. I am just worried that all of her music will be of the quality of her last two songs.

Patient Zero
05-05-2003, 03:32 AM
Don't even get me started on that no talent, pompus, hypocritical hack! Someone should shove her and Courtney 'Hole' into a small metal box with no food and very little electricity until they are drowning in each other's excrament and then they will know how they have made the general public feel.

Tonysmo
05-05-2003, 04:24 AM
wow.. Jonna.. easy... Think back... back to the 80's.. back to the lacy bra over the shirt material girl.... the black crap under eyes, and the glitter... You can't possibly tell me that you dont think she looks MUCH better now. ok, well IMO I think she has.

I mean - seriously.. that last two vids.. at least the ones Ive seen.. SMO - KIN.. I think she looks great.

( you may proceed to trash me in the next few posts! )

Patient Zero
05-05-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Tonysmo
( you may proceed to trash me in the next few posts! )

Why in the world would I do that? All of these things are just opinions and have no intrinsic truth unto themselves. I wasn't talking about her appearence anyway and I wasn't even talking about her in the 80s; I am judging my thoughts on the egotistical and hypocritical statements that she has made to the media over the past decade.

Or perhaps I am just completely off and she reminds me of one of my evil and insane ex's. :Pirate: rrrrrrrrr!!!

DewMan37
05-05-2003, 05:47 PM
I take it none heard about her wearing a lamb fetus coat....

QLD
05-05-2003, 05:53 PM
mmmm....lamb fetus.

Arrogant Arse
05-07-2003, 10:25 AM
I AM really sick of Madonna, and her music. I don't give a c*@p about her or anthing she does. If I knew she was drowding, I would not lent a hand.

The Overlord Returns
05-07-2003, 01:21 PM
Yes, I am very sick of Madonna.....I really wish she would stop making her picture appear in tortillas throughout Mexico.

scruffziller
05-08-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Arrogant Arse
I AM really sick of Madonna, and her music. I don't give a c*@p about her or anthing she does. If I knew she was drowding, I would not lent a hand.

DITTO!!!!!

Jargo
05-08-2003, 06:19 PM
I'm sick of her now, if I've told her once I've told her a million squillion times STOP PHONING MY HOUSE! Leave me alone you psycho witch, I do not want you to have my babies and i do not want to make a dirty video with you. It's not funny and the courts have told you time and time again that you aren't allowed within ten miles of me. Now stop it and go back to guy ritchie. Leave me alone you madwoman!!

EricRG
05-09-2003, 02:14 AM
Long live Madonna! But if she were drowning (or drowding for that matter) I wouldn't help her either. After all I cannot swim! But if she were say, on fire, I think I'd have to help her out. Wait a second, she is on fire! Still, after all these years. Besides, Madonna's kept herself in such great shape, that I bet she'd beat the hell out of 95% of the people who visit this site.

Patient Zero
05-09-2003, 10:52 AM
Funny story. I once knew this nyc club kid who was obsessed with her. Well, he was at Limelight (a club) in NY one night and he met her. The funny part is that he was really messed up, thought she was a drag queen imitator and told her off majorly. Wish I could have been there.

JEDIpartner
05-12-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by EricRG
I will never be sick of Madonna.

I like her... not REAL keen on her new disc but, eh... if people like Joni Mitchell and Joan Baez are still allowed to make records past their prime... why not HER?

Madonna is kinda like Elvis... she made a huge impact on music and trends and, therefore, will never really go away.

mabudonicus
05-14-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by EricRG
...Besides, Madonna's kept herself in such great shape, that I bet she'd beat the hell out of 95% of the people who visit this site.
I could take her!!! I wouldn't wanna hurt her though, so I'd wear green hulk gloves with the bashing sounds...
I'm surprised every time I hear that she's still popular, actually, for an act with so little substance she's got quite the longevity, almost like an eddie munster "why does anyone really care at all about that guy, he was a supporting character on a fairly insipid show a long time ago" type of fame....

LTBasker
05-14-2003, 03:10 PM
I can't wait for her career to finally sputter to a dead halt. I find it hard to believe it when she says she cares about others, considering that one video where she shoots the cop with a water pistol. Yeah it's a water pistol but it still looked like a real gun there for a second and she acts like a complete pain throughout the rest of the video. I can't wait till she's finally put out of our misery and can't even get $10 for a nude pic of her.

El Chuxter
05-14-2003, 03:27 PM
Arrrrgh! Mabudon, I can't believe you beat me to the big green foam Hulk gloves reference! :D

Okay, uh, she needs to be mauled by bears! :cool:

She needs to realize she is now the dictionary definition of "washed up." Like Prince and Michael Jackson, she was an important and talented musician about twenty years ago, and she should always be remembered for the work she did then. But in the past several years, she's become more follower of trends than setter of them. And she seems to hold herself in too high a regard. In 1983, she could be pompous if she wanted. Now, she looks more like a joke when she is. She's not recorded anything of worth in my book since "Frozen" (which is no "Like A Prayer" or "Material Girl" by a long shot), so I prefer to think that she was abducted by aliens and replaced by an inferior clone.

plasticfetish
05-14-2003, 09:21 PM
I suppose, if you guys are all sick of her ... I can take her off your hands. I've got work for her around my house. I'll keep her busy.

mabudonicus
05-15-2003, 02:03 PM
Sorry Chux, it was irresistable, but this thread DID need the bears to improve it overall;).....
The thing with madonna is, she used up her shtick and had nowhere to expand.. you can only take off so many clothes and get SO close to actual "acts" onstage so many times..... it's like a guy who cuts his fingers off for shock value.... once the fingers are gone, the act kinda loses something, and no matter which way you try to get around it, you'll run out of stuff to cut off sooner or later....
Also, with 16 year old girls dancing near-naked in racy costumes saying things that would make most adults uncomfortable being the norm in pop music these days, what's Madonna got?? (PS- yes, I am of the right age to have had a crush on her back in he day, but I NEVER liked her music)