PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Pleasure

Exhaust Port
05-04-2003, 01:31 PM
You know, those little things in life that just make you smile.

- Popping plastic bubble wrap

- Popping open tubes of cooking dough

- Licking icing off the beater/spoon.

- The smell of a new car

- The smell of new electronics

What are some of yours?

Deoxyribonucleic
05-04-2003, 01:58 PM
Coca-Cola

Dr. Pepper

Coffee

The smell of my vintage Anakin Skywalker because he's in a box and wrapped in the plastic bag and he can come out whenever he wants and he still has that smell of the vintage figs woohoo

these are the only things I have left after quiting smoking and then going on a diet so I wouldn't gain, so I don't eat really super good fatty foods either :( I miss them soooo much! And I miss cigarettes but not enough to die for ;)

James Boba Fettfield
05-04-2003, 02:28 PM
I like the way gas stations smell.

Kidhuman
05-04-2003, 03:25 PM
holding my wife

the smell of gasoline

petting my dog

eating junk food

buying new toys

driving long distances in silence

smoking cigs

sleeping the day away

driving everyone around me crazy

baseball

2-1B
05-04-2003, 03:28 PM
holding kidhuman's wife

the smell of kidhuman

petting kidhuman

eating junk food with kidhuman

buying new toys for kidhuman

driving long distances in silence with kidhuman

smoking cigs with kidhuman

sleeping the day away with kidhuman

driving kidhuman crazy

baseball with kidhuman

and of course, The Olsen Twins. :crazed:

Lord Malakite
05-04-2003, 04:13 PM
Power Rangers
Torture devices
Abnormal behavior
Psychological fears
Dressing bugs like rabbits
Dressing up in costumes
Wearing women's high heel shoes in the mall
Dancing like a fairy
Being annoying
Screaming like a school girl

I think that covers it. :crazed:

Kidhuman
05-04-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
buying new toys for kidhuman

I will PM you my want list:D

bobafrett
05-04-2003, 04:33 PM
Finding a new Star Wars toy

Having my son with me after not seeing him for 6 years

Fresh baked Chocolate chip cookies

Wearing my Stormtrooper armor in Public

The smell of clean laundry

Having a few extra dollars in the bank

The Cubs having a pretty good season

The quiet sounds in the Northwoods of Wisconsin

The smell after a spring rain

The sound of my son saying "Hi dad, I'm home"

Jargo
05-04-2003, 06:43 PM
Being alone.
staring people out and doing it without them knowing they're participating in a stare out competition.
Waking up in the morning to find that my dog crept in during the night and slept the night on my bed and as i wake up sensing that he's been waiting for me to wake and feeling his tail wagging and knowing that he's chuffed to bits to see me.
Getting that happy to be alive feeling while walking in the woods when the trees are newly in leaf and the birds are singing and rabbits are bouncing around and Sheep are lambing and everyone else is working or in school and i'm alone in the woods enjoying it all and can pretend it's all mine.
Knowing that my toy collection contains many items that many other people don't have. (Definately a guilty pleasure that one.)
walking round my house naked.
Crying while watching soppy girly afternoon TV movies.
watching subtitled french movies alone with no-one to walk in and ask what's happening or moan that they can't keep up with the movie and the subtitles and why haven't they dubbed the movie in english and how boring french movies are because nothing much happens and there's too much time between dialogue etc. etc. French movies rock. Best watched alone.
Bathrooms and communal bathing areas. I have a thing about places of ablution. Can't explain it and it doesn't work if there's other people using them. Being alone in a communal bathing place is like pure luxury to me. All that expanse of tiled wall and floor and all those baths and showers i could use and choosing which one to use. Kinda weird i know but it's a guilty pleasure so i included it. It's probably a freudian thing, I especially like new places all clean and white and clinical, acres of white tiles gleaming and shiny chrome shower heads. The way a communal bathing area sounds too, echoey and sort of muffled at the same time. Perhaps it's a womb thing...
stroking Puppy fur and silky soft, velvety dog ears. Stroking hair that soft is kind of soothing and such a singular tactile experience. Just calming and relaxing.
Having the back of my neck tickled by someone with long finger nails. Nothing kinky, again it's just a tactile thing. Sends shivers down my spine but nice shivers. And it's more relaxing than a full body massage. Works on my head too. Just the gentlest almost non existent touch but just enough that it actually makes contact. Pure heaven.
the feel of cotton wyncyette pajamas against my skin. Clean from the wash smelling and just after a shower or a bath and just before going to bed, that back to being a little boy feeling i get is just fab. It's an olfactory nostalgia thing as well as being a tactile thing.
The smell of streets washed clean by a summer shower. After a flash storm with thunder and lightning and a torrential downpour, the smell you get afterwards when the streets are washed down and the trees and plants and grass are all glistening and wet, damp earth and it's sort of warm too. The atmosphere is negatively charged with ions making you feel really good and it's just perfect. Another glad to be alive feeling.
The love i get from my other half that's unconditional. No demands, no arguments or rows, no jealousy or envy. Just love in it's purest form. Priceless. There's nothing that can hold a light to that and it's a guilty pleasure because no-one else can share it. It's mine alone. And normally i keep it to myself, carry it around with me and use it as my crutch. I'm sharing it here because now i can. :happy:

JediTricks
05-04-2003, 07:04 PM
Sleep
Cherry Coke - I'm sensitive to caffeine, so this one is UBER-rare for me
Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger (Carl's Jr) - Soooo good, but way too fatty to enjoy more than once every few months
Ultimate Cheeseburger (Jack in the Box) - See above
Sausage McMuffin, no egg (McDonalds) - See above, plus I'm usually asleep when they stop making it now ;)
GTA:Vice City - Killing, stealing, destroying, repeating :evil:
Writing and editing with purpose but no boundries
Wanting more :D

Now that I'm an "adult", I don't think there are that many "guilty" pleasures in my life. Granted, I'd love to do more with the time that I have and I'd love to have more money to do that stuff with, but I no longer feel hampered by much in my life beyond time and financial constraints.

Darth Sidious
05-04-2003, 08:10 PM
-Pouring gunpowder in stumps and lighting it on fire and watching the big 'ol mushroom cloud billow out, I'm not a pyro, I just think mushroom clouds are beautiful.
-Looking at dead animals. Once again, nothing sick, I just kind of...like them I guess.
-All of the above smells that have been mentioned, esp. the smell of a new figure.
-Finding that one figure I never thought I'd find hanging on the pegs, surrounded by pegwarmers.
-Picking mushrooms and just looking at them and smelling them.
-Walking in a forest in cool Spring weather at about 7 in the morning with lots and lots of fog and mushrooms all over and hollow rotting logs laying around and little animals peeking out and hiding. I like to carry a sword while doing this. Just sort of gives me that "Fantasy" feeling, like the first time you visit the Lost Woods in Zelda for the SNES.
-Seeing arrogant, loud, rude people get what they deserve.
That's about it for now...

DarthChuckMc
05-04-2003, 08:24 PM
Farting in my hand and putting it in my son's face...Merry Christmas!

Eating Doritos by crushing the contents of the bag, and dumping the crumbs in my mouth.

NEW Sprite REMIX...the best drink on Earth

Licking my fingers in public after eating Hooters Buffalo wings.

Tonysmo
05-05-2003, 05:00 AM
Driving to the lake, in traffic.. knowing everyone else is on their way to work.
being on my lil John boat, on an empty lake, with only the sun shining down and my thoughts on the next big bass..
Watching my kid laugh, a real unprecidented laughter. seeing him happy is of course just priceless.
Comparing myself against my family and friends to see where I rate/rank, and knowing I'm not doing so bad.
Sharing my life with a beautiful wife and son. It just doesnt get any better.

Kidhuman
05-05-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Tonysmo

Only by adding another kid to the equation.

plasticfetish
05-05-2003, 01:15 PM
Double cafe mocha
Pringles
Resident Evil late at night.
The mountain of toys and video game junk in the garage, my office, the house ... and sorting through that mountain when I should be working.
Driving the speed limit in my huge old car and forcing the person behind me to do so also.
Squirting the neighbors cat with the hose.
Hearing how poorly things are going at my old job since they let me go.
Getting McDonalds with my son after I pick him up from school (gotta go!)

JediTricks
05-05-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
NEW Sprite REMIX...the best drink on Earth Yeah, Tropical Sprite Remix is pretty dang good.

Patient Zero
05-06-2003, 09:05 PM
Guilty Pleasure!?! Alright, Sitting in front of the tube on a Sunday afternoon with my girlfriend and a couple of homemade subs to watch multiple episodes of Buffy or Angel. I don't particularly care for either of the shows, but it is nice to just stop thinking about headier things and become mindlessly engrossed in something that involves no contemplation with a belly full of sub insides....and the vodka doesn't hurt either.

The Overlord Returns
05-07-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Tonysmo

And you feel guilty about this?

Anyhoo...guilty pleasures.......

The smell of napalm in the morning
Arguing about politics with Emperor Howdy
Pink
The smell of gasoline
"At this moment" By Billy Vera and the Beaters
Golden Tee video golf at the pub with the lads (money eating devil that it is!!)
Oh and.....infuriating the denizens of the meagain forums ;)

Kidhuman
05-08-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns

LMAO..............there ain't no one there anymore to P.O.

The Overlord Returns
05-09-2003, 09:27 AM
Yeah...what happened over there?

And why is everyone running about with anti amy avatars?

Kidhuman
05-09-2003, 02:58 PM
Yeah...what happened over there?

I dunno. People just stopped posting after it was down for a month and a half. BigB Ithink is working on school projects.

InsaneJediGirl
05-09-2003, 03:34 PM
Hm..Well I'd have to say

-Waking up to the Imperial March
-New SW Toys
-Dr.Pepper
-Cherry Coke
-Laying around like a indolent sloth
-Hostess Cupcakes :D
-Video Games-Especially military styled ones

Deoxyribonucleic
05-09-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl

-Laying around like a indolent sloth

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

roflmao!!! :D :crazed:

Kidhuman
05-09-2003, 10:03 PM
Hostess Cupcakes :D

A great delicacy. And Ho-Ho's too!!!

InsaneJediGirl
05-09-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
A great delicacy. And Ho-Ho's too!!!

Yep.Ho-Hos are good..odd name however ;)

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

roflmao!!!:D :crazed:

Don't tell me-your favorite pastime is playing sloth too:D :crazed: :p

Deoxyribonucleic
05-10-2003, 12:48 AM

Don't tell me-your favorite pastime is playing sloth too:D :crazed: :p

Hehehehheh, "playing sloth" I MUST use that line! I should put that on my resume LOL That would sure bring attention to it :) ;) :crazed:

Interviewer: So, tell me something, anything about yourself.

Me: Well, my favorit thing to do in the world is play sloth. . . with my tv :D

Tonysmo
05-11-2003, 05:19 AM
And you feel guilty about this?

Anyhoo...guilty pleasures.......

The smell of napalm in the morning
Arguing about politics with Emperor Howdy
Pink
The smell of gasoline
"At this moment" By Billy Vera and the Beaters
Golden Tee video golf at the pub with the lads (money eating devil that it is!!)

guilty only because I know what my friends have to live with.. I guess its more LUCKY than guilty..

all this misunderstood verbage.. grrr..