PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Legends & Star Wars

mrhat
05-06-2003, 07:41 PM
I recently picked up Dr. Doom and Ghostrider from the Marvel Legends line. Now I know Hasbro owns the rights to Star Wars, however since Marvel WAS the original company to own the comics, is it palusible that they could make Star Wars Marvel Legends? I mean the ones I have are truly remarkible- Finely detailed and highly acurilated, not to mention the much larger scale. I think Toy Biz has proven that it can make fine products with this line as well as Lord of the Rings. A boy can dream can't he? Maybe start out with core characters i.e. Darth, Luke, Leia, all the usual suspects. BUT if Hasbro owns exclusive righs maybe the charcters only in the MARVEL series (DOOMWORLD introduced and ended some great characters) Well here's hoping.

The Overlord Returns
05-07-2003, 12:17 PM
Impossible. For one thing...the Marvel Star Wars comics are hardly "Legends" in the annuls of comicbookdom.....

However, Hasbro would never allow a competitor to produce Star Wars action figures.....

icatch9
05-07-2003, 01:47 PM
Yea, TOR is right. Those comics where lame. I mean a giant green bunny. Come on, that's not Star Wars!

It doesn't matter if Mavel has the rights to the comics, they don't have the right to make action figure toys. Hasbro owns that and will for a long long time.

Dream all you want, but it will never happen. Sorry dude!

jjreason
05-07-2003, 06:23 PM
Hasbro just purchased the rights to make the only star wars action figures until something like 2015. Only then would any other company be able to compete with them for the rights to make the figures. There was even some concern the last time the contract came up that if a new company did get the contract, they would start making the figures larger scale. The response here was overwhelmingly in favour of keeping the figures at their current size. Many people weren't fond of the idea of having to start collecting all over again.

That being said, I'd like to see what Toy Biz could do with Star Wars myself.

mrhat
05-07-2003, 10:40 PM
I guess I'll start this up again in 12 years!! (LOL) Watch Hasbro make that rabbit, after they run out of Lukes and Anakins to make.