PDA

View Full Version : Austin Powers 4 - For Your Thighs Only

Pendo
05-07-2003, 11:22 AM
British newspaper, The Daily Express, are claiming that Jennifer Lopez (J-Lo), has been cast in the 4th installment of the Austin Powers franchise, working title (until MGM sue them) "For your Thighs Only".

What's your thoughts on this? Personally I don't have a problem with this, and I'm sure the writers will come up with some good gags about her bottom ;).

PENDO!

icatch9
05-07-2003, 11:40 AM
Sounds great! Funny title. Where do they come up with them :D? J-Lo is a good chick to have in this movie. Very hot, but can still be funny. Hope the story line is better this time. I'd like for them to get away from the whole time travel thing. I mean, enough already. Pick a decade and stay there. Know what I mean?

Fulit
05-07-2003, 12:25 PM
I hope its at least as stupid or stupider than the last one, so I can have fun trashing it.

scruffziller
05-07-2003, 12:59 PM
SOUNDS COOL!!!!!!

Dr Zoltar
05-07-2003, 01:12 PM
Bah! I'll reserve judgment when I see the movie, but I think J-Lo was a bad pick. Her acting skills are poor and they are only using her because she is the "Hollywood woman of the hour". And Mike Meyers, lay off the poop jokes. You can be funny without them...

2-1B
05-07-2003, 02:41 PM
Goldmember is the best in the series, I hope they don't go backward with a 4th one. :)

El Chuxter
05-07-2003, 03:25 PM
Soooo. . . . will Dr Evil and Fat You-Know-What still be good guys?

Mandalorian Candidat
05-07-2003, 04:06 PM
Mike Myers is such a funny guy so I don't have a clue why he is even considering making #4. IMO the first film was an interesting idea but after two completely juvenile sequels he should just move on to something else.

Anakin2121
05-07-2003, 04:37 PM
Well, the third movie had a lot more vulgar "toilet humor," but it was still funny. I really don't see how they can go wrong with this one. :)

Beast
05-07-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
Soooo. . . . will Dr Evil and Fat You-Know-What still be good guys?
I would prefer it, since they set up perfectly in GoldMember for Scott to be the head bad guy. But since time travel pops up in all these movies, Scott could snag copies of Dr. Evil, Mini-Me, and Fat Bastard from the past. Doubt he'd go for Mini-Me though, since he hates him so much. And there is Frau Farbisina and Number 2 that would likely side with Scott. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jjreason
05-07-2003, 07:58 PM
Yeah, number 2 is a baddy for sure. I was just watching Goldmember today, it gets funnier the more you watch it. I'll be happy to fork over the money to see #4, but Im sure much of it will be stuff we've seen before. Poop, farting and guys getting hit in the **** will forever be funny stuff. Myers knows that and isn't afraid to use these good old stand by gags to ensure people are laughing. The hard part will be coming up with more original, insinuative names for the ladies in the movie. Always funny stuff.

JediTricks
05-07-2003, 10:43 PM
I heard Myers had already confirmed that Goldmember would be the last Austin Powers film. Personally, I thought it sucked pretty bad - way too few funny moments, way too many ripoffs from the first 2 films. Then again, I haven't given the DVD a chance, maybe they added something better to it.

In any event, I don't think I'd bother seeing this one in theaters, J-Lo is boring and has little personal charisma (a similar problem for Goldmember's Beyonce Knowles IMO) so she'll bring nothing to the show but her celebrity. Also, I think this AP ship has fully sailed and there's no more parody left in it.

Rogue II
05-07-2003, 11:05 PM
That reminds me, I have yet to see Goldmember. I was going to catch it on DVD, but I just haven't got around to it. My wife jsut signed up for Netflix, so maybe she will get it for me.

So, I guess I can't say much about #4 until I see Goldmember.

JediCole
05-08-2003, 05:36 PM
I will probably be blasted for saying as much, but I found Goldmember to be the weakest of the series in many respects. But then I have not seen it since its theatrical release and have been intending further DVD viewings.

It will be interesting to see how many characters Myers will insist on playing if a fourth film is in the works. He seems intent on one-upping himself with each subseqent film. It might be fun, but then it might get a bit tiresome if there are too many Myers based characters in one film!

scruffziller
05-09-2003, 09:13 AM
It goes

JediTricks
05-09-2003, 10:32 PM
I thought it was:

So I Married An Axe Murderer
... (nothing)
;)

Kidhuman
05-09-2003, 11:13 PM
I haven't seen Goldmember yet but the other two were funny. J-Lo is just wrong. Get away from these singing, acting people. Pick an actress that has talent for Petes sake. I am sure it will still be funny. Maybe J-Lo will get killed in the movie. I'd pay to see that.

Jek Porky 2002
05-10-2003, 01:58 PM
Sounds like a typical Austin Powers name, I like it!!

What year is this planned for?

Pendo
05-11-2003, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
Sounds like a typical Austin Powers name, I like it!!

What year is this planned for?

Probably 2005, they're always released around the same time as a new Star Wars movie.
I love the way they mentioned Star Wars on the "Shagged Me" trailer - "If you see one movie this year, see Star Wars" :p.

PENDO!