PDA

View Full Version : Are you Ready For "2 Fast 2 Furious"

CloneTrooperMace
05-08-2003, 07:53 PM
On June,6,2003 It's here

Who's In It?: Paul Walker, Tyrese , Eva Mendes, Ludacris , James Remar, Devon Aoki

Directed by: John Singleton

What 2 Fast 2 Furious Is About: An undercover cop, stripped of his badge after his previous assignment to uncover crime among the Los Angeles street racing scene, is given a chance to redeem himself by infiltrating the world of Miami street racing

"You gotta understand, I mean straight up, my feelings were hurt," Walker said. "I wanted to work with Vin again and it just didn't happen. But you know, it's one of those things, it's a business thing, and that's what I have to remember.

"[But] now, with the way things are ... I wouldn't change it for the world," he added. "Tyrese and I are getting along really well. We hang out all the time when we're not filming and that doesn't happen too often. We're rolling out ? he was just shooting a music video this weekend, we had softball practice the other day. I'm having a good time, it's a blast."

Read more at the link below.
(Thanks to 'Anonymous')

http://images.countingdown.com/images/countdowns/movies/260213/1011/2989918_thumb.jpg http://images.countingdown.com/images/countdowns/movies/260213/1011/2989917_thumb.jpg http://images.countingdown.com/images/countdowns/movies/260213/1011/2989914_thumb.jpg http://images.countingdown.com/images/countdowns/movies/260213/1011/2948644_thumb.jpg http://images.countingdown.com/images/countdowns/movies/260213/1011/2631691_thumb.jpg http://images.countingdown.com/images/countdowns/movies/260213/1011/2631686_thumb.jpg http://images.countingdown.com/images/countdowns/movies/260213/1011/2948684_thumb.jpg

Images Thanks to CountingDown.com

CloneTrooperMace
05-09-2003, 01:38 PM
Just In Vin Diesel Turned down a :greedy: 20 mill :eek: contact to do the new movie.So we will not be seeing him ever again. ("Yes" :D:crazed: )

EricRG
05-11-2003, 06:51 PM
What a stupid movie idea. Yeah, let's promote street racing. That's a good one. What a brilliant cast. Ludicris and Tyrese. This one'll produce some Oscar-winning performances, I know it!

derek
05-11-2003, 07:09 PM
i'd heard predicitons that this film will tank without vin diesel, but with exception of "XXX", his other films have not done well, so we'll see.

kool-aid killer
05-12-2003, 06:57 AM
Im not a big vin diesel fan so i could care less if he was in it. Didnt like the first movie either. Now every chump with a Honda (whether its new or a beater) who didnt do it after the first movie will try to throw on a spoiler and body kit and all that other junk so they can be "fast and furious."

mrmiller
05-12-2003, 08:34 AM
I saw a preview of this just yesterday, and it doesn't look as bad as I had imagined. If it has more actual car chases and racing that the 1st one, I'll like it. I'm a sucker for a good car chase. Of course I'm not setting my hopes very high, but I wouldn't mind seeing it if nothing else is on.

=MATT=

CloneTrooperMace
05-12-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by EricRG
What a stupid movie idea. Yeah, let's promote street racing. That's a good one. What a brilliant cast. Ludicris and Tyrese. This one'll produce some Oscar-winning performances, I know it!

Well If it so stupid for you, Why don't you go watch Barney lick his .It's the street racer problem if they go out there in Street race.You name one person that seen this movie & the next day started street racing.

Originally posted by Kool-Aid killer
[b]will try to throw on a spoiler and body kit and all that other junk so they can be "fast and furious."

Well i would put a kit on my car,but i don't have a car.

Darth Jax
05-12-2003, 09:54 AM
street racing and the look of the cars is for the no-attention span generation of mTv. give me a good bulky muscle car anytime. which was what made the original laughable in my opinion. i can't see anyone so immersed in the lets make a lawnmower engine in a crx fast with any interest in having a blown muscle car. the ending simply didn't fit the vibe of the rest of the movie. at first its nitrous, neon, and leather bodysuits. then it becomes smokey and the bandit/bullitt at the end.

EricRG
05-12-2003, 10:23 AM
CTM-

Street racing happens to be a fairly big problem here in San Diego. At school, I personally know several people who are into the whole Honda modifying/racing scene who think Fast and the Furious was some sort of great movie. People die out here every year street racing and IMHO, we don't need to glorify that, do we? What a waste.

CloneTrooperMace
05-12-2003, 11:13 AM
That isn't my problem,they choose to street race.

kool-aid killer
05-12-2003, 11:31 AM
CTM, regarding those who street race, so what do you say to the family of a innocent person killed by somebody who chooses to do it? They didnt choose to race. Do you pass it off as kids being kids and needing to learn or do you admit its a problem and things like this dont help it?

CloneTrooperMace
05-12-2003, 11:46 AM
Well,what is there to say?It happen's but i don't like it.Then why don't the open up a track were you can go to race.

kool-aid killer
05-12-2003, 11:52 AM
Im sure there are tracks where kids can race but how many would want to pay when the streets just outside? Or contact a local politician and let them know that its a growing thing. If they can find a way to build skateboard parks for skaters im sure with enough pushing they could build a race track for street racers. But that involves work so i doubt its crossed anybodys mind as a legitimate option.

CloneTrooperMace
05-12-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by kool-aid killer
Im sure there are tracks where kids can race but how many would want to pay when the streets just outside?

You don't make them pay,Because skateboarders don't have to pay to skateboard on a park.

Darth Jax
05-12-2003, 12:43 PM
the local drag track has a high school nite. but still to get your car in you have to pay a fee. with the abundance of 'performance' shops cropping up all over denver (even before the 1st movie openend), street racing is becoming a legitimate problem. being a large metropolitan area, there are plenty of semi-deserted areas near downtown that are appealling. if you want to street race fine, but learn to drive normally when not racing. i get tired of all the little hondas zipping around with spoilers, acting like idiots in regular traffic.

CloneTrooperMace
05-12-2003, 01:07 PM
Yeah....It just isn't this movie that promote's racing,The matrix has a car race and a motorCycle race.So just don't pin it on Us 2f2f fans.

~Joey~

Brainiak76
05-12-2003, 06:07 PM
ill watch this but i wont kill myself if i dont!! first one was ok and i had a friend whos car was in it! This one looks like it has a bigger budget so hopefully itll be better!!! will have to wait and see!

keith koth
05-14-2003, 03:41 PM
I think that without Vin Diesel, 2 fast 2 furious will go straight 2 video! :D Just Kidding ;) Actually I'm not :evil: No, I really am. :)

I'll wait for it to come on cable to see it though.

Wasn't the original title of this movie suppose to be "Furiously Fast"? I Like that better.

CloneTrooperMace
05-14-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by keith koth
Wasn't the original title of this movie suppose to be "Furiously Fast"? I Like that better.

Nope.....Only the one name

Anakin2121
05-14-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by derek
i'd heard predicitons that this film will tank without vin diesel, but with exception of "XXX", his other films have not done well, so we'll see.

Do you mean movies in which he's the star, or movies that he's merely in?
'Cause he was in Saving Private Ryan, and that did very well. :)

EricRG
06-07-2003, 07:50 PM
No new posts since this came out...not surprising, I've heard it's absolutely miserable.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-07-2003, 08:31 PM
lol Ah, c'mon, you mean there is a movie that actually benefitted from having Vin Diesel in it?!!?!? No bloody way!!! I hate that man. he cannot act at all. I'm glad his last few flicks have bombed. Looks like we'll be seein' less and less of him. Oh yeah! :D

derek
06-08-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Anakin2121
Do you mean movies in which he's the star, or movies that he's merely in?
'Cause he was in Saving Private Ryan, and that did very well. :)

after "the fast and the furious" was released, it was thought vin was the "new" action star in hollywood, but with the exception of "XXX", all films starring him have bombed. (boiler room, knock around guys, a man apart)

it looks like "tF&tF2" is going to have a big opening weekend despite vin's absence, proving it was the cars and "attitude" that made the first one a hit.:)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-08-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by derek

it looks like "tF&tF2" is going to have a big opening weekend despite vin's absence, proving it was the cars and "attitude" that made the first one a hit.:)

It'll also prove there are A LOT of people willing to toss down their hard earned lettuce to watch cars drive around. People were whining like mules when Jackass hit #1 and now "2 fast 2 furious" will hit #1 as well. That's 2 signs of the apocalypse. :D

"Lisa, we can see nature anytime. This is our chance to see cars drive!"
-Homer J. Simpson

Prince Xizor
06-08-2003, 11:35 AM
Ok, I will be the first to admit I saw the movie this weekend. I enjoyed the first one if only because of the cars and stunts, and I have to say I enjoyed this one as well. There were a lot more cars in this one, and the stunts were just as cool, if not better.

The plot was a filler, just like in the first movie, and Paul Walker is a H O R R I B L E actor. But I was surprised by Tyrese. I haven't liked him in anything else I have seen him in, but I enjoyed his acting in this flick. Not bad. If ya got $5 and a couple of hours, seeing this movie ain't a bad way to spend it.

Darth Jax
06-09-2003, 07:44 PM
where or where can you see a movie for $5. even matinees here in denver run ya $6.50.

Mike Troxell
06-10-2003, 07:44 PM
I hated the first one. I will hate the second one if I see it. I'm really debating whether seeing this movie for free is worth my money.

Nope.....Only the one name

The title was originally going to be The Fast and the Furious 2, but apparently that title was not nearly fast or furious enough for the producers, who decided to change the title. I believe a few were thrown around, such as Furiously Fast, but bad taste prospered. 2 Fast 2 Furious was born. Any movie that uses the numeral "2" in place of the word "too" is automatically deemed crap in my book.

Street racing is stupid. People who "soup up" their mom's Honda Civic are stupid. Good lord, people are stupid.

I'm sorry. This movie makes me sad.

BlahBlahBlah
06-10-2003, 10:29 PM
If you know you're not going to like it, then why see it?

If you see a movie because you think it might be good and end up hating it, then I can respect your opinion, but if you see a movie you know you won't like just so you can rip on it some more... it's pointless.

Mike Troxell
06-11-2003, 11:02 AM
Oh, I won't be seeing it. I cam rip into that one plenty without seeing it.

That's why I made the comment that seeing the movie for FREE would not even be worth my money.

I don't mind if you don't respect my opinion. Half of the time I don't even respect it.

2-1B
02-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Now the 4th movie is coming out and Vin Diesel is back..

Fast & Furious is the name of this one...yes, they changed "and" to "&" and dropped the 2 "the"s to form the title.

This is officially sillier than the 4th title of the Rambo franchise copying the title of the 2nd Rambo film.

The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
Fast & Furious