PDA

View Full Version : Question about R4I9

oo0oo36
05-09-2003, 01:49 PM
Regarding R4I9, the droid from the Imperial Forces 4-pack, is he in the movies? I can't find him anywhere.

JabbaGlob
05-09-2003, 02:31 PM
I don't recall seeing him in a movie, but if he's anywhere it'll be in ROJ, one of the Death Star hangar scenes.
I do, however, remeber seeing him in a 'posed' photo with Darth Vader and R2-Q5 in the Action Figure Archives or was it that big heavy book with photos of characters and props from the original trilogy?

LTBasker
05-09-2003, 02:35 PM
I think he was in the background, along with an R5 unit and the R2 unit. Not sure though, I've seen a picture of a black R4 droid but since there were no unique imagery in the background or foreground, it might have been photoshopped.

JabbaGlob
05-09-2003, 02:37 PM
Action Figure Archive pg37 shows a photo of Vader, R2-Q5 & a black R5. Same page shows R4-I9 but the caption says "Blue and black R4 unit from the Rebel base on Yavin 4"

Jargo
05-09-2003, 03:40 PM
Yup he's blue/gray and has black and gray markings. hasbroken have got it wrong. There is a droid visible in the DS hangar, seen for a split second as Palpy and vader walk along the troops there's a small gap and you see a droid, possibly an R3, by some supply cases or something. Then there's a line of droids in the main long shot of the whole hangar as the Emperor comes out of his shuttle. To the upper right of screen. behind the troopers and alongside the probe droid. There's a line of R2 and R5 droids.

So it could well be a rebel droid or just one inaccuracy in Sansweet's book.

oo0oo36
05-09-2003, 10:44 PM
Thanks guys! I've finally found R4I9 in Episode IV =)

You can see him behind Han and Luke in the Yavin 4 Hangar Base. The exact movie time is at about 1 hour 38 minutes 10 seconds ;)

So he's a Rebel droid afterall.

Since we're on the subject of the Imperial Forces 4-pack, was there any AT-ST Driver in the movies without his googles on? I don't remember seeing it.

Kidhuman
05-09-2003, 11:04 PM
I think when Chewbacca grabbed him out of the AT-ST, he had them off.

Jargo
05-10-2003, 07:59 AM
Richard Marquand and one of the other production crew members played those two AT-ST drivers and they both had their goggles up, not over their eyes.

Jaff
05-10-2003, 10:51 AM
R4-I9 is in the movie ROTJ during the second act. When the emperors shuttle lands and all the troops are in formation look to the right middle of your screen. You can see a cluster of droids including probe droids and R4 spherical head can be seen if you look close.