PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Mini Busts!

Pages : 1 [2]

dr_evazan22
04-15-2004, 02:20 PM
I didn't even see the Green Clone up on the site yesterday when they reopened. :frustrated: It was really the only thing I wanted to buy.

[DSS]Pedr0
04-15-2004, 02:35 PM
I didn't even see the Green Clone up on the site yesterday when they reopened. :frustrated: It was really the only thing I wanted to buy.There is a 48 hr hold on those from the original opening day. They "should" be listed tomorrow.

[DSS]Pedr0
04-15-2004, 07:03 PM
Finally got my order for my 2 Green clones in.

Hellstorm10
04-16-2004, 12:02 AM
Here are a few different poses for the upcoming Stormtrooper Mini Bust. :D

[DSS]Pedr0
04-16-2004, 12:04 AM
Here are a few different poses for the upcoming Stormtrooper Mini Bust. :DStill looking for the definitive amount of DIFFERENT poses that will be available. I need to adjust my orders accordingly. :(

Hellstorm10
04-16-2004, 12:12 AM
Pedr0']Still looking for the definitive amount of DIFFERENT poses that will be available. I need to adjust my orders accordingly. :(
In the meantime, I just recommend that you order a full case or about 6 stormies.
That should basically cover your needs [DSS]Pedro.

You can always go back and buy an extra sinlge Stormtrooper if you need to later.

[DSS]Pedr0
04-16-2004, 12:15 AM
In the meantime, I just recommend that you order a full case or about 6 stormies.
That should basically cover your needs [DSS]Pedro.

You can always go back and buy an extra sinlge Stormtrooper if you need to later.Yea, I'm at 7 at the moment, Hearing 10 might complete it. :cry:

Hellstorm10
04-16-2004, 12:19 AM
Pedr0']Yea, I'm at 7 at the moment, Hearing 10 might complete it. :cry:
10 different poses for the Stormtrooper? That seems like overkill.
Especially with all the other cool statues coming out this summer.

Hellstorm10
04-16-2004, 12:34 AM
Here are some of the new Animated Clone Wars Maquettes! :)
I am really looking forward to getting these.

Anybody else like these maquettes?

jedihunter25
04-16-2004, 12:43 AM
Is anyone going to starwarsshop.com at 9 A.M. in the morning? I have to go to work at 8 A.M. I can't use a computer hanging 60 feet up in the air (and they don't take phone orders) plus my mom that tried getting me the Green Clone Trooper bust yesterday is out of town. Can ANYONE order me one? If so, please send me a PM- thankyou

dr_evazan22
04-16-2004, 09:01 AM
The only maquette that I really don't care at all about is Yoda. Between the marketing for AOTC and the fact that there are now 3 different life size versions of him, the character just doesn't impress me too much, even with the 'attitude'.

[DSS]Pedr0
04-16-2004, 09:13 AM
Even with the PT demystifying the FORCE, I'm still gonna have to collect these items. They are too cool!! :D

mm74md
04-16-2004, 04:00 PM
Pedr0']Finally got my order for my 2 Green clones in.

Anybody else get an order in? I still have never seen it online

[DSS]Pedr0
04-16-2004, 05:18 PM
Anybody else get an order in? I still have never seen it online
Only if you had an order in on March 10th. Otherwise, it wont be up until Mon, unless they are sold out.

Turbowars
04-19-2004, 10:07 PM
I can't believe I get screwedd everytime with these busts. I just want one Green Clone, but no everyone gets 2 and I get jacked. I hate GG more and more everytime they make something cool. OK I done crying like a *****h, but I'm still ****edd!!!!

Jayspawn
04-19-2004, 10:20 PM
I couldn't agree more Turbowars. GG makes great products but is run like sh@! I miss out on half the products they make because they are late and make the lowest numbered runs. All I want is a Vader (dont care which one) a Yoda and Jango, but GG has made sure I wont get one.

Of course we all got screwed big time on the Green Clone and Clone Pilot bust. Now is there anything wrong with not wanting to spend $100s on these few? (I dont think so either)

mini-rock
04-19-2004, 10:25 PM
I totally understand your frustration turbo. Personally I have considered getting out of collectiong the minibusts since the market is oversaturated, and just stick to the statues. For anyone just now getting into collecting these it can be discouraging also since the hard to find stuff sells for much more than it originally did.

I'll try and keep an eye out to see if any Green Clonetroopers come up at a good price. :)

dr_evazan22
04-20-2004, 09:11 AM
I was checking out Brians Toys because someone was bashing them in another thread. They have the upcoming Luke bust for about $45 or 50, and the Stormie at $60. And a Yoda for $225!

jedihunter25
04-20-2004, 12:23 PM
Well, it's past 9 A.M. and still no Green Clone Trooper Bust. Not even an update if they are sold out or anything. starwarsshop.com sucks!!!!!!

jedihunter25
04-20-2004, 02:39 PM
Here is an E-mail that I recieved in reguards to the Green Clone Trooper Bust-

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately we have sold out of our stock for the busts. Please keep checking back with us. We will update the site if we are able to obtain more stock. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
StarWarsShop.com

mm74md
04-20-2004, 04:10 PM
Lame...read the bold text. Notice anything?

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:00:10 -0700
From: Customerservice@starwarsshop.com Add to Address Book
Subject: RE:Customer Service Email [#3229]
To: mm74md

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately we have sold out of our stock
for the busts. Please check back with us on 4/16/04 as We will update
the site if we are able to obtain more stock. Please let us know if we
can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
StarWarsShop.com

jedihunter25
04-20-2004, 04:28 PM
That's nice, they want us to check back on the 16th wich was 4 days ago- man this site really has it together :crazed: :stupid:

IMFETTUP
04-20-2004, 04:56 PM
Not collecting the mini-busts, but I did chance upon the Legends in 3 Dimensions busts at a local collectable shop that had been marked down to 19.99. I bought the Tusken Raider, Greedo, and Figrin Dan. Couldn't pass on that! I would certainly like to get the Boba Fett from Gentle Giant, but the prices are incredible!

"He's no good to me dead."

[DSS]Pedr0
04-20-2004, 04:58 PM
Not collecting the mini-busts, but I did chance upon the Legends in 3 Dimensions busts at a local collectable shop that had been marked down to 19.99. I bought the Tusken Raider, Greedo, and Figrin Dan. Couldn't pass on that! I would certainly like to get the Boba Fett from Gentle Giant, but the prices are incredible!

"He's no good to me dead."
Where do you live and do they still have another Cantina Band Member?!?!? :sur:
If they do, Hook me up!!!LMK.

Turbowars
04-20-2004, 07:58 PM
I was checking out Brians Toys because someone was bashing them in another thread. They have the upcoming Luke bust for about $45 or 50, and the Stormie at $60. And a Yoda for $225!Well there's a few more reasons to bash Brian.

Turbowars
05-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Got my Fett mini bust today from my wife as a just because present. I wonder what she wants? LOL:D

Man, he is by far the best in the line though I don't have Vader or Yoda. I passed on all of the EP2 busts (armless). It's too bad Jango is armless wonder.

Jayspawn
05-13-2004, 10:50 AM
I really like the Episode II Minibusts -the no arms thing doesnt bother me at all. Just wish I could get Jango.

Jayspawn
05-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Here's a link to great pic of the C-3PO Mini Bust!

http://www.thirdzone.com/cgi-bin/VirtualCatalog/CatalogMgr.pl?cartID=b-5445&SearchField=partnumber&SearchFor=SWDH3POMB&template=Htx/newtemp2.htx&displayNumber=1

What do ya think? Thats one of the BEST I've seen, f'n amazing!

[DSS]Pedr0
05-14-2004, 10:41 AM

http://www.thirdzone.com/cgi-bin/VirtualCatalog/CatalogMgr.pl?cartID=b-5445&SearchField=partnumber&SearchFor=SWDH3POMB&template=Htx/newtemp2.htx&displayNumber=1

I saw that one already. I cant wait for the full size statue of that one. Looked like a similar pose as well.

Tom Araya
05-14-2004, 08:44 PM
Jesus, that Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise looks horrible. Reminds me of a guy that used to sell me weed in high school. :smoker:

:beard:

mini-rock
05-15-2004, 06:57 AM

Yeah that 3PO bust looks frikkin cool, and no doubt the statue will look as good if not better.

BTW, it looks like that site linked is using one of GGbustfan's minibust concept pics for IG-88. Too funny.

Turbowars
05-15-2004, 10:13 AM
So you guys know about the SDCC GG exclusive Stormy Luke right? Well I guess I'll be missing this one. I figure this because per-view night is on Wednesday and I can't get there until Saturday. Gee I wonder if they will sell out by then?:rolleyes:

The Con has gotten so big thet added a day, and GG should take that into consideration. I guess the feel only the truest of the Fans will be there the 1st day.:bored:

Jayspawn
05-15-2004, 10:17 AM
The Luke in Stormtrooper getup looks great -just wish GG wouldnt screw us over like they do everytime. I'd like to get at least 1 Exclusive bust sometime but I dont have my hopes up.

The Clone Wars Maquettes are looking great. I might get Yoda and Obi-Wan. At least we have a chance of getting those.

[DSS]Pedr0
05-15-2004, 11:35 AM
So you guys know about the SDCC GG exclusive Stormy Luke right? Well I guess I'll be missing this one. I figure this because per-view night is on Wednesday and I can't get there until Saturday. Gee I wonder if they will sell out by then?:rolleyes:

The Con has gotten so big thet added a day, and GG should take that into consideration. I guess the feel only the truest of the Fans will be there the 1st day.:bored:
Comic Con International San Diego - July 21-25, 2004
Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise - 400 pieces allocated for every full day; 200 pieces allocated for Preview Night
Spirit of the Rebellion 4-pack - 600 pieces allocated for every full day; 300 pieces allocated for Preview Night

Wizard World Chicago - August 13-15, 2004
Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise - 400 pieces allocated for every full day
Spirit of the Rebellion 4-pack - 600 pieces allocated for every full day.

The remaining quantities of each piece will be made available exclusively online to members of Gentle Giant's Collector's Club after the shows.

The following measures will be in effect in an effort to make the exclusives as widely available as possible:

Exclusives will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Exclusives will be limited to one of each per adult.
Badges will be punched with a Gentle Giant logo for purchases of Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise. Attendees with punched badges will not be allowed to purchase additional exclusives.

Turbowars
05-15-2004, 11:58 AM
Hell yeah, I'm getting one!!!!! Sounds like they might have learned from their mistakes. Now I just have to know what time to get there to be one of the 400.

Thanks for posting that Pedr0

mini-rock
05-15-2004, 02:40 PM
I don't know about you guy's, but I'm a little disappointed the none of the updates recently have included any information on the upcoming Matrix releases. It's been at least four updates since we have received any info, and it was said in that email that there would be more info in the following update. I sure hope that the three statues, and Persephone are still being released this year.

[DSS]Pedr0
05-15-2004, 02:47 PM
I sure hope that the three statues, and Persephone are still being released this year.
So do I. These are going to be magnificent.

Turbowars
05-15-2004, 03:55 PM
I'm sorry guys but I could care less about the Matrix busts, infact any thing that has to do with The Matrix. Wasn't one of my favorite films. Anyways, for you guys that like the line yeah that would ****ss me off as well. I hate the way GG runs their company, but their products are top notch.

mini-rock
05-15-2004, 05:22 PM
I'm sorry guys but I could care less about the Matrix busts, infact any thing that has to do with The Matrix. Wasn't one of my favorite films. Anyways, for you guys that like the line yeah that would ****ss me off as well. I hate the way GG runs their company, but their products are top notch.

Well, for the record, I'm not ****ed in any way at Gentle Giant. I'm just eager to hear something regarding The Matrix line, and it's a little disappointing when all the product updates are focused on Star Wars. Concerning issues with the company...I have none. I think they have shown that they listen to collectors requests, and the most recent example was by making their next convention exclusive available to members after the convention. They have also listened to suggestions on what character minibusts should be made, what the fans want to see, like the Green Clonetrooper and Persephone from The Matrix line for starters. I understand that they cannot commit to every request, but to me the have shown that they are making an effort by listening to their customers, and by communicating in an effective manner.

My.02 :)

Jayspawn
05-19-2004, 10:50 AM
I still have a feeling we're going to get screwed on the Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise minibust. Sure it'll be available through this 'Collectors' club or that -but I bet it wont be many and I'm sure theres some vultures out there who willl have the drop on everybody else. "Yeah, I'll buy 50!"

I saw the Clone Pilot bust at a con about a month ago, the lady wanted $350 for it! No way I'm paying that much for it.

[DSS]Pedr0
05-19-2004, 12:09 PM
I saw the Clone Pilot bust at a con about a month ago, the lady wanted $350 for it! No way I'm paying that much for it.

:eek: Damn that noise! Shes stupid if she thinks she'll get that much for it. Only in the first week or so after its released would it have fetched that much.

dr_evazan22
05-19-2004, 05:17 PM
I'm going to Wizard World East, or Philly, or whatever they're calling it this year. I'm really bummed that a lot of the companies, like GG and MR, aren't having the exclusives there. :(

[DSS]Pedr0
05-19-2004, 06:34 PM
I'm going to Wizard World East, or Philly, or whatever they're calling it this year. I'm really bummed that a lot of the companies, like GG and MR, aren't having the exclusives there. :(They are holding back a limited amount of exclusives from the shows for purchase on their websites for the Collector Club Members of each respective company. Just sign up for GG's "newsletter" I believe and you're in, and buy 1 item from MR and you're in. ;)

dr_evazan22
06-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Hey guys!

I got an email tonight from LFL about a new bust. Offered in conjunction with the MBNA SW credit card, qualifying purchases have a chance to win ... Get this:

A Silver Jongo Fett!

First teh fig's, now these! Truth be told tho, it's metallisized (sp?) and it looks really good!

[DSS]Pedr0
06-04-2004, 12:29 AM
Received 2 of my Green Sergeant Clonetroopers today. FINALLY!!

http://www.rebelscum.com/gg/chrome_jango.jpg

Jayspawn
06-04-2004, 10:28 AM
I got the same email about the Silver Jango Bust. And I would really like one (especially since I dont even have the regular color one) But I dont want to get it and use it just to get the Bust. Seems like a hassle.

Does anybody here have the SW Mastercard from the Vader promo? Do you use it?

Turbowars
06-05-2004, 09:39 PM
So, what Rebelscum got their 4 or 6 Green Clones from SWshop.com?

mini-rock
06-05-2004, 09:52 PM
So, what Rebelscum got their 4 or 6 Green Clones from SWshop.com?

I got three, and all are gifts. I do not plan to keep any of these for myself.

Turbowars
06-05-2004, 09:55 PM
Oh thanks, I'll PM you my address.

mini-rock
06-05-2004, 09:58 PM
Oh thanks, I'll PM you my address.

LOL! I think I may still have it actually. ;)

Turbowars
06-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Hey, do you want to sell your promo card?

mini-rock
06-05-2004, 10:20 PM
Hey, do you want to sell your promo card?

What promo card?

Turbowars
06-05-2004, 10:27 PM
The 3 that you should had gotten with your 3 Busts.

mini-rock
06-05-2004, 10:36 PM
Huh, I didn't know that. I guess the person who ordered these for me kept them or maybe didn't get them. No biggie since I do not plan to keep them. I got rid of my other CT's also.

[DSS]Pedr0
06-12-2004, 12:17 PM
I wish GG would have better control of sales on THEIR site. That way we could all preorder from them directly. I dont like having to go thru a few different etailers for preorders and then having to wait for them to ship them out.

Its going to be hard now for me to get ahold of the 'Chrome' Jango. Another $200+ buy for me. :cry:

Turbowars
06-12-2004, 08:56 PM
Well I finally got my Green Bust from Rod, Thanks Dude! BTW it's #27 out of 2500

Jayspawn
06-23-2004, 10:25 AM
Its about time to throw this out there, but if anybody has an extra Darth Vader Minibust or knows of one, please let me know!

Turbowars
06-23-2004, 08:12 PM
Yeah right.:p

[DSS]Pedr0
08-14-2004, 06:16 PM
If anyone's looking to add the GREEN Clone or MBNA Vader or plastic display case or two?

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=895051&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1#895051

Turbowars
08-14-2004, 07:38 PM
Man, those are some outstanding deals!!:speech:

Jayspawn
08-15-2004, 12:53 AM
What a rip. Not getting any of those. I'm only willing to drop around $80 on a Vader Bust shipped.

[DSS]Pedr0
08-15-2004, 01:22 AM
Thats still cheaper than what some ebay auctions have finished at. Only trying to get back what I paid for it anyways.

Jayspawn
08-15-2004, 10:26 AM
Thas true. I'll bide my time! Wahaha!

mini-rock
08-20-2004, 01:06 PM
Pedr0']Thats still cheaper than what some ebay auctions have finished at. Only trying to get back what I paid for it anyways.

Well, I could be wrong, but for the amount your selling those for it looks like you are actually losing money from what you paid. Still the price you listed the Blue Clone for was good enough for me, and if you still need a buyer for your Vader let me know...I can use an extra one. :)

Turbowars
08-20-2004, 08:42 PM
Picked up Bossk today from EE. What a great piece! The new box is totally unnecessary and I wonder if it will push the cost up after awhile.

mini-rock
08-20-2004, 09:26 PM
Picked up Bossk today from EE. What a great piece! The new box is totally unnecessary and I wonder if it will push the cost up after awhile.

Doubt it, but even if it did go up a couple bucks IMO they still would be fairly priced. I agree about the box. I don't really care for it since the "real" artwork is inside. The Bossk bust is really nice though (both of mine arrived early today) and now just waiting for the stormie. :)

Jayspawn
08-21-2004, 12:05 AM
Great! If you got your Bossk mine cant be far behind!

Up next: Clone Wars Yoda and Stormie!

mini-rock
08-21-2004, 01:16 AM
Oh man I forgot about the CW Yoda. I hope it's still shipping this month.

Turbowars
08-21-2004, 10:39 AM
How many Stormies did you guys buy or order? I went with 4 for 2 reasons. They will be pretty hot and my order might be shorted, so I might get 2 out of the 4. 2nd reason, I want to display them in all their arm poses. How many poses will they have 4 or 5?

mini-rock
08-21-2004, 10:51 AM
Looks like it will be four.

Star Wars Stormtrooper Mini Bust

http://store.yahoo.com/actionfigurexpress/stwastmibu.html

I ordered two. :)

hansolo
08-22-2004, 06:33 AM
I just switched all my pre-orders to New Force.

Till now, I have yet to receive any shipping notification from them? Are they always a step behind?

Any idea how much will shipping cost for 1 mini bust?

dr_evazan22
08-22-2004, 12:42 PM
Looks like it will be four.

Star Wars Stormtrooper Mini Bust

http://store.yahoo.com/actionfigurexpress/stwastmibu.html

I ordered two. :)

Actually, there are 7 different arms, 5 right and 2 left. So to have at one of each arm displayed you'll need at least 5.

I ordered a case of 6.

Jayspawn
08-22-2004, 11:05 PM
I only need 1.

mini-rock
08-25-2004, 06:10 PM
FYI, the Luke in Stormie disguise is now available to order for GG's collectors club members. So for those that are a member don't forget to order. :)

[DSS]Pedr0
08-25-2004, 06:48 PM
I only need 1.
I will get my one and debate later on acquiring more than one. Priorities first. :cry:

mini-rock
08-25-2004, 07:03 PM
Pedr0']I will get my one and debate later on acquiring more than one. Priorities first. :cry:

*cough* MR AT-AT *cough*
;)

I'm not getting two just to be able to display'em with different arm poses though. I'll be displaying them in seperate locations.

[DSS]Pedr0
08-25-2004, 10:03 PM
*cough* MR AT-AT *cough*
;)
Actually, am kinda working on getting my house to put the AT-AT in! :D ;)

mini-rock
08-26-2004, 01:18 AM
Pedr0']Actually, am kinda working on getting my house to put the AT-AT in! :D ;)

Cool! Good luck with that man! I hope it works out. :)

mini-rock
08-28-2004, 08:00 PM
FYI, GG Yoda Clone Wars Maquette is now shipping from TFAW and EE.

http://www.tfaw.com/collectibles/profile.html?cart=4241270269744165&SKU=TFAW871810000258&qt=hp0_TFAW871810000258

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=GE6061

[DSS]Pedr0
08-28-2004, 08:02 PM
Going with SouthernIsland.com on this one.

Jayspawn
09-02-2004, 04:28 PM
I'm going with SouthernIsland.com also. I've never ordered with them before. I'm curious about their service.