PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Mini Busts!

Pages : [1] 2

Jayspawn
05-09-2003, 03:05 PM
I'm starting to get into collecting these and I'm curious how many other are collecting the mini busts? I think they're pretty cool. Truely excellent Star Wars collectibles. Anyways....

Which ones do you have?

Which are your favorite?

also, post pictures if you can.

dr_evazan22
05-12-2003, 10:22 AM
I just got my Boba Fett last Wed and it looks as cool in person as the ad looked. I'm very happy w/ it.

One of the things I like about the Boba over most of teh others is that he has arms! I can't stand the ones w/out arms!

I just went to the Dark Horse site trying to purchase each of the Clonetrooper's, but they aren't seling them by color, it's all random! What a stupid thing to do. I understand that they don't want to produce too many of all colors since not everyone that buys a white will also buy a red or yellow, but come on! I want the blue convention exclusive too!

Jayspawn
05-14-2003, 12:15 AM
Looks like Gentle Giant has Grand Moff Tarkin on tap for October this year. Limited to 7,500 pieces. Its neat looking but it had the back of his chair attached to the bust. I peosonally think it would look better without. StarWars.com has a picture.

Jayspawn
05-14-2003, 12:16 AM
I think the look ok without arms. But they look a little off now because all the new ones DO have arms.

I'm looking forward to the Stormtrooper minibust.

dr_evazan22
05-14-2003, 03:01 AM
Not sure if I like the Tarkin yet... It looks a little weird the way his seat is there. I kind of get the impression he's in a wheel chair or something. Good likeness though!

[DSS]Pedr0
05-14-2003, 11:01 AM
TARKIN IS WICKED AS HELL!!!! AM WANT IT!!

barry kay
05-14-2003, 10:35 PM
I agree about the arms, without them, the mini busts look strange. I picked up most of the ones released so far (missing Jango and ZamÖdonít really want either one)

I got Boba Fett today, and it does look as amazing in person as it did in the photos. Itís nice when something is as good or better than advertised!

Jayspawn
05-14-2003, 11:20 PM
My Boba Fett bust is on the way, it should be just a few more days. I'm gettin all excited about it! :D

Jayspawn
05-20-2003, 11:36 PM
The Boba Fett miniBust arrived in the mail today. I think it's the best of them so far. It's gotta be one of the best Star Wars collectibles ever. The detail is amazing.

I can't wait for Darth Vader!

[DSS]Pedr0
05-21-2003, 07:44 AM
MINE IS ALSO SUPPOSED TO ARRIVE ANY DAY NOW...I PICKED UP JANGO THE OTHER DAY AND IT IS Soooo PIMP!!!! I CANT WAIT TO GET THEM ALL!!! :D

Jayspawn
05-29-2003, 10:57 AM
I can't really tell, but it seems that some Yoda and Vader Busts have shown up on Ebay. Does anybody have them yet? None of the etailers have them yet.

[DSS]Pedr0, did you Boba Bust arrive yet?

Jayspawn
I can't really tell, but it seems that some Yoda and Vader Busts have shown up on Ebay. Does anybody have them yet? None of the etailers have them yet.

Jayspawn

[DSS]Pedr0
05-29-2003, 05:11 PM
Boba Arrived and it is a MUST OWN.....Details Galore and he looks MENACING!!

Jayspawn
06-01-2003, 11:31 PM
I agree. The Boba Fett bust is one of the best Star Wars collectibles ever. I was looking at some pictures online of other people's Darth Vader minibust and I gotsta have that. It looks incredible!

Now if I could just find a way to get one.

dr_evazan22
06-01-2003, 11:44 PM
Was at WizardWorld East in Philly on Fri and only saw Yoda and Vader at one booth. They wanted 100$ for one and 125$ for the other. No thank you!

Jayspawn- Yoda and DV were made in such limited quantities that I think etailers sold out on their pre-orders, begfore they actually shipped. I think the production run was around 3500 for each; DH just didn't expect so much demand. I'm guessing that the initial release of the AOTC busts wasn't that well received by the buying public.

Jayspawn
06-02-2003, 12:06 AM
I'll have to keep my fingers crossed and keep checking online.

Jayspawn
06-15-2003, 07:09 PM
Well still no luck with obtaining Vader or Yoda.

I decided after watching Phantom menace today that I'd like to see Qui-Gon and Darth Maul mini busts. Those would be cool!

[DSS]Pedr0
06-15-2003, 11:28 PM
OOOOh, good idea!!! me likey

Jayspawn
06-20-2003, 10:41 AM
Hey are any of you guys getting the Clonetrooper minibust? It should be up next. I'm still deciding.

[DSS]Pedr0
06-20-2003, 11:35 AM
I want to get all the different ones actually.

LTBasker
06-25-2003, 05:51 PM
Where is their site for these? I remember seeing a site that gave a press release on the Clone Troopers that even had a flash program where you could play with a Clone trooper by putting the different arms on it. Anybody know where that site was? Can't find it again..

[DSS]Pedr0
06-25-2003, 09:40 PM
http://www.darkhorse.com/products/zones/z_starwars/index.html

Jayspawn
06-28-2003, 04:56 PM
I'm pondering wether or not I should preorder the Tarkin Minibust. I don't really like preordering because I hate waiting. But I decided I want to get it anyways.

What do you guys think?

[DSS]Pedr0
06-28-2003, 11:10 PM
Pre-Order, i did

dr_evazan22
06-29-2003, 11:24 PM
For the Clonetrooper bust, to help ensure I get all 3 colors I ordered a whole case (6). I suspect that they'll ship 3 plain white, 2 of one color and 1 of the other color.

That being said, I expect to have 2 white and 1 color avail for sale at cost and shipping if any are interested.

bobafrett
06-30-2003, 12:54 AM
Well, I managed to get the Vader, Yoda, Jango and Boba Fett. I must say that I am impressed. Jango has no arms, Vader and Boba both have one arm, and Yoda has both arms. I have yet to see the Tarkin, but he is so Bad, that I can't resist but to get my hands one one. I'd also like to get the Mace, but money is tight, so I'll get what I can get.

jrosen
06-30-2003, 08:45 AM
How do they look. I am a little hesitant to spend 50 bucks on a 6 inch figure with only a head. Do they look small? I was thinking about getting all the busts that I currently have lightsabers for. I was going to set them up next to the saber. Anybody doing that? How does it look. I am little nervious because they seem too small and would look lost on the shelf.

[DSS]Pedr0
06-30-2003, 09:50 AM
How do they look. I am a little hesitant to spend 50 bucks on a 6 inch figure with only a head. Do they look small? I was thinking about getting all the busts that I currently have lightsabers for. I was going to set them up next to the saber. Anybody doing that? How does it look. I am little nervious because they seem too small and would look lost on the shelf.

DooD, you wont be disappointed in these buys...Zam's looks weird but who cares...the rest look great, especially the Boba one....all the rest are great too.

hansolo
07-01-2003, 09:43 AM
Pedr0']DooD, you wont be disappointed in these buys...Zam's looks weird but who cares...the rest look great, especially the Boba one....all the rest are great too.

yeah I agreed. Zam Wesell mini bust doesn't look like the actress. Plus the paint job is badly done.

So far, Boba is the best among the other 9 mini busts. Jango's armour is badly painted (colour).

Have anyone notice that the Vader mini bust is not the one shown on darkhorse website whereby Vader head is tilted slightly upwards? The one that is release has his helmet level with the horizontal...

Jayspawn
07-01-2003, 09:49 AM
Yes I've noticed that about the Vader bust as well. I just wish I could find one.

[DSS]Pedr0
07-01-2003, 10:14 AM
Yes I've noticed that about the Vader bust as well. I just wish I could find one.

I AM GONNA Go BUY THEM ALL, EVEN IF I HAVE TO OVERPAY ON THE YODA AND VADER ONES :D

hansolo
07-01-2003, 10:18 AM
Pedr0']I AM GONNA Go BUY THEM ALL, EVEN IF I HAVE TO OVERPAY ON THE YODA AND VADER ONES :D

That's the spirit man! I overpaid a lot just to get Yoda and Vader.

The mini bust line simply rocks. I hope they can lived up to their promises and release Royal Guards, Stormtroopers, Biker Scout (rumoured), Chewie. Hopefully a Jedi Luke and Han Solo.

[DSS]Pedr0
07-01-2003, 10:22 AM
I DEFINITELY WANT THE ROYAL GUARDS AND ANY STORMTRooPERS!!! THEY ROCK!!

hansolo
07-01-2003, 05:07 PM
Pedr0']I DEFINITELY WANT THE ROYAL GUARDS AND ANY STORMTRooPERS!!! THEY ROCK!!

Anyone intending to get the convention exclusive Blue Clone Trooper? Be it visiting the convention or buying from Ebay?

[DSS]Pedr0
07-01-2003, 06:51 PM
Im going to try and make it to WizardWorld Chicago in August....so maybe i can scOOp it up :p

Jayspawn
07-01-2003, 08:34 PM
I'm willing to pay $60 at most for the Darth Vader bust. But thats about it. I'm sure I won't get it for that much now- but I'll bide my time. :evil:

hansolo
07-02-2003, 12:38 AM
Posted by [DSS]Pedr0 - Today at 07:51 AM
Im going to try and make it to WizardWorld Chicago in August....so maybe i can scOOp it up

Is it possible for one to get 2 Blue Clone Trooper Bust at the convention? If possible, can I ask you to get one for me also? I really do not wish to bid from Ebay. Thanks!

[DSS]Pedr0
07-02-2003, 08:01 AM
Is it possible for one to get 2 Blue Clone Trooper Bust at the convention? If possible, can I ask you to get one for me also? I really do not wish to bid from Ebay. Thanks!

Depending on their "rules" and since i live close enough, I might go back more than 1 day, so it may be a possibility to pick up more than 1. So, I will see what I can do. ;)

hansolo
07-02-2003, 08:14 AM
Pedr0']Depending on their "rules" and since i live close enough, I might go back more than 1 day, so it may be a possibility to pick up more than 1. So, I will see what I can do. ;)

Yeah, please keep me updated in this thread. Would really appreciate your helpfulness!

hansolo
07-07-2003, 05:36 PM
Are the clone trooper mini busts coming out on schedule? (9th July according to Darkhorse website)

[DSS]Pedr0
07-07-2003, 06:42 PM
Are the clone trooper mini busts coming out on schedule? (9th July according to Darkhorse website)

Still On Schedule From What I Hear....altho I cOuld be Wrong.

dr_evazan22
07-07-2003, 11:57 PM
When I went to WizardWorld East in Philly I was hoping to maybe get Vader and Yoda. Only saw them at 1 booth, and they were asking 125$.

Didn't need it that bad...

hansolo
07-09-2003, 07:56 AM
http://www.darkhorse.com/products/pubdate/index.html?gen=starwars&fld=0&ao=wa&shw=all&mode=DP&k=0&STMTH=04&STYR=2003&ENMTH=08&ENYR=2003&srt=date&disp=50&sstring=

Darkhorse has pushed the date to 13 August.

Jayspawn
07-09-2003, 09:37 AM
Oh that really does suck!

Jayspawn
07-16-2003, 08:50 AM
Is anybody going to SDCC and getting the Blue Clonetrooper minibust?

I really want one but have no way of getting there and not really anyone to pick one up for me.

Jayspawn
07-17-2003, 09:33 AM
Yeah! A couple of very cool mini busts on display at SDCC. Gentle Giant has Darth Vader, Greedo, Scout Trooper, and Moff Tarkin all on display and they look sweet! :D

Now I definatly have to preorder that Tarkin bust for sure!

Thoughts?

[DSS]Pedr0
07-17-2003, 12:59 PM
Yeah! A couple of very cool mini busts on display at SDCC. Gentle Giant has Darth Vader, Greedo, Scout Trooper, and Moff Tarkin all on display and they look sweet! :D

Now I definatly have to preorder that Tarkin bust for sure!

Thoughts?

mines pre-ordered already, just need to make sure I get the Greedo , Scout Trooper and the rest they have!!! :D

hansolo
07-19-2003, 02:42 AM
[DSS]Pedr0

Did you manage to get blue Clone Trooper?

[DSS]Pedr0
07-19-2003, 08:17 AM
[DSS]Pedr0

Did you manage to get blue Clone Trooper?

It's still another few weeks until the Wizard World here in Chicago, don't worry man i didn't forget and i will try.

hansolo
07-19-2003, 07:05 PM
Pedr0']It's still another few weeks until the Wizard World here in Chicago, don't worry man i didn't forget and i will try.

Hey thanks! It's obscene to see the price of the clone trooper (blue) at Ebay currently.
:crazed:

Jayspawn
07-23-2003, 09:29 AM
Yeah those Blue Clonetrooper minibusts are going for some astronomical prices alright. I wish I could have been there to get one, but I'll be happy with a white version. :happy:

[DSS]Pedr0
07-23-2003, 09:37 AM
Yeah those Blue Clonetrooper minibusts are going for some astronomical prices alright. I wish I could have been there to get one, but I'll be happy with a white version. :happy:

Anyone have a link to an ebay auction?? I want to see some of these "deals". :crazed:

Jayspawn
07-24-2003, 09:27 AM
Looks like they're still going between $200-350.

I'm preordering the Tarkin bust this weekend! Yeah!

Jayspawn
07-25-2003, 10:29 AM
My Mace Windu bust arrived in the mail today! I won it off Ebay for $20 which I thought was a steal. While I'm not big on the facial expression, the Samuel L. Jackson likeness is incredible.

hansolo
07-27-2003, 04:36 AM
My Mace Windu bust arrived in the mail today! I won it off Ebay for $20 which I thought was a steal. While I'm not big on the facial expression, the Samuel L. Jackson likeness is incredible.

Yup, the likeness is incredible. Same for Obi Wan Kenobi. But they screwed up Zam Wesell, Padme, and Anakin.

So far the "masked" busts are all very well sculpted.

Jayspawn
07-27-2003, 08:28 PM
I think the Anakin MiniBust looks just like Hayden Christensen. The Zam and Padme Busts are definatly off though. I'm actually skipping the Zam Bust because I didn't like her character that much. :Pirate:

Jayspawn
08-07-2003, 10:38 AM
Wohoo! I've heard that Dark Horse is now shipping their Clonetrooper MiniBusts!

dr_evazan22
08-08-2003, 01:35 AM
The pic of the Greedo bust that is on the OS looks really cool. I may have to pick that one up.

hansolo
08-08-2003, 06:01 AM
Wohoo! I've heard that Dark Horse is now shipping their Clonetrooper MiniBusts!

Ya, the official release date at Darkhorse website shows 6 August 2003.

Jayspawn
08-08-2003, 11:28 AM
Yeah that Greedo Bust looks awesome! I definatly can't wait for him and Tarkin.

LOCKFORD88
08-12-2003, 07:31 PM
Anyone Know Where I Can Find Yoda, Vader, Jango, Boba, N Blue Clone Trooper? I Just Picked Up The Red, Yellow, N White At A Store Near Me In Socal....chris

Jayspawn
08-12-2003, 08:44 PM
Yes, Ebay. And expect to pay a LOT of $ for them too. Those are the very hardest ones to get.

Not Star Wars related, but I picked up the Battle Damaged T-850 MiniBust at Media Play today for $39.99. If you're a Terminator fan and want an excellent collectible, then I highly recommend. :happy:

Jayspawn
08-17-2003, 09:22 AM
Did anyone who ordered Clonetrooper Busts or cases get them yet? How are they?

Turbowars
08-17-2003, 11:57 AM
After getting the Blue Clone from the SDCC, I was hooked. So I pre-ordered from 2 online stores and they both canceled my red and yellow clones. I then had a chance to get them from a Dark Horse shop, but they wanted to sell a set of 3 (White, I already had, Red and Yellow) for 185 and I was short that day. Oh well I guess I should be happy I got the rarest one, right? Anyways I can't wait for the Scout, Stormy and Gunship Pilot. Is there any other Busts to pre ordered besides Greedo and Tarkin?

dr_evazan22
08-17-2003, 08:53 PM
I'm still waiting on my pre-ordered case. I hate going in every week when they don't have it!

Jayspawn
08-17-2003, 09:20 PM
I didn't know they were doing a Gunship Pilot. I could do without it, but I bet it'll be cool looking anyways. Tarkin and Greedo are the only one so far to preorder.

Personally, I really want more Trilogy MiniBusts. Speaking of which and as long as we're all waiting...what versions of Luke, Han and Leia do you all want as MiniBusts? Here's mine...

Luke (Jedi or Tatooine)
Leia (from A New Hope)
Han (from A New Hope)

[DSS]Pedr0
08-17-2003, 10:19 PM
A Han In Carbonite Bust!!! NoW that would be WEIRD/WICKED!!

Jayspawn
08-18-2003, 09:54 AM
I'd like one, but that'd be more of a statue than a bust.

LOCKFORD88
08-18-2003, 03:55 PM
I hope ya get your case bro.......the Clone Trooper busts were heavily allocated which means there are alot of unhappy people...I know exactly what store you are talking about the 185 deal......TFAW...That's where I got mine...Expensive but worth it...Now I have all of em...except for Jango Fett and Yoda...I'll find em though...Can't wait for the CHROME VADER....That piece looks great.....saw it at SDCC! Anyway...good luck finding the busts that ya need.......adios.......Chris

Jayspawn
08-20-2003, 10:25 AM
I got my Anakin and Dooku Busts in the mail yesterday! Excellent likenesses too. Now I need Jango, Vader and Clonetrooper.

[DSS]Pedr0
08-20-2003, 10:28 AM
I got my Anakin and Dooku Busts in the mail yesterday! Excellent likenesses too. Now I need Jango, Vader and Clonetrooper.
I GOT MY DOOKU, JANGO AND BOBA ONES, NoW IM TRYIN TO GET MY CASE FOR $125 OF ANAKIN, PADME', OBI, MACE AND ZAM.....I NEED A CASE OF CLONE TROOPERS TOO, 3 W, 2Y, AND 1 RED.....PLUS I WOULD PAY LIKE $150 EA FOR VADER AND YODA :cry: :cry:

[DSS]Pedr0
08-21-2003, 08:07 AM
DAMN THIS IS SO TEMPTING!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2188554336&category=154

Jayspawn
08-21-2003, 12:32 PM
WOw! That is tempting! I have most of those but I really want those Yoda, Vader and Jango busts!

Jayspawn
08-22-2003, 11:02 PM
For anyone who needs to do some catching up, TowerRecords.Com is having a SALE which includes Star Wars MiniBusts including Anakin, Padme, Mace, Dooku, and the White Clonetrooper! Get em while you can, shipping is cheap too!

JediCole
08-24-2003, 12:41 AM
Why are the mini-busts of Yoda, Darth Vader, and Boba Fett so expensive? A question I'm sure many are asking. Part of the problem lies in what might be called instant rarity. All three of these busts sold out before they were released. Dark Horse only recently sold out of many if not all of the original four busts (Anakin, Amidalla, Mace, Obi-Wan). Even Dooku and Zam Wessel were not fast sellers. Jango Fett was the first to sell out of its production run. After that, all have sold out before they even shipped, some even having initial orders (often placed four months or more in advance by retailers) that exceeded the set production numbers. Boba Fett is a good example. I usually only order two each of the Star Wars busts (three if I want one for myself), one for the toy and comic shows and one for a long-time customer who I give a 10% discount. In the case of Boba Fett I knew it would be hot so I ordered five (bear in mind, this was ordered about five months before it was released and the production run was increased) and only received two! Despite Dark Horse increasing the production run, I only received 40% of my initial order! And one of those was already promised to someone! And when they did arrive, Mrs. JediCole took one look at it and sait it was too gorgeous to sell. So I kept the other one.
At any rate, the Clone Trooper busts were supposed to be thusly allocated. I did not get my order in on time that month and had to reorder a case so I didn't expect to get any at all. I saw my invoice for next week and discovered that I had inadvertanly ordered not one but two cases! And would be getting both! Shame there are no toy shows any time soon. Oh well, I'll be well stocked for October.
And as for the new busts coming down the pike, they just seem to be getting better! I wish I had collected them all! Tarkin is, in my opinion, one of the best of the bunch. The design is brilliant and the sculpt incredible. I also love Greedo and the Scout Trooper (one which could have seemed quite bland). I look forward to them being offered for order by my distributor.

drizzit
08-24-2003, 10:22 AM
Pedr0']I GOT MY DOOKU, JANGO AND BOBA ONES, NoW IM TRYIN TO GET MY CASE FOR $125 OF ANAKIN, PADME', OBI, MACE AND ZAM.....I NEED A CASE OF CLONE TROOPERS TOO, 3 W, 2Y, AND 1 RED.....PLUS I WOULD PAY LIKE $150 EA FOR VADER AND YODA :cry: :cry:
[DSS]Pedr0
I sent you a PM

[DSS]Pedr0
08-24-2003, 12:53 PM
[DSS]Pedr0
I sent you a PM

Replied to your PM.

Jayspawn
08-24-2003, 08:25 PM
Vader, Boba and Yoda are expecially popular because they are Classic Trilogy characters and more people fancy those, I believe. You can bet Greedo and Tarkin are gonna be very popular too!

Jayspawn
08-30-2003, 08:42 AM
My Clonetrooper MiniBust arrived in the mail yesterday. And what a bust too, it's awesome! The neutral pose the body is in is very neat, with all the interchangable arms etc. The only minus is that the tissue that all the MiniBusts are wrapped in was STUCK to the back if the black base. I had to tear it off and there is still a little on now. Like the paint was wet and the tissue stuck. It smelled freshly painted too,

But overall, it's cool as hell!

hansolo
08-30-2003, 11:30 PM
My Clonetrooper MiniBust arrived in the mail yesterday. And what a bust too, it's awesome! The neutral pose the body is in is very neat, with all the interchangable arms etc. The only minus is that the tissue that all the MiniBusts are wrapped in was STUCK to the back if the black base. I had to tear it off and there is still a little on now. Like the paint was wet and the tissue stuck. It smelled freshly painted too,

But overall, it's cool as hell!

Which color did you order?

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive.

Jayspawn
08-31-2003, 08:53 AM
Mine is white. I didn't care which color I got as long as I got one. :happy:

hansolo
08-31-2003, 06:10 PM
Mine is white. I didn't care which color I got as long as I got one. :happy:

Ya, that's right. Get whatever you like! :D

I got my red Clone Trooper from Toynk.com. Pre-ordered it few months back. I forget about it until the staff from Toynk email me last week, saying the mini bust is readyto ship.

Jayspawn
09-12-2003, 11:05 AM
Well hansolo, did you get your Red Clone Bust?

Still no luck tracking down a Darth Vader, Jango Fett or Yoda bust. But the Tarkin bust is coming up!

[DSS]Pedr0
09-12-2003, 11:11 AM

Still no luck tracking down a Darth Vader, Jango Fett or Yoda bust. But the Tarkin bust is coming up!VADER IS ON ORDER...Yoda Is Next On My List.....nothing over $150 tho :D

Jayspawn
09-14-2003, 01:04 AM
TheForce.Net has a great picture of the Scout Trooper Mini Bust. Very cool looking but the pose covers up the head. The masks are the best part! :(

bobafrett
09-14-2003, 02:09 AM
I really like the Scout Trooper, I'm hoping to get my hands on one. Gentle Giant Mini Busts, one of the few Star Wars collectibles I actually open to display!

Tarkin is one on my "must" get list, even if it means having to steal it from a friend! J/K!

Jayspawn
09-22-2003, 09:46 AM
Just a little heads up, NewForceComics.Com had the Greedo Mini-Bust up for presale. And it's only $37.99 too! The best price I've seen. :happy:

bobafrett
09-22-2003, 12:32 PM
I picked up a white Clone trooper yesterday at a collectibles place. I paid $50 for it. They also had the yellow clone trooper there for the same price. The Red clonetroopers price label was sitting behind it face down, but it was on a glass shelf, and it said Red Clonetrooper $100. My guess is, he's (the owner of Alien Entertainment) probably asking more for it now just as he did when I bought up his last Yoda mini bust. He told me, "I'd normally sell it for $50, but because he's my last one, it will be $60".

BTW, I must say that the white clonetrooper is awesome with the interchangable arms and weapons.

[DSS]Pedr0
09-22-2003, 01:17 PM
Received my WHITE & YELLOW Troopers today from EBAY, $110 total shipping included, So I still made out relatively even i say....Red is coming soon, Vader Also, now i just need Yoda & Blue and I'm all good. :D

mm74md
09-24-2003, 07:16 PM
I really don't want to brag, but....I went to a place called Atomic Comics in Hagerstown, MD today to see their new figs. And to my surprise...Yoda Mini Bust for $45! I was shocked. I haven't bought any busts before & couldn't pass up Yoda for $45. I really would like to get the Boba Fett but don't want to pay over $60 for it.

Could anyone recommend a place?

Jayspawn
09-25-2003, 12:23 AM
You got one hell of a deal, I don't mind saying. Welcome to Mini-Bust Collecting!

hansolo
09-25-2003, 11:05 AM
I really don't want to brag, but....I went to a place called Atomic Comics in Hagerstown, MD today to see their new figs. And to my surprise...Yoda Mini Bust for $45! I was shocked. I haven't bought any busts before & couldn't pass up Yoda for $45. I really would like to get the Boba Fett but don't want to pay over $60 for it.

Could anyone recommend a place?

It's a steal man! I got mine for US$89 (excluding international shipping) from a French online website.

hansolo
09-25-2003, 11:08 AM

Still no luck tracking down a Darth Vader, Jango Fett or Yoda bust. But the Tarkin bust is coming up!

Yup, Toynk lived up to their promise. I got the Red Clone Trooper for US$60 plus US$25 shipping to Singapore. And their international shipping is fast too..about 10 days.

Is the helmet and the armour of your clone trooper white? I got blue and red, both seems to have those "yellowing" white colour or should say biege colour.

LOCKFORD88
09-26-2003, 03:38 AM
wow.....that is one sweet ***** deal.....45 bucks for yoda.....that is the only one i need to complete my collection.....i picked up a vader from kevin smiths store in jersey for 100 bucks.....nice deal.....they shipped it out to me in cali.....and i got all the rest of em except yoda...waiting for the right price on him.....my house will be finished in december and i will finally have room to display em in my office......once i get it all set up.....ill post some pics......keep an eye out for the new wizard clone pilot bust and the mbna chrome vader.......should both be hitting in the next few months from what gentle giant told me in an email....can't wait......adios all.....chris

Jayspawn
09-26-2003, 10:01 AM
Ah yes, I'd forgotten about the Clone Pilot Bust. A Wizard Exclusive huh? I'm a little worried now, they usually cost too much and take forever to arrive.

Jayspawn
10-10-2003, 09:30 AM
Dark Horse still has October 15th as the release date for the Moff Tarkin Bust, but I've not heard much about it. I hope we still get it on time.

bobafrett
10-18-2003, 12:19 AM
I preordered the Speeder bike pilot, and the Grand Moff Tarkin mini busts today from EE. They have a November release date for both, but I'm hoping I ordered early enough to actually get them.

JosephSI
10-21-2003, 03:00 AM
Just a heads up that we (Southern Island) have Grand Moff Tarkin Busts for $39.95 along with Greedo and Scout Trooper Busts for Pre-Order. Check out the for sale forum on this board for more information under the heading "Grand Moff Tarkin Bust " We also price match.

Jayspawn
10-27-2003, 10:18 AM
I'm starting to get a little impatient waiting for the Tarkin Bust. I need a Mini-Bust fix!!!!

bobafrett
10-27-2003, 03:36 PM
I'm starting to get a little impatient waiting for the Tarkin Bust. I need a Mini-Bust fix!!!!

Tell me about it. I was at a local Sci-Fi store a couple of weeks back, and they had a deal buy two mini busts for $80. They were the Anakin, Mace, Padme, and Obi-Wan. I was there to get the white Clone Trooper. The deal did not apply to this clone trooper, otherwise I would have dished out the extra $30 for one of the earlier mini's.

Turbowars
10-27-2003, 10:53 PM
When I got my Blue and White Clones I was all excited to get these new ones coming out, but when my pre-orders for the Yellow and Red Clones were canceled, I lost interest. I like to complete sets and Genital Giants has made sure I wont be able to, so they can go to hell.:D

dr_evazan22
10-28-2003, 03:06 AM
The only one I'm missing is the Blue Trooper from the conventions, and I won't be shelling out big bucks just to get him.

Too bad we can't all be Genital Giants :) !

[DSS]Pedr0
10-28-2003, 07:13 AM
The only one I'm missing is the Blue Trooper from the conventions, and I won't be shelling out big bucks just to get him.

I JUST CAUGHT THAT!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!! :D Nice one Turbo

Jayspawn
10-28-2003, 08:42 AM
Yes its a shame that the Clone Busts were WAY oversold and lots a people missed out on complete sets.

I got an email from Gentle Giant the other day asking for suggestions and comments as far as statues, ornaments and minibusts. I told them statues are promising, ornaments would be neat (depending on how they look) and I threw out a few minibust suggestions like Qui-Gon Jinn, Darth Maul, and Classic C-3PO.

bobafrett
10-28-2003, 09:32 AM

Or would that be Giant Genitals? :crazed:

Yes its a shame that the Clone Busts were WAY oversold and lots a people missed out on complete sets.

I got an email from Gentle Giant the other day asking for suggestions and comments as far as statues, ornaments and minibusts. I told them statues are promising, ornaments would be neat (depending on how they look) and I threw out a few minibust suggestions like Qui-Gon Jinn, Darth Maul, and Classic C-3PO

Don't forget the Stormtroopers, nor the Tusken Raiders!

Jayspawn
10-28-2003, 09:36 AM
I'm all for Tusken Raiders and especially Stormtroopers, but I want some more 'main' characters like Chewbacca, Qui-Gon, Lango etc.

Jayspawn
10-28-2003, 09:37 AM
Oops, edit: Lando.

bobafrett
10-28-2003, 09:51 AM
Well, my disposable income is only so big. So hopefully they won't release them all at once. If it's main characters, what about Luke, Han, and Leia?

Turbowars
10-28-2003, 06:03 PM
Pedr0']I JUST CAUGHT THAT!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!! :D Nice one TurboThank you very much. I'd hoped some of you would get a smile on your face.;)

[DSS]Pedr0
10-29-2003, 11:18 PM
Vader Bust at $50 right now...9 days left http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2200142656&category=154

Jayspawn
10-30-2003, 12:11 AM
Thats so not cool, you know its gonna jump to like $150 before it ends.

This is the one I really want too. :mad:

[DSS]Pedr0
10-30-2003, 09:04 PM
DarkHorse.com has it listed as DEC.31,2003 NOW!!!! WTF?!?!?! :confused: :mad:

[DSS]Pedr0
10-30-2003, 09:05 PM
Greedo is listed at Dec.10,2003??? what gives?

Jayspawn
10-30-2003, 11:48 PM
What gives? There better not be a delay on the Mini-Busts! We've all been waiting a good long time for the next bust to arrive. We've been more than patient.

Gentle Giants's website still has October for the release of the Tarkin Bust. Hopefully that won't change.

Turbowars
10-30-2003, 11:57 PM
I still have the latest 2 on pre-order, but I think I'm going to pass on these. The way things have been going with these precious hunk of waht ever they are made off, my order will probably be canceled.:rolleyes:

bobafrett
10-31-2003, 12:16 AM
I'm going to keep mine on preorder. That is unless I find them at my local scalper, I mean dealer!

[DSS]Pedr0
11-03-2003, 10:43 AM
I go today to pick up my Red Clonetrooper. :D

Jayspawn
11-04-2003, 11:36 PM
Rebelscum has some great pictures of the Clone Pilot Mini-Bust set to be a Wizard World exclusive. It's pretty damn sweet! I cant wait to get me one of these.

They also have some great pictures of the Vader MiniBust, which I've decided is my favorite but is one I cannot get!

bobafrett
11-13-2003, 12:26 PM
I just got my Padme mini bust that I picked up for $20 on eBay. One less mini bust to buy!

Jayspawn
11-13-2003, 12:33 PM
Thats a great price, even though it doesnt look much like Natalie its still pretty neat.

(Now if only I could get the Darth Vader bust for that much :mad: )

bobafrett
11-13-2003, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I saw one of those Chrome Vader mini busts on eBay going for over $100! Wow, something that you get for free for signing up for a CC, you turn around and sell for a good profit.

What's the going price on average for a standard Vader mini bust?

[DSS]Pedr0
11-13-2003, 07:24 PM
YAY!! Second Yellow Comander arrived today. Now all I need is the BLUE and I'm all GOOD!!:D

Jayspawn
11-13-2003, 08:22 PM
Its still $100+ for the regular Vader Bust. The Chrome Vader Bust you had to get when you signed up and spent x amount of money.

bobafrett
11-15-2003, 09:34 AM
Its still $100+ for the regular Vader Bust. The Chrome Vader Bust you had to get when you signed up and spent x amount of money.

Still though, you didn't have to "buy" the chrome Vader mini bust, correct? I mean, your going to buy some stuff with your credit card, and then earn this chrome Vader bust, but then to turn around and sell it on eBay? I wish I had watched that auction now to see what the final sale price was.

mm74md
11-15-2003, 03:18 PM
Still though, you didn't have to "buy" the chrome Vader mini bust, correct? I mean, your going to buy some stuff with your credit card, and then earn this chrome Vader bust, but then to turn around and sell it on eBay? I wish I had watched that auction now to see what the final sale price was.

You didn't have to buy anything. It came for free just for being approved. I got mine & really want the original Vader instead. I'm selling my Chrome Vader starting tomorrow on eBay so I have the money to pick up the black Vader.

LOCKFORD88
11-16-2003, 03:33 AM
HEY BRO.....I have an extra vader bust or a boba fett or yellow clone trooper bust. i will trade ya one for the chrome vader bust....email me at lockford88@aol.com if interested....

[DSS]Pedr0
11-17-2003, 12:01 PM
YEAH!! I won the BLUE Clonetrooper on EBAY the other DAY!!!!! :crazed: Now, to only get the frick'n MBNA Vader and I will be complete, at least for now. I STILL WANT MY DAMN TARKIN AND GREEDO BUST!!!! :mad:

Jayspawn
11-19-2003, 12:40 PM
Well, Gentle Giant did it to us, they pushed back the release of the Tarkin Bust to December 31st! Whats the deal? This sucks!

bobafrett
11-19-2003, 03:07 PM
Well, at least I have one reserved (fingers crossed) at EE, gives me a little more time to free up some more credit. A Governor Tarkin for the new year!

bauchi
11-19-2003, 06:54 PM
Looking to trade a yoda or a Boba Fett mini bust for a Vader mini bust ...

Turbowars
11-19-2003, 07:59 PM
Well, Gentle Giant did it to us, they pushed back the release of the Tarkin Bust to December 31st! Whats the deal? This sucks! Face it guys, GG is a crap *** run company and have no clue how to conduct business with customers that want their product. They need to get their heads out of their *** and produce this stuff. Theirs no reason to limit these things to the low #'s while they have seen the demand. The Vader, Yoda, Fett and Color variant Clones need to show up again. I would love to see everyone cancel their orders to prove a point about their actions. I'm POed and I don't even collect these things anymore.:D

bobafrett
11-19-2003, 11:26 PM
Has anyone heard about the release date for the Biker scout? I have one on preorder, but didn't see him listed in the latest EE catalog, just the Tarkin, and the Greedo mini's.

Jayspawn
11-19-2003, 11:35 PM
It doesnt really matter now anyways, you can bet the release dates for Scout and Greedo got pushed WAAYYYY back because of the Tarkin Bust delay. :mad:

bobafrett
11-25-2003, 06:55 PM
I don't know, I checked the Gentle Giant website, and they still have the Tarkin kisted as a release in November. Where dis you hear it was being set back to late December Jayspawn?

[DSS]Pedr0
11-25-2003, 11:45 PM
I don't know, I checked the Gentle Giant website, and they still have the Tarkin kisted as a release in November. Where dis you hear it was being set back to late December Jayspawn?I checked my orders at DarkHorse.com, they are usually on top of it.

Jayspawn
11-26-2003, 10:12 AM
I think I read it on Rebelscum -which is pretty reliable. I also see the Tarkin release date as November on the GG website so I have my fingers crossed. I'm starting to go through MiniBust withdrawal.

[DSS]Pedr0
11-26-2003, 10:46 AM
I think I read it on Rebelscum -which is pretty reliable. I also see the Tarkin release date as November on the GG website so I have my fingers crossed. I'm starting to go through MiniBust withdrawal.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3159734026&category=50263 <--- BLUE BUST ON EBAY. If you search around on there. There are like a total of 4 or so on their right now.

[DSS]Pedr0
11-26-2003, 12:57 PM
I don't know, I checked the Gentle Giant website, and they still have the Tarkin kisted as a release in November. BTW, I checked and its says:
Grand Moff Tarkin - release date - 1/07/2004
Biker Scout - release date - 1/21/2004
Greedo - release date - 2/25/2004

[DSS]Pedr0
11-26-2003, 05:19 PM
BLue Clonetrooper arrived today!!! #443/1000 AWESOME PIECE!!!!

Jayspawn
11-28-2003, 09:49 AM
Yeah I figured Gentle Giant would do that. They make great products, but they dont make enough or get them out in good time.

If anybody has an extra Vader, Jango or Yoda bust they're willing to let go, send me a pm. I need to fix my withdrawal.

[DSS]Pedr0
12-01-2003, 02:17 PM
I cant seem to find a pic that was posted here showing a GREEN Clonetrooper bust. Can someone post it again. I'm looking to paint an extra White one Green and want to reference it off of a green pic. And what rank does it denote?

Jayspawn
12-01-2003, 04:54 PM
The Green Clones have the same markings as the others, only green. Green Clonetroopers are Sergeants.

Jayspawn
12-09-2003, 01:05 PM
I got an email from Toynk.com saying that the Moff Tarkin Bust (among other things) are in route to them. So he may not be too far away!

[DSS]Pedr0
12-09-2003, 02:28 PM
I got an email from Toynk.com saying that the Moff Tarkin Bust (among other things) are in route to them. So he may not be too far away!
TFAW.COM tells me that mine is shipping out at some point between tomorrow and next week. We will see what happens.

bobafrett
12-09-2003, 08:55 PM
EE still has my Tarkin mini busts listed as January release. I must say though, they had the 12" Jawa wave as a January, but they are on the way to my door, and should be here by Friday, so there is still hope that I'll have my Tarkin before the end of the year.

Jayspawn
12-10-2003, 11:55 PM
I got emails from Gentle Giant and New Force Comics saying that the Moff Tarkin Busts are on the way! Finally! It's been what 6/7 months since the last release. Aie!

Anyway GG says the Clone Pilot Bust will be a Wizard World Exclusive (that sucks) available in March '04 at the convention. No word on what the price will be. Also, they have a Green Sergent Clone Bust in the works for March '04, this will be that last Clone Bust they say.

bobafrett
12-11-2003, 12:34 AM
I got emails from Gentle Giant and New Force Comics saying that the Moff Tarkin Busts are on the way! Finally! It's been what 6/7 months since the last release. Aie!

Anyway GG says the Clone Pilot Bust will be a Wizard World Exclusive (that sucks) available in March '04 at the convention. No word on what the price will be. Also, they have a Green Sergent Clone Bust in the works for March '04, this will be that last Clone Bust they say.

I hope so. There are so many better characters that deserve a GG mini bust than what a 4th or 5th clonetrooper. Don't get me wrong, I like the Clones, but they could make many other main characters that I would buy before spending money on a clone with a different stripe painted down his armor.

[DSS]Pedr0
12-11-2003, 07:30 AM
We are so gonna get screwed on this new clonetrooper tho. 2500 pieces WORLDWIDE!!! And then the Pilot Bust is debuting at the LA Wizard World and THEY are distibuting it. Gonna be another BLUE CLONE/MBNA VADER HASSLE!!! :mad:

Jayspawn
12-11-2003, 05:51 PM
Yeah that is too bad. GG needs to get somebody else in their Marketing department. Once again 2 more great Mini-Busts that I wont be able to get because I dont live in LA. :mad:

bobafrett
12-13-2003, 12:47 AM
I see that Entertainment Earth is processing my Tarkin Mini Bust! Yes, my Christmas present to ME!

JosephSI
12-13-2003, 01:08 AM
Yes, We finally received our shipment of Tarkin Busts as well. I'm pretty happy these came in as a ton of people bought them for the Holidays. :)

I see that Entertainment Earth is processing my Tarkin Mini Bust! Yes, my Christmas present to ME!

Jayspawn
12-13-2003, 10:01 AM
My Christmas present to me was the Imperial Shuttle. The Tarkin Bust is a bonus! Sort of a pre-Christmas present. lol

bobafrett
12-16-2003, 11:53 PM
Got an e-mail today from EE, and my Tarkin Bust shipped!! Hope it gets here before Christmas!

Jayspawn
12-16-2003, 11:56 PM
Few Force still hasnt charged me for the Tarkin Bust, usually they're pretty fast. I'm starting to get impatient!

"I grow tired of asking so it'll be the last time. Where is the Tarkin Bust?"

Jayspawn
12-24-2003, 02:43 PM
Yeah! New Force has shipped out my Moff Tarkin Bust and it'lll arrive in 3 days!

[DSS]Pedr0
12-24-2003, 04:33 PM
Damn, I forgot, mine came in a week ago AWESOME piece. #2525

bobafrett
12-26-2003, 10:49 AM
Got my Tarkin mini bust when I arrived home last night. I love it! Next item I am waiting for........the Biker Scout I have preordered also from EE.

Jayspawn
01-02-2004, 10:56 PM
Wohoo! Finally my Grand Moff Tarkin Bust arrived in the mail today. 795/ 6000. My day has been made. I've had my mini-bust fix for a while. Hpefully Greedo wont be far behind.

Jayspawn
01-06-2004, 12:18 AM
Do any of you (besides me) fill out and send in the Consumer Response cards that come with the Mini-Busts? I do, every time, every bust. I always list the Star Wars characters I want to see made into mini busts. This time (the card that comes with Tarkin) I'm telling them to reissue or remake the Darth Vader and Yoda busts. I'm tired of not owning them!

Anybody send these in?

bobafrett
01-06-2004, 01:44 AM
I didn't realize there were any reply cards. I will give a look inside my box to see if I missed one. I'm all for having a Stormtrooper mini bust done.

[DSS]Pedr0
01-06-2004, 10:13 AM
This time (the card that comes with Tarkin) I'm telling them to reissue or remake the Darth Vader and Yoda busts. I'm tired of not owning them!
Ebay?? Thats your best bet. Some are even as low as $100.

Jayspawn
01-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Thats still too much. I refuse to give in!

Jayspawn
02-12-2004, 02:02 PM
Well finally, some news at last. Got an email from Gentle Giant today announcing their latest mini-bust of Bossk from "Empire." Sounds cool, cant wait to see it. And while I think it'll look great I'd still rather have some more main characters like Luke, Chewbacca, or Darth Maul made already.

Also, GG will be making more Matrix mini-busts. The Twins just released with Niobe on the way after and Persephone by th end of the year. But with GG's distributing problems you never know.

bobafrett
02-12-2004, 02:27 PM
Yes, and I also read that both Greedo and the Scout trooper are in the warehouse, and ready to ship, which mean I'll be getting notification soon on my Biiker Scout getting shipped from EE.

Jayspawn
02-16-2004, 11:43 AM
And now my day has been made hhearing about and seeing pictures of Bossk, as well as the Gamorean Guard, Stormtrooper, Luke X-Wing and a Sandtrooper! They look f'n amazing! Especialy the Luke and Stormtrooper.

The Mini-Helmets are awesome too! And I hear they are coming out in pairs so you get more -cool stuff! I'm looking forward to the Imperial Helmets most.

I dont know about those Bust-Ups though. Vader and the Emperor look cool but Luke, Han and Leia look goofy and not at all like Gentle Giants quality standard.

Anybody else?

hansolo
02-29-2004, 08:33 AM
I have pre-ordered Greedo and BiKer Scout Mini Bust from Toynk.com. But till now, I have yet to receive a shipping notification from them. :confused:

For those who are intending to get the Clone Pilot bust, how are you guys going to get one? From Wizard Word?

bobafrett
02-29-2004, 08:59 AM
I got notification yesterday that my biker scout bust was on it's way from Entertainment Earth.

As far as the clone trooper minis go, I only have a white clonetrooper, can't afford a whole lot more.

hansolo
02-29-2004, 09:45 AM
I got notification yesterday that my biker scout bust was on it's way from Entertainment Earth.

As far as the clone trooper minis go, I only have a white clonetrooper, can't afford a whole lot more.

Any idea where I can get a white clone trooper for under US$40, other than Ebay?

Gentle Giant is driving us crazy with 3 Clone Troopers Exclusives: Blue, Green and Pilot. :zzz: :frus: :mad:

bobafrett
02-29-2004, 01:12 PM
Check any comic/or collectors stores. I saw one at the place near my house, but I'm not sure what he was asking for it. Next time I'mn by there, I will see what it's going for.

I know the pilot is going to be very limited, and therefore going for a pretty penny, and wasn't there also a red striped clone mini bust made also?

Turbowars
02-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Check any comic/or collectors stores. I saw one at the place near my house, but I'm not sure what he was asking for it. Next time I'mn by there, I will see what it's going for.

I know the pilot is going to be very limited, and therefore going for a pretty penny, and wasn't there also a red striped clone mini bust made also?Yeah there was a Red and Yellow Clone bust, but they weren't exclusive to anyone. They might as well thought, because they were hard as hell to find.

[DSS]Pedr0
02-29-2004, 02:06 PM
Yeah there was a Red and Yellow Clone bust, but they weren't exclusive to anyone. They might as well thought, because they were hard as hell to find.
Well I am finally caught up on all the busts. I got Zam in the mail the other day, #38. I am currently working on 2 of every clone now. I have a second White one coming, I already have 2 yellow, Just need another blue and red and I'll be set until the NEW ones come out.

mini-rock
02-29-2004, 02:47 PM
Pedr0']Well I am finally caught up on all the busts. I got Zam in the mail the other day, #38. I am currently working on 2 of every clone now. I have a second White one coming, I already have 2 yellow, Just need another blue and red and I'll be set until the NEW ones come out.

Cool! So you have Tarkin, Greedo, and Scout also? Those are the only busts I haven't picked up yet, but will most likely in the next couple weeks. Right now I'm working on getting my entire SW 12" collection sold, and working on getting the lifesize Vader.

[DSS]Pedr0
02-29-2004, 03:19 PM
Cool! So you have Tarkin, Greedo, and Scout also? Those are the only busts I haven't picked up yet, but will most likely in the next couple weeks. Right now I'm working on getting my entire SW 12" collection sold, and working on getting the lifesize Vader.Yea, Zam , Greedo, and Biker Scout ALL arrived this past week and Tarkin awhile ago. They are all great pieces. Lifesize Vader huh?? What kind of Dispaly area do you have? Just your theatre room or other places as well?

mini-rock
02-29-2004, 10:35 PM
Pedr0']Yea, Zam , Greedo, and Biker Scout ALL arrived this past week and Tarkin awhile ago. They are all great pieces. Lifesize Vader huh?? What kind of Dispaly area do you have? Just your theatre room or other places as well?

The room is approx. 2800 cubic ft. with the equipment in the front, and the props & other collectibles in the back of the room. I thought that maybe Vader would look impressive standing in the entry to the room that's approx. 5'w X 10' h X 3'd or maybe a Storm/Clonetrooper. I dunno, something like that. :)

I really can't wait to see pics on the Sandtrooper/Dewback and Luke/Tauntaun statue's. I may just end up dumpimg the busts on eBay if GG produces enough stats.

[DSS]Pedr0
02-29-2004, 11:26 PM
The room is approx. 2800 cubic ft. with the equipment in the front, and the props & other collectibles in the back of the room. I thought that maybe Vader would look impressive standing in the entry to the room that's approx. 5'w X 10' h X 3'd or maybe a Storm/Clonetrooper. I dunno, something like that. :)

I really can't wait to see pics on the Sandtrooper/Dewback and Luke/Tauntaun statue's. I may just end up dumpimg the busts on eBay if GG produces enough stats.You'll Dump which ever ones I need on me buddy! :D You should get Vader FLanked by Clones or Stormies in the entry way, That would be wicked.

Turbowars
02-29-2004, 11:31 PM

I really can't wait to see pics on the Sandtrooper/Dewback and Luke/Tauntaun statue's. I may just end up dumpimg the busts on eBay if GG produces enough stats.I got first dibs on Boba Fett!!!:D

mini-rock
03-01-2004, 05:06 AM
VULTURES!! LOL! :p

I have an extra Zam, White Clone, Obi-Wan, and Padme to get rid of for now, but GG would have to make stats of most of the busts before I'd get rid of those. :)

[DSS]Pedr0
03-01-2004, 08:53 AM
VULTURES!! LOL! :p
Not Me! I was just looking out for you so you could get your money back ASAP for when you need to get the stats. Now, Gimme That Damn CLone bust!! :D

mini-rock
03-01-2004, 05:19 PM
Pedr0']Not Me! I was just looking out for you so you could get your money back ASAP for when you need to get the stats. Now, Gimme That Damn CLone bust!! :D

Good lookin out dude. :D

Oh, and NO! Well not yet anyway. ;)

Jayspawn
03-12-2004, 10:58 PM
My Greedo and Biker Scout mini-busts arrived today! Man, when Gentle Giant actually gets these out -they look incredible. I love both of em!

Just wish I could get Vader, Yoda or Jango.

Bossk is up next right? Excellent.

dr_evazan22
03-14-2004, 07:23 PM
I got my Greedo last week and the Scout this week. Both are VERY sweet!

Looking forward to Bossk and the Stormies announced at TF.

[DSS]Pedr0
03-14-2004, 09:15 PM
I got my Greedo last week and the Scout this week. Both are VERY sweet!

Looking forward to Bossk and the Stormies announced at TF.
The clones with multiple arms and the future Stormies...How many have/will buy multiples just to display them with ALL positions? I have the clones and am working on completing doubles or triples on them.

dr_evazan22
03-15-2004, 07:06 PM
I have or will be getting just one of each color, and that will be enough to have 1 of each set of arms represented. I don't think I would get multiples even if I had the money to purchase them. That money could be used for an AT AT or Stormie blaster or something.

mini-rock
03-16-2004, 07:24 AM
I'm actually more excited about the upcoming statues and maquettes than the minibusts. Can't wait to see more pics of those.

[DSS]: If you're looking for a White Clonetrooper let me know. I have an extra (open box, but untouched) if you're interested. :)

[DSS]Pedr0
03-16-2004, 07:51 AM
I'm actually more excited about the upcoming statues and maquettes than the minibusts. Can't wait to see more pics of those.

[DSS]: If you're looking for a White Clonetrooper let me know. I have an extra (open box, but untouched) if you're interested. :)
Send It Please, Thank You! :D

Jayspawn
03-16-2004, 10:59 AM
The upcoming Statues do look fantastic. I cant wait for the Gold C-3PO statue and the Animated Yoda. I'm be getting those for sure.

mini-rock
03-16-2004, 05:08 PM
Pedr0']Send It Please, Thank You! :D

$20 including shipping and it's yours. :)
Also I have an extra Obi-Wan, Zam, and Padme that I'm letting go for $10 each + $3 for shipping if you know anyone who is looking to get some for cheap. In my ordering frenzy during the week I picked up all the GG SW busts I accidentally bought doubles of a few, so I really don't need them.

J: I haven't seen the gold 3-PO yet, but I'm sure it will be great. The Yoda maquette has me very excited about the entire Clone War line.

[DSS]Pedr0
03-16-2004, 05:49 PM
$20 including shipping and it's yours. :)
Excellent! Paypal or other? Info to send funds please.

dr_evazan22
03-16-2004, 10:28 PM
Also I have an extra Obi-Wan, Zam, and Padme that I'm letting go for $10 each + $3 for shipping if you know anyone who is looking to get some for cheap.

If you haven't gotten any takers yet then I'm interested. LMK.

JediCole
03-17-2004, 02:10 PM
I currently have two white Clone Trooper mini-busts that were promised to someone online a couple of months ago. Due to personal circumstances he had to back out on the deal, but sent me $10.00 for the trouble. At the time I told him I would put that toward the two busts if he felt he could pay by the end of March. He agreed, but has not responded to my inquiries to determine if he still plans to make good on the offer. If he does not, both will be made available for $40.00 each plus shipping (the same offer made to this buyer). Both have been opened and displayed, but are none too bad for having been around a bit, one was in a display cabinet for several months assembled in one configuration only.
Anyway, if anyone is interested, please email now (jedicole@yahoo.com) as the lowest numbered bust would go to the first to reply. They will not be avaliable until March 31, 2004 if at all. I will inform all who reply if there are any changes, but if you are seeking these busts for less than the original $50.00 list price, you might as well get on the list right away as I have only these two remaining.

Hellstorm10
03-18-2004, 08:48 AM
I currently have two white Clone Trooper mini-busts that were promised to someone online a couple of months ago. Due to personal circumstances he had to back out on the deal, but sent me $10.00 for the trouble. At the time I told him I would put that toward the two busts if he felt he could pay by the end of March. He agreed, but has not responded to my inquiries to determine if he still plans to make good on the offer. If he does not, both will be made available for $40.00 each plus shipping (the same offer made to this buyer). Both have been opened and displayed, but are none too bad for having been around a bit, one was in a display cabinet for several months assembled in one configuration only.
Anyway, if anyone is interested, please email now (jedicole@yahoo.com) as the lowest numbered bust would go to the first to reply. They will not be avaliable until March 31, 2004 if at all. I will inform all who reply if there are any changes, but if you are seeking these busts for less than the original $50.00 list price, you might as well get on the list right away as I have only these two remaining.

I am also collecting the Star Wars minibusts.
I still don't have a few of them though.
I am missing the White Clone Trooper
Red Clone Trooper
Boba Fett

I would actually prefer to obtain these busts in new/ unopened condition, but I will consider myself lucky to obtain these in any condition. Especially if the bust has a nice number.

Let me know what are the numbers for the 2 White Clones you have available. You may also reach me directly at Hellstorm10@msn.com
Thanks! :)

JediCole
03-18-2004, 11:40 AM
Hellstorm,
Word arrived today that the person to whom the above offer was made will be unable to complete the transaction as hoped. Therefore the busts are now available once again, and earlier than expected. I have had one prior response to this post and I am waiting to see if that member wants just one or both. If only one, you are next in line. I will be able to get the numbers off of the busts this evening (they are still packed for shipping in anticipation of the offer that did not go through). Both are in their original packaging with inserts, COA's, etc. and are in great shape as they've only made a few stops at toy/comic shows.

Jayspawn
03-18-2004, 03:00 PM
I dont suppose anybody has an extra Yoda, Jango, or extra Vader mini-bust they're willing to part with?

JediCole
03-18-2004, 11:00 PM
The two Clone Trooper busts have been spoken for, thanks to all who replied.

mini-rock
03-18-2004, 11:47 PM
Not bad JC, considering they usually go for $30 each. ;) :D

Jayspawn: The Yoda bust seems to move up & down in price quite a bit. Around x-mas I saw Yoda go for $110, last month for about $180, and just recently $120. The best bet is to check around often if you're looking to get him cheaper than usual. :)

Edit- Hit wrong button.

bobafrett
03-21-2004, 07:26 AM
:mad: :( :frus: :mad: my feelings toward what I thought was going to be a good deal, but was offered up to another SSGer. Whatever.

mini-rock
03-21-2004, 05:54 PM
:mad: :( :frus: :mad: my feelings toward what I thought was going to be a good deal, but was offered up to another SSGer. Whatever.

Can't please everyone, and they responded first. :)

Turbowars
03-21-2004, 06:29 PM
So guys whats a good price for a Yellow, Red Clone and Fett bust these days? I have a love hate relationship with these busts. I hate the company but love their product. Anyways if anyone knows someone that has these LMK.

mini-rock
03-21-2004, 06:39 PM
So guys whats a good price for a Yellow, Red Clone and Fett bust these days? I have a love hate relationship with these busts. I hate the company but love their product. Anyways if anyone knows someone that has these LMK.

Sup Turbo: Well a good price would be what was originally charged for these instead of what they are going for now. I think toynk still has the Yellow Clonetrooper for approx. $65 so act fast since on eBay the go for about $80-$90.

The Red CT fluctuates anywhere between $120-$190, and Boba between $100-$150. If you check frequently enough though you should be able to find them at the lower end of that scale or even cheaper. :)

Jayspawn
03-21-2004, 08:54 PM
DAAAAAHHHH!!!!! Wizard World has SOLD OUT of the Clone Pilot mini-busts. Once again, a great product which I get screwed on because I dont live in LA or Chicago. A POX ON YOU WIZARDWORLD! You too Gentile Giant!

Turbowars said it best. Its frusterating as hell. "Heres an idea, we'lltake the 2 most popular characters (ie: Vader and Yoda) and make them with the lowest numbers. Nobody will want these."

hansolo
03-21-2004, 11:50 PM
Anyone other than the dealers manage to get the elusive Clone pilot from Wizard World? From what I read in other forum, it seems like most of us, if not all (collectors), missed out on it. :zzz: :frus:

Btw, anyone has any white clone trooper bust to let go?
:D

dr_evazan22
03-22-2004, 08:47 PM
I was kinda hoping that there would be some leftover for when they come to Philly for WWEast. I'll find out as time goes by tho.

Jayspawn
03-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Face it, Wizard screwed us all.

[DSS]Pedr0
03-25-2004, 10:46 PM
Mine arrived today from L.A. #708.

Jayspawn
03-26-2004, 08:12 AM
How did you get one? Did you know somebody who went to the con?

[DSS]Pedr0
03-26-2004, 12:49 PM
How did you get one? Did you know somebody who went to the con?
Had to deal with Ebay. :(

mm74md
03-26-2004, 01:36 PM
These people disgust me. They are why normal folks don't get the exclusives!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3183875140&category=50264

[DSS]Pedr0
03-26-2004, 05:32 PM
Let's see. I have a 3rd Yellow clone on the way for $67 shipped. 2nd White clone on the way from my good friend Mini-Rock(thanks again bud). Clone Pilot arrived Yesterday. Who wants to part with an extra 1 or 2 Red & BLue clone?? I just need at least 2 of those suckers. I have both of them but need it for effect. They are all flanked by my Yellow KOTO clone and White KOTO clone. Anyone know where I can pick up the rest of the chase ones? I need the BLue and Red ones from KOTO. I might even pick up an extra white one to paint GREEN. When starwarsshop opens again, I'm getting my 3 Green clones too. Later.

Turbowars
03-26-2004, 07:25 PM
These people disgust me. They are why normal folks don't get the exclusives!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3183875140&category=50264We should all make new E-bay accounts and bid it up to sky heaven, then burn him. Just to prove a point. :evil:lol:evil:

Jayspawn
03-26-2004, 10:26 PM
That guys is evil! mm74md is right. Wizard knew that nobody was actually GOING t get that bust. If they wanted people to actually have it, they would have limited it to some 6-7,000.

dr_evazan22
03-27-2004, 05:07 PM
There is an article in the latest Insider (Grievous) that has some pics of the new Stormie busts, as well as other Gentle Giant products, like the Chewie Statue. Looking good!

Turbowars
03-27-2004, 10:08 PM
Hi Guys, hey I bought a sealed Yellow Clone bust for 49.99 today at a comic store. Wasn't that the retail price and did I get a deal? I feel like I did. I got the tip from Reefer Shark about it's location. Thanks again dude.

Now I just need a Red and the new Green Clone. Out of all the ones I have, the Scout is by far the best. Clone Pilot is right behind him. The funny thing is, he is the easiest to get. Go figure. God I hate GG!!!:p

mini-rock
03-28-2004, 03:29 PM
Hi Guys, hey I bought a sealed Yellow Clone bust for 49.99 today at a comic store. Wasn't that the retail price and did I get a deal?

Yeah that is a pretty good deal considering Toynk has them for $64.99, and on eBay they are somewhere inbetween what Toynk charges, and $100. :)

Turbowars
03-28-2004, 06:46 PM
Wow, I feel pretty good about what I paid then.

[DSS]Pedr0
03-28-2004, 09:32 PM
Anytime you can find anything like these below/at/just above retail is a major score nowadays since the secondary market inflates the pricing on these pieces.

[DSS]Pedr0
03-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Arrived today and DAMN if EPOXY dont do the trick for dumbass mail service. Fixed 90% new, looks good among the rest of the army. Thanks again Mini.

Reefer Shark
03-29-2004, 06:29 PM
I got the tip from Reefer Shark about it's location. Thanks again dude.
Right on Turbowars, glad I was able to help!

I don't collect these myself, but I do admire them. They really are awesome, I just can't afford to jump into them with all the other crap I collect. Although, I probably would buy a Vader if I found one for a reasonable price. That is one sweet rendition of Vader!

mini-rock
03-29-2004, 10:52 PM
Pedr0']Arrived today and DAMN if EPOXY dont do the trick for dumbass mail service. Fixed 90% new, looks good among the rest of the army. Thanks again Mini.

[DSS]: I PM'ed you regarding this, and will issue a refund. I can't begin to tell you how ****ing ****ed I am that the post office screwed that up. Sory about that D.

~L

[DSS]Pedr0
03-29-2004, 11:35 PM
[DSS]: I PM'ed you regarding this, and will issue a refund. I can't begin to tell you how ****ing ****ed I am that the post office screwed that up. Sory about that D.

~LGot it. Atleast it isnt totally destroyed. I still think it looks good enough to display. Gotta look really close on the arm and wrist to notice the breaks. Some touch up paint might handle that tho. ;)

mini-rock
03-30-2004, 05:23 PM
For anyone who got the latest Insider, I heard there is a page that has some of GG's upcoming products. Can someone post those pics? :)

[DSS]Pedr0
03-30-2004, 11:30 PM
Same stuff we have seen already, just some proto shots and explanations on how they do the busts/statues/busts ups from start to finish. You ever look into that postal problem or leaving it be?

mini-rock
03-31-2004, 12:55 AM
Pedr0']Same stuff we have seen already, just some proto shots and explanations on how they do the busts/statues/busts ups from start to finish. You ever look into that postal problem or leaving it be?

Ok I see. Thanks [DSS]. The way it was posted over at RS I thought there was more shown like the Trooper/Dewback or Luke/Tauntaun.

As for the PO problem I'm currently dealing with that, but like I said I'll be sending your payment back. It wouldn't be right for me to keep it when you received damaged product, and honestly I don't sweat $20. ;)

[DSS]Pedr0
03-31-2004, 05:33 PM
Finally got my 3rd Yellow bust today. Now I have 3 poses. :p Still need one more White, 2 more Red and maybe another BLue. 3 Green here I come. :D

dr_evazan22
03-31-2004, 07:45 PM
Hey {DSS}, do you have a pic you can post of all your busts? Are they all together?

[DSS]Pedr0
03-31-2004, 09:10 PM
They are ALL together, but no pics yet. Soon.

dr_evazan22
04-03-2004, 08:47 AM
Pedr0']They are ALL together, but no pics yet. Soon.

Next to my computer monitor I have this box and I have my busts and 12"-ers together. It generally looks pretty cool (IMHO :beard: ), but I think the small clone figs make it a little too busy.

Oh yeah, I just saw on RS that the Stormie bust will have 7 different arm differences. And only 6 come in one case. I'm not going to think about how many of these you'll be getting :crazed: .

[DSS]Pedr0
04-03-2004, 09:05 AM
Next to my computer monitor I have this box and I have my busts and 12"-ers together. It generally looks pretty cool (IMHO :beard: ), but I think the small clone figs make it a little too busy.

Oh yeah, I just saw on RS that the Stormie bust will have 7 different arm differences. And only 6 come in one case. I'm not going to think about how many of these you'll be getting :crazed: .
My set-up is simialr to yours. The only "small" figures I have displayed with the busts are the GG Blue Bust-Up and 2 LEGO minis(AT-TE,Assault Gunship. Plus the CLoneTrooper Unleashed fig. LEGO Fullsize Assault Gunship. 2 "big" figs would be the Yellow & White Koto Clones.

If the info is correct about the arms on the Stormies, I will have to buy as many busts they have as arm configurations. :(

Turbowars
04-03-2004, 09:47 AM
Pedr0']

If the info is correct about the arms on the Stormies, I will have to buy as many busts they have as arm configurations. :( I find it strange that you do that, but that's just me. I do think GG should have added arm articulation to the Clones. Even though they come with different arms, they look like they are doing just about the same thing. :ermm:

SJ3
04-03-2004, 09:51 AM
I just got in to collecting these busts about a month ago and already have managed to track down and buy all the busts they have produced so far, I started off as just gonna get one or two of these and that will be it however once I saw the quality and detail in these busts I soon decided I had to have more and that soon progressed in to wanting them all, i'm now as addicted to these as I am Master Replicas products, and it also took me off on a tangent to collect the old 3D Legends busts. most of my purchases have had to come from ebay as these busts are really difficult to buy over here in England, so i'm really paying higher prices than I should of done.

I can't wait for the Bossk bust to come out, that one look's amazing, I think i'll only get one Stormtrooper bust, army building will be expensive, but I also want the Luke Bust , that one has a place reserved for it next to my Code 3 signed X-Wing, I also look forward to SW shop opening again hopefully i'll be able to complete my collection of clones with the exclusive Sergeant Clone.

[DSS]Pedr0
04-03-2004, 10:37 AM
I find it strange that you do that, but that's just me. I do think GG should have added arm articulation to the Clones. Even though they come with different arms, they look like they are doing just about the same thing. :ermm:The interchangeable arm thing is cool, I just dont like to mess with it. So I find it better for me(not my wallet) to get all of the arm positions to display. :crazed:

[DSS]Pedr0
04-04-2004, 03:39 PM
Hope This works.

dr_evazan22
04-04-2004, 04:45 PM
Pedr0']Hope This works.

That looks pretty sweet [DSS]! How or where did you get the Yellow Koto clone? I just got my white Koto a couple of weeks ago and he looks great with or without the base.

I'll probably end up ordering a case (6) of the Stormie's myself.

Welcome to SSG SJ3!

Something I'd recommend to any of you guys from the ShopSW.com is the CinemaCast Vader. I got one from ebay about 6 years ago and he's one of my favorite pieces.

[DSS]Pedr0
04-04-2004, 07:13 PM
That looks pretty sweet [DSS]! How or where did you get the Yellow Koto clone?Thanks! Ebay for the Yellow KOTO. Hes on the base, white one isnt. I'm looking for the BLue and Red KOTOs as well.

I'll probably end up ordering a case (6) of the Stormie's myself.Yea, I want to display them all like the Clones.

Something I'd recommend to any of you guys from the ShopSW.com is the CinemaCast Vader. I got one from ebay about 6 years ago and he's one of my favorite pieces.Thats what I'm waiting on too. 3 Green CLones and the CC Vader. I've also got more pics of my collection saved as well. Other busts next to MR stuff and Unleashed figs too as well as other busts and statues(Legends in 3D,Applause,Riddell.)

[DSS]Pedr0
04-04-2004, 08:36 PM
Here are some of my pics.

[DSS]Pedr0
04-04-2004, 08:38 PM
More pics.

[DSS]Pedr0
04-04-2004, 08:39 PM
And even more.

[DSS]Pedr0
04-04-2004, 08:40 PM
Vader is the MAN!

mini-rock
04-04-2004, 10:20 PM
Great pics D! :)

Man, I really need to get my a** in gear and get some pics of my collection posted.

[DSS]Pedr0
04-04-2004, 10:38 PM
Great pics D! :)

Man, I really need to get my a** in gear and get some pics of my collection posted.
Thanks, I borrowed my guy Cylent's digi cam and took some real quick pics. When I get the chance and actually UPDATE my site, I will take DETAILED pics of all my stuff individually.

mini-rock
04-06-2004, 11:42 AM
I see that you also have the Twin minibusts from the Matrix. Are you planning on getting the rest?

[DSS]Pedr0
04-06-2004, 11:57 AM
I see that you also have the Twin minibusts from the Matrix. Are you planning on getting the rest?
I have all of the rest 'cept for the lighted base ones in another room. Matrix POSTERS from Bus Stops, etc. Bunch of other busts,statues, etc. ;)

Jayspawn
04-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Awesome pictures Pedro! Yeah I have to get some pics of my collection up.

bobafrett
04-06-2004, 07:16 PM
Sweet DSS Pedro! Hey, I recognize the Stormtrooper Riddell helmet........ :~)

[DSS]Pedr0
04-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Luke, Stormtrooper, Yoda Maquette up for preorder at www.TFAW.COM (http://www.TFAW.COM) . I got my order for luke, 7 stormies :crazed: , and Yoda in. Wallet, I'm sorry. :( :cry:

dr_evazan22
04-07-2004, 07:12 PM
I saw some of the new pics up on RS. It looks like the head may be able to be moved from left to right, or there is more then one head (not likely though). But one thing I realized was that 5 troopers should be able to capture all the arm poses as there are 5 different right and 2 different left's. The arm(s) with the rifles are lloonnngg.

[DSS]Pedr0
04-07-2004, 08:11 PM
I emailed GG asking them a definitive answer on how many arm poses there would be. Hopefully they will tell me so I can modify my order. :confused:

Hellstorm10
04-15-2004, 02:06 AM
Ok, I need everyone's help here. This is for everyone who has a
Clone Trooper Pilot Mini Bust from the L.A. show last month.

I got my Clone Pilot #68 about two weeks ago, and I love it.
But there is something that is driving me crazy about it.

The more I look at it; it seems to be leaning to the left, ever so slightly.
It is especially noticable, when I look straight at the helmet at eye level.

I have all my busts in a closed door, china cabinet / display case, with
glass shelves. So I know the glass shelves are perfectly straight.

I can also tell because I have my other Clone Troopers on the same glass shelf, all in a perfect row. I have the Clone Pilot in front of the other Clones.
That is where I can clearly see the difference.
The Clones in the back are perfectly postured & straight. But the Clone Pilot is clearly leaning to the side. Not much. But just enough where you can tell something is wrong.

I want to know if ALL the Clone Pilots are like this. Or just mine.
If you have a Clone Pilot, please look at it carefully.

Place it on a flat surface and notice the angle of the shoulders.
Notice the helmet, where the yellow meets the visor.
Notice it's posture in regards to the other regular Clone Troopers.

I would appreciate all the feedback I could get regarding this matter.
Thanks Guys! :)

Jayspawn
04-15-2004, 11:16 AM
I wish I had a Clone Pilot Bust. I wouldnt care if it did lean.

I'll just add it to the list of Busts I got screwed out of like Vader, Green Clone, and Yoda. :rolleyes:

[DSS]Pedr0
04-15-2004, 11:35 AM
Have to look later at my Pilot bust. Green clones are still iffy becuae of the CS at sws.com.