PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Hey! Hey! CGI Fat Albert to Rumble onto the Big Screen!

JediCole
05-09-2003, 05:20 PM
ILM reports that executive producer Bill Cosby has approached the effects house to take up the daunting task of seamlessly blending a CGI Fat Albert into a live-action "Cosby Kids" movie. Bill Cosby Productions is in early preproduction on the big screen treatment of the classic 70's Filmation Saturday morning series. Though the cast has yet to be announced, Cosby will direct and provide the voice of the rotund star of the film. Cosby will also play the role of Mudfoot, the affable wino who was a recurring character on the cartoon. The script is in the final approval stages and Cosby expects to name a director and begin casting by late July. Cartoon favorites Bill, Rudy, Mush Mouth, Russell, Dumb Donald, Bucky, and Weird Harold will all appear in this heartwarming comedy/drama. If all goes well, "Fat Albert's Harlem" will be in theatres in February of 2004. Cosby said of the project, "You can expect plenty of nostalgia and laughs and if you aren't careful, you might learn something."

El Chuxter
05-09-2003, 05:50 PM
Dear Lord, shoot me now. Why don't they re-run the original series or release it to DVD (aside from the overpriced Time Life mailaway dealio) instead?

Of course, if the movie Fat Albert is as family unfriendly as the character was in some of Cosby's early stand-up, I might take that back. :p

scruffziller
05-12-2003, 12:15 PM
They wouldn't need to do a CGI Albert there are a number of actors who could fill that roll.

icatch9
05-12-2003, 12:42 PM
Oh, come on. This one will be funny. I mean it will probally be funny like The Nutty Professor or the Klumps.

I think it's a great idea. I don't know why Cosby would want to pay ILM to do Fat Albert. I mean surly a guy in a suit similar to The Nutty Professor would be just as good and a lot cheaper.

I just hope they play a game of Buck Buck in the movie. I've always wanted to see that go down :D.