PDA

View Full Version : Sith Robes

Darth Trasko
11-18-2001, 02:43 AM
Ever notice how Lukes Jedi Robes resemble Darth Mauls , the other Jedis don't wear these type of robes at all...i wonder if it is just a coincidence or if Lucas had planned to have Luke turn to the darkside?After all Yoda said there is another was he talking about Leai being the real saviour of the Jedis?

BountyHunter
11-18-2001, 06:34 AM
Welp, All you can do is read the Dark Empire comics, youll find out then

Rollo Tomassi
11-18-2001, 10:14 AM
Did you just call him a welp?

Lucas put Luke in black in ROJ because it contrasted with his innocent white farmboy outfit in ANH. Like he'd run the gamut from naive cracker to seasoned and wisened warrior. it's just "a visual motif" as G. Lu likes to put it...

Sith Worm
11-18-2001, 10:50 AM
Well said Rollo! I don't think GL was ever thinking about Dark Empire when he made Jedi...
...actually I don't think he ever thinks about it...

JediTricks
11-18-2001, 11:16 PM
Luke's robe isn't a robe at all, it's a hooded cloak. Maul's outer robe is actually quite similar to the Jedi robes, except with different styles of design at the hood and sleeves. Luke's cloak has no sleeves.

master jedi
11-19-2001, 07:26 PM
Well Luke was the 1st of the new jedi order so i guess he could wear whatever he wanted. (Even womens clothes I guess.) Luke was bringing the Jedi back into the galaxy which would be more important, bring bak the jedi order or a dress code? I'd go with Bring back Jedi Order.

derek
11-19-2001, 10:35 PM
obi-wan's episode 4 robe wasn't official jedi garb at the time the original trilogy was made. lucas didn't decide it was until before episode 1 was filmed. check out the nemerous concept art designs in the "art of episode 1". only after looking at numerous designs, did he decide to go "retro" for the jedi.

JEDIpartner
11-20-2001, 11:34 AM
Yeah... he just changed them up a bit... gave them pants instead of a dress... imagine how embarassing that would look if you did a back flip! "I see Hutts! I see Grans! I see Qui-Gon's underpants!"

...and they got rid of that itchy Brown Undershirt thing.

The black outfit made Luke more serious looking- methinks. It also didn't look like something that was handed to him as standard Rebellion issue.

BountyHunter
11-20-2001, 07:12 PM
Did you just call him a welp?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No, welp as in well

Darth Trasko
11-20-2001, 07:17 PM
"Welp" was supposed to be our secret

Darth Cruel
12-06-2001, 08:26 AM
I have always thought that Luke's cloths in ROTJ were never intended to be Jedi Robes as even though he introduced himself as a Jedi to Jabba, Yoda told him he was not a Jedi until he faced Vader again. And Luke confirmed that he knew he was only a wannabe a Jedi when he said " So I AM a Jedi!" Then, if you all remember, Yoda laughs at him. But I guess if GL said they were supposed to be...then so they were.

GNT
12-07-2001, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
Well Luke was the 1st of the new jedi order so i guess he could wear whatever he wanted. (Even womens clothes I guess.).

And dont think he didn't try those on :)

master jedi
12-08-2001, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by GNT

And dont think he didn't try those on :)

I think Mark Hamill was wearing womens panties during filming.:)