PDA

View Full Version : What was the last film you felt like going back and seeing again?

JediTricks
05-09-2003, 10:39 PM
What was the last film you felt like going back and seeing again in the theater? I don't mean like going again "simply because a friend hasn't seen it yet", I mean like "4 days after the film you plan to go back ASAP and pay full price and it doesn't matter who goes with you, those ignorant philistines can rot if they want to miss out for all I care" type of movie.

derek
05-09-2003, 10:50 PM
i saw x-men last sunday, and again on thursday.:)

QLD
05-09-2003, 10:56 PM
I am thinking.....Twin Towers,I wanted to, though I didn't do it.

Hmm....the last time I actually did it.......

ummm.....

It may have been Pulp Fiction...

Kidhuman
05-09-2003, 11:08 PM
Man, I don't go to the movies that much. The last one I saw twice was EP1. The last movie I saw was EP2.

I hate the movies. They are overpriced, uncomfortable, and peoples cell phones and babies go off religiously.

2-1B
05-09-2003, 11:14 PM
X2 last Saturday. :)
We saw it at 3pm and again at 9pm. I plan on possibly seeing it a third time, I might wait for it to hit the budget cinema.

Before X2, it was House of 1000 Corpses and before that it was Attack of the Clones. :)

InsaneJediGirl
05-09-2003, 11:36 PM
I'd say E2 or the Two Towers.I like kidhuman hate movie theatres for the same reasons and would rather wait for things to come out on DVD.

Jedi Clint
05-10-2003, 12:00 AM
X2

I probably won't get to see it in the theater again, but I want to!

Sentinel18725
05-10-2003, 01:34 AM
X2....I love going to the theater. My problem is I love the popcorn at a theater chain in St. Louis and I can't find any like that in Chicago. Also, I get discounts at the theater so 2bucks for a movie is great.....plus it's by my school and right next door to my gym.......go workout.....go eat popcorn.....

My work schedule for the fire department allows me lots of time duringthe day to check out the movies.....

dr_evazan22
05-10-2003, 01:58 AM
The Twin Towers and AOTC IMAX were the last 2 that I wanted to see more than once. I haven't been to X2 or Matrix yet, although maybe this weekend.

Lman316
05-10-2003, 10:23 AM
The last movie I felt like seeing again was Star Trek Nemesis. I really enjoyed that movie and I planned on a second viewing, but I didn't get a chance...
The last movie that I actually did see twice was AOTC, and I really wanted to see it more than that. I saw TPM three times within the first week of its opening and I wanted to try to beat my record with Episode 2.

End...:D

scruffziller
05-10-2003, 01:16 PM
Episode 3.

mrmiller
05-12-2003, 09:23 AM
Yea, X-men is the last one I wanted to see again. I watched E2 3 times (2x normal, 1 IMAX) and before that I think the last movie I watched again at the theatre was the Matrix (Unless you count seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark last summer). I'm already planning to make the Matrix Reloaded a repeat showing, as I'll see it opening day, then again with a friend of mine.

=MATT=

Darth Jax
05-12-2003, 10:48 AM
x2. i really liked it the first time and will need to see it again in the theater. considering i didn't like the 1st one, i was really surprised by how good the second was.

the last movie i saw more than once in the theater was AOTC.

sith_killer_99
05-12-2003, 12:26 PM
Attack of the Clones!

I almost never watch a movie more than once at the Theater. The only 2 exceptions in recent history have been The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

BTW, I never saw Spider-Man, Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers or Titanic at the Theater.

AND to this day I refuse to ever watch:

Waiting to Exhale
The Bridges of Madison County
Titanic

Though, I did watch "There's Something about Mary" and I'm still mad about the 1 1/2 hours of my life that I will never get back.:mad:

El Chuxter
05-12-2003, 12:49 PM
X2. No question. One of the best movies I've ever seen. And my girlfriend loved it even more than I did.

Prior to that, AOTC. And prior to that, TPM.

Prince Xizor
05-12-2003, 02:13 PM
I want to go back and see X2 again, I saw it once on opening day.

The last movie I actually went and saw twice was Catch Me If You Can, and Two Towers (three times) before that.

keith koth
05-12-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
Man, I don't go to the movies that much. The last one I saw twice was EP1. The last movie I saw was EP2.

I hate the movies. They are overpriced, uncomfortable, and peoples cell phones and babies go off religiously.

That is describes me perfectly!

Last movie I saw twice was Episode I. I will never go to see the same movie twice ever again. It's not like you have to wait for years for the video release. I'd rather watch movies in the comfort of my own home (pause...rewind...pause...rewind...fast forward...pause)! :D

Tycho
05-16-2003, 03:55 AM
I saw Star Trek: Nemesis 4 times in the theater and enjoyed it every time.

I saw Attack of the Clones about 11 times in the theater, and could even stand to see it on the big screen more than that.

I just saw X-men 2, and want to see it again. I'll probably even catch it a third time. I don't know.

But Saturday I am seeing the Matrix 2 for my first time, so we'll take it from there.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-16-2003, 07:23 PM
I saw AOTC 5 times in a theater, once in IMAX. TPM, 6 times in a theater. Oh yes, I saw Harry Potter both 1 and 2 twice in the theater. I'm a fan of the HP books and films. I haven't seen X2 yet but I want to, and I've never seen the original Matrix so I'll have to catch that before I see Reloaded.
SW and HP films are the only ones I really want to see more than once in the theater, unless I go to a different film with someone who hasn't seen it before.

mrmiller
05-18-2003, 11:04 AM
Now I can vote Matrix Reloaded. I have to see it again just to figure out what was going on. I'll see Matrix 2 before I see X2 again.

=MATT=

Exhaust Port
05-18-2003, 02:23 PM
I can now say X2 is the last movie that I've seen that I want to see again. I probably won't as the cost to see it with my girlfriend will pay for over half the DVD when it comes out in 6 months anyway.

The 'Xir
05-25-2003, 01:45 AM
Just before I read the name of this thread I told myself how I should have gone to see The Matrix:Reloaded again, and cursing myself for not seeing it tonight swore to myself that no matter if I have to go alone I'm going to see it tommorrow well actually today now! I saw it on opening night and haven't seen it since. I wanted to all week but didn't, and now that it's memorial day weekend there's no excuse not to go! See ya at the movies! :D

mini-rock
05-25-2003, 02:38 AM
I'm with kidhuman and keith koth. I absolutely hate going to a commercial theater, which is why I plopped down serious dough for my high end theater.

I only make the trip for Star Wars. I saw the rerelease of the OT SE in the theater. EP1 I saw 19 times, and EP2 I think it was about 20-25 times though.

The only other film have made the trip for beside Star Wars is The Matrix Reloaded which I have seen 4 times now, and I will proly go at least 2 more times.

The next will be The Matrix Revolutions, and after will be EP3, and both I know I will see multiple times.

Other than that I just wait for the DVD since the release windows are usually small, and my theater in my home outperformes every commercial theater I have been to.:)

bobafrett
05-26-2003, 03:12 AM
Okay, I may sound kind of lame here, but I actually saw Monsters Inc. three times in one week. The first two times, I went with two different friends, and the third time was with my son. I also saw EP II, but it was like about 10 days between viewings.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-27-2003, 02:04 PM
Like most of you the last one I saw more than once in the theater was EP2 and before that FotR. I just don't get a chance to go to the movies that often having several young children. Thus, whenever I go I usually see something new. I wanted to go back and see TTT again but just never got around to it. I would like to see Matrix 2 again when it hits the cheapo theater because there was plenty of dialogue I couldn't catch the first go around.

plasticfetish
05-29-2003, 03:30 AM
Wow, I'm looking forward to seeing X2 after reading all of this.

Originally posted by bobafrett
Okay, I may sound kind of lame here, but I actually saw Monsters Inc. three times in one week.
Nothing lame there. We saw it twice, it was great. My son and I saw AOTC twice. The LAST film I saw twice was "The House of 1000 Corpses", but I'll admit I had passes both times so maybe that doesn't count.

Hellboy
05-31-2003, 11:32 PM
I saw The Matrix Reloaded opening day and had to see it again the next day as well. I did the same thing with X2 and have since seen it a third time.
Like a few of you I wanted to see House of 1000 Corpses again but it didn't last more than a few weeks in my favorite theater so I didn't get a chance. Hopefully it will come to DVD soon.
I saw LOTR The Two Towers multiple times and before that Episode 2.
In the last year or so I've seen less movies multiple times than usual. Even though I love some of the movies that have come out recently I think the overall quality of movies has been lacking greatly.

bobafrett
06-01-2003, 01:28 AM
I want to go see Nemo again. I got to the theatre this afternoon, and it was packed. My son and I caught the show, but we were in the second row. Unfortuanatly, my budget is rather tight, so maybe I'll take it in again in three weeks.

mm74md
06-01-2003, 02:33 PM
Reloaded for sure.

Lobito
06-02-2003, 04:26 PM
X men 2 and Matrix Reloaded...yep both!!:cool: