PDA

View Full Version : 4 Packs at KB worth it?

MaxRebo34
05-10-2003, 01:50 PM
I happen to check out my local KB Toy store to see they are having a sale on the 4 packs of Saga figures. They are really cheap at 7.99 for 4 figures, and possibly 50% off with their sale that they are having, could be 3.99 which would be a dollar a figure!! Has anyone purchased any of these yet? Also spotted a handful of those lightsabers with 3 carded figures attached to it.

Q

Brainiak76
05-10-2003, 05:54 PM
i seen these and one kb near me has a whole top shlef full of em !! im waiting for it to go a lil cheaper!! i never got a mace, zam, and a few others and would be perfect for the four pack! Great for army building also!

But heres a tip grab a couple 4pks then choose the ones you want put them all in one 4pk so youll get 4 figs you like! Just make sure they all have the sticker on the bottom ! All it is is tape so that shuldnt be a prob to seal it up!

MaxRebo34
05-10-2003, 06:43 PM
Do you think the people at the store would mind? Or just as long as they are making some cash.

Banthaholic
05-10-2003, 07:48 PM
... stores usually appreciate it when people open merchandise and don't purchase it all.

jjreason
05-11-2003, 01:22 AM
I looked at a few of these on sale as well, but just couldn't find one 4 pack that I really needed. Every one had to have a Taun We or some such figure that I just didn't want another one of. None of them had the beardless Endor Rebel either, he would have definitely made the purchase worthwhile as I never got one.

Darth Jax
05-11-2003, 09:57 AM
the four packs are for parents with kids that aren't that interested in star wars. a easy way to get 4 toys for the little ones. any collector has most likely had all the figs contained in for nearly a year. while they can work good as army builders (if you want an army of jar jars or taun wes). since typically only one fig is worthy of army building, you're just getting lots of extra figs and accessories. sorry, i can't condone custom packaging your own 4 pack, even with as easy as it can be done.

kool-aid killer
05-11-2003, 12:14 PM
Im with Darth Jax on that one too, Brainiak 76. I dont think you should switch them around because eventually its going to lead to all the 4 packs being full of Jar Jar, Taun We, Zams, and Mace. My advice Brainiak is to avoid the postings of a certain person on another website we both frequent who lives in L.A. because that sounds like something he would proudly do. Back to the 4 packs though. Ive seen one or two that i would have snatched up a year ago. About the only one thats really exciting is the Dooku, Hangar Anakin, Yoda, and Clone Trooper one. But ive already got them so there is no need for more.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-11-2003, 02:50 PM
Get one with a few good army builders, then scrape off the sticker on the bottom of the crapppy ones and return them to Wal-Mart or TRU.

Brainiak76
05-11-2003, 04:53 PM
mr jabbajohnl has a good point also , i wanted to do this also but i havent bought a 4pk to try this yet!!

Everyone Good point! there will be tons of four packs w/ jar jar and taun we..BUT not everyone is goin do this!! And trust me the kb w/ the tons of 4pks prob wont even notice!!

Of couse they would get mad thats why u cnat let them see you opening them and choosing the ones you want! Its not like your ripping them open, your just cuttin the tape and all you gotta do is put the other ones back and tape it!!

i mean im not sayin to go out and do it..it was just a suggestion!:happy:

mm74md
05-11-2003, 08:49 PM
The best way to get the stickers off is with a hair dryer. The only reason I know this is that I bought the Lightsaber 3 pack & there was a sticker on the lightsaber's actual jedi points. I had to remove it to cut out the jedi points. i don't know why i still keep those things

Brainiak76
05-12-2003, 03:25 AM
how much do you have?

if you dont wnat em ill buy em off you..LMK!

tgr3328
05-12-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Brainiak76
heres a tip grab a couple 4pks then choose the ones you want put them all in one 4pk so youll get 4 figs you like! Just make sure they all have the sticker on the bottom ! All it is is tape so that shuldnt be a prob to seal it up!

I did that at around Christmas time. Most of the four-packs had already fallen apart and were lying in a pile in the bin, so I picked up four loose figures and put them in a four-pack card. It would have been impossible to tell how they were supposed to go togther anyway.

I don't think it would have been right to take apart intact four packs and build-your-own four-pack, so to speak.

tgr3328
05-12-2003, 09:03 AM
When I saw these four-packs, I realized that if I had totally put off buying figures form April, 2002 till around January or February, I could have bought just about every figure at a discount. They even had ones that were once difficult to find like Dooku and Yoda. I bought one with Yoda, Anakin Tatooine, Clone Trooper, and Darth Maul. I gave Yoda and Maul to my son.

They also had individual figures for half-price ($2.99). This sale, combined with the Target 2/$5 and a clearance at a nearby Walmart would have given me 90% of the figures that I have now, but for only $2-$3 apiece.

I assumed that the deluxe figures were not on sale since they were on a different display, but the sale sign had a breakdown showing regular and sale price. Deluxe were $11.99, so if they were on sale , there should have been an entry for $11.99 / $5.99. I wish I had been more diligent. I would have liked to get a Nexxu, Geonosian, or Anakin w/ slice-and-dice Geonosian.

aikman8_1999
05-12-2003, 09:17 AM
4 for 7.99 is $2 a piece, a great deal. Sadly, these figs are all pegwarmers by now. I dont have an issue mixing and matching them, lets face it, no way kaybee is selling all these things anyway. But be obvious about it, dont hide in the back and do it. If they care, they will tell you about it...

Mandalorian Candidat
05-12-2003, 12:59 PM
You know, I had the same thought as brainiak. I haven't done it (swapping out the figures) and probably won't, but it was such a temptation. I went to one KB and found about 4 different 4-packs that had multiples of Orn Free Taa and the Royal Guard. The card overlays were sealed up with tape so I'm assuming that some genius at KB central processing packed it that way.

Yeah, it would be a crummy thing to do, especially if everyone did it because then all there would be left are the pegwarmers.

I've been wanting a loose DV Bespin to display on my desk for a while but have been waiting to find one on clearance. I managed to find a 4-pack with DV along with Dooku, Hangar Anakin, and Pilot OB1; all four good figures. At $2 a pop that's pretty good. I just wished I had waited until now to get most of my 2002 Saga figures this way.

tgr3328
05-12-2003, 01:39 PM
Any chance they will do this with the 2003 figures next year? If I knew, I could just kick back and wait. But, "difficult to see, the future is..."