PDA

View Full Version : Boba Fett Unleashed Revealed!!

Beast
05-10-2003, 10:21 PM
The latest issue of the Star Wars Insider (#68) features our first look at the Boba Fett Unleashed Figure. As rumored, it is Fett fighting for his life against the Sarlaac Monster. It's part of a new Insider column called "Toy Box" with Hasbro's Star Wars Marketing Director Andy Espenshade. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
05-10-2003, 10:24 PM
hmm. pretty..cool. not what i saw in the movie, but it looks good!
h

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-10-2003, 10:33 PM
Ugh! I mean, it's not bad, but can't Hasbro just give us a good regular Boba Fett for the unleashed line?!?!?! Like him taking off or shooting his blaster and taking off or something like that?!??! No, they have to give us, "Boba Fett: Unleashed.....at least for the next few seconds before he dies"

This one will hafta grow on me, sadly. :D

Teeska Mon Eebon
05-10-2003, 10:57 PM
I like Boba but that is.... well.... I don't like that.....

LTBasker
05-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Actually I think it's him escaping the sarlacc based on the EU stuff. Doesn't look very good, it seems more like he's dumping tons of ketchup on it. The blast also looks very similar to the Carkoon Fett released this year, lack of originality.. The detail of Boba himself isn't very good either, and the Sarlacc is dissapointing. Something like that should be a deluxe version... Boring.. :(

2-1B
05-11-2003, 02:12 AM
Did someone say ketchup ? ? ?

Oh boy . . . here we go . . .

Jayspawn
05-11-2003, 02:21 AM
Uhhhh.....I hope the final Unleashed Fett looks a LOT better.

Kidhuman
05-11-2003, 10:02 AM
I think it looks pretty cool. I am sure they will make another one, but this one is good. I will purchase.

hango fett
05-11-2003, 10:34 AM
i just looked at it again...ugh! that does suck! the 3 inch boba looks 10x better to me! what are they thinking? hope this is just a prototype...
h

Reagan Davis
05-11-2003, 11:13 AM
I think it not that bad, but it need a little work......hopefully final product is better.

bobafrett
05-11-2003, 11:22 AM
I don't know, when I saw it in my issue of the Insider, I thought it looked rather good. Not as good as slave Leia, but still better than most of the other unleashed line. Now I want to see an unleashed Stormtrooper!

Tycho
05-11-2003, 01:05 PM
I like it. The colors seem either washed or almost transparent for an Unleashed though.

But Boba Fett DOES escape the Sarlaac. You don't honestly think he'd die in that thing - that way? With his technology and resources? He just is a bad kid with bad karma and his had a name: Han Solo.

Meanwhile, what other main characters need to be Unleashed:

Chewbacca totally won our poll we did here on SSG.
A Stormtrooper would be cool.
I still think a Tusken Raider Unleashed could rock.
Lando definitely.
Jabba the Hutt?
Qui-Gon Jinn for sure.
A Destroyer Droid could be pretty cool.
JarJar? (in a non-comedic way? if it's possible)
Captain Panaka?
Zam Wessel (leaping from her flaming speeder)
A Royal Guardsman would kick butt!
The Wampa Ice Creature ranked really high for something different.

It's probably time to start tapping characters done already, like Leia, and making them from different scenes.

Luke Bespin - possibly being blown out the window, or hanging
Leia Bespin Escape - with R2D2 doing a smokescreen
Han Stormtrooper Outfit in detention cell rescue firefight
Obi-Wan Death Star versus Vader, or disappearing
Vader Emperor's Wrath - maybe lifting Palpatine, lightning flaring!
Padme Pilot (Coruscant Attack) - with flaming landing pad base

Turbowars
05-11-2003, 01:32 PM
Looks cool to me. I'd rather get one with Boba flying like the 3.75 version, but this will do. The lighting is bad, so it will probably look better later.

Hellboy
05-11-2003, 01:59 PM
I think it looks just fine. A little more detail on the Sarlaac would be nice but overall it is what I expected. The picture does seem a little washed out so I'll reserve my criticism for later.

jpak001
05-11-2003, 02:05 PM
I think it looks like it's gonna be awesome. It's just not very easy to tell with pic is all. A pic from a magazine page does tend to distort a little.....

James Boba Fettfield
05-11-2003, 02:31 PM
That's the first unleashed figure I didn't like.

Darth Detori
05-11-2003, 02:54 PM
you're all weird- it looks awesome. A good, dramatic pose.
It really seems like everyone wants these things to just be the characters standing in neutral poses... which is the complete antithesis to what they are.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-11-2003, 03:08 PM
Looks like crap to me, just like all the Unleashed (except maybe Yoda). Nice to know a new Insider is on its way! I remember, didn't they try to do a column with Andy before? They did it once, right before POTJ came out, then no more. Hopefully it will catch on this time. :)

TheDarthVader
05-11-2003, 04:07 PM
I do not collect unleashed but the figures are nice. If I had to rate this figure from 1-10, I would give it a 5. I do not like the idea that a scene that was not in the movie is an unleased figure. That fact alone takes away from this figure. Couldn't they find a different pose for Boba Fett ??? Maybe flying while shooting his blaster or where he shoots his cord (around Luke in ROTJ), or just a neutral pose while in Jabba's court. These poses would be much better IMO. I don't like this one.

Turbowars
05-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Let me start by saying, I understand what some are saying about poses that weren't in the film, but you are missing the point, they aren't supposed be just like the film. Most of the unleashed poses were never in the film. They are unleashed and are an artist point of view. Oh man I'm starting to sound like JJB;). I really have grown to enjoy this line and am happy that it has continued. With that said, I agree there were other poses to be considered, but Hasbro doesn't know how to please everyone. I think once we see the finished product some will change their minds, just like I did with the first release.

Turbowars
05-11-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
The latest issue of the Star Wars Insider (#68) features our first look at the Boba Fett Unleashed Figure. As rumored, it is Fett fighting for his life against the Sarlaac Monster. It's part of a new Insider column called "Toy Box" with Hasbro's Star Wars Marketing Director Andy Espenshade. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks What's that in the back ground JJB? Is that a 100% folding up Destroyer droid?

LTBasker
05-11-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
What's that in the back ground JJB? Is that a 100% folding up Destroyer droid?

Nope, that's a picture of a 3-pack that was shown at Toy Fair. It's a rerelease of the little roll-along Droideka from the R2 Carrying case. It's supposed to be a Droideka 3-pack and it comes with a launcher to I guess launch it, and a regular Droideka.

keithfite
05-11-2003, 05:47 PM
First off, thanks for posting the pic JarJar. and second. for as much as it costs to buy these unleashed figures, they should be the best figures ever. and honestly most arent. I really like some that have been made. but not this one. and its a shame because boba fett is a character they have so much to work with. I will probably get it and hang it on the wall with some MOC 3 3/4 inch bobas around it. But they could have done better

Master ToNone
05-11-2003, 05:58 PM
That Boba is outstanding. Fett rising out of the Sarlacc like the rising Phoenix. This is how I want to remember Fett. Not him walking a frozen guy down the hall.

This rules.

Brainiak76
05-11-2003, 06:21 PM
i like it!! its decent..ill prob get it!

Hobbes
05-11-2003, 06:35 PM
First off, I've seen this figure in person and that picture does not do it justice at all. I think 99% of you will love it when you finally see it.
Personally I think this series (Han, Yoda and Boba) is the best yet.

bobafrett
05-11-2003, 08:42 PM
I'm definitly going to pick up two of the Unleashed Boba Fett's. I love the fact that they are using a pose not from the movie. I think it would get tiring if they made the unleashed line to just recreate poses from the movie. After all, there is a lot that happens when the camera isn't following a character. I do plan on getting the entire unleashed line, so keep em' coming Hasbro!

Tonysmo
05-12-2003, 02:00 AM
Im gonna have to go with the " I like it " crowd on this one..

It amazes me that some of you guys WANT totally kick butt action poses on these figs,... and now that you have one, just because it doesnt fit in the movie its no good?? Cmon.. the fig looks great. Id rather have that pose than him just standing there with his arms folded ( like he is seen in ESB )

If I see it, Ill certainly be picking this one up..

as for the unleashed Jango.. I dont recall boba ever hiding behind his dads leg in the movie.. but I hear no complaints about that...

plasticfetish
05-12-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by hango fett
hmm. pretty..cool. not what i saw in the movie, but it looks good!
Well, maybe it's what we should have seen.

I've frankly hated every one of these figures ... but this one makes sense for once. Here we have someone "unleashing" for a reason, not just grimacing, blowing in the wind or surfing on a wave of translucent "force effect." If I were to buy one of these ... hmmm, maybe this would be the one.

187-Maul
05-12-2003, 10:24 AM
I really like the fig, it's a real unleashed pose (standing around like in Jabba's palace is NOT unleashed, which is the concept for these figs/statues)
I'll probably get him, and BTW, it's pretty certain that it's a prototype cause the "shin-armor" isn't painted jet, and the whole body-suit is still white and not grey (IIRC) like in the movie

mm74md
05-12-2003, 12:14 PM
Looks pretty cool. Unleashed is the way to go! Give us more Hasbro!

mini-rock
05-13-2003, 10:43 PM
Very cool. The Unleashed line ROCKS!!:)

Jayspawn
05-15-2003, 01:09 AM
The new picture of Boba Fett looks a LOT better. I'm definatly excited about his wave. Now if only Slave Leia and Unmasked Vader would hit retail.

mm74md
05-15-2003, 03:52 PM
This is going to be my favorite Unleashed yet!

mm74md
05-15-2003, 03:58 PM
New Pic

Turbowars
05-15-2003, 07:24 PM
WOW, it looks way better than that 1st shot, I like it even more!! I didn't notice that his jet pack rockets were fired up, very cool. I can't wait.

jpak001
05-15-2003, 10:01 PM
I knew it was gonna look better than that 1st magazine page shot! I can't wait to score this baby!

IMO all the the Unleashed figs they've made are great. They aren't supposed to be exact movie shots, that's not the point. In fact the only one that comes close to being an exact replica is the 1st Vader, and while it's a great figure, I think it's the weakest of the line so far (mainly b/c he doesn't seem bigger or taller than any of the others).

Can't comment on the Vader2, cause I haven't actually scored it (or Leia) yet....

SirSteve
05-16-2003, 01:22 AM
That's why Hasbro always gets on me about posting prototypes...

bobafrett
05-16-2003, 01:28 AM
Oh yes, this does look even better in the new picture. Not that it matters, because I am buying at least one of every unleased figure.

aceguide
05-16-2003, 10:13 AM
I like the unleashed line but have nt seen much of it around.

I think there are some other core characters that needs to get their due from this line. Hopefully it will continue along as it seems to be quite popular.

I wish they had gone ith Fett moe like the way TOMY did with their latest. Bad ___ with Solo in a block. Lots of attitude, possibility of disintigration...

Oh well. Nice looking piece nonetheless.

mini-rock
05-16-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by jpak001
Can't comment on the Vader2, cause I haven't actually scored it (or Leia) yet....

Check out D&S Toy's (http://www.dnstoys.com) . Last I checked they still had some in stock.

Yeah, I knew Boba would look better also. No way they would screw that one up.

Chiesa
05-17-2003, 04:41 PM
It's great to be back! :)

I must say that the Boba looks really neat! Can't complain much about it at the moment. I will most likely be getting it.