PDA

View Full Version : SaGA in South Florida?

dirtydroid
05-11-2003, 02:26 PM
Hello all!

For anyone who lives in South Florida, have any of you seen new figures this year? I've gone to every Target, Walmart, TRU, and KB in a 75 mile ratius and NOTHING! Walmarts in Dade and Broward have the Star Wars section down to 1 row! It's May and I haven't seen a new figure since about November! I go out every weekend and nothing! Any hot spots or do I have to start heading to Tampa and Orlando for a new figure?

dirtydroid@peoplepc.com

JangoFeet
05-11-2003, 05:55 PM
If you aren't a MOC collector, or don't really care about having a perfectly mint card, go to www.toyfellas.com. They have most of the new 2003 figures for 5.99, however they are not guaranteed mint. At this point I don't care what condition the packages are in, I just want those damn '03 figs!

aharry
05-12-2003, 03:12 AM
Things aren't much better here in Tampa.

sease9
05-12-2003, 01:01 PM
Im in Miami also,and it has been horrible for the last couple months;but I did manage to find most of the 03 figures(except for Ayla,Lama su,and Barris Offe-which I ended up ordering a case from Newforce back in February,and they havent even received them,even though they were due in April)I found the figures at Walmart,and some at Target...Where in Miami do you live??

dirtydroid
05-12-2003, 05:20 PM
I'm located in the center of Miami...Tamiami Trail and the Palmetto (West Miami for those with a map). Going out on another search tonight..I'll post what I find when I come back later tonight.

BTW aharry,

Ming eh! Very cool movie with a very cool soundtrack (I'm a HUGE Queen fan! I collect that too!)

sease9
05-13-2003, 02:01 PM
You aint to far from where I stay,I live in coral way and 122 st;went out yesterday hunting and didnt find squat,except for a battle droid builder which I passed on....maybe we could help each other finding stuff,I usually come across stuff,just not in the last couple weeks(maybe month)....

dirtydroid
05-13-2003, 09:27 PM
I think all of us here in South Florida should help each other out in this difficult time of finding stuff. If I find something, I'll be sure to let everyone know. From My last visits to some places, here's what I found:
Target in Dadeland Station and Tropical Have 3 or 4 carded figures on the J-hook, but PLENTY of the deluxe figures collecting dust because they refuse to mark them down. The TRU at Kendall Town and Country have plenty of old figures, but nothing new. TRU in International Mall has the same, but it looks like their 12" figures are all marked down to under $10. They also have about 4 thousand snaggletooths! TRU in Westchester is the same. FX-7, Queen, and Rebel Blockade person. K-Mart in the same area has ZERO star wars figures. Walmart at NW 57th ave in north miami has TIE BOMBERS, but figures are down to one row.. Walmart in Hialeah has one row of figures (maybe 6 or 8). Walmart on Pines (way west!) has ZERO figures. Walmart at 87th and NW 12 (airport) has 3 figures on the shelf! Both targets on Biscayne blvd (gulfstream park and the one a bit south) have ZERO figures! Maybe I'll head into broward this weekend.

dirtydroid
05-18-2003, 02:29 PM
This weekend saw a little better progress! I ACTUALLY found 1 new figure at the Wal-Mart in Kendall. That was the last figure on the shelf! Hopefully, they'll re order soon and we'll have them all. Another BIG surprise was finding Leia Unleashed at the TRU in Cutler Riidge. It was the only one. They do have the Saga X-wing there (quite a few actually), as well as tons of 12" figures. After my journey's, I've come to notice that TRU has to mark down the 12" section. They're just not moving. They also need a 1.99 sale on the figures to clear out all that space for new ones!

sease9
05-20-2003, 01:29 PM
Which new figure did you find???I usually frequent that Walmart but didnt last week...figures....

dirtydroid
05-20-2003, 05:05 PM
I found a Leia Unleashed in TRU Cutler Ridge, and I found the Ackley Obi Wan at the Wal-Mart in Kendall. My wife, Daughter, and I went to (I'm not kidding) EVERY Wal-Mart and Target in Dade County. And TRU as well. I don't waste my time going to KB's, even though the ONLY KB that I EVER found a new figure at was the one at Dolphin Mall, but that was a while ago.
Anyone find ANYTHING at all in Dade or Broward? Maybe this weekend I'll hit the TRU at Broward Mall and maybe some Wal'marts and targets in Broward.