PDA

View Full Version : Comic Book Movies

Jek Porky 2002
05-11-2003, 06:16 PM
In 2000 We had X-Men
In 2002 We had Spider-Man
In 2003 We had Daredevil and The Hulk

Appart from sequals of the above, what is left for 2004?

All I can think of is The Fantastic Four, and I don't think that will ever be made into a movie, thank God!

derek
05-11-2003, 06:21 PM
All I can think of is The Fantastic Four, and I don't think that will ever be made into a movie, thank God!

actually, i've read the Fantastic Four has a 2004 relase date.

an electra film with jennifer garner is also in the works.

as is the punisher flick with thomas jane.

Tonysmo
05-12-2003, 02:43 AM
let them do a justice league flick.. that'd be cool... maybe a flash movie, or an Aquaman movie... hmmm....

mrmiller
05-12-2003, 09:31 AM
Don't forget Ghost Rider. As well as the whole Batman, Superman, Batman vs. Superman, tango.

I think they should do a new Spawn. I want another origin of Spawn movie- Rated R or NC17 like Spawn should be.

=MATT=

darthvyn
05-12-2003, 10:54 AM
and preacher, with micheal madsen. that should be awesome.

EDIT: it's james marsden, cyclops from x-men. i don't know, i liked the idea of madsen better...

scruffziller
05-12-2003, 11:54 AM
I heard they are doing Longshot, Morbius, Dr. Strange, Ironman, Spawn 2 in the works, Green Hornet,(if Jet Li doesn't play Kato, why bother seeing it), Wonder Woman.

El Chuxter
05-12-2003, 12:47 PM
Green Lantern would be awesome, especially if based mainly on the Emerald Dawn mini-series.

Also, don't forget Iron Fist comes out soon. This fall, I think. I just hope someone other than Ray Park does the voice. I just can't hear "Like unto a thing of iron!" in his voice.

The Overlord Returns
05-12-2003, 02:02 PM
Name a marvel property and chances are it's in production.

Prince Xizor
05-12-2003, 02:17 PM
League Of Extrodanairy Gentlemen is a comic book movie, so was Blade.

And coming up is a new Batman, Superman, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider(starring Nic Cage), Punisher, Elecktra, Catwomen, and Iron Man.

Jeez, thats a lot of comic movies...

icatch9
05-12-2003, 03:13 PM
Bring them on. I'm sure with the overwelming success of XMen and Spidy we'll see a lot. Daredevil did well to, so I think we'll see some other off beat comic heros.

DC comics hasn't had a hit since Batman (wich was 14 ago). They have great characters, but WB burned out the BM and SM series so other companies are probally a bit scetchy doing one of those.

I'd love to see a Spawn 2 movie. McFarlane has talked about doing it for a while, but doesn't seem like much is movie. Blade 1 and 2 did very well, so there is no reason a rated R movie of Spawn wouldn't.

I think that these comic movies are great. Comics are some of the best stories of our time. Certainly the most creative and most amazing stories. That is why these movies are so succesful. They are great stories with great and beloved charaters. Even if you not a fan, it is very easy to become attached to a movie super hero.

Case in point, my fiance has never read a comic in her life. Probally never even herd of Xmen befor the first movie. Once she saw it she was amazed. She bought the video when it came out and is a huge fan of the movie. Now, she's not out buing up all the old comics, but I think she'd read them if I got them for her. That's just what these movies can do. Oh, yea she loved the second one too :D.

Eternal Padawan
05-12-2003, 05:52 PM
I am hard at work on a Speedball script. ;)

I think Namor, the Sub Mariner is getting a whack at coming to the big screen.

We'll all truly be in fanboy heaven when these characters start crossing over. Who wouldn't want to see Hugh Jackman scuffling with the CGI Hulk? or Tobey and Ben tussling with Thomas Jane? Curse Marvel for selling their heroes to different studios! :mad:

keith koth
05-12-2003, 06:05 PM
I would like to see a Superfriends movie based on the cartoon. All of the favorite heros could be together in one film. Aquaman, Batman & Robin, Superman, Wonderwoman, the Wonder Twins, Flash, Green Lantern and so on. Ahh, that would be great!

evenflow
05-12-2003, 06:07 PM
Punisher is in the works.

Jek Porky 2002
05-20-2003, 06:19 PM
Is it rue that The next Spider-Man movie is called "The Amazing Spider-Man"?

Does this mean that the next Hulk film is called "The Incredible Hulk"?

Kidhuman
05-20-2003, 08:26 PM
Does anyone know who the Villian in the Next Spiderman movie is? I heard it was Venom and The Rock was gonna play him. I don't believe that but any info would help.

The Overlord Returns
05-21-2003, 01:46 PM
It's Dr. Octopuss.......

Jek Porky 2002
05-21-2003, 05:42 PM
It is Dr. Octopus and he will be played by Alfred Molina.

I am suprised that it is up for a 2004 release, I thought there'd be at least a 3 year gap between the two.

Also is Kirsten Dunst in the new one?

James Boba Fettfield
05-21-2003, 06:09 PM
Yes, she's in it, too. The thread for Spider-Man 2 is around here somewhere.

Eternal Padawan
05-21-2003, 07:47 PM
The next X-Men movie will be called 'Uncanny X-Men' or it should anyway.

RooJay
05-22-2003, 06:30 PM
Also look for the Lizard in Spider-Man 2 (played by Dylan Baker recently of Road to Perdition and Head of State as well as Fox's craptastic new series, The Pitts. Ain't It Cool News recently posted some pics of Baker on the set in a lab coat minus an arm). It was also recently announced that the "Amazing" was dropped in favor of the more basic "Spider-Man 2".

RooJay
05-22-2003, 06:39 PM
Comic properties currently in some stage of development or another in film include:

Batman (with Memento's Chris Nolan and writer David Goyer)
Superman (with McG possibly back on board)
Spider-Man 2
The Punisher
Ghost Rider
Blade 3
Catwoman
Constantine
Fantastic Four
Hellboy (here's an awesome pic of Ron Perlman as Hellboy: http://www.superherohype.com/cgi-bin/news/hellboy.cgi?newsid1052772835,80609, )
Iron Fist
Iron Man
Wonder Woman
Man-Thing
Conan
Namor
Werewolf by Night
and Elektra

...and with imminent releases -
The Hulk
and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen[IMG]