PDA

View Full Version : Ready for anther Ewan McGregor movie

CloneTrooperMace
05-12-2003, 01:36 PM
This Friday "Down With Love"

Who's In It?: Renee Zellweger, Ewan McGregor, David Hyde-Pierce

Directed by: Not Available

What Down With Love Is About: A strongly feminist writer finds herself inexplicably drawn to a chauvenistic womanizing journalist.

Down With Love, an homage to the early 1960s sex comedies that starred Rock Hudson and Doris Day, follows a bestselling advice columnist (Renee Zellweger) who has all the answers until a sly journalist playboy (Ewan McGregor) starts asking the questions. Production is under way in Los Angeles; Peyton Reed is helming.

icatch9
05-12-2003, 02:04 PM
You know I really like Ewan McGregor. I think he's a great actor. Even in horrible movies (Eye of the Beholder) he's good. I love him as Obi Wan. Thing is, he's a smart actor. I mean he's taking all these "lovey dovey" roles so people don't just see him as Obi Wan. It stinks becasue he'd be so good playing in other action movies, but seems he chooses not to because he doesn't want to get type cast. I understand (what's Mark Hammil been doing?), but you know Harrison Ford got type cast as an action hero and He has one of the most succesful movie carrers in Hollywood today.

Anyway, heres me hopeing the Ewan McGregor gets more action roles, and less sappy roles :D.

JediTricks
05-12-2003, 09:00 PM
"Production is under way in Los Angeles"

What the hell??? This movie is coming out at the end of this week, production has been over for months.

I saw a clip of this, it looked a little cute but a lot more like the actors are getting lost in the premise and production. Oh, and Ewan McGregor should never rip his shirt off in public. ;)

CloneTrooperMace
05-12-2003, 09:07 PM
I get all my news from countingdown.com

The 'Xir
05-12-2003, 09:13 PM
You call 'Trainspotting' Lovey Dovey?!!! :p

JediTricks
05-12-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by CloneTrooperMace
I get all my news from countingdown.com Didja make sure this was news posted recently? I mean, the film is being distributed already, it's a little late to still be in production. :D

bobafrett
05-13-2003, 12:43 AM
A former girlfriend of mine, loved Ewan Mcgreagor. She went out and rented all of his movies that were available. One movie really stood out of his called "Velvet Goldmine" made in 1998.

"An interesting look into the world of Glammer Rock, or so I guess it tried. A decent story about finding your true identity, Velvet Goldmine is all about image. The colors in this film are is slick and stylish as velvet. The acting is the same, with an outstanding, crazy like hell performance by Ewan McGregor."

2-1B
05-13-2003, 02:53 AM
Directed by: Not Available

Peyton Reed is helming.

:D

I'm going to see this (despite my incredible distaste for Renee Zellweger) because I'm such a Ewan McGregor fan.
Still, I didn't dislike Chicago because of her, she was actually pretty good in that movie. :)

scruffziller
05-13-2003, 06:18 AM
TRAINSPOTTING will always be his alltime best EVER!!!!!

icatch9
05-13-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by The 'Xir
You call 'Trainspotting' Lovey Dovey?!!! :p

No, Trainspotting was pre-Episode 1. I was talking about post Episode 1. He was in Blackhawk down wich wasn't lovey dovey either, but he was hardly the main star of that movie. He choose very differnt starring roles now that he's known as Obi-Wan. That's all I was trying to say.

2-1B
05-13-2003, 12:21 PM
What about Eye of the Beholder ? I think that film is post-TPM, and he plays a real nutjob in it. :crazed:

Nightwatch is pretty cool as well, but I believe that's from 1998 . . .

stillakid
05-25-2003, 06:44 PM
Just got back from "Down With Love." Not bad. Some funny bits. Not quite the charm of the original "cheesy" Doris Day flicks, but fun nonetheless. Ewan plays his regular charming self quite well. Renee just isn't attractive enough to be that girl that every guy wishes he had.

A decent DVD viewing, but the best part of seeing this film might be the experience of seeing it in a theater.

bobafrett
05-26-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
Renee just isn't attractive enough to be that girl that every guy wishes he had.

I don't know, I find Renee to be very attractive. Now if she could fall in love with a middle income guy with a passion for Star Wars toys, I'd be set!