PDA

View Full Version : Silver Boba Fett: Full Information from StarWars.Com

Beast
05-12-2003, 10:14 PM
Track Down This Bounty Hunter: Silver Boba Fett
May 12, 2003

Hasbro will release an exclusive silver edition Boba Fett 3 3/4" action figure at summer conventions this year, as well as through the Official Star Wars Fan Club. The figure hits the convention scene first, and will then be available to Fan Club members.
The action figure is modeled after the 300th Edition Boba Fett, as seen in The Empire Strikes Back. This edition will be cast in a silvery finish, and packaged on a distinctive card.

The Official Star Wars Fan Club in the U.S., managed by Paizo Publishing, will sell the figure at select U.S. conventions while supplies last at each location. Look for Paizo's booth to find the exclusive action figure, plus other merchandise such as the beautiful Attack of the Clones IMAX banners and posters. After the 2003 convention season the U.S. Fan Club will offer the figure for sale to its members worldwide, while supplies last.

Here are the currently scheduled conventions where you can track down this bounty hunter. Be sure to check Paizo Publishing's official website for any changes to this schedule.

Jun 26 -- 29: Origins; Columbus OH
Jul 17 -- 20: Comic-Con International; San Diego, CA
Jul 24 -- 27: Gen Con; Indianapolis, IN
Aug 8 -- 10: Wizard World Chicago; Rosemont, IL

The Boba Fett convention figures will be sold at the Paizo booth for $10 each plus local taxes as applicable. Convention shoppers will be limited to a maximum purchase of two figures.

"Members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club should bring their membership cards with them to these conventions," said Mary Franklin, Director of Marketing at Paizo. "If the convention center setup allows, we will have a 'fast lane' for card-carrying members so they'll have a shorter wait to purchase their figures and other Fan Club collectibles."

Hasbro will also offer the figure through a limited number of international promotions, and through Official Star Wars Fan Clubs worldwide, including the Mexican Fan Club Collector's convention in Mexico City this July.

http://starwars.com/collecting/news/2003/05/news20030512.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TheDarthVader
05-12-2003, 10:16 PM
So does this mean the first time us non-going conventioners (but fan club members) will get a chance to buy this figure is at the fan club site and after August?? That is what I figure out from that type-up. They said they would sell the remainder after the conventions...right?

DarthChuckMc
05-12-2003, 10:23 PM
As long as they ONLY sell 2 per person...there MAY be some left for the FanClub...of course, we saw how well 2 per person worked at C2

JediTricks
05-12-2003, 10:52 PM
Interesting, interesting, that may change my perspective on this one slightly since it'll be in US cons rather than JUST the Fan Club.

JJB, you could use the "report as news" link next time it's something newsworthy like this.

DarthChuckMc
05-12-2003, 10:53 PM
imagine if you were/are one of the people shelling out $199+ on eBay for this thing right now, and STARWARS.com posts this.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! !!!

Beast
05-12-2003, 11:19 PM
JT, I did use the report as news link. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-13-2003, 12:10 AM
Ah, yeah, coming to Columbus, baby!!! Rock the casbah!! :D

JangoFart
05-13-2003, 01:16 AM
Hate to say this, but I think this is the epitomy of cheesy. I enjoyed the 300th Fett as much as the next Joe, but THREE different releases of this sucker? (Original, the new bounty hunter pack, and this)

I was hoping for at least a minor change to an existing Fett, as opposed to dipping this sucker in silver and slapping it on a new card.

Of course, I'll get one (or two), but it will be under protest :)

J

Beast
05-13-2003, 12:44 PM
StarWars.Hasbro.Com Updated With A Little More Info. :)

Special Edition Silver Boba Fett Action Figure
May 13, 2003

Hasbro will release an exclusive Star Wars action figure this summer. The figure, a silver-painted, 3 ¾” Boba Fett, will be available through the Official Star Wars Fan Club at several U.S. fan conventions this summer; it will then be available to Official Fan Club members after the convention season. Hasbro also will offer the figure for a limited number of international promotions and through Official Star Wars Fan Clubs worldwide, including the Mexican Fan Club Collectors’ convention in Mexico City this July.

Toy fans can anticipate an exceptional collectible. The limited edition figure is modeled after the 300th Edition Boba Fett, as he was seen in The Empire Strikes Back. It will be packaged on a distinctive card; the same packaging will be used for all figures worldwide.

In recent years, Hasbro has made it a tradition to say "thank you" to Star Wars fans by creating limited edition action figures such as the Star Wars Celebration II Jorg Sacul figure and the vacuum-metalized R2-D2.

"We want to thank the fans for supporting the brand through the years," said Jeff Popper, Director of Marketing for Star Wars at Hasbro.

The Official Star Wars Fan Club in the U.S., managed by Paizo Publishing, will sell the figure at the U.S. conventions listed below, while supplies last at each location. Look for Paizo’s booth to find the exclusive action figure, plus other merchandise such as the beautiful Attack of the Clones IMAX banners and posters. After the 2003 convention season the U.S. Fan Club will offer the figure for sale to its members worldwide,* while supplies last.

The plan at press time is to offer the action figure at these conventions. Fans should check www.paizo.com for last-minute updates or schedule changes before making their final convention plans.

Origins
Columbus Convention Center
Columbus, OH
June 26 - 29

Comic-Con International
San Diego Convention Center
San Diego, CA
July 17 – 20

Gen Con Indy
Indiana Convention Center
Indianapolis, IN
July 24 - 27

Wizard World Chicago
Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
Rosemont, IL
August 8 – 10

The Boba Fett convention figures will be sold at the Paizo booth for $10 each plus local taxes as applicable. Convention shoppers will be limited to a maximum purchase of two figures. Staff at the Paizo booth will punch convention badges to indicate purchases.

"Members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club should bring their membership cards with them to these conventions," said Mary Franklin, Director of Marketing at Paizo. "If the convention center setup allows, we will have a "fast lane" for card-carrying members so they’ll have a shorter wait to purchase their figures and other Fan Club collectibles."

Hasbro will attend both ComicCon and Wizard World Chicago, giving fans the opportunity to view for themselves most of the 2003 Star Wars toy line. Fans should stop by the Hasbro booth for special promotions, including the Star Wars Short Story Collection. Created by Hasbro, Star Wars Insider, Del Rey, and Scholastic, the Short Story collection will be available only in selected Hasbro Clone Wars toys, at ComicCon and Wizard World, and through special Hasbro promotions. Hasbro will also have a new version of its life-sized action figure blister card at these conventions. Fans who attended Star Wars Celebration II might remember having their picture taken as life-sized action figures.

To learn more go to www.starwars.com, starwars.hasbro.com, or starwars.paizo.com.

*The Official Star Wars Fan Club of the U.S. offers membership to fans in all countries except Austria, Benelux, Canton Ticino, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, San Marino, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and Vaticano. Star Wars fans in these countries can join their local Official Star Wars Fan Clubs.

To subscribe to the Official Star Wars Fan Club go to starwars.paizo.com, email swinsider@pcspublink.com, or call 1-760-291-1509.

http://starwars.hasbro.com/pl/page.repnews/sec.story/id.118/dn/bh.cfm

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
05-13-2003, 12:47 PM
And POTF2.COM has prototype images of the Boba Fett, and a Silver CloneTrooper as well, who is supposed to be a Store Exclusive later this year. Here's the pics. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
05-13-2003, 12:50 PM
Here's the Silver CloneTrooper Prototype. Pretty silly that they made the blast effect silver, when Vader's saber blade was left red. Would look better if it was the color of the regular blast effect, but it is a prototype. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TheDarthVader
05-13-2003, 01:52 PM
Thanks JJB. Those look cool. I hope that they make Boba Fett's cape silver for the final product. I think it looks funny being brown. They made Vader's cape silver, and they need to make Fett's cape silver too. Clone trooper looks good aside from what you mentioned, JJB. They need to make the blast effect red!

Beast
05-13-2003, 01:57 PM
I thought that Vader's cape was a blueish colored plastic, not silver. I don't have mine infront of me at the moment. But I know his waistcape was blueish plastic.

As for the CloneTrooper, all they need to do is put a red paint dot on the eye section of the helmet and he'll really look like a Cylon from Battlestar Galactica. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
05-13-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
As for the CloneTrooper, all they need to do is put a red paint dot on the eye section of the helmet and he'll really look like a Cylon from Battlestar Galactica. :)

"...by your command" ;)

icatch9
05-13-2003, 02:56 PM
Great info Jar Jar, but I'm a bit skeptical that these are actually prototypes. I mean I could do the same thing with a can of spray paint.

I know Prototypes are painted by hand too, but these look to fake. Plus, the backdrop isn't exactly something I'd expect to see at a Hasbro design office.

Like I said, I'm not sure. Doesnt' matter, that's what they are going to be and that's basically what they'll look like. So what, right.

Oh yea, the TF Vader does have a blueish color cape. There is a big difference between makeing a plastic cape a differnt color and a cloth cape a differnt color. They can't exactly paint the cloth now can they? Who knows what they'll do with that. They may leave it alone. After all, that'd be cheaper :D.

plasticfetish
05-13-2003, 03:05 PM
Mmmm, looks like someone's got another reason to go to Comic-Con this year.

Those prototype photos are a larf. (Wait a sec while I go spray paint my own silver Boba and call it a prototype.) It kinda looks like his cape is gold to me ... that might be a nice touch. And ... not that I'm knocking it, I'd like a silver version of just about every figure, but I sort of thought that the "silver" thing originally had to do with the "anniversary". Ehh, whatever.

** dope! - icatch9 beat me to it with the paint comment **

icatch9
05-13-2003, 03:09 PM
plasticfetish, I'm quick with the keys :D. Glad I'm not the only one that can tell Krylon by looking at it. Still they are both a good representation of what they'll look like.

Yea, Con's are load of fun but this will make them that much sweeter :D!

Jargo
05-13-2003, 03:54 PM
Tacky tacky tacky. This is a thank you? A crappy rehash? and people have to pay for it? WOO! How generous.
A real thank you would be to make the goddamned figures we as consumers genuinely want and to get the goddamned distribution sorted.

hasbroken are a joke - no, they aren't funny so make that hasbroken are *words that cannot be typed on an all ages site*

Thank you? Don't make me frickin' laugh.

jedi-cpa
05-13-2003, 04:01 PM
Fantastic another rare fig I won't get.

I hate hasbro.

icatch9
05-13-2003, 04:10 PM
Yoazza! You guys certainly do know how to rain on a sunny day.

Sorry EJ, you don't like exclusives. Don't know what to say, but suck it up and buy it from the club. Everyone will have a chance at this one through the club. It won't be a debacle like the TF Vader. There were only a few thousand of those and never ment to be sold to the general public. This one is, so it will be affordable.

Frankly, if you don't like it than don't buy it. If you don't like Hasbro than don't buy thier product. I hear Toy Biz makes the best action figures anyway. I'm sure they'd love your business.

PS

Besides it will probally be cheaper to get it on ebay than it would be to go to any convention. After all most convention tickets will be $20 or so, and $10 or so to park. Right there is $30 + $10 for the fig. I doubt you'll have to pay out $40 to get a Silver Boba. It's all in how you look at it. Chin up fellas, this is a cool deal :D!

LTBasker
05-13-2003, 04:16 PM
Dunno, they don't look at that great. They chromed that stupid blast effect for the Preview Clone? yeeeesh... They should've used the one that came with Carkoon Fett, and a silver blast effect looks stupid. Vader's lightsaber stayed red...

I hope they're a little more clear chromed, Boba will probably be worth it, but yeeesh the Clone Trooper needs a better mold.

Beast
05-13-2003, 05:55 PM
Well, it's POTF2.com. So who knows if the pictures are real or not, but they have had pictures before other sites in the past. Eh, oh well. They are gonna look basically like that anyway. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
05-13-2003, 06:13 PM
They're just spray painted with silver plasticote or something. Last year we had a silver anniversary and it made sense that there were silver themed items. These are just milking it a bit too far. And what's all that about hasbroken making it a tradtion? Since when did you just up and make a tradition? The only tradition hasbroken seems to have is trashing a toy line with cheap gimmicks and nasty production values and standards.
Of course there won't be enough of these things to go round so hasbroken can artificially excite the market again. It's not a thank you, it's a slap in the mush with a dead kipper. Insulting.

Beast
05-13-2003, 06:18 PM
This isn't like the Vader, Jargo. That was never actually made with the public in mind. This would be more like the R2-D2, with production numbers in mind for the public. Plus they say that it will be available from fan clubs outside the U.S. as well. So it's not going to be as hard to find for folks inside and outside the States. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
05-13-2003, 08:02 PM
I want these babies, but this is hardly a thank you hasbro. The Silver r2 was, everyone and their grandmother has one. Anyways if it was a thank you, then Hasbro should offer it directly from them and for free or at least close to free. The only good thing now, is that there are many ways to get a hold of Boba. This might give me a good reason to drive south this summer, of course my wife will want to go to Sea World.

TheDarthVader
05-13-2003, 08:09 PM
Hey hasbro...listen to me...Get your silver Boba Fett by mailing in 500 Jedi Master points. Shipping is on us for the many years you have bought our products TO get those points!
On the other issue, I looked at my toy fair Vader. Sorry guys, I made a mistake. It is a blueish color...which looks kinda odd to me seeing how his cape and skirt cape were BLACK in all of the movies. Oh well, another figure "well done" right Hasbro??
I am with Emperor Jargo....the more I think about how Hasbro makes their figures, the more upset I get. But I agree with JJB, the Boba Fett SHOULD be much easier to get than any silver figure thus far, even the R2 D2. ;)

I am Jabba the Hutt
05-13-2003, 08:42 PM
surely someone with a spare 300th Boba Fett could simply paint it silver and voila? :D

Beast
05-13-2003, 09:21 PM
Same thing they could basically do, with a Vader from the Final Jedi Duel Cinema Scene. Except for having to make the capes a different color. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I am Jabba the Hutt
05-13-2003, 09:25 PM
Yeah! You gonna get these Jar Jar? For Return of the Jedi Silver, they should also do a Silver Emperor Palpatine too! Cause he was so essential to that movie :)

jpak001
05-13-2003, 10:35 PM
I'm gonna pass on these. To be honest, they really just don't impress me that much.

I'll just stay happy with the Toyfair Vader, don't really need a bunch of silver figures. Just one special one is good enough for me! *Not knockin' anyone else that does want one or anything like that* :)

plasticfetish
05-13-2003, 11:14 PM
To thank the fans for supporting the brand through the years, I'm personally going to be offering a silver Pilot Jango Fett figure. It will be $10 plus shipping and will come packed in a custom ziplock baggie. Availability will depend on dry time ... if it's raining out, I may need a few extra hours.

icatch9
05-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Were did everyone get the idea that this was some sort of Thank You, from Hasbro? Hasbro won't be thanking us any time soon. Why should they? I mean they make tons of figs, and what do you guys do? Complain complain complain. They make tons of figures avalable that are easy to find, and what do we do? Don't buy them, even when they are as cheap as $2.00. All they get are complaints from fan boys who are never happy, and you guys want a thank you? Ya, right. Go ahead and stop buying you'll see how little of an impact you make. I hear Toy Biz makes the best figs around, go buy their stuff. I'm sure they'd love your business.

187-Maul
05-14-2003, 11:30 AM
if my TRU will get these as they did with the silver R2-D2 I will get them, if not, I won't shell out big bucks for these (as they are not THAT interesting to me)

Turbowars
05-14-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
Were did everyone get the idea that this was some sort of Thank You, from Hasbro? Hasbro won't be thanking us any time soon. Why should they? I mean they make tons of figs, and what do you guys do? Complain complain complain. They make tons of figures avalable that are easy to find, and what do we do? Don't buy them, even when they are as cheap as $2.00. All they get are complaints from fan boys who are never happy, and you guys want a thank you? Ya, right. Go ahead and stop buying you'll see how little of an impact you make. I hear Toy Biz makes the best figs around, go buy their stuff. I'm sure they'd love your business. Well Hasbro said it no us, anyways why would I buy the same figures For 2 bucks if I allready bought them for 5 bucks. You say easy to find, chit not around here and if you read most of these posts around here you will see that across the US that many can't find much.

JediTricks
05-14-2003, 10:54 PM
JT, I did use the report as news link. Weird, neither Steve nor I got an email about that, that's why I posted what I did.

Great info Jar Jar, but I'm a bit skeptical that these are actually prototypes. I mean I could do the same thing with a can of spray paint.
I know Prototypes are painted by hand too, but these look to fake. Plus, the backdrop isn't exactly something I'd expect to see at a Hasbro design office.
Like I said, I'm not sure. Doesnt' matter, that's what they are going to be and that's basically what they'll look like. So what, right. I agree, I am skeptical too. This is a very popular thing to do at Frank & Sons by the Hot Wheels set where they dip an already-released car in chrome. With this, all it would take is chroming an already-released figure to claim it's an authentic proto - Vader and R2 were colored and had special stuff, but Cloney and Fett here are pretty much straight-up chromed except for Fett's shoulder-cape. I'm not saying these are phoney, but I remain skeptical.

Oh, and Vader's saber wasn't "left red", it was chromed into a new red color. Minor difference from our POV, but important to anybody who buys a loose TF Vader I bet.

I plan on avoiding chrometrooper there like the plague, I don't like that figure much (no waist articulation, soft sculpt, funky pose), but I am not as sure about Fett. I'm a sucker. :stupid: :D

2-1B
05-15-2003, 04:19 AM
Were did everyone get the idea that this was some sort of Thank You, from Hasbro?

Well, I got that idea from Hasbro:

Special Edition Silver Boba Fett Action Figure
May 13, 2003

In recent years, Hasbro has made it a tradition to say "thank you" to Star Wars fans by creating limited edition action figures such as the Star Wars Celebration II Jorg Sacul figure and the vacuum-metalized R2-D2.

"We want to thank the fans for supporting the brand through the years," said Jeff Popper, Director of Marketing for Star Wars at Hasbro.

Hasbro won't be thanking us any time soon. Why should they?

Well, according to Jeff Popper they WILL be "thanking" us soon, as for why:

:rolleyes:

Sorry, I just think it's laughable to sell an exclusive repaint at twice $$$ retail under the guise of "thanking" someone. :rolleyes:

Beast
05-15-2003, 04:45 AM
It's not twice retail, the 300th Boba Fett was $9.99 - $12.99 when it was released a few years ago. Of course now that it's been stuck in the TRU Bounty Hunter 4-Pack, that doesn't mean much. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
05-15-2003, 05:56 AM
I never specifically referred to Fett, I was talking about these "thank you"s in general.

The Silver Vader I have is based on a figure I paid $5 or less for.

The Silver R2 I have is based on a figure I paid $5 or less for, and I paid $10 to get it from Amazon (I didn't bother paying $20 for crap I don't want just to get a free one)

The Jorg Sacul I have is in the same standard packaging as the other $5 Saga figures, and they charged twice that.

Okay, okay, so the 300th Fett which this is based on was $10 at retail - it still doesn't mean it SHOULD have been retailed for $10 . . . oh, a fancy box doubles the price of a figure ? :rolleyes: )

Jargo
05-15-2003, 07:02 AM
Considering the 25th anniversary packs were pretty much the same price as Fett 300 and there were two figures in the 25th anni packs Fett was a costly figure from the get go. It's not a thank you if you have to pay for something. If it is then I'm charging people every time I say thank you to Them.

jjreason
05-15-2003, 02:56 PM
Now THERE's a moneymaking idea! :D

I agree. Give us a damned chance to use our 4.5 million Jedi Master points to get the Silver Boba, and I'll consider that a "thank you" until then, as far as Im concerned these expensive and hard to find exclusives are "F*** yous" not "thank yous".

seth_quinn
05-15-2003, 03:59 PM
I second that jjr!

DarthChuckMc
05-15-2003, 04:19 PM
Here it is..

TA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Beast
05-15-2003, 05:03 PM
I have to say, it looks pretty cool. I love Fett's Symbol being on the cardback. Can't wait to grab myself one of these. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthChuckMc
05-15-2003, 06:22 PM
This is a copy of an email I sent to Mary Franklin at Paizo Publishing.

Hi Mary,
My name is Chuck McMenamin, and I am a huge STAR WARS fan. I attend as many conventions in my area (Orlando, FL) as money and time will allow me to.
Unfortunately, there is no way I will be able to attend any of the conventions that the silver Boba Fett will be available at…the closest one being about 900 miles away.
I understand that the Boba Fett will be available for Fan Club members "while supplies last" . Will there be a system set up to ensure that Fan Club members will get 1st dibs at the figure? Will there be a limit to the number available per member?
I have an idea that maybe you folks at Paizo would consider implementing when the time comes to sell the figure to members.
Everyone that is a Fan Club member, has an account number printed on the address label of their issues of the STAR WARS Insider. Paizo could set up an account for every Fan Club member, to email their personal information (ie. Name, account number, mailing address, email address etc.), and basically "Pre-Order" their figure(s). When you guys/gals receive the figures available for sale, you could email each person that registered.
Doing this, or something similar, would really help a lot of people out. This would cut down on the number of scalpers reselling the figures on eBay (which is already happening believe it or not). The figures would get in the hands of the people that WANT them, and not those that want to make a quick buck (or $300 as some are already being sold for).
I was lucky enough to get (1) one Toy Fair Darth Vader last year, but only because I happened to be up at 5 am browsing the web, the day the posted them for sale.
If you were to implement something like I suggested, fans wouldn't have to rely on luck just to get one.

Please consider this idea. I know a lot of collectors are already trying to get online friends, that live near the conventions, to hook them up. So far, everyone has been pretty unsuccessful.

Thanks,
Chuck McMenamin
darthchuckmc@msn.com

I'll post her reply if/when I get it.

jrosen
05-15-2003, 07:18 PM
Is it just me or is the Fett just plain old ugly. I mean Vador and R2 both had some color with them. This is just a silver figure. I mean they could have really made it cool if they enhanced the figure with Boba's green or make a Jango. He's pretty much all silver and blue. This figure looks completely wrong. Kind of like a shiny pewter figure.

DarthChuckMc
05-15-2003, 07:32 PM
Hey...Mary replied already...less than an hour..THAT'S customer service.

Here's her reply:

Thanks for your comments, Chuck.

After the convention season is over, we will sell the silver Boba Fett ONLY to fan club members. We can determine membership online. The exact information hasn’t been settled yet, but typically we do not need to be as complicated as asking for membership numbers to confirm membership. Confirmed membership will be required to place orders. Only two action figures per member.

We’re looking forward to having enough figures to make many people happy.

Mary Franklin

Director of Marketing and Operations

Paizo Publishing, LLC

Turbowars
05-15-2003, 07:37 PM
No way, this carded Fett is very cool, like JJB said I really like the tat on the card front. I dig on these black OT cards!!

Dr Zoltar
05-15-2003, 07:41 PM
Go DarthChuck! That was a well stated email and it sounds like the Fan Club will listen. I'll bet they put a lot of effort into this since they're in the spot light at the moment and want to revitalize the Fan Club.

sith_killer_99
05-15-2003, 08:09 PM
Yes indeed, these look just dandy. I believe I will have to make a trip up to Indy!:D

JangoFart
05-15-2003, 09:32 PM
The only thing I'd like to see different on this figure is I'd like to see his visor and rifle black - that would contrast the chrome awesomely.

I DIG the card!

J

aceguide
05-16-2003, 10:15 AM
This looks like a nice piece. I certainly hope that there is a reasonable chance to score this one.

plasticfetish
05-16-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
Here it is..
TA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
OK. Thank You. That's 100x nicer than the other photo. Again ... another reason to try and make the con. :)

Chiesa
05-17-2003, 04:48 PM
Yes it looks much much nicer when it is carded!

TheDarthVader
05-17-2003, 08:48 PM
Yes, the card is cool. The figure looks good to me. I just want to know something...I know that Boba Fett is poplular, but would anyone else besides me like to see the "big core" characters done in silver before characters like Boba Fett?? Luke, Chewy, Han, Leia, C3PO (haha would look like TC-14), Kenobi, and maybe Emperor Palpaine would be my preference before Boba Fett. Call me old fashioned, but we already have Vader and R2D2! Don't get me wrong, I will definately be ordering two of these Boba Fett figures from the Fan Club!!! ;)

Teeska Mon Eebon
05-17-2003, 10:35 PM
hopefully this time I'll score one of these bad boys!

Beast
05-17-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by TheDarthVader
Yes, the card is cool. The figure looks good to me. I just want to know something...I know that Boba Fett is poplular, but would anyone else besides me like to see the "big core" characters done in silver before characters like Boba Fett?? Luke, Chewy, Han, Leia, C3PO (haha would look like TC-14), Kenobi, and maybe Emperor Palpaine would be my preference before Boba Fett. Call me old fashioned, but we already have Vader and R2D2! Don't get me wrong, I will definately be ordering two of these Boba Fett figures from the Fan Club!!! ;)
I think they haven't done "human" characters, cause they would look pretty silly with silver flesh. That's usually what the answer is, when these things come up. They will most likely stick with masked and armored humanoids, and droids. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
05-17-2003, 11:08 PM
They should do Colossus. :)

stillakid
05-18-2003, 12:49 AM
I think they haven't done "human" characters, cause they would look pretty silly with silver flesh.

I wonder how they would make a "special edition" T-1000? :cool:

2-1B
05-18-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
Hey...Mary replied already...less than an hour..THAT'S customer service.

Mary Franklin

Director of Marketing and Operations

Paizo Publishing, LLC

I hope I have the same luck with her, I sent an email today inquiring about my stalled subscription so I hope to hear back from her sometime on Monday. :)

Originally posted by stillakid
I wonder how they would make a "special edition" T-1000?

Maybe gold would work ? :D

TheDarthVader
05-19-2003, 02:33 PM
Good point, JJB, but I still think a silver human would be okay. You have to remember that it is a SE figure...not made for likeness in the dept. of color. I don't think it would look silly, but that's just my opinion. If they are doing just armored/droids, they should have done a stormtrooper first before Fett! Oh well, at long as they make enough so we all can get one! ;)

stillakid
05-19-2003, 09:54 PM
I personally think that Hasbro only makes silver versions of things after a certain amount go in the "irregular" pile. For instance, enough R2's get a bad paint job, POOF! hit 'em with a coat of silver, drop 'em in a "special" package and we're off to the races. :)

DarthChuckMc
05-19-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
I personally think that Hasbro only makes silver versions of things after a certain amount go in the "irregular" pile. For instance, enough R2's get a bad paint job, POOF! hit 'em with a coat of silver, drop 'em in a "special" package and we're off to the races. :)

Great theory Stilla...
...I can see us getting a silver Yoda, of the first POTF2 sculpt possibly. He's not "human", and the sculpt is kinda static and stale by todays standards, so I think he could happen.
A stormtrooper is probably on tap too. There isn't too many "main" characters left that they could really do except maybe Jango, since he's a variation of the Boba costume, and maybe C-3PO, but he'd just wind up looking like TC-14 or U-3PO.