PDA

View Full Version : shipping tips for new online buyers

seth_quinn
05-13-2003, 02:28 AM
as the drought continues I suspect more and more of us are turning to US sources for figures and such. for those of you that are new to getting your figures this way, here are a couple of tips: inform sellers that Canada Customs are greedy savages, and ask them to undervalue the package (under $20 is best) and mark it as a gift, - if possible. and that you greatly appreciate it if they can. also Do Not let anyone ship you anything via UPS! if your package is hit with duty, Canada Post tacks on an extra $5 brokering fee, UPS tacks on $30. which means if you buy something for $10/15 and there's a buck or two worth of duty on it, ups is going to show up at your door looking for 30 some odd dollars. which of course makes some ebay bargain, no bargain at all in the end. I'm sure most of you already knew all of this but if I help just one person avoid this rip off that I learned the hard way, then it was more than well worth the time it took me babble all this out.

jjreason
05-20-2003, 01:14 PM
Excellent tips, SQ. As someone who's felt the wrath, I know I'd appreciate hearing and knowing this up front. My next box from Kebco has well over 200.00 worth of stuff in it, and I know they tack on the full value. My taxes will likely be 60 bucks, raising my per figure cost even higher than it already is. The good news is that the new Boba Fett's in there....... :cool: :D

DarthChuckMc
05-20-2003, 03:16 PM
Boba Fett??? Where???? :D

jjreason
05-20-2003, 04:16 PM
Hehehehe........I just watched that this morning! :cool: :D

Lando (while having his leg grabbed by the mighty Sarlacc ) "Yearhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhg!!!" - possibly his most emotionally charged line of the OT!

gambitguru
04-07-2004, 03:03 PM
some of the e bay shippers are expensive and rip offs