PDA

View Full Version : I Love Natalie

Jek Porky 2001
11-18-2001, 11:52 AM
I don't know about any of you lot but I think Natalie Portman is gorgeous does any body have any information about her.

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-18-2001, 02:24 PM
no, but she is probably the hottest girl they have put on a star wars movie so far!!! mmm hmmm!

bigbarada
11-18-2001, 03:10 PM
I know she was born in Israel and moved to the US when she was a kid. Her first film was The Professional. As I understand it, this film is where GL discovered her and approached her to see if she was interested in playing Padme for the prequels, which he hadn't even announced he was making yet. So, from a certain point of view, you could say that if not for her we would never have a prequel trilogy.

God bless you, Natalie!!!!:D

jawaboy
11-18-2001, 03:57 PM
I can't stand Natalie Portman posts. She's a darn potato people.

derek
11-18-2001, 04:43 PM
portman is her grandmother's maiden name. her real last name is hershlag. and jek porky, keep your distance. she's made it clear she wants nothing to do with us geeks.:D

Jek Porky 2001
11-18-2001, 04:48 PM
What do you meen

derek
11-18-2001, 04:52 PM
what do i mean about what? about natalie wanting nothing to do with us? she said it in an interview earlier this year, that she values her privacy(what ever that means) and dosen't like being noticed in public, and has apparently been "bothered" by star wars geeks at harvard. she said she dosen't want anything to do with"those kind of people".

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-18-2001, 05:10 PM
that just changed my entire view of it...i don't like her much as amidala/padme anymore....AND WE ARE NOT GEEKS!!!!! we are just people who like star wars or has an obbsession about it like me...

master jedi
11-18-2001, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2001
I don't know about any of you lot but I think Natalie Portman is gorgeous does any body have any information about her.
You can fin some info on her at imdb.com

I call her, GNT. No ifs ands or buts about it.

bigbarada
11-19-2001, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by derek
what do i mean about what? about natalie wanting nothing to do with us? she said it in an interview earlier this year, that she values her privacy(what ever that means) and dosen't like being noticed in public, and has apparently been "bothered" by star wars geeks at harvard. she said she dosen't want anything to do with"those kind of people".

I think you are interpretting what she said in the wrong way. Of course someone going to college will be more interested in being left alone to concentrate on her studies. It's too bad that a few morons who can't distinguish fantasy from reality ruin it for the rest of us, who are basically just like everyone else.

SWAFMAN
11-19-2001, 11:56 PM
I don't know the whole story, and I don't pretend to make any excuses for her or against her, but one thing to keep in mind is that she MUST be concerned about the obvious parallels between herself and Jody Foster as far as the potential for an obsessed fan doing something crazy "to win her love."

I'm not saying it is a likely or realistic concern, but you could hardly blame her for thinking about it.

Obi-Don
11-20-2001, 05:58 AM
I guess thats one of the prices you have to pay when your in the spot light. Sometimes I wonder why anyone would choose that line of work. But on the other hand when you do put yourself out there, you have to be ready for your privacy to be invaded.Its a win/lost kind of thing.I'm not sure I would want to live that kind of life.The money would be good,but I would like to be able to go out and do things without everyone hounding me.

El Chuxter
11-20-2001, 01:16 PM
The golden rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. True, Natalie Portman is a great actress, quite striking, and in a famous film to boot. But this doesn't make her (or Alec Guinness, or Ewan McGregor, or anyone else) less human.

Imagine you're a street-sweeper. You become famous for your street-sweeping abilities. Do you want millions of people hounding you all the time? Probably not. Neither do actresses, actors, models (though I hesitate to call that a profession), singers, writers, comic book artists, etc, etc, etc.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-20-2001, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
The golden rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. True, Natalie Portman is a great actress, quite striking, and in a famous film to boot. But this doesn't make her (or Alec Guinness, or Ewan McGregor, or anyone else) less human.

Imagine you're a street-sweeper. You become famous for your street-sweeping abilities. Do you want millions of people hounding you all the time? Probably not. Neither do actresses, actors, models (though I hesitate to call that a profession), singers, writers, comic book artists, etc, etc, etc.

Why go into that type of profession if you know you'll be hounded by fans? Of course I'm talking about street-sweeping. :)

derek
11-20-2001, 08:31 PM
i think i got the jist of her comments, and for the most part i agree. i'm not anywhere near famous, and i don't want to be hasseled by anyone. but these hollywood types are a different kind of person. i'm speaking in generalities, but most performers desire first and foremost for others approval and attention. then when they get it, they ***** and moan about it. they can't have it both ways. i would never even think of approaching a celebrity. what for, an autograph? what's the point of that?to meet them? this person dosen't know me. but there are people who will. and the funny thing is the moment these celebrities have no one around to adore them and pay attention to them, they'll want it even more. like chevy chase in some movie he didn't even read the script for. pretty sad.

Jargo
11-28-2001, 06:35 PM
I have to disagree with you there Derek. As an actor myself although not a film actor or a famous one, I have known some famous actors along the way and I have to say that for the most part actors (there's no actress anymore it isn't pc) are just people doing a job they have a talent for to raise the rent money and keep the tax man happy. There are a few actors who crave notoriety of the sortt like Jim Carrey or similar, but they are a minority. All the actors I know will quite happily talk to people in the theater bar after a show about their work but don't want to spend a whole night talking about the performance and what kind of food they eat etc. Frankly it's embarrasing to be constantly told how wonderful someone thinks you are and how your performance helped them get over their depression and saved their marraige.....
Theater is the same as film in that us actors turn up, say the lines with the requisite emotion and move the way the director told us to. At the end of a performance we go home and pay our bills then relax. Same as any job. Only difference is that we stand up in front of hundreds of people nightly and bare our fake souls for their edification and amusement. Sometimes the job is uncomfortable and emotionally draining, which means the last thing we want to do is talk about a fans bedroom full of posters dedicated like a shrine to whichever actor they 'love'
If however, an actor is being paid to publicise a film or play then it's fair game to go up and expect a little response. But it's not okay to turn up on an actors doorstep and expect a warm welcome if you aren't invited there in the first place.
It's never happened to me personally but I know actors who have had their trashcans emptied by 'fans' looking for keepsakes. Which is just totally unacceptable behaviour. I have been bothered after performances of a particularly draining nature by people wantinf to 'know' the actor who just blew them away and got his own curtain call.
Similarly, fans bothering actors in restaurants is unacceptable. Actors are humans who lead human lives and must eat sometimes. to have a meal ruined by someone brandishing a pen and a napkin in search of an autograph as you try to eat dinner is maddening and just plain rude on the fans part.
Just because you are seen in public places doesn't mean you are publicly accessible by default.

As much as I dislike natalies acting I can sympathise with her on the invasion thing. How dare anyone assume that she would want to see them at her place of schooling. How invasive and ill mannered to turn up unannounced and demand the time and attention of someone you really know nothing about. I hope the fan/s in question were dealy with sharply.

Acting is really hard work. Most of it mental. It requires a strong mind to take on a new personality and convey that to thousands of people convincingly.The physical demands are high and for ninety percent of actors the pay is appaling. It's not surprising that so many actors either burn out or get really ****ed at the crap they have to endure from critics and fans alike. Just think a little more deeply before you go leaping at anyone in the business with an autograph book in your hand. Maybe they had a bad day abnd didn't get that job they pinned the tax money on. maybe they can't make the kids birthday because of work commitments. Just be more considerate and remember that you don't own them or anything about them. And you certainly don't have rights of access unless that access is paid for or arranged.

bigbarada
11-28-2001, 08:36 PM
Well said, Jargo!

The notion of "if they didn't want the attention they should have picked a different line of work" is just idiotic. These are people with their own lives, plans and problems; just because you appreciate their performance doesn't give you the right to harrass, stalk or hound them. When you go to a theatre to see a movie or a play, you go to be entertained not to start a relationship with the actors. Let them do their job, enjoy them for the short time they are on the screen or stage, then leave them alone.

KENNY GUIDO
12-17-2001, 09:37 AM
ANYONE WANT HER ADRESS ON LONG ISLAND? SHE LIVES RIGHT DOWN THE EXPRESSWAY FROM ME!:D

derek
12-17-2001, 04:46 PM
keep it to yourself. the general public already views us a geeks. the title of "stalker" is not one we need.