PDA

View Full Version : Anakin Secret Ceremony



tgr3328
05-13-2003, 10:57 AM
I just got the Anakin Secret Ceremony figure. Why does he come with a light saber, blast effect, and a stern look on his face as if he is in a battle. Isn't this figure supposed to re-enact the wedding scene? He should look happy, not like he's facing the entire Separatist army. Maybe he misunderstood when Padme said "Get ready for some serious action tonight!" :p

stillakid
05-13-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by tgr3328
I just got the Anakin Secret Ceremony figure. Why does he come with a light saber, blast effect, and a stern look on his face as if he is in a battle. Isn't this figure supposed to re-enact the wedding scene? He should look happy, not like he's facing the entire Separatist army. Maybe he misunderstood when Padme said "Get ready for some serious action tonight!" :p

It fits his m.o. for the entire film...being angry for no justifiable reason at all. So with that in mind, it's the perfect likeness! :happy:

icatch9
05-13-2003, 11:43 AM
I agree. I don't understand why they wanted to make this Anakin one that is a "battle" figure. Aren't there enough Anakins with lightsaber slashing action. Do we really need another one?
I'm not a Hasbro basher, but I think they dropped the ball on this one.

tgr3328
05-13-2003, 11:49 AM
Its a good figure. I just don't think that the pose, accessories, and facial expression make it a wedding Anakin. He looks like Anakin, Jedi Knight (post-EPII).

JEDIpartner
05-13-2003, 02:51 PM
That's exactly my feeling on this one as well. It's a really good Anakin figure but NOT a good "wedding scene" figure. Ehhhh... what do I know? I like a lot of the ones that have come out recently... BUT NOT RIP-CORD ARTOO!!! :mad:

icatch9
05-13-2003, 03:11 PM
Yea, Hasbro has done very well with this last batch of figs. Still, disapointing about the secret ceremony. What am I suppose to put on top of my wedding cake now? Bummer!

Turbowars
05-13-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
Yea, Hasbro has done very well with this last batch of figs. Still, disapointing about the secret ceremony. What am I suppose to put on top of my wedding cake now? Bummer! I hope you weren't planning on using Broccoli Padme for your cake.:D I guess Padme will just have to stand by herself on her wedding day, because Annie looks like he's planning another Tusken population control session.

I am Jabba the Hutt
05-13-2003, 09:03 PM
I think it's a great wedding scene figure, the face is a look of deep intensity and he's the most neutrally posed Anakin yet.
And I'm sure that when he's posed looking into the face of Padme, he'll look great.
He comes with a Lightsaber for any post AOTC adventures that kids wanna play with.

stillakid
05-13-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
It's a really good Anakin figure but NOT a good "wedding scene" figure.

He probably heard about how "things" change after you get hitched, so the expression is probably showing his despair at getting less cootchie.

bobafrett
05-14-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
He probably heard about how "things" change after you get hitched, so the expression is probably showing his despair at getting less cootchie.

Ha, I was going to say the same thing! Maybe he's getting the lightsaber to set loose the ol' ball n' chain he just married. No, wait he has to have the kids yet, but I bet he's saying "One of these days Padme, Bam, straight to the twin moon with ya!"

Yeah, I keep looking at the figure asking myself why he needs a lightsaber, and whats with the mean face. Definitly going to keep that aggressive looking figure carded. I already have some mean faced Anakins loose and in battle.

Jayspawn
05-14-2003, 01:31 AM
Its my favorite Anakin figure. I don't care much about his facial expression. But if I was marrying Natalie Portman I'd be pretty happy!