PDA

View Full Version : where's my SANDCRAWLER info. . . ?

mark2d2
05-13-2003, 03:46 PM
man oh man. i can't believe that nobody has picked this one up yet.

it seems like a real no-brainer to me.

(of course then again do does releasing a movie accurate R5.:rolleyes: )

still, i just wish we'd hear something solid. something definite.
it'd be great if kaybee snapped it up as you can easily order their
exclusives online. . .

it's quite strange to me that Target ordered up an EU a-wing over
a vehicle that hasn't been out in plastic since 1980. oh, well. . .

i FINALLY got ahold of the new tusken raider figure and i am very
tatooine crazy these days. the SANDCRAWLER, my "dream toy" for
the last few. . .uh. . .decades. . .can't arrive in stores fast enough! :crazed:

Dark Marble
05-13-2003, 04:14 PM
When this bad boy comes out, I wonder if there will be a mad rush to places like Brian's Toys to buy up as many loose jawas as possible? I have a few jawas, but I would love to have a gang for the sand crawler. Maybe it is time to release some new jawa figures in the saga line. Ahem, Hasbro....hint......hint, hint.... ;) :p

TheDarthVader
05-13-2003, 04:37 PM
Didn't they offer army builders for Jawas at some point? If not, they need to. I want the tall jawa, the jawa that fans jabba the hutt, the really short jawas, and any others!

Dark Marble
05-13-2003, 04:56 PM
They don't have an army builder for the jawas, but that would be a great idea! I would also like to see a wider variety of jawas out there. There has to be something on the horizon, could hasbro actually release the sandcrawler and not have jawas to go with it? :confused:

mark2d2
05-13-2003, 08:15 PM
An all new Jawa two pack with a base that attaches to the Tusken's would be something I'd most certainly welcome. Or else the idea of packing a jawa with a unproduced droid in a series of two packs as has been discussed much before.

Turbowars
05-13-2003, 08:32 PM
Sorry Mark, but IMHO I can give a rats behind about this thing. I really don't understand why so many love this way under scale hunk of crap. Now don't get me wrong, I love SW toys as much as the next guy, but this thing is pathetic. I know I know all ship are under scale, but this one's really bad. It's just seems to me that it could have been 2x bigger and call it a figure case/playset. Hasbro is cheating us who buy these rehash toys. The box that they come in cost more than the toy. Anyways don't get all bent, I needed to let out some steam, bad day at work ;)

Simdog
05-14-2003, 09:23 AM
Who would buy a Re-hashed Jawa Army builder set? I think it would cool to offer the set featuring each the four different existing Jawa molds. This would be as cool as the Sandtrooper set.

kdp100
05-14-2003, 10:01 AM
Now there's an idea!
And if they could vary the paint-jobs on the new versions of each of the four molds, then that would be an additional bonus...

Jargo
05-14-2003, 05:57 PM
It would be simpler to mix and match the limbs and lower robes so we actually technically have the same Jawas but in different formation. Four new Jawas made from the same parts. Although four brand new sculpts would be preferable. And not just standing either. I get so fed up with figures just standing there like dorks. Knees and the ability to sit. Sculpts that are movie accurate. Where's the drunk Jawa that can mong out in the doorways? Where's the jawa that can do more than just swing his arms up or down? Sure these guys are small but if they can do it with yoda then they can do it with Jawas.

kdp100
05-15-2003, 05:26 AM
I've thought about customizing the four existing Jawas by swapping arms and so on, but I feel somewhat limited by the differences in size and colour of these limbs.
It's as if any swap between compatible figures would be almost unnoticeable, so I decided not to bother for the time being...