PDA

View Full Version : Thanx From the British fans!

Jek Porky 2001
11-18-2001, 11:57 AM
Can I just say that when I found out that Ep II will be released in England on the same day as the U.S I nearly collapsed. EpI didnt come out over here untill July 1999 which was quite good because it was my birthday the day that it was released, a great treat!

The Bald Ewok
11-18-2001, 07:58 PM
I know that this has nothing to do with SW. But I must say that the English have some of the best ears in the sound business. The last few guys that I have worked with (both from the UK) are tremendous when it comes to sound mixing!! Their ears was in tune with everything!

Jargo
12-30-2001, 07:06 PM
Strange that. I can't play a musical instrument to save my life but can pick out a duff note in any tune a mile away. My ears pick up higher frequencies better than bassier ones. So little girls screaming make my head ache. I can't sit in a crowded room either cuz I get sound overload. Clothing is really noisy, every crunch of leather or rustle of stiff cotton shirts etc. sounds almost deafening in a roomful of people. Very sensitive aural reception.....

it's great for picking out individual voices in choral pieces of music though. The duel of the fates sounds great to me cuz i can hear different voices so clearly.

It's also great for eavesdropping from a distance. I once picked up a whisper at thirty feet and then quoted back the whole conversation to the startled whisperer. maybe I should have been a spy...... cool :)

And it's great that we in the UK get to see the movie at the same time as you Americans. I heard it was a day earlier at one point but now I think it's going to be the same day. But as we're ahead of you time wise it's still technically before you :p

Darth Evil
12-31-2001, 02:10 PM
Urgh, the queues at cinemas will be huge, better book tickets!