PDA

View Full Version : What are spoilers to you???

scruffziller
05-14-2003, 12:35 PM
For those of you who only going to the NO SPOILERS sections for story discussion. How far do you go to keep certain info out. Is knowing what certain main charachters and/or actors too much etc. etc.????

Exhaust Port
05-14-2003, 01:00 PM
For me actors, characters and visuals (ie spaceships and planets) aren't spoilers. Knowing what they'll do and why is. I'll troll the internet looking for pictures just to see what I have in store but nothing beyond that. Stuff like that tells me no more about a movie than any of the previous SW trailers. It's a nice teaser.

keith koth
05-14-2003, 01:25 PM
Well, I'm not anti-spoiler...but I'll answer anyway.

We all pretty much know what is generally going to happen in EIII, we just don't know the small details of how the film will take us to the beginning of ANH. So, in my opinion, there are no real spoilers...except, perhaps, if there is some surpriseing twist to the story (a.k.a. "Luke, I am your father"). I would like to avoid spoiling any "surprises", but other than that, I would not consider any other information to be spoilers.

Pendo
05-14-2003, 01:38 PM
For me it's anything that isn't official, or big news. Any information I'll read from StarWars.com or an official Star Wars Magazine I won't regard as a spoiler, unless it is big news.

Being spoiler free I'll feel like I'm missing out on loads of stuff (which in a way I am), but when that LucasFilm logo opens in the cinema, I'll know it was well worth the effort :).

PENDO!

scruffziller
05-14-2003, 01:46 PM
So u consider the ***** story a big spoiler moment Pendo?

Pendo
05-14-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
So u consider the ***** story a big spoiler moment Pendo?
Yes, that's one of the things I'd like to have been kept a surprise, so when I'm sat at the cinema watching the movie I would be like "OMG THAT'S ***** :D:D:D:D:D:D:D!!!!!"

PENDO!

dr_evazan22
05-14-2003, 03:53 PM
I would consider a spoiler to be anything that doesn't come from an official source. I didn't mind hearing about ***** b/c he may just be a character in passing, in the background.

I also don't like reading everyones speculation about the plot either. (at work, there's a guy across from me... really smart. Anyway he asks stupid-a** qusetions like "Do you think Saddam is still alive? Where do you think he's hiding?" My point there is that any answer would be pure speculation and a total waste of time, mental energy and oxygen.) We'll know when we know.

Kidhuman
05-14-2003, 03:54 PM
I actually don't like to know anything thats gonna happen in the plot. Knowing about characters and ships I don't care about. I mean the toys are relesaed before the movie so you know about characters. I for one wouldn't wanna know how Mace gets killed or something like that. I now guess that ***** story is a spoiler.

Exhaust Port
05-14-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
I for one wouldn't wanna know how Mace gets killed or something like that.

SAR's

Jargo
05-14-2003, 05:35 PM
I like to see sneak peaks of locations and costumes without knowing what they are or where they fit in. Just stuff to whet my appetite. I like to know who's in the movie too. For AOTC I went spoiler nuts and tried to follow the whole thing along, poring over various sites daily if not hourly like a demented person. For the final chapter i'll be more circumspect I hope. But then again i'll probably go nuts again. As far as i'm concerned anything that crops up on fan sites is all rumour and most of it proves to be unfounded anyway. I like to see peoples artwork that supposedly is based on reports from the horses mouth. For AOTC the gunship art that people came up with ended up being close in overall shape but the details were off. But that's interesting. Dialog isn't interesting because that changes in post production anyway. It's just the visuals with me. Seeing pictures isn't spoiling anything because until i see the movie it's all out of context. If someone were stealing the dailies from the studio and publishing them on the net i guess i'd consider that a spoiler. Everything else is fair game.

Jedi Clint
05-14-2003, 06:43 PM
In this forum, any information from any source other than the other 5 films is a spoiler (be it officially released or otherwise).

This discussion was moved from the General forum and was edited for content.

scruffziller
05-15-2003, 08:09 AM
I put this forum in General Discussion because it could apply to any form of media not necessarily EPS 3, not necessarily SW and not necessarily movies but just discussing the basic elements of what people consider too revealing, to clarify.

Jedi Clint
05-15-2003, 05:54 PM
T'wasn't I that moved it sir.

TheDarthVader
05-16-2003, 03:12 PM
I want to know the verified information. ( I know, I am not spoiler free). Knowing *****'s story is not a spoiler because I do not know how Lucas will portray it. If there was more in depth information, I'd read it. In depth information is a spoiler to me, not small bits of information. I have yet to read any proven, verified in depth information about ep III. If it showed up, I'd read it...I would consider it a BIG spoiler. (I get too curious).

scruffziller
05-17-2003, 10:37 PM
Yea that is what usually happens to me.

bigbarada
06-18-2003, 01:29 AM
I've never been spoiler-free for any of the films (I always read the novelization or comic book adaption before seeing any Star Wars film). However, since this will be the last SW film, I figure I might as well try out the spoiler-free thing. Ironically, Ep3 barely needs any spoilers, since there is little mystery as to what will happen next.

We know Anakin will turn to the Dark Side, we know Luke and Leia will be born, we know lots of Jedis will die (only people who haven't seen the OT would consider those spoilers).

Details of Padme's, Mace's, Jar Jar's or Dooku's fate would be considered unwanted spoilers to me however.

gibbyhayes
06-18-2003, 03:37 PM
Wouldn't a spoiler just be anything that spoils the surprises? Does it need to be any more complicated than that?

stillakid
06-18-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by kidhuman
I actually don't like to know anything thats gonna happen in the plot. Knowing about characters and ships I don't care about. I mean the toys are relesaed before the movie so you know about characters. I for one wouldn't wanna know how Mace gets killed or something like that. I now guess that ***** story is a spoiler.

I second that. :)

I am Jabba the Hutt
06-18-2003, 05:15 PM
It's a tough one cause at first, "Jango Fett" was a spoiler... but pretty soon, they released a figure of him.

Examples of what I considered to be Episode II spoilers:

Plot details - Major plot details such as Anakin's mom dying, Count Dooku being the Sith Lord.

Dialogue - then again we hear dialogue in the trailers. Who thinks that there shouldn't be any trailers for Episode III? I'd rather see footage for the very first time when I go to the theater.

Photos - Anakin getting his arm chopped off, Yoda with a lightsaber.

It's a strange thing isn't it? Cause Jango Fett being the template of the Clone Army was a major spoiler... then it was revealed in a trailer. Spoilers to me are dynamic really. I guess it depends on the individual person.

I agree with BigB, we know Dooku is going to die and it's 99% likely that Anakin will engage Dooku in Combat infront of Palpatine. (Lucas says Anakin and Luke's life mirror each other.. Anakin just makes the wrong choices.) Anakin will kill dooku and become the sith apprentice to Darth Sidious.

That's what I really think will happen... but I don't want to know. I also don't want to know what happens to JarJar, Mace, Padme and Boba Fett.

We know that Yoda will go into hiding but what will finally force him there? That to me is a spoiler.

gibbyhayes
06-19-2003, 07:49 PM
I am admittedly pro-spoiler, or I wouldnt be here snooping around almost two years before all of our questions are answered. I really enjoy reading and contributing to the topics here, and for me, I thought that was what this is all about. With the exception of ANH I've seen every film with the full knowledge of its story in advance and I'm still interested in discussing them with you. What I can't understand is why you guys (sorry ladies, raise your hand) float so dangerously close to news you don't want to hear. Geez, way to save it for your wedding day...

Let me put it another way:

Why are you shaking the present without admitting that you're trying to guess what's inside?

I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, just understand. Keep me informed - I ain't got no hyperlink!!

Thanks

Pendo
06-20-2003, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by gibbyhayes
Why are you shaking the present without admitting that you're trying to guess what's inside?

The present wouldn't be much of a surprise if you knew what was in it to begin with :)!

PENDO!

scruffziller
06-25-2003, 11:04 AM
When the trailers come out for EPS 3, I hope they don't show the entire movie in the trailers like they did with EPS II.