PDA

View Full Version : How long after EpII

Jek Porky 2001
11-18-2001, 12:05 PM
How many years after Episode II will EpIII be set?

Fulit
11-18-2001, 12:09 PM
I've always heard 2-3 years.

JediTricks
11-19-2001, 12:28 AM
I've heard 2 years.

Rollo Tomassi
11-19-2001, 11:02 AM
2 years.

Co Jo-Da
11-19-2001, 11:44 AM
I've heard no more than 2 years, Episode III could take place almost right after AotC.

Tycho
11-21-2001, 09:01 AM
4 YEARS!!! -ok?

Episode 1 = 32 yrs before ANH

Episode 2 = 22 yrs before ANH

Luke and Leia are 18 in ANH

If we will see them born in E3, and obviously Padme becomes pregnant with the twins before Anakin becomes Darth Vader, the birth of the twins must be 18 yrs before ANH

Episode 3 = 18 yrs before ANH

22 - 18 = 4

SIMPLE MATH

bigbarada
11-21-2001, 09:59 AM
I thought Luke and Leia were 20 in ANH.

Tycho
11-21-2001, 10:12 AM
Everyone check their sources...

Encyclopedia, Guide to the Star Wars Universe, etc.

bigbarada
11-21-2001, 10:21 AM
uhhhh, I don't have any sources, I just always thought they were 20.

Co Jo-Da
11-21-2001, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
Everyone check their sources...

Encyclopedia, Guide to the Star Wars Universe, etc.

Don't forget that GL offen throws the book out the window and writes over it again and again...

JediTricks
11-24-2001, 06:21 AM
Tycho, EU has about as much to do with canon as a festering bowl of dog snot (source of quote: UHF) so your big point is TOTALLY WORTHLESS! AHAHAHAHA!

GNT
11-25-2001, 02:35 AM
I heard it was 5 years :)

Co Jo-Da
11-30-2001, 01:11 PM
I remember that GL wanted to film Episode II and III back to back and than he came to his sences... Although some scenes have already shot for Episode III, the most of the work on Episode III won't start till after AotC...

That leads me to think that Episode III will be right after AotC's but it might be moved to a year to 2 years after...

Eternal Padawan
05-30-2002, 10:51 AM
I guess we all owe Tycho an apology.

4 years it is.

Man, Rollo's first post looked especially smug. As if he knows everything.

womprat
06-14-2002, 11:45 AM
The TV Guide (May 11 - the one with 3 different motion cards affixed to its covers) interview with Lucas has a timeline on page18. According to this there is 4 years between EP2 & EP3.

Laserbrain
06-14-2002, 07:57 PM
I guess it would have to be four years. Luke was at the whiny old age of 17 or 18 which is the same age as Anakin in E2 and Obi-Wan in E1. It's always about the younger generation dealing with the old and picking up where the old left off.

Still...I really want to see Anakin as more of a badass in E3. Before that pencilnecked weenie Hayden caught the role I envisioned Anakin as slightly darker, and a lot tougher.

Anybody seen these 12" figures? This one of Anakin is exactly how I saw him...

Lock&load:
http://www.thecustomalliance.com/colucci/default.asp

I can only wish that four years of war will do that to him. But I know his development will parallel Luke...and I never really liked Luke all that much anyway...

Alas, my kingdom for a scoundrel and a wookee....

JEDIpartner
06-17-2002, 01:15 PM
You want Anakin to look like a horse? That HAS to be one of the most hideous heads I've EVER seen... well- out of the ones that weren't purposely sculpted to BE hideous! Yick! I don't know of too many "grizzled" looking 23-24 year-olds... even with war. We'll have to see , though. I think it would be fine if Hayden bulked up a bit... that way he wouldn't look as namby-pamby.

BTW... 4 years it is. :D

jjreason
06-20-2002, 02:42 AM
4 years is a super long time. Everything will have changed - the frickin' scroll at the beginning will be 15 minutes long!

Croaker
06-26-2002, 10:06 AM
Here you go:

from DarkHorizons:
Star Wars: Episode III: George Lucas recently spilled some stuff about Episode III in issue #300 of Starlog magazine and The Force.Net has uncovered the details. Boba Fett fans will be happy as he WILL be in Episode III, but "his role definitely won't be larger...the next film takes place two or three years later, so Boba would only be 13 and still wouldn't fit in the suit".

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-30-2002, 01:49 PM
Croaker, Lucas always says that Episode I is "thirty-some odd years" before Episode IV. He needs to learn more about his story.:crazed:
And Laserbrain, Obi-Wan is 25 in Episode I.:eek:

Tycho
06-30-2002, 06:39 PM
I'm confused by Mr. Jabba JohnL's point.

Phantom Menace is 32 years before ANH.

Attack of the Clones is 22 years before ANH (or 10 years after TPM)

Episode 3 is 4 years after AOTC, or 18 years before ANH.

Luke and Leia are born during Episode 3. 18 years later they will be 18 years old in ANH. Right?

I'm not sure what is being said here by Jabba JohnL. and Croaker. I think we ALL agree on this. :crazed:

So what's the debate about?

Boba Fett is 10 in AOTC. He will be 14, or "13 going on 14" in Episode 3.

Obi-Wan Kenobi was reportedly 24 in TPM. (or 24 going on 25)

He was 34 in AOTC.

He'll be 38 in Episode 3.

He'll be 56 in ANH / was 56 in ANH.

Alec Guiness may have been considerably older when he played him though. And since he'll be "56 going on 57" and living out in the Jundland Wastes, he'll look slightly older than Qui-Gon who might have been 50 in TPM. I've heard 60 though.

Not all books get this right though (supposed movie reference books). Lucas makes some scatterbrained comments sometimes when he's tired or rushed, like "in Episode One when Anakin blows up the Death Star...???" Excuse me Mr. Lucas, but sometimes we have to stop you and ask you for extreme clarity.

So, we have to go by the majority of the reference books' citations, the majority of Lucas' talk (he says it's pronouced Shmy Skywalker on the DVD and Anakin says Shmee Skywalker to Watto in the movie. Lucas changed his mind at least once or Anakin doesn't know his mother's name).

But while we're on age:

Anakin is 9 in TPM

19 in AOTC

23 in Episode 3, or Darth Vader's first year.

Vader is 41 in ANH.

Vader is 44 in ESB.

Vader is 45 in ROTJ, at the time of his death. Sebastian Shaw was considerably older than 45 I think, too.

Tycho
06-30-2002, 06:43 PM
One last thing JJReason:

Why should the scroll be 15 minutes long for E3 because it is 4 years later than E2?

AOTC was 10 years after TPM.

ESB was 3 years after ANH.

ROTJ was 1 year after ESB.

There was "a period of civil war" going on during the 3 years between ANH and ESB. Somehow the Rebels lost Yavin and were driven to Hoth, but the scroll is no longer than ANH's.

(Yes I know Marvel Comics expands on the time between ESB and ANH, but the scroll to ESB did not summarize 3 years of Marvel Comics AND the Holiday Special! Where was information about Chewbacca's family in the scroll to ESB ;) ?)

Anyway, I'm being silly. Appologies. Just didn't know why you'd posted that the scroll up would be long. True there's a war going on, but there was during the Original Trilogy and it's always about 3 paragraphs for each movie's scroll up.

Nebulaz
07-03-2002, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
I've heard no more than 2 years, Episode III could take place almost right after AotC.

i'd go with 2 since thats about the average.

Tycho
07-03-2002, 08:06 AM
It's on the Official Site. George Lucas said there will be 4 years between Episode 2 and Episode 3 (18 years before ANH).

So there's nothing more to debate in this thread about that really.

Padme was 14 in TPM.

She was 24 in AOTC.

She will be 28 and pregnant for almost the whole movie in Episode 3.

These facts are confirmed. Someone with the time on their hands might want to look this up on the Official Site and post the links directly to the articles or Q&As there.