PDA

View Full Version : Your pride and joy

Old Fossil
05-14-2003, 11:46 PM
I have only recently got into collecting vintage figures, what with the yawning abyss that is in place of new figures at retail these days. I'm glad I did! Vintage figures are great fun, and I seem to get more enjoyment from adding them to my collection than I do buying some of the newly recycled stuff Hasbro tends to churn out, when they churn out anything at all.

Anyhoo, I was wondering what your favorite item is among your vintage collection? My collection is very, very small at present -- 2 carded figures, 2 loose -- so I have to go with my carded ROTJ Vader. Haven't had the thing graded, but I'd guess a 7, due to some light creasing on the card; but the bubble is crystal-clear. It occupies a place of honour among my displayed carded collection.

bobafrett
05-14-2003, 11:50 PM
Wow, Vintage figures.........Hmmmm, I haven't looked my collection over in some time now. I must have had an obsession with Stormtroopers back then too, because I have 4 of them carded still in my collection.

Jayspawn
05-15-2003, 12:15 AM
My pride and joy would be my carded ROTJ Darth Vader. It's in great shape and just looks soo cool and nostalgic in the package. My loose favorite would be Carbonite Han Solo. He's in perfect shape- flawless.

LusiferSam
05-15-2003, 12:05 PM
Boy I have to say my pride and joy are my original 36 figures (the figures I got as a kid). All have been played with and some are worst for the wear then others. But I have such great memories of playing with them they're worth more to me than other any of the other figures I've since add.

icatch9
05-15-2003, 12:14 PM
My pride and joy of my collection is my set of vintage figures (including the Droids and Ewoks line). I had 95% of them when I was a kid and it's been tons of fun collecting the rest. The set is loose but all are near mint to mint with original weapons.

If I had to pick out one that is my best I'd have to say it's my Stormtrooper Luke Skywalker from the POTF line. I had him when I was a kid, so it's been in my collection for 20 some years. I loved playing with that fig when I was a kid, because I loved the removable helmet.

sith_killer_99
05-15-2003, 01:36 PM
I would have to say my vintage loose Carbonite Han Solo. I had this as a kid and loved it back then. I remember bugging the heck out of my parents 'til they finally found one and bought it for me.

My current Han is in excellent shape, I put the coin in a MMC older and put Han next to it. Those Millenium Minted Coin holders make great display pieces for the old POTF coins!

Kidhuman
05-15-2003, 04:58 PM
Man, I would also have to say my entire vintage collection. I love evry piece that I still own. I have the weapons stored in an old butter container(yes it was cleaned out). Every once and awhile I go back and pull them all out. I don't have many vehicles(I think 1 an AT-ST) and have some beasts still. I want to start buying and filling in the vintage stuff I am missing though.

JabbaGlob
05-15-2003, 07:42 PM
My pride and joy is not simply one piece, but my comprehensive collection of loose/complete figures. I have them proudly displayed in my Star Wars room on expandable stair-step spice racks. Everyone's there from Luke Tatooine to Yakface, including a few custom figures done in the vintage style like Sandtrooper, Han Trooper, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Uncle Owen & Grand Moff Tarkin. Next to the figures props a Polaroid of me as a toe-head kid holding my new Landspeeder complete with Luke, Ben, R2 & 3PO. The photo is dated December 25, 1978. I love that photo! Maybe it's my pride & joy?

Arrogant Arse
05-19-2003, 03:33 PM
Mine is my Luke Jedi figure. Yes, it is common. Yes everyone has one, but it was my favorite to play with , and I still love it. Second is my Bespin Han, I loved playing with that one too.

Vortex
05-19-2003, 04:55 PM
My old figures are in a bag in the basement, and the guns and accessories are in a snap box right along with the figures.

My folks were rather poor so I never got ships or big ticket items, and when our house was hit by lightening I lot a lot of my old star wars toys, and some things never got replaced. But as a kid I drooled over the death star play set.

And just a few weeks back some guy sold his old star wars collection to my local comic shop. I was amazed at what was sitting on the shelves. An AT-AT, X-wings, Snow and Land speeders, Playsets, Probe Droids and Gun Turrets, and my death star play set...complete minus a support piece, but the foam pieces were still there.

Make that score has been the best thing for me. Once I get the house in order, convert the wood shop in to a room when I tear down the old garage for a new one + wood shop, I'll set up all my old stuff in the basement and have that as the center display.

gibbspaulus
05-21-2003, 06:25 AM
I too have a hit and miss collection. I worship the shelf my AT AT stands on, and I'm quietly proud of my battered Palitoy Death Star.

I am completely careded-less though. Well, I just bought a recard from E-bay. It's the only way I can do carded on my budget!

evenflow
05-21-2003, 01:49 PM
This is a rough call. I can't really decide so i will have to go with a couple of things.

1. Complete set of POTF coins
2. Complete set of Droids and Ewoks mint on mint cards
3. Carded Yak Face

stormie
05-21-2003, 04:30 PM
The highlight of my stuff is my collection (http://www.bobpages.com/storm.html) of carded Stormtroopers and the preproduction sculpt and hardcopy for the POTF stormtrooper coin. :)

Dialogus
05-21-2003, 06:38 PM
This has to go between:

1. Loose Takara Wind-Up Artoo (great shape, still working)

2. Falcon in ROTJ box

3. AT-AT in ESB box

4. Slave 1 that I got 4 Christmas in 1980 (played with it soooooo many times:happy: !)

evenflow
05-22-2003, 11:57 AM
Damn, i was thinking about it. I would also have to include my bagged wind-up R2-D2. Also my 12 inch Lili Ledy Tusken Raider.

JangoFart
06-09-2003, 01:14 AM
I am most fond of my collection of vintage Ewoks and Droids figures from the cartoons. I have all the Ewoks figures and about half of the Droids figures. All are carded and unpunched and some are AFA graded. I'm very fond of them because of the cool, original artwork on the cards; as opposed to a screen-ripped picture.

Not that screen-ripped pictures are bad, mind you. I just like the originality of the cartoon artwork on the cards. I'm actually hoping that Hasbro will put pics of the cartoon or comic versions of the Clone Wars figures prominently on the cards. But, with the new card design, that probably won't happen.

J

Imperial_Outpost
10-16-2003, 09:39 AM
I think it would be between my POTF R2 with Lightsaber, just because of the fantastic condition he's in and also cos it was a birthday present from our kid, and Yak Face, cos I had to sell my original MIB transformers to buy him!

jedi-cpa
10-16-2003, 01:09 PM
My skiff is my pride and joy because that is one of the few, complete "scenes "made solely out of vintage figs. No need to supplement because Kenner was pretty complete in making the neccesary aliens. And I had no idea the vintage skiff was rare.