PDA

View Full Version : Neo vs. Luke Skywalker! Who'd Win?!

icatch9
05-15-2003, 10:31 AM
I guess this topic was sort of inevidable. Perhaps this has been brought up befor, but now that the Matrix is "reloaded" fresh in our minds we should discuss it again.

First off, for arguments sake lets just say that Luke is as talented or more so than the Obi Wan and Anakin we've sceen in the PT. I know we don't see great lightsaber dules from Luke in the OT, but we've got to assume that he has the ability to do things as we'll as his father and his teacher.

Alright, here are my vies. I think that Luke would have him if he had his saber. Neo is the greatest hand to hand fighter ever, but luke would combat any ofensive frot from Neo with his saber. For some reason I don't think Neo could stop a saber from cutting through him the way he did that semitar.

Now, there is a posiblity that Neo could use a saber too, if that was the case I think he'd win. Assuming he has training on it, wich we know would just be a quick download away. He's probally faster than Luke and can do more amazing things (fly, dodge bullets, ect). I think it would be a long fight, but Neo would come out on top.

All things being even, I think they would draw more often than not. Would be an amazing fight.

What do you think?

James Boba Fettfield
05-15-2003, 10:33 AM
Inside the Matrix man, Neo would win hands down, no contest. Neo took on all of the Agent Smith clones and came out just fine. Neo stops bullets. Neo was able to use some force pull like powers when he grabbed those sais..........in conclusion, Luke would be taken down like a sissy boy.

I suppose I should add the stuff about Luke using his lightsaber. Neo most likely has programming in the finer arts of how to use a sword, so using a saber would work for him, and that would leave Luke with just his skills in the force. Throwing stuff at Neo wouldn't work, as Neo can stop projectiles. Pretty much any advantage a Jedi has, Neo would have in the Matrix. Maybe not force lightning, but still, Neo can evade that. I really don't see Luke having any chance.

icatch9
05-15-2003, 10:58 AM
Yes, I see but all the Agent Smith were fighting with were thier fists. A light saber is totally differnt. Neo can use the matrix to his advantage but he still has got to get close enough to Luke to land a punch. If that's the case than Luke cut cut him like a Darth Maul.

I don't think Neo could "force" pull Lukes saber very easily. He did that to objects on a wall, not objects held in someone hands. Certainly not a powerful force user like Luke.

Neo's power has always been in Hand to Hand combat. That being the case, Luke's saber would be the determining factor.

James Boba Fettfield
05-15-2003, 11:25 AM
Yeah, but what makes you think Neo can't use a sword? Morpheus proved he could use one, so you'd expect Neo to be able to handle a saber as well.

Now if Neo didn't have a saber, then maybe he'd have a difficult time. But still, Neo proved in that balcony/stair scene he could take on weapons. In the Matrix, Neo can do almost anything, and I don't think Luke's saber will be such an advantage.

I'm a nerd for discussing this.

icatch9
05-15-2003, 11:40 AM
Oh, that changes everything. If both Luke and Neo have lightsabers and they are in the matrix then I think it'd be a draw. I mean they'd both be the best with saber handling. They both can filp and jump all over the place. Only thing Luke can't do is fly and that's used by Neo as an escape tactic. We know Neo can jump miles high, but I bet Luke could do similar. In a saber fight, super high jumps wouldn't be that relavant anyway.

If only LUke has a saber and they are in the Matrix than I think Luke would win. (though I'm not sure how Luke would combat AK-47's, but lets not think about that :D).

In hand to hand Neo would kill him.

James Boba Fettfield
05-15-2003, 11:50 AM
Yeah, for Neo to even have a chance in combat they would need to be in the Matrix. Outside of it, maybe not...then again, Neo did do some crazy stuff outside of the matrix in the movie last night.

One on one combat, with no other distractions....wow. I think Neo could avoid Luke's lightsaber long enough to get in one of those super punches to send Luke flying.

keith koth
05-15-2003, 12:14 PM
Luke would win!

There are no telephones in the SW galaxy for Neo to use to hack into the SW matrix :D

El Chuxter
05-15-2003, 12:19 PM
Luke, because Keanu Reaves makes Mark Hamill look like Oscar material.

James Boba Fettfield
05-15-2003, 12:32 PM
I can feel the Matrix hate already....

scruffziller
05-15-2003, 01:34 PM
Nah Luke no contest because in the Matrix, there is no physical impairments, only the mind and the feelings are there to solidify to make whatever the force wishes.

James Boba Fettfield
05-15-2003, 01:37 PM
I wonder if midichlorians could go into the Matrix.

sith_killer_99
05-15-2003, 01:47 PM
hehehe...

There are no telephones in the SW galaxy for Neo to use to hack into the SW matrix

SW Matrix! :D

I can feel the Matrix hate already....

Nothing but love.;)

Luke, because Keanu Reaves makes Mark Hamill look like Oscar material.

And the winner is El Chuxter, for best original cut!:)

Midichlorians phone home? LOL;)

LTBasker
05-15-2003, 05:29 PM
Luke. I wouldn't doubt Obi-Wan's living on Coruscant with all those Jedi gave him the chance to have some good anti-hacker programs around, Luke could've find them in his hut.

bobafrett
05-16-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
hehehe...

SW Matrix! :D

Stop, you're giving George Lucas ideas, next thing you know there will be phone booths in the cantinia and Jedi's will move about to resolve conflicts via the Matrix..........

Not sure who would win between Luke and Neo. How about Vader and Morpheus? Or Mace and Morpheus?

Mandalorian Candidat
05-16-2003, 11:13 AM
Luke would probably win in a fight, but at least Neo got laid. When did Luke ever get any action except from his sister? :eek:

icatch9
05-16-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Luke would probably win in a fight, but at least Neo got laid. When did Luke ever get any action except from his sister? :eek:

Yea, becasue that's real important when in a fight to the death.

El Chuxter
05-16-2003, 12:16 PM
Two words: Mara Jade. (Also spelled as Shannon Baksa.)

No matter how you say it, it's still pronounced like that growling noise Roy Orbison made in "Oh Pretty Woman." ;)

scruffziller
05-16-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield

They communicate to the body which still exists and that communicates to the mind so YES!!!! :happy:

Tonysmo
05-18-2003, 04:03 AM
ok, so Luke is standing there, lit saber..
Neo, seeing this, grabs his cell, and calls the operator.. I need a Jedi Force program, quick..
( operator fumbles through disks looking for a copy of Jedi Knight II.. )
While this download takes place,
Luke winks, and blows a kiss at Neo, and says " you remind me of my sister "
leaving Neo stumped and standing there like Darth duh Maul..
and Luke slices through him like butter....

LUKE wins..

Eternal Padawan
05-18-2003, 07:27 AM
Vader and Morpheus? It would go something like this:

1. Vader raises hand into choking position.
2. Morpheus gurgles and drops like a sack of flour.
3. Vader goes home and has some chicken kiev for dinner.

darthvyn
05-18-2003, 10:22 AM
what about wolverine vs. (free) agent smith?

with wolverine's healing factor and smith's replicating ability, this would be an interesting fight...

Eternal Padawan
05-19-2003, 05:12 PM
Wellllll...Wolvie is the best there is at what he does...and what he does isn't very nice. I think facing off against so many Smiths would eventually drive Logan into a berserker rage which would give the level headed Smith the advantage.

The real cool fight would be Jamie Madrox, the Multiple Man against Agent Smith X 1000.

evenflow
05-21-2003, 01:56 PM
I go with Luke.

Lobito
06-02-2003, 03:35 PM
IMO Luke, i mean he blew the death star!!!:D Although it would be interesting to see a Luke version "inside" the Matrix to see how he handles Neo, who is actually Luke´s father, after all...he is the chosen one!!:D

Prince Xizor
06-08-2003, 11:45 AM
What are you people on? Neo would win without a fight. The man can dodge bullets! What makes you think he can't dodge a couple of lightsaber slashes then kick Lukey in the head?