PDA

View Full Version : Say it ain't so, Robert Stack died

James Boba Fettfield
05-15-2003, 10:54 AM
Robert Stack, whose granite-eyed stare and menacing baritone spelled trouble for television's fictional criminals in "The Untouchables" and real ones in "Unsolved Mysteries," died at his home. He was 84.

Stack's wife Rosemarie found him slumped over at about 5 p.m. Wednesday. He died of heart failure, she said. The actor had undergone radiation treatment for prostate cancer (news - web sites) in October.

I liked this guy on Unsolved Mysteries, and his roles in Airplane! and Baseketball....Good man, sad to see him go.

Exhaust Port
05-15-2003, 11:29 AM
He had the perfect voice for the Unsolved Mysteries show. His voice and that creepy music could easily get my skin crawling.

Jayspawn
05-15-2003, 12:01 PM
I grew up watching Unsolved Mysteries, and I thought he was one of the coolest people. With that voice and trenchcoat and all. He will truely be missed.

"Maybe you could help solve a mystery."

El Chuxter
05-15-2003, 12:19 PM
Rest in peace, Ultra Magnus. :cry:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-15-2003, 12:35 PM
Aw, that sucks. He was funny as hell in BASEketball.

Coop, i sure wish i was his girlfriend. Laying side by side, in the fetal position (gets cold water tossed on him)

RIP Mr. Stack. :(

Eternal Padawan
05-15-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter

TIL ALL ARE ONE.

Good bye, sir. You were truly untouchable.

Exhaust Port
05-15-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter

Oh man, I forgot about that.

scruffziller
05-15-2003, 01:30 PM
His voice was great in Beavis and Butthead Do America. Yea, but no one could top his voice in UNSOLVED MYSTERIES. His voice was so eerie.

The 'Xir
05-15-2003, 11:47 PM
Definitely a sad day in Hollywood! :cry:

We will miss: The Top dog, the head hancho, numero uno, A#1, the Big Cheese, The Big Enchillada, The ... ;)

Hopefully, The Light came at his darkest hour! kinda Ironic that a movie called The Matrix would be released the day he dies!

As EP already stated; "Till All Are One!"

bobafrett
05-16-2003, 12:15 AM
Wow, and a second star falls in the singing Mrs. Johnny Cash...

2-1B
05-16-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
Aw, that sucks. He was funny as hell in BASEketball.

Coop, i sure wish i was his girlfriend. Laying side by side, in the fetal position (gets cold water tossed on him)

I believe it was "nestled in the spoons position." :D :D :D

Wow, how about when he refers to "the nosy b**** up the street" ? ? ? :crazed: CLASSIC !

:(

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-16-2003, 01:10 AM
Yeah, i was trying to remember the whole line, but i forgot...figured those who saw the movie and rememberd it would still get it...thanks though, that was irking me all day! :D